Ayse Meze Lounge
6 North East St
Frederick, MD 21701Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Ayse Meze Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aysemeze.com/
- Phone: 2406515155
- Hours of Operation:
11:30 AM - 10 PM Monday thru Thursday
11:30 AM - 11 PM Friday and Saturday
10:30 AM - 9 PM Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Turkish, Greek, Lebanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live, local music on our patio Tuesday's thru Saturday's from 7pm-10pm
- Special Events: Please call and inquire about booking private events of up to 300 guests
A word from Ayse Meze Lounge
Modern Eastern Mediterranean Cuisine featuring Greek, Turkish, and Lebanese influence, served in small plates called "meze." Located in Everedy Square in Down Town FrederickContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ayse Meze Lounge - Best Restaurants in Frederick ›
Ayse Meze Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (104)fit for foodies (100)good for groups (71)neighborhood gem (70)special occasion (68)romantic (46)great for lunch (44)hot spot (32)great for brunch (26)notable wine list (25)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (19)kid-friendly (14)scenic view (5)Show More
- YUMMYdisappointedVIPDined on 2/8/2014Very nice experience on our first time dining in Frederick. Good was absolutely delicious. The brussel sprouts were out of this world. Server was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!karenDined on 2/7/2014Delicious food and wine at an affordable cost and outstanding service. The atmosphere was inviting and the music set the tone for a very enjoyable evening with the family. A definate must for anyone looking for a unique dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful place and food!mamabeeDined on 2/1/2014We enjoy sharing the mezes. The brussel sprouts are TDF! Good and hot pita bread goes well with the olive oil and all the dips. Calamari has a wonderful lemon dip, a change from the cocktail sauce served at most places. One might want to order a meze, enjoy it, and then order another. All three of ours came at once when we had planned to savor each one. We've been three times and will continue to dine there while looking forward to Spring and outdoor dining on their patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievably goodJdsmmsVIPDined on 2/1/2014This was our first time at Ayse Meze and it was phenomonal. We sampled many, many dishes on the menu and one was better than the others. Highly recommend the baked oysters, the brussel sprouts, the scallops and the filet. The wine list is extensive with some unusual selections. Make a point of eating here!Special Features:
- Best in arealuvfoodDined on 2/1/2014You can spend as little or as much as your wallet can afford and still enjoy great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good, haven't had a1HappyManDined on 1/31/2014Really good, haven't had a bad meal yet. Also have really good specials that are unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time TapasRAMavDined on 1/31/2014My husband and I were very excited to try tapas for the first time. It was a great experience at AYSE and the food was amazing - we had the Saganaki, Kakavia, Biftek, and Turkish Manti). For dessert we had the Cookie and Candy platter, which was delicious! Will certainly be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ayse, however you say it, is great!TerryJDined on 1/31/2014Eye-sha, Eye-shay, Eye-sheh... not sure how it's pronounced, but the food is consistently spot-on fantastic. We started with the combination of spreads. Their muhammara is the best Ive ever had! Fresh oysters followed dressed with a simple, but elegant mignonette. Mushrooms with dates... delicious! Wine list a great - a rare treat to find so many notable wines and vineyards from the mediterranean. The beer list is perfect for Frederick - many selections from down the road at Brewer's Alley!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lil Bites with Huge TasteBryimDined on 1/25/2014This place is amazing. Service is excellent and choices come very quickly. Drink selection is fun and creative not to mention delicious. Can't wait to go back. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Fails to PleaseTonyVIPDined on 1/24/2014As always, the nightly specials are not to be missed, and showcases the chef's many talents. But that makes it so hard to chose because everything on the regular menu is outstanding too. On our recent visit, the quail and the venison highlighted the seasonal special. Different soups appear with the nightly specials and reflect seasonal flavors such as celery root and rutabaga not readily found in most restaurants. From the manager and owner to the busboys, everyone makes your dining experience great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yelp let us find this gem!SteveFDined on 1/23/2014This was our first visit to Ayse Meze but we will be back! The food was excellent. Our server Eric was amazing. Not only did he have great food suggestions but after dinner he suggested desert by the fire. Overall, terrific experience. A few standouts: Fried Brussels Sprouts - phenomenal! ( who knew!); The venison with chard & prosciutto - delicious! The Souvlaki - fantastic! We would recommend this place to anyone and can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night at AyseMarKDined on 1/18/2014Perfect meal and service. The evening could not have been better. Five courses of food (all shared with the table) was selected by the staff and could not have been better. Service was consistently "there" with out being in our