Buca di Beppo - Tallahassee
1500 Apalachee Parkway
Tallahassee, FL 32301Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Tallahassee
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 8503090058x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Scott Reynolds
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our full menu is available for Buca To Go and Delivery. If you're hosting a special occasion or group event at your home, office or a local area reception hall, Buca To Go or Buca Delivery is the perfect choice. Our friendly & professional staff will assist you with your order, arrange a specific pick-up time for Buca To Go or deliver your order ($25 delivery fee applies to deliveries). Plates, napkins, eating & serving utensils and condiments are included. No minimum purchase required. Please allow 3 hours for same-day delivery and call for questions/details about our delivery service area.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Tallahassee
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Buca di Beppo - Tallahassee - Best Restaurants in Tallahassee ›
Buca di Beppo - Tallahassee reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (16)special occasion (10)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (5)neighborhood gem (2)romantic (1)fit for foodies (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Nice mealWaterboyDined on 9/19/2014Convenient place to meet family for dinner when coming into town for football game. Easy to make a reservation on Open Table. Nice to eat on the "porch" that opens into the mall. Feels like you are outside and not so noisy. Service was great and food was ok. The apple gorgonzola salad was delicious and so was the Chicken Glorioso. The Macaroni Rosa was huge for a small. Too much penne pasta and not enough of the other ingredients. And the taste was a little flat or really no taste.Special Features:
- good food, service and managementOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Excellent portion sizes, great service. Accepted our Opentable rewards certificates with no problem.Amy the manager was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food/service/reservationBrunoDined on 9/6/2014Food was tasty. Service was very friendly. The online reservation was easy to use.Special Features:
- Great food but subpar serviceAri618Dined on 8/2/2014Came to buca with my family for my graduation lunch. Took more than 10 minutes for the waitress to show up. She never refilled our drinks, asked us how everything was, or checked on us. The food was delicious but the service was lacking. Also wish they would've done something special as I was celebrating a special occasion and we spent over $300 at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!WaterboyDined on 8/2/2014Great place for lunch after college graduation! We had a party of 10 and the food was good and hot. Service was pleasant and there on the spot with drink refills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovefinefoodDined on 8/1/2014Had a great time celebrating our daughter's college graduation.Special Features:
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Making the reservation was quick and easy, which I appreciated. However, the service was slow and some what forget full. But that's understandable with a table to 10.Special Features:
- Great Time Great FoodAnniversayDined on 7/13/2014Went to this restaurant for a birthday with a party of 14. The staff was excellent and very helpful. The food was great. Should have ordered the regular dishes. Would have been plenty. The large dishes were a lot of food. The staff sang happy birthday and all signed a birthday card. Very family friendly. Will definately be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatMarkDined on 7/13/2014I meet my family at the Tallahassee Buca often and we are never disapointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 11mpmDined on 7/4/2014food was very good,place is nice inside,staff is friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's day dinnernomnomnomDined on 6/15/2014I took my husband here for a surprise Father's day dinner. He had never been before and since it is fairly new to our area, I thought it would be nice for something different. We liked the family style meals since we love to share. Everything we got was great, food wise, but the carafe of sangria was a bit pricey at $22. If I had know that it was that much, I wouldn't have ordered it. I should have asked first! The service was great and the restaurant was quiet. No loud music, thankfully. Overall, a good experience.Special Features:
- The following 121 reviews are from the Buca di Beppo - Tallahassee reviews archive.
- First Time VisithappycamperDined on 5/11/2014This was our first time at Buca di Beppo; we like Italian and went for Mother's Day. We loved it--service was fantastic and food great! We'll be back!Special Features:
- Fine for a family gathering.BJoanieDined on 5/11/2014The food is decent, but they need to reduce the size of their dishes. Way too much food is served. They need to give their food more flavor as well. The veal was tough and had to be sent back. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that the server didn't remove it from our check. Even the service was lacking attention, since there was very few people there during our service. We had an accidental spill at our table which got me & my husband wet, but took the waiter several minutes to bring a cloth to help us. The waiter was waiting to bring back drinks for a neighboring table before helping us. Very disappointing. We won't be returning to that restaurant ever again.Special Features:
- Filling good time.nolemanDined on 5/11/2014Excellent service, food and value. The dessert, ice cream/brownie bowl, was an absolute hoot. We were a group of 4, ordered a small salad and main course along with the dessert, all of us went away full and content. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Old world Italian DininghorsinroundDined on 5/10/2014Family stlyle dining at it's best! Old world atmosphere, delicious Italian recipes brought to your table for small intimate family gatherings or even the larger family reunions. Perfect for receptions, birthdays and anniversaries too. The service was superburb and the staff only wants to please. We have been going to "our favorite Buca di Beppo" for over two years now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Get TogetherOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014We were there for a family gathering and birthday. There was plenty of food. The staff was great and we enjoyed everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014I took my family here to celebrate my graduation this Friday. I was a bit weary at first because it is in the mall, but those quickly went away as we sat down and began to eat. The food was delicious and you get a ton, but what really stood out to me was the service. They were very attentive, and quickly accommodated us when we found out that more people than I had made the reservation for would be joining our party. They even gave me a card to congratulate me on graduation that they had all the employees sign! It's the little things like that that show that they really care about there customers. Will definitely be back to Buca di Beppo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasion dining!TallyDinerDined on 4/20/2014Our family chose to gather together at Buca for Easter dinner rather than spend the day cooking in the kitchen, and the restaurant did not disappoint. The food was delicious, the portions more than generous, and the service was warm, friendly, and inviting. We love the atmosphere and the opportunity to sit "outside" and watch the rest of the mall traffic walk by. It was so nice to share a meal together without having to work all day to prepare it. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca is always the placeMarkDined on 4/11/2014The food is always great and the staff is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Family StyleJaneVIPDined on 3/30/2014This is a traditional Italian family style restaurant. Everything is served on platters and meant to be shared, even the small platters. Our waitress told us the small size was for 2 and over but the small Ziti platter fed 3 men with leftovers. Their veal marsala and chicken saltimboca were very good.
