Ayse Meze Lounge
6 North East St
Frederick, MD 21701Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Ayse Meze Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aysemeze.com/
- Phone: 2406515155
- Hours of Operation:
11:30 AM - 10 PM Monday thru Thursday
11:30 AM - 11 PM Friday and Saturday
10:30 AM - 9 PM Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Turkish, Greek, Lebanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live, local music on our patio Tuesday's thru Saturday's from 7pm-10pm
- Special Events: Please call and inquire about booking private events of up to 300 guests
A word from Ayse Meze Lounge
Modern Eastern Mediterranean Cuisine featuring Greek, Turkish, and Lebanese influence, served in small plates called "meze." Located in Everedy Square in Down Town FrederickContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ayse Meze Lounge - Best Restaurants in Frederick ›
Ayse Meze Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (107)great for outdoor dining (100)good for groups (74)neighborhood gem (72)special occasion (68)romantic (44)great for lunch (41)hot spot (35)notable wine list (28)great for brunch (22)late-night find (20)vibrant bar scene (17)kid-friendly (14)scenic view (4)Show More
- We loved it!MelissaDined on 3/30/2014The portions were generous, the brunch had familiar brunch items, but we also added from the regular menu that featured Greek-inspired small plates. Service was attentive, room very attractive. Looking forward to going back to try some of the desserts that sounded good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kid friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2014Took our adult children. And two gra ddaughters for my wife's sixtieth birthday. Booked 5 pm hoping that restaurant would not be busy. It was surprisingly busy but we were given a table in the back which wAs perfect for the little girls. Food and service were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not go again. Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/29/2014Will not go again. Food was neither tasty nor fresh. Food was not appetizing. The lemon soup and the moussaka were not good enough and definitely they were too full of cornstarch. Turkish coffee was poor. Chocolate dessert was very good. Will not bother to go again.
- Positive experience replaces poor vleadingageDined on 3/28/2014Early opening experiences were mixed. But latest experienced wiped that slate clean. Food was excellent and so was serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...loud bar areaReedcrsrDined on 3/28/2014Outstanding food and great choices. This restaurant has seating for everyone. Outside seating, quiet, romantic. Just be sure not to sit in the bar area when they have live music unless all you want to hear is the music. Love this place....Brussel sprouts are a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful ExperienceTonyVIPDined on 3/28/2014We took out 16 year old grandson to Ayse. It was his first experience at a real fine dining place. All the staff from the manager Chris to Abe, our server, went out of their way to make his evening wonderful, They were so helpful and interested in pleasing him. The food as usually never fails to please. Great grilled fish and innovative specials which change daily. The venison sisi is hard to beat. Cooked just to order and very tender. Ayse is in a class by itself!!!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunch at AyseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2014The food is excellent and consistent from visit to visit. Service is friendly and responsive. The acoustics seem to amplify the noise level though but that may be a function of seating location. Overall, highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great ExperienceTonyVIPDined on 3/21/2014As always our meal was the best!! The specials were wonderful. The vension Sis wa so tender you never think it was a Kabob. My grilled Bronzoni was cooked to perfection. A nice crisp skin and very most on the inside. When I filet it, it came right off the bone. A great dish for anyone who is health conscious. As always the serve was outstanding. It's hard to find an area where this restaurant needs improvement!! Just keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/16/2014Awesome array of foods to taste and combine. Loved every minute of it! Will definitely go back. Wish I lived in the neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and fabulous service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2014Great food and fabulous service! Our picky vegetarian daughter loves this place, lots of options for her.Special Features:
- Celebrating AnniversaryMarylandDined on 3/15/2014Although we informed the restaurant that we were celebrating our wedding anniversary, we were seated in a small room with a large group sitting next to our table. Did not give us much room to have a private conversation. Perhaps it may have been b/c we asked to be seated before our reservation time. Nevertheless our waiter was fabulous. The only foods that stood out were the lamb chops though we had to send it back to the kitchen because it was rare, and the corn penne was good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Food ws greatTonyVIPDined on 3/15/2014The food never fails to please!! Te venison scallopine was some of the best venison I've tasted any ppace in my traves. Just cooked to perfection. The other specials also pleased. The wine list, unfortunately, has been reduced. Mainly Greek wines which don't measure up to other