face as was a management checking in. In the end a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new gem in FrederickjboehmanDined on 1/17/2014We've been to Ayse Meze many times, and it was delicious as always. We usually try some new things, so we get dishes we love, and then maybe not so much, but that is part of the adventure, right? We love the brussels sprouts dish--it is amazing. We had a wonderful meal and will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful SpecialsTonyVIPDined on 1/17/2014The specials last Friday evening were outstanding. The roasted quail with apples, cheese, and field greens highlighted the talents of the chef. So did the verison scallopini in wine sauce with swiss chard. Both were very moist and tender. Cooked to perfection. Other specials on the menu were also very appealing. There is just so much you can eat. Wife had the chocolate walnut fudge which was just the kind of dessert you need to end a wonderful meal. As always, the service and ambience was what you expect for a great place like Ayse. Very friendly and helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, moderately priced!froggiemomDined on 1/17/2014This was a fun place to eat. My daughter and I enjoyed tasting new foods especially the interesting combinations. Try their Brussels sprouts - who knew they were that good. Love them so much I made sure to save some for the doggie bag to have the next morning. Had a little problem in the beginning - no service for us when many were getting served even when they arrived 10-15 minutes after us. We sat for a long while before being serve. The restaurant is lucky. The food! & our waiter made up for the problem with his attitude, suggestions & excitement for the restaurant. Really wished the manager/hostess/owner would have personally apologized for the excessive wait. The food was so good, we plan on giving them another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always WonderfulTonyVIPDined on 1/11/2014Judy's birthday celebration was wonderful!! As always the staff at Ayse goes all out to please.The specials were great. Shrimp stuffed with crab and the beans with tuna were excellent. All the staff went out of their way to make this special occasion so special. What a great place to spend an evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ayse -yumLuvtravelingDined on 1/10/2014I am always pleased with the good and service at Ayse. The menu has some unusual things and some if the wait staff share some of their favorites. I like that there is music on the weekends. They have a nice patio outside which they have enclosed and heated this year but Unfortunately was closed Fri. Night. The one downfall is happy hour menu only applies to the few high top tables and couches not the whole bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place was terrific. TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2014This place was terrific. They were slow seating us (about 820 for an 8pm reservation) but they made up for it with a great table. Everything was delicious and well-timed. It was a fun date spot!Special Features:
- In a word...Superb...BradDined on 1/4/2014Truly wonderful...& very authentic: My wife & I lived in Turkey & Greece, & one daughter is in Turkish Studies in college. We know Turkish, Greek & Middle Eastern cuisine very well, & we all agree this is "the real thing." Four of us ordered about 10 different things, including Istanbul Sampler, Peynir Burek (cigar pastries), Saganaki, Bruksel Lahanasi, Pastirma, to name a few things...all bursting with exquisite flavor & presentation. My daughter's vegetarian so we chose mostly meatless dishes. I can hardly wait to go back to try some of their meat & seafood fare. Service: impeccable, attentive & knowledgeable. Atmosphere: noisy, but festive. I can't say enough good things about Ayse Mese, except, GO THERE!...and find out for yourself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good and unusual menuPatuDined on 1/4/2014Very good and unusual menu items. Casual atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful New YearsTonyVIPDined on 12/31/2013New Years Eve was wonderful at Ayse!!! Even though we went early, we had a great time. The menu, as always, was more than satisfying. My lamb chops couldn't have been better. Crispy on the outside, and nice and rare on the inside. Just like I like them!! Definitely a signature dish at Ayse along with so many other items on the menu. Looking forward to anothr great year of dining at Ayse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I had in mind for NYETomDDined on 12/31/2013The food was very good as it has been in all our experiences here. The service was also fine. However, we were seated in a heated tent outside, which I'm assuming is normally their patio seating area. Had I known we would be seated here, I would have made a reservation somewhere else. This was definitely not the ambience I was going for on what was to be a romantic dinner with my wife.I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve bustLovesfoodDined on 12/31/2013Arrived at 5:30 to find 6 people behind the desk. We were led to our table and our server all but disappeared. We ordered a bottle of champagne from the special New Year's Eve Champagne Menu. After waiting 10 minutes for the champagne to be delivered to the table, we informed the server that the champagne was WARM. His comment was simply, "Oh". It took an additional 20 minutes for the champagne to chill to proper temperature in the bucket. We would have said something to our server, but both she and the wine steward were no where to be found. What a buzz killer.