- A positive overall dining experiencsalitaliaDined on 3/7/2014Manager went above and beyond to satisfy everyone at table--he did a great job of making everyone happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BucadibeppoGatorboyDined on 2/28/2014The host was not welcoming at all. He was distracted by something and didn't acknowledge or help us for a few minutes upon arriving. Once we were seated finally, it was a while before a waitress came. She said that no one told her that she had people in her section. She did promptly take our food and drink order and answered our questions. The food was good, but the service was just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, family styleunderporchDined on 2/26/2014This was my first visit to Buca di Beppo, made on a mid-week evening. They serve family style so, for dinner at least, it helps to have more in your party (and people that you are comfortable making group food decisions with) so you can try a larger selection of their generously-sized items. Hightlights included the apple-nut-gorgonzola salad but all the main course dishes we ordered were good. The waitstaff was friendly and knowledgable. Our party of eight (none with bird-like appetites) had an appetizer, a large salad, two large and one small entrees, and had quite a bit boxed up for take-home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening at BucaLegendsDined on 2/14/2014First time to Buca. My wife kept talking about going so we went for Valentines Day. We were seated right away. Our server was very friendly and knowledgeable. We ordered appetizer, salad, and entrée portions for two. Food was delicious and we were treated to a good size portion. Prices were very reasonable for the amount of food. We definitely enjoyed our evening and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and funhappymomDined on 2/8/2014We had a family lunch to celebrate my son and daughter-in-law's marriage and everything was great. Wonderful food - fried mozzarella, bruschetta, ziti, quattro al forno, fettucine alfredo - YUM! Our server was fabulous; she handled 15 people with ease and was very cheerful and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good. I thoughtOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/7/2014Food was very good. I thought that the prices were a bit high for what we ordered. Drink prices were definitely high compared to other places around. Overall a good experience. Would likely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationJksixfourDined on 1/17/2014I had not been to a Buca in many years. It worked perfect to take my son and five of his college friends out to eat. The food was better than I remembered and the apple salad is amazing. The service was absolutely outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and MoreGonecoastalDined on 1/10/2014What an exceptional lunch! From the moment we arrived until the moment we left, we felt welcomed. The host and he server made recommendations and suggestions based on our questions. The food was not only excellent, it was plentiful. We had enough left over for another meal. This is a restaurant worth your consideration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Below ParWontBReturningDined on 12/31/2013My boyfriend and I came to this restaurant as first time diners, but aware of the style of the restaurant. We were hoping to celebrate New Year's Eve. We had received a gift card from a friend and truthfully, had heard good things; we were in the mood for some delicious Italian food. Our first questions revolved around how best to order for 2 in a restaurant set up to serve extremely large portions. Our waitress was not knowledgeable about the food, options for us, and answered in one-word answers in regards to how we should order ending with a shoulder shrug and "Can't you both just decide on the same thing?" Food was awful, bill was 70.00, service was terrible, and my word limit has now been cut off in this review. We won't be returning.
- Great Food - Service LackingNCfoodiesDined on 12/26/2013The food was amazing! The service however was not so great. I don't know if our waitress was having an off night or something, but we didn't even get the bread every other table was being given upon arrival... We had to ask for it AFTER we had received our appetizer. They didn't have mini meatballs, which is the appetizer we ordered, so they gave us 1 big meatball - for free. The food came and the portions were quite large, as stated in the menu. Each dish is meant to be shared, so the small feeds 2-3 and the large feeds 4+. Great place to go w/a group so you can try multiple items. We pretty much had 2 waitresses service us, whenever they each got the time, as so it seemed. Not sure what the problem was. We were never rude or anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeBelaDined on 12/26/2013I received a gift card and wanted to try it out. Becca was everything and more the food was a lot we had lunch for the next day. I loved the service and atmosphere of the area, it was AWESOME.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013Of the many time I have dined at Bucca the food and service has been nothing short of fantastic .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceValluvstoeatDined on 12/25/2013This was my second visit to Buca di Beppo and I was not disappointed. The food was delicious and there was plenty of it. Our server was delightful; attentive but not overbearing. Order the Tiramisu. It is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food to die forMizMackDined on 12/25/2013The food is excellent. The Macaroni Rosa is better every time. I also recommend the Apple Gorgonzola Salad. The service is always exceptional, whether you are in a large crowd or a company of two. The music is not too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took my family and friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/14/2013Took my family and friends here for an Eagle Scout Court of honor. Very poor service but great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/29/2013It was my 70Th birthday and ya'll made it special for me and my family. Great night, waiter was great, food was great/ THANKSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the saladHammerDined on 11/28/2013Salad was great, bread was cold not hot and crusty, red sauces bland, my sauce is so much better, meat sauce was ok but Olive Garden macaroni grill and carabas is so much betterSpecial Features:
- ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2013Went for the traditional Thanksgiving feast Buca style and it was fantastic! I am a vegetarian and my husband is not, so Buca was the perfect choice for our Thanksgiving dinner. Absolutely love the food with plenty of leftovers! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tHE FOOD WAS GREAT AND WEOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/28/2013tHE FOOD WAS GREAT AND WE WERE GIVEN MORE THAN WE COULD EAT.Special Features:
- Turkey DaycocodogDined on 11/28/2013My husband and I did something different this year. Instead of doing all the Thanksgiving fixings we went out since our family was out of town this year. The food was just like grandma use to make, she was Italian. There were left overs the server graciously wrapped up for us to take home as leftovers.Special Features: