1633 Williston Road
South Burlington, VT 05407Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.guildtavern.com/
- Phone: 8024971207x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Neil Solis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room able to accommodate up to 60 guests
- Private Party Contact: Scott Olmstead 8024971207x
- Special Events: Every Thursday is an Evening Out at Guild Tavern! These very informal, free-form events are designed to celebrate a select spirit, cocktail, wine/region/winery, food, farm, etc. These events are open to everyone; no tickets or reservations required. Just show up and join the conversation!
A word from Guild Tavern
Guild Tavern is a farm-to-table dining experience featuring dry aged, local beef, pork, and poultry grilled over Vermont hardwood. The menu offers casual tavern fare alongside classic steakhouse entrees, wood fired mixed grills, seafood and vegetarian options, and an innovative cocktail program.Continued
Join us for your next celebration--our private dining room is great for bringing family & friends together.
Join us for your next celebration--our private dining room is great for bringing family & friends together.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Guild Tavern - Best Restaurants in Burlington, VT ›
Guild Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (101)fit for foodies (78)good for groups (48)neighborhood gem (38)romantic (34)notable wine list (24)kid-friendly (18)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (13)great for brunch (11)late-night find (5)great for lunch (4)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Food is good, especially the steaksMaryVTDined on 7/28/2014We have enjoyed the Guild as a dinner for 2, 4, 12 and been to a very large holiday party there. All were done well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentEZ1521Dined on 7/23/2014Amazing food, impeccable service, delicious drinks make Guild Tavern a must-do if you are in Burlington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodBobcat1981Dined on 7/21/2014Salmon was excellent and the people who had the fillet said it was also excellent. The beet sauce for the salmon was very tasty. Rhubarb pie was very good for dessert. A bit pricey, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Special RestauranthabinvtDined on 7/20/2014It was my wife's first night out after her long convalescence. At 5:00 P.M., it was the perfect place to bring her! It was quiet, relaxed and the wait staff could not have been better! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceKathieDined on 7/19/2014Service is the absolute best at the Guild. The food was delicious. There is a nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ExperienceShibadogDined on 7/19/2014This was my third visit and I was disappointed with the "Barbecue Special". Prior visits were woth it. The meat was average and the beans were terrible. It was not worth the $38.00 per meal excluding our appetizers, sides and drinks.
- Excellent food!FoodsiastDined on 7/15/2014Had dinner with a friend and as has been my experience in the past, the service is very good and the food great. My only complaint, again as in the past, the price point is high for the little that comes with the dinner. My choice was the mussels, which for the large serving, was $23.95 and came with a piece of toasted bread. Two hours later, I was hungry. Price aside, the food was fine, not flavorful, but cooked properly, and our waiter very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first steakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014We were here before and really enjoyed it. This time I decided to have their signature steak. At $48 it was disappointing. Good taste and texture but small. Everything else was outstanding. Service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Family DinnerlocalyokulDined on 7/9/2014There were 10 of us for a family dinner - everything from start to finish went off without a hitch! Great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting decor, good local foodSamchildVIPDined on 7/7/2014Guild Tavern, replete with a wall of meat grinders, presents itself well, albeit darkly. Reminiscent of a medieval butcher festival, the meat offerings are solid, if not strong. The remainder of the menu is interesting, with more than a passing attempt to provide vegetarian options. Plating competence was suspect, though, as the kitchen served Maine mussels with more than 10% of the creatures closed tightly. We especially enjoyed the locavore emphasis, though. The special soup that night was smoked corn and black bean soup and it was terrific. Guild Tavern would be a better choice if they reduced their menu prices about 15%.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food!ChrisdDined on 7/7/2014I had read the reviews (some really good, some disappointed), so I wasn't really sure what to expect. Yes, it can be pricey, but there are plenty of options for very reasonable entrees. I had the filet and it was fantastic. My date had steak, shrimp with seasonal veges and mashed potatoes and she ate it all - which she usually doesn't do. The service was attentive, although the meals came out before we were done our salad. If you haven't tried it, it's well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantVermontluv2dineDined on 7/7/2014We tried the Guild Restaurant for the first time. We were celebrating our 30 wedding anniversary. We had a wonderful experience. The food was delicious, the service was excellent and the ambiance was lovely. We have already recommended the Guild to several people and will continue to do so. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious!BKBBDined on 7/6/2014We came to Guild to celebrate a special birthday. It did not disappoint! We shared the special appetizer of mussels with morels, which was outstanding. Not a drop of sauce was left on the plate! The chicken was extremely flavorful and delicious, the crab cakes decadent. The dry-aged porterhouse was cooked perfectly and celebration-worthy (which it should be at $48!). We visited early evening on a Sunday, so it was very quiet. Service was attentive. We had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ribs!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014The sauce on the baby back ribs is terrific! It gets a bit noisy but that's because its a popular place. Great coffee too!Special Features:
- Something for everyoneBarbDined on 7/4/2014I've been meaning to try Guild Tavern since they opened and finally made it out there tonight. I really like the atmosphere. The cocktail menu is great and the drinks are presented well. The menu is varied, so there's something for everyone. I like that there wasn't just one or two things that appealed to me. I opted for the salmon entree tonight and it was really delicious. Offering French press coffee is a huge bonus in my book. The service was good. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as usualpukanacheeDined on 7/3/2014We usually like the guild, but tried new BBQ items on their menu and were disappointed in the flavor. Also my husband was disappointed they had removed one of his favorites, fish & chips from the menu