Mediterranean wines in the same price range. Wines from France, Spanish and Italy should be included on the wine list. Just because the cuisine is mainly Greek and turkish doesn't mean that the wine selection has to be limited to these wines. As always, the managemnt and server staff go out of their way to make the dinner feel at home and to ensure that the dining experience is outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceAllTattedUpJayDined on 3/13/2014Ayse was an excellent experience. We tried it for the first time about a week ago. We loved it so much that we invited friends to join us for a meal less than a week from our initial visit. I highly recommend Ayse. Excellent food and atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NIce restaurantOskVAVIPDined on 3/13/2014I've been to Ayse several times. This time the service was slower than usual and when we ordered the first round of meze's for the table not all of the items showed up because the waitress forgot to write them down when she turned in the order. Other than that, the food is outstanding and we will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Delicious Experienceekarat6Dined on 3/9/2014Everything was delicious, we went for Restaurant week and were very pleased. Try the brussel sprouts and the salmon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!LibelleDined on 3/9/2014Like any first experience there is some level of uncertainty but from the time we were sited, through every bite and the explosion of delicious flavors we knew this was a restaurant we will visit often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new foodie oasis in FrederickcwmndcVIPDined on 3/9/2014We drove up from DC for Sunday lunch on a cold wintry day and discovered this fabulous new restaurant. In a rambling building off the main beaten paths -- with parking! -- the outdoor areas were still piled with snow. But inside was warm and in an elegantly understated Turkish style. The welcome was friendly and the service was attentive and informative. The remarkable, grilled Brussels Sprouts with currents are apparently locally famous but, in truth, each of the eight dishes we had was outstanding. If we lived in the area we definitely would be regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2014The food was really good and we would definitely go back. There were some service issues though, but maybe just an off day for our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2014Great food and a wonderful setting. The service was lacking in attentiveness and that could have been due to the time of night and business of the rest. Overall, our experience was joyous The food was "life changing" in a great way. Very authentic and prepared with perfect portion sizes.Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014This was my first visit. I was meeting some friends from out of town and I had to choose the restaurant. Turned out I made a great choice. Staff was terrific from the time I walked in to the time I walked out. Great variety of food, delicious, well prepared and presented and authentic. I'll definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Love it!RottieLoverDined on 3/8/2014Ayse is great! The food is consistent and the servers are always friendly! Love, love, love that we have a restaurant like this in Frederick!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Restaurant1sttimerDined on 3/8/2014This was our first time at this restaurant and if it was not for Restaurant Week I would never have gone to this restaurant only because I had never heard of it before. Everything about this restaurant was impeccable, we all could not say enough about the food, service and detail to the presentation of the food. I will definitely return to this restaurant. Thank you Ayse Meze Lounge for making our experience so memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun to SharelocalDined on 3/7/2014Great place to go with a group to be able to share the wide variety of items on the menu. Sometimes feel rushed as the food comes out quickly once an order is placed. The wait staff is friendly and very knowledgeable about the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant changeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/7/2014Ayse Maze is a welcome addition to the Frederick dining scene. It's Middle Eastern fare brings a whole new choice in dining.Special Features:
- Our new fav Frederick restaurant!OliveMeDined on 3/7/2014Our first time to this restaurant and it was during Frederick's Restaurant Week. We were so happy we put this outstanding place on our list of restaurants to dine at! It was very busy and therefore, probably louder than usual. Our waiter was Abraham, and he made the experience at the restaurant a very pleasant one. The food was delicious! We will definitely dine there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for visitorsSkyJimDined on 3/7/2014We had friends in from out of town, and Ayse has such a variety on the menu it was hardly a challenge to take them here for dinner. Whether your group has food aficianados, vegans, wine snobs, or kids who only eat burgers, Ayse will have an offering to suit them. Smallish portions allow one to get a variety without becoming over-stuffed, and the seating can be in the lively bar area, or the main dining area, or (in good weather) the outdoor patio with music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014As a first timer at Ayse, my husband and I really enjoyed ourselves. The service was great, atmosphere was electric and the food was just amazing! Will definately be returning with friends!Special Features:
- Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/7/2014Fantastic! A friend & I went before a show at the Weinberg. Ordered two of the four course restaurant meals. Chose both meals together and shared everything. Their specialty Brussels sprouts are indeed special! Yummy. Spinach pie, salmon, hummus, cigars (pastry & filled!); EVERYTHING is perfect! I had a Turkish red wine that was excellent. Server super (so much we tipped 25%!); very helpful with food and wine. Will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek food!ChaseDined on 3/7/2014The food was great and the desserts were awesome. My girlfriend and I ended up both getting the four course meal and shared the different courses with each other for variety. The dipper platter was great the hummus was seasoned very well. The Turkish cigars were good and the apricot jam that was served with it really set it off. The main entree was good but nothing too exciting. I am big sucker for baklava; it was served with a scope of ice cream and some apricot candies. It was outstanding and it made the meal. I will come back and suffer through the other courses just to have it again. The waitress we had was pleasant and knew the menu very well and the waitstaff was very attentive with clearing the table and refills on water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bargain Offer Becomes A FavoriteJdinerDined on 3/7/2014My friend and I were planning to eat Mediterranean food for a bargain price. Our lunch turned into so much more. She had fried calamari and moussaka which she said was fabulous. I had stuffed grape leaves (with a hint of sweetness) and the poached salmon on basmati rice mixed with sauteed spinach topped with a lemon sauce and lemon zest. My choices were absolutely perfection. All servings came on small plates one at a time. The dessert was an unexpected bonanza. The baklava was the best I have ever had - rich with pistachios and honey served with a delectable orange marmalade and dollop of cream. The chocolate cream inside a chocolate shell infused with pop rocks was indescribable. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! We asked the waiterJessiEDined on 3/6/2014Great food! We asked the waiter for some recommendations, and he did not lead us astray! The brussel sprouts really are amazing here, do not miss them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth itBrianDined on 3/6/2014We went for Frederick Restaurant Week. Although it wasn't cheap, we thoroughly enjoyed all of our selections. I started with the dolmades. I assumed that they would be the same as all other dolmades I've had, but these were out of this world. I followed that up with the keftedes. A simple meatball, but so delicious. The tzatziki was fabulous. Unfortunately, I cannot remember my third course, but I promise you that it was great as well. I completed that up with the cikolati. It nearly brought a tear to my eye. Oh, I almost forgot about the elysian, a gin-based drink. Wonderful.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/5/2014We chose to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary here. The food is always amazing. The wait staff is helpful and attentive. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a wonderful meal and a great evening.Special Features:
- The waiter was very helpfulGuyFDined on 3/4/2014The waiter was very helpful in describing the menu items. Food was delicious and the service was excellent. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it.lvbgirlDined on 3/4/2014Great food, great selection - best part was our waiter - he was incredibly knowledgeable about the food, took the time to give in-depth explanations for all our questions - which is particularly helpful in a restaurant where much of the food has traditional Mediterranean names. Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendGampatsterDined on 3/4/2014Ayse is a favorite of ours...fantastic food, great service! The restaurant is comfortable and so tastefully decorated. Don't plan to rush through a meal-there are many small plates to enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2014Great restaurant with great food. Ask for Abe - he's an awesome waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to try it again!FirstTimerDined on 2/22/2014We were very impressed with the quality of the food. Service was great and our waitress was very friendly and helpful. She also provided great suggestions since it was our first time in trying out different items on the menu. It is tapas style, and we enjoy every bit of it. My only complaint is that our table for two was a little small particularly being tapas style dining, but that won't stop us from going back. There are items on the menu that we were too full to try so we will definitely be going back to finish what we started!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed itNotKiddingNoVaDined on 2/22/2014It was our first trip to Ayse, from the Washingtonian's Top 100 (January 2014). My view: they had many opportunities to mess things up, and get it all wrong - and, they took NONE of them. A 5-star experience: setting, ambiance, food quality, service, and overall. More than pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyablemnkyboyVIPDined on 2/22/2014Food was very good!! Brussel sprouts were great!!! Tried a few of their cocktails (Pom Fizz & another one that was a martini) & they were not very good at all!! Kind of bland!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.