- Great foodCsjdogsDined on 12/28/2013Everything was wonderfull The waiter recommended all the dishes that we ordered ,and he did a great job-all delisciousSpecial Features:
- A Frederick gemSusueQDined on 12/28/2013Wonderful service,, exceptional food, especially the Brussels sproutsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great service.BatgirlVIPDined on 12/27/2013It was my second time there and my son's first time. Its a very extensive menu and we looked confused on what to do. The waitress was so helpful on what to order and how much. We got 4 vegetable including stuffed grape leaves and a whole fish to share and it was perfect. We were very full and the bill was so reasonable. I'd go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlmostDinedWithFamilyDined on 12/27/2013We had a group of eight and they put together a round and a square -- so it was a bit awkward as someone at the round sorta had their back to the square. The waitress knew the menu and suggested some great items, however, the first few items all came at once and you lost the idea of the mezze. Once we said something, the food delivery slowed down and it was much more enjoyable. Overall food was pretty delicious. The recipe for the brussell sprouts should be posted online. Best dish. We all left happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice place, bar is betterlikefood1977Dined on 12/26/2013We enjoyed our dining experience. The service was terrific, the food was pretty good, but not overly impressive. The prices were fare. The bar was actually more welcoming than the restaurant, we enjoyed our time there much more. Also looks to have a very nice and expansive outside area (we dined in the winter).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't eat at any table in the bar!cedarVIPDined on 12/23/2013The five of us enjoyed the food very much. I think we got other people's food sent to our table in error and I know that some things we ordered, well, we never received. The bar area was understaffed, loud and not very pleasant. I do not recommend eating dinner at an y table in the bar. I hope this isn't where they usually put Opentable diners! The constant arrival and departure of the server became tedious and, of course, where was he when you needed him?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always PleasingTonyVIPDined on 12/21/2013Ayse never fails to please. The daily menu reflects the mainly talents of the chef and the seasonal product that is availabe mainly local. The grilled whole fish imported from Turkey, the many special seasonal vegetable dishes, and the homemade desserts are not to be missed. Excellent server staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/19/2013Our table was not available and we were told since we booked online a table was not guaranteed. They were over booked.Special Features:
- Just to clarify, it was noiseyTheBigWDined on 12/19/2013Just to clarify, it was noisey that night due to Christmas partying during happy hour. We loved the energy that brought. Everyone was having so much fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made me look chic!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/18/2013I was asked to find a restaurant to entertain my husband's "mentor" and his wife. They are an older couple but completely enjoy new cultures, foods, and experiences. They are well traveled and very likable. Ayse Meze was just perfect. All the food was interesting and very good. There was live music but it was not overpowering. The couple complimented me several times on my choice--which made my husband very grateful! I would only say that the table got very full due to the tapas type of menu. I think there could have been more attention to keeping things cleared away. Thank you. It was really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the best!!!TonyVIPDined on 12/13/2013My wife and I are always amazed at the consistency of the food and service at Ayse. We are weekly diners and never have had a bad experience. Being very critical when we dine out, it is rare we can say this about a restaurant. Ayse ALWAYS tries to accomodate us and from what I have observed, they do the same for all their patrons. The mangement and servers go out of their way to please everyone and to povide a great dinning experience. Not only is the food well prepared, but the chef tries his best to be innovative with his daily specials. You will find dishes on the menu that you rarely find at other restaurants, even more high ed places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my fourth or so visit,JillDined on 12/7/2013This was my fourth or so visit, and Ayse really hit it out of the park in terms of the food, service, and pacing of dishes. We were seated in the tented back patio, and while I was initially concerned that it would not be warm on a 32-degree night, we were comfortable. There was a small combo playing and our party of four initially had difficulty conversing while they were playing, but they scaled back their volume after the first number and that made it better. A very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Horrible serverMarketgirl127Dined on 12/7/2013This is the second time I have has this server and he forgets orders and you have to ask several times in order to get it. I made reservations and was put in the loud bar section. I guess I will have to specify next time that I want the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the bestTonyVIPDined on 12/6/2013Ayse never disappoints!! The food always pleases even foodies like us!! Everone is so pleasant and friendly.Try the grill fish and the oysteres. Always something on the menu to please every dining taste. Many vegetables to please the vegans. Don't miss the wine dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business secretMarKDined on 12/5/2013Taking a last minute meeting with a vendor to a important dinner going to AML turned out to be an excellent choice. The food was perfect for sharing and had enough choices to keep everybody entertained. Great food and perfect service.Special Features:
- Don't miss this spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/30/2013Great Mediterranean food, with knowledgeable and attentive servers. Great atmosphere as well. The Brussel sprouts are the best I have had in the US. Simply wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantGennyDined on 11/24/2013Excellent food. Interesting menu with lots of choices. Very good service. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.