- Good food, good servicebrandigirlDined on 6/28/2014We frequent this restaurant two to three times a month and the food is always great. Sometimes the service is a bit slow but other than that we always enjoy it. I would recommend making a reservation, especially on the weekends, otherwise you may not get in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, slow servicefoolishdinerDined on 6/24/2014After a cross country flight with three children, we chose the Guild Tavern for its proximity to the airport. The menu selection was very good, lots of choices, and the food was excellent. Meats cooked just as we ordered them, oysters fresh and light, and French fries nice and crisp. Our only complaint was that service was slow, and it seemed more related to back-up in the kitchen than to wait staff. Our waiter kept us informed of progress, but that did not prevent the kids from becoming antsy. It was a busy (Tuesday) night, so the crowd may have been more than anticipated. Overall, a very good dining experience.Special Features:
- Vermont themeDontbringthekidsDined on 6/24/2014Decor was great inside. For the cost, I expected a much fancier restaurant. Overall, it fits a stereotype of Vermont Fancy I guess. Food was delicious but portions were on the small side. Disappointed my $28 entree did not have a salad included. Looking to come back, so I did like it. They have a 10 burger Sunday, which I am looking to try. Defiantly a restaurant I would come back for special occasions or a gift card given. To expensive for casual dining.Special Features:
- Great food and laid back atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014While the meat entrees are definitely the stars, we found several good vegetarian options. They were excellent at addressing my gluten intolerance. Food - especially the farm fresh meats and vegetables - were deliciously prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guild TaverntoniDined on 6/21/2014We loved the Guild Tavern! As we'd been told, the downside: it is NOT cheap. The rest is all positive: It uses VT produce and meats throughout the menu. The staff can answer just about any question & they've sampled menu items and can offer excellent suggestions. After looking through the menu we realized we wanted to sample a number of appetizers, so we made the compromise to do that and then split a filet mignon entree. Out server was not put out and even had each half cooked differently for us with no complaint about sharing or extra plates that some places put you through. Our mojitos were fabulous, the appetizers tasty & unusual, the salads with lobster were extravagant, and the filets so tender you truly could cut them with a spoon.Special Features:
- Loved it -- againpattiDined on 6/20/2014A real Gem. Great that they paid attention to food allergy. Great wine list.Special Features:
- excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014It was our anniversary the guilds staff did a outstanding job to make our evening special. The food was phenomenal. Thank you so much for that excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014We frequent this restaurant often...our recent experience was not consistent with what we come to expect from the Guild. It seems like servers were new and not organized.we sat for 15 minutes before we were acknowledged or a drink order was taken. Bar was backed up and we did not get beverages until after our oysters. Although our waitress kept apologizing, it was clear this Father's Day dinner was not going to be what I expected. Our steaks took so long, we were offered a complimentary cheese plate while we waited which was nice and quite tasty but by the time dinner came, I was not hungry. The taste and quality of the rib eye steaks was fabulous ,as usual and I am hopeful this experience was a one time snafuSpecial Features:
- Favorite Restaurant!BinaBabeDined on 6/15/2014My absolute favorite Restaurant! Great service, every time! Love the Oysters, Poutine, Steak Tartar, the Salmon is awesome, the Rib Eye for two is Devine! I love the House Salad, but decided to try the Ceasar Salad last time, it was the best I have ever tasted! Must have the Silver Gin Fizz every time, it is fabulous! I leave happy every time I go to The Guild! Can't wait until next time!Special Features:
- ECYLADined on 6/15/2014Five of us attended the Father's Day Brunch. The food was exceptionally delicious. Large well cooked shrimp with excellent cocktail sauce. The tenderloin beef at the carving station literally melted in our mouths. The bacon was also incredibly tasty. Eggs benedict superb. Our server was attentive and gracious. Needless to say, we truly enjoyed our meal and ambience.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchTyDyMomDined on 6/15/2014We visited for the Father's Day special brunch. One of the first things we noticed was that one of our 6 diners had a dirty water glass, which was quickly replaced by the waitress when mentioned. The food was delicious, a wide variety of choices, the beef tenderloin could be cut with a fork! We were there near the end of the brunch schedule and the dessert table had dwindled to only 3 options - which were wonderful, if limited. The plates at the buffet were brought out too soon from the dishwasher, as they were actually too hot to comfortably hold in one's hand. A 20% tip was added to the bill (because we were a large group?) which seemed a bit presumptuous for a serve-ourselves buffet. Wish they offered Sunday brunch every week!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/14/2014Food was very, very good: the wood grill taste to the steaks was excellent. Service was uneven, on a Saturday night before Fathers' Day: seemed the staff weren't sure who did what, or in what order to do them. Appetizers were out before the bread, and the amuse-bouche was delivered moments before the entrees. My niece asked one of the servers, who was refilling water glasses (oh yeah, that also was sporadic at best) for more tea; she was told to ask her waitress instead. Really? Food, ambiance, all very good; hopefully it's a shakeout time for the service and it improves. My wife had been a couple of weeks before for a very early dinner and said service was much better when it was slow. Inconsistency, though, isn't a selling point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family DinnerlocalyokulDined on 6/9/2014Thank you for honoring our request for a booth - worked out great for a nice adult family dinner.Special Features:
- Great steak, loud!EricDRVIPDined on 6/7/2014Steaks were excellent all around. Other dishes were a mixed bag (shrimp and grits were very good; crab gratin was not). Boisterous groups throughout the restaurant--rather too loud for my taste, but you might find that type of atmosphere fun.
