Ayse Meze Lounge
6 North East St
Frederick, MD 21701Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Ayse Meze Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aysemeze.com/
- Phone: 2406515155
- Hours of Operation:
11:30 AM - 10 PM Monday thru Thursday
11:30 AM - 11 PM Friday and Saturday
10:30 AM - 9 PM Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Turkish, Greek, Lebanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live, local music on our patio Tuesday's thru Saturday's from 7pm-10pm
- Special Events: Please call and inquire about booking private events of up to 300 guests
A word from Ayse Meze Lounge
Modern Eastern Mediterranean Cuisine featuring Greek, Turkish, and Lebanese influence, served in small plates called "meze." Located in Everedy Square in Down Town FrederickContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ayse Meze Lounge - Best Restaurants in Frederick ›
Ayse Meze Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (106)fit for foodies (96)neighborhood gem (72)special occasion (69)good for groups (68)romantic (46)great for lunch (42)hot spot (29)great for brunch (26)notable wine list (23)vibrant bar scene (20)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (4)Show More
- 1new guestnot2happyDined on 6/18/2014Food was good as usual, service however was not what we are accustomed to, timing of food to the table was off and at one point our food per the waiter was given to another diner, we will most likely return thoughSpecial Features:
- Middle Eastern delightdontgetoutmuchDined on 6/15/2014For anyone who has lived in the Middle East, this is a very delicious trip down taste-memory lane. The dishes were traditional and, in some cases, exotically creative. The Calamari was fabulous. The Istanbul sampler set the scene for a wonderful sample of the special flavors of this cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all around experienceTHD68Dined on 6/15/2014Our first visit to this restaurant was very good. The food and service were awesome. We enjoyed trying various plates and non disappointed. Since we went for a very early dinner on a Sunday, the bar area was not busy. I can't wait to go again to sit in the lounge. The restaurant decor is beautifulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food if you have the timeWGL1VIPDined on 6/15/2014We had a great Fathers Day brunch outside in the shade. The food was great but the service was slow. Which was fine for us because we had time on a nice day to sit outside. If we were in a rush it would have been very annoying.Special Features:
- nice father's day brunchlikefood1977Dined on 6/15/2014the staff was very accommodating. We requested to sit outside, and it was no problem. I have two little ones that wanted to run around, and we had a nice quiet spot where we didnt disturb anyone. The food was very good, especially the spread sampler with pita bread. My husband really love the hearth - md crab. My grilled chicken pita was very tasty and a large portion. My inlaws loved the fries. The tables outside are beautiful and offer a nice view. I have eaten here before, and I really love the outside and bar area of the restaurant, the inside is nice but I feel a little cramped. the staff is very friendly and have good tips on food selection.Special Features:
- First Time and Will Return!scurbanaDined on 6/13/2014We have heard so many good things and they were all correct...you can't go wrong! If you order wine expect to pay around $100 plus tax/tip, but you will come away stuffed and full of great food! We sat inside at a table in the bar area, wasn't loud at all. Originally had wanted to be by the music but be forewarned that it is outside and weather dependent, and while not raining there were impending storms predicted so it was cancelled. Didn't ruin the experience at all. The restaurant is spread out enough into different sections that you didn't feel like you were on top of those around you.Special Features:
- Ayse1Dined on 6/8/2014an outstanding restaurant with great food, great atmosphere and very good service. Beautiful restaurant. The only thing we wanted and couldn't get was to reserve 2 tables in an L-cove area for 10 people on a Saturday evening. They could not guaranteed us this table area on the weekend due to volume, they would only guaranteed this specified table during the slower week-day. Small plate restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In a class of its ownBtowndinerDined on 6/7/2014Eating at Ayse Meze is not just "dinner out", it's an event. We went at what would be the busiest time - first Saturday of the month - by the time of our reservation at 8:30 PM, the noise level was beginning to wane and the service was still excellent. I recommend going later in the evening on busy nights, because the noise level is the only negative I can find about this place. Ayse Meze caters to both vegan and gluten intolerant diners - all menu items have notations. Presentation of the dishes is excellent. The food itself is so delicious you will want to lick your plate, even though you were raised better. Favorites are the mini crab cakes, scallops with mashed sweet potatoes, baby artichokes, and Brussels sprouts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & atmospherePinkAlligatorDined on 6/7/2014Some dishes were better than others but overall very good, high quality ingredience, good cooking and creative. Outdoor patio is very nice too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always treat us like familyTonyVIPDined on 6/7/2014My wife had surgery a few weeks ago and this was our first time dining in awhile, All the staff from the owner, manager to the busers treated us great!! like family shedding kindness on my wife. The food as always was wonderful. From the daily specials to the old favorites on the menu. My wife's wild salmon was just right as always. My specials showed the talents and innovation of the chef. The veggie stew relected the best of local vegetables. Chris, the manager, always seems to find me a special wine to try. Again Ayse never fails to please!! Not many places like this anymore. Try there new sister restaurant Pistorias for a more informal setting and great pizza and pastasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasty treatswineloverDined on 6/4/2014We ate in the bar area; we like the relaxed atmosphere there. Had my first brussels sprouts that I really liked! Would definitely have them again. Love being able to have small servings of a variety of foods. Our waiter was attentive without being intrusive and helped us make some excellent choices of both food and wine.Special Features:
- brussell sprouts Rock!GinMartiniGirlDined on 6/3/2014The brussell sprouts are amazing. Even folks who claim to never touch a sprout liked them. We definitely should have had 2 orders but next time. The Moussaka was very favorful but they should warn that the cast iron dish is extremely hot and stays hot. That is a very good thing because the food stays hot until the last bite but I simply wanted to move the dish a bit and whew! it's hot. The hostess was wonderful! What a pleasant person to have greeting people. She keeps things in order and never missed a beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ayse DeliversJJMDVIPDined on 5/31/2014First time at the restaurant and will gladly go back. Their drink menu is more interesting than the wine--the Cucumber cocktail is excellent. We had the Fried Green Tomatoes, Meatballs, Cheese Presentation, Shrimp and one of the Pitas and all were highly flavorful and great. The Fried Green Tomatoes had great spices in the sauce. Only criticism is that it took 20 minutes to actually get seated from the time we checked in. Otherwise, this is a great new place for Frederick and a wonderful alternative to Isabella's if you're looking for tapas-style food options.Special Features:
- Now our favorite in FrederickBluebirdDined on 5/31/2014We've now visited Ayse Meze four times. On two of those occasions, we took others - group of 6 and another group of 10. Every person raved. The food is so unique (Turkey, Greece, Lebanon), yet American friendly. Since everything is served on small plates, yet sharable, everyone had a chance to taste just about everything we ordered. Everything (!) was delicious. My adult children, who are gourmet cooks with refined palates, gave everything they tasted (probably 20 plates) two thumbs up. I wish it were not quite so noisy, but the room is not designed to dampen the din. However, we went at 5:30 on one occasion and at 5:00 on another. We were good for about 90 minutes before the crowds gathered. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meze at its bestRoslynTDined on 5/30/2014This is our favorite Frederick restaurant. It's a great place to go with a group of friends and share plates. All of the food is fresh and flavorable, and they have a great outside patio.Special Features:
- great wait staff but slow kitchenPHoofDined on 5/30/2014Food was great, there was some confusion with our order which they blamed on a computer glitch. Wait staff was apologetic and spoke with management who credited us part of our bill. Food that came late was missing sauce but still good. Rest of meal was delicious and wait staff was friendly and good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite small plate restaurantAgapeFeasterDined on 5/24/2014Ayse Meze has become one of our top five Frederick restaurants for celebrations. Recently, we took our son and daughter-in-law to Ayse and had a delightful time enjoying good food and good company. This is a great place to eat and share different plates agape-style. They consistently prepare and deliver very tasty dishes with good service. We especially like their flaming saganaki dish (Opa, opa!), yummy turkish pizza, delectable greek sampler, and fresh pida. They even shared a recipe for their outstanding brussel sprouts dish. We whole-heartedly recommend this restaurant for groups of four to six close friends or family members looking to share in a culinary feast on a pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in FrederickTeriDined on 5/24/2014We had a fantastic dining experience. The food was perfect, service excellent and outdoor seating was so convenient as we had a dog with us. Our server brought a fresh bowl of water for our dog. This is our second time at Ayse, and we will return often. This is a great place to eat if you want a big meal, or if you just want a glass of wine and cheese and olives, or if you want to sit and have as many small plates as you want. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014what food we got was good, but very much overpriced. we had to go elsewhere for the next course. outside is delightful altho the band was so loud it was hard to hear each other.Special Features:
- The following 418 reviews are from the Ayse Meze Lounge reviews archive.
- So AwesomePawbootsDined on 5/21/2014I came with my boyfriend for his birthday and EVERYONE in the place wished him a Happy Birthday due to my note. The food was fantastic, well priced and came in reasonable portion sizes!!! I could not have asked for a more amazing experience.Special Features:
- Delicious MezeFrederickfoodiesDined on 5/21/2014We are fans of Tapas, so we found the meze to be very much to our liking. They were flavorful without being too garlicky or spicy, and the server was helpful in steering us away from those dishes which might have been problematic because of that. Food was fresh, varied and, while not without calories, very light (the spanakopita and moussaka, which can, in the wrong kitchen be very heavy). All-in-all a delicious experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!!BcarltDined on 5/18/2014Brussels sprouts are a MUST! Love the zucchini feta pancakes. Fresh Turkish bread is fantastic!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bit of California in FrederickIjamsvilleFoodieDined on 5/17/2014Nice casual, tasteful atmosphere. Waitstaff was very attentive. The menu is quite extensive. All was very tasty and VERY different from what you would find at other restaurants. "Mediterranean dim sum." Neat that they only use olive oil from their own private olive grove. We would definitely go back again!Special Features:
- InconsistentlellebelleDined on 5/17/2014The food and service are inconsistent. The brussel sprouts were perfectly fried once then burnt the next two times. The deliciously seasoned asparagus were served raw last time.The shrimp on the skewers were also undercooked and old and small on another visit. Other times they have been excellent. The pita used to be piping hot and thin and now they are cold thick discs. The service last time was superb but other times we are tracking down the waiter for EVERYTHING. This restaurant has probably become too big for its own good. There seems to be no attention to detail from the kitchen anymore and that is a shame. It could be great. Lastly, both times I've booked with open table there has been a problem.