- wellfedVIPDined on 6/6/2014Good steak but high price for the atmosphere and service. Do not order the salmon very small and just ok. Not as good as I remember from a year ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything as great!lovetoeatDined on 5/31/2014Everything about our visit was great! I just don't think it was worth the prices that we paid. My husband ordered a $50 steak, and only got the steak and 5 stalks of asparagus. The one really nice thing about the restaurant is that my son ( who has a VERY strict diet) was able to e at almost everything on the menu. Our server was very kind to my son who was very curious and complicated!!Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedKathrynVTDined on 5/31/2014I was expecting to have the meal of a life time! I ordered the filet mignon and steak fries, both of which were over salted, and I love salt! The novelty and flavor of eating the filet was lost from it being cut in half before grilling. The French onion soup was average. My martini would have tasted better had it been served in a traditional wide rimmed martini glass. Perhaps this isn't the restaurant for the gourmet home chef, which is how I characterize myself...
- lovgoodfoodlovgoodfoodDined on 5/29/2014We were in search of a tasty, dry aged steak. Guilds is the best place in the area. We took advantage of a Thursday night special and that was great food at a good price. This type of beef is pricey, so be prepared to spend the extra money for the fine flavor. You are worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed ExperienceVTfoodiesDined on 5/24/2014On previous occasions we have had very positive experiences here (the half price oyster and ale night is particularly memorable) but were disappointed when we dined here for a special occasion. The service was slow and our waitress mixed up our wine order. We felt like we were in an iHop rather than an upscale restaurant. Appetizers were excellent (chicken mousse, raw oysters, and soft shell crab salad) but the main course (bone-in New York Strip) was overdone which was inexcusable at $48. My partner would have sent it back but that would have meant eating our entrees separately and not a choice for us on this special evening. We will probably try this restaurant again but only for their special offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great finddaisy5Dined on 5/24/2014Great food and easy parking compared to downtown Burlington. Very fresh food and great service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014Excellent service but terribly expensive. $48 for a tenderloin - not including salad or a second side dish - is unaffordable. I ate a Cesar salad with 4 shrimps for $24. and even that was way too much. Will return only if someone gives me a gift certificate :-) Vermont is not California ...Special Features:
- NOT UP TO EXPECTATION!!LoveDiningOutDined on 5/20/2014This was our third time visiting. The first two times were over a year ago, not long after they initially opened. We had excellent experiences then. This time, though, my husband and I shared the Bone-In Dry Aged Ribeye For Two and the steak was too fatty... Our son's order came out with condiments added when we specified to hold them on the side (so they took it away to fix it). The bill was full price when they clearly offered a "Tuesday Night 1/2 price deal" on draft beer and oysters... Just not enough special attention to details for the price they charged. I am not in a rush to return and will not recommend to friends unless I hear from others that they have stepped it up a bit.
- The following 660 reviews are from the Guild Tavern reviews archive.
- Amazing. but priceyxmasboyDined on 5/17/2014We have been wanting to try the Guild since first reading about it. I love the fact that so much of the place is local, not just the food but the wood used for cooking and the interior woodwork. The prices are higher than the place we generally go to. My son and I got the Ribeye for 2, which was $80. The meat is from a farm owned by people we know, although that does not bias our opinions. The food was fantastic. The table side carving was interesting, and the large bone - well our dog enjoyed that tremendously - until we took away when it began to splinter. If price were no object we would be eating here very often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite placeGsd1Dined on 5/16/2014Food and service consistently outstanding. Love the Guild!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.