- Great fooddjthera257Dined on 5/17/2014The food and atmosphere was wonderful! I highly recommend the brussel sprouts.Special Features:
- Delicious!LuluDined on 5/17/2014Once again, an exquisite meal. The complexity of the flavors is intriguing and unfolds not unlike the notes of a perfume, changing and combining on your tongue. The few grains of black salt on the whipped cream of the chocolate bundino (sp) were astonishing in how they enhanced the flavors. A zillion stars!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2014Food was average and did not seem authentic. Oysters very disappointing and lamb burger was ice cold. Food was brought out all at once and felt super rushed.Special Features:
- BRUSSELS SPROUTShdangel15VIPDined on 5/16/2014if for nothing else...go for the brussels sprouts...truly amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in FrederickDCNativeFoodieDined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed a wonderful Mother's Day brunch as Ayse and will definitely make the trip out there again. The mezze were all well prepared, properly seasoned and the portions were just right. Our service was attentive but smothering. Definitely an energetic place -- given the nature of the day, there were a number of children amongst the diners. The staff handled everything very wellSpecial Features:
- Excellent Mother's Day BrunchsarbearDined on 5/11/2014Everything was delicious, especially the brussels sprouts, the mezes, and the scallops dish. The patio was very pretty, and the service was good.Special Features:
- Great!EatHereDined on 5/11/2014We've eaten here many times and always had incredible food and great service. The staff is knowledgable about food and giving advice to try new mezes based on what we've ordered. Great place!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Frederick!LadybugDined on 5/11/2014This place is wonderful!! Every dish is so good. Seriously, we have not had a bad dish yet!Special Features:
- Mediterranean SpecialtiesAnnieDined on 5/10/2014Extensive wine list from all over the area. Food specialties from brussel sprouts to lamb to scallops and oysters. Be sure to ask for recommendations!Special Features:
- New Favorite in FrederickWineAndDineMeDined on 5/4/2014I have been here twice in the past week (it's that good!). I brought my family here to celebrate Mother's Day. There were six of us, and we all really enjoyed ordering a wide variety of plates and sharing with everyone. Everything is delicious. The Scallops are an absolute must-try, as is the Calamari. It's a really fun dining experience, and the food is outstanding.Special Features:
- Love it!FoodiesDined on 5/3/2014The two times that we have been here we have not been disappointed. It is by far our favorite restaurant in Frederick. Thank you for the great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food but...goodchoiceDined on 5/3/2014My wife and I went there for an anniversary celebration. It was a Sat nite so we reserved. We were seated promptly on the patio which was comfortable and had an enjoyable jazz combo playing. We ordered the greek salad (really good with delicious feta cheese), calamari (also excellent and a spinach and leeks pastry -- a bit blad but okay. The problem was that we ordered a steak kabob and a grilled shrimp dish that never arrived. After 20 minutes, When I finally found him, I asked the waiter who was apologetic but not helpful. We waited another 10 minutes and decided to just call it a night and asked for the check. A manager came to our table and was apologetic. They comped us the meal. Will likely give it one more try.Special Features:
- Very good mezzeXwordManDined on 5/3/2014There were four of us and we had an unexpectedly nice time. If you're in the vicinity of Frederick, consider this place. The prices were very reasonable, and they offer a very wide selection of mezze. I'm not rating it outstanding because it wasn't truly outstanding (it was a crowded Saturday night, so I'm sure they were under pressure), but we had a very good time and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ayse Meze Lounge ratingsgreekgirl225Dined on 5/3/2014We were very disappointed in the food. The entrees we ordered didn't have much flavor & it was expensive. I am greek & this didn't taste like greek food to me. I ordered the egg lemon soup & it was mostly chicken pieces, thin & not very tasty. One piece of chicken was cartilage, so didn't appreciate that. The turkish flat bread was underdone, the oil to dip the bread was bland. Olive oil would've been a better choice. Overall, I would not recommend this place & don't plan on returning.
- Excellent ServicemakaviDined on 5/2/2014The waiting staff here is phenominal. They are not just you average run of the mill waiters here - they are professionals. They really take care of you and treat you like you are a special guest! You can tell they are passionate about the food they serve and are very helpful with answering questions about the menu. I always leave here with great things to say. They are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the jazzeatoutqueenVIPDined on 5/2/2014We especially enjoy the live jazz- it enhances the already lively and pleasant atmosphere .Special Features: