Rusconi's American Kitchen
10637 N. Tatum Blvd
Phoenix, AZ 85028Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Rusconi's American Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rusconiskitchen.com/
- Phone: 4804830009
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch- Tues-Fri 11:30- 2:00
Happy Hour- 4:00- 6:00 Every Day
Dinner - 5:00-10:00 Every Day
Sunday Brunch- 10:00-2:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Rusconi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Rusconi’s American Kitchen offers a hearty menu of regional American cuisine featuring a wood roasted menu selections bringing sophisticated and accessible fare to Valley residents. Chef Rusconi's menu is ever-changing and reflective of the season. Expect a wide variety of your favorite dishes uniquely enhanced with ingredients native to the region. The signature menu items are influenced by our wood burning grill.
A word from Rusconi's American Kitchen
Rusconi’s American Kitchen offers a hearty menu of regional American cuisine featuring a wood burning grill with an abundance of affordable items, bringing sophisticated and accessible fare to Valley restaurant goers. Chef Rusconi's menu is ever-changing and reflective of the season. Expect a wide variety of your favorite dishes uniquely enhanced with ingredients native to the region. The signature menu items are cooked to perfection on our wood burning grill to create a savory and aromatic flavor profile you can only experience at Rusconi's American Kitchen. Come and visit us relax and "enjoy the Moment."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Rusconi's American Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Rusconi's American Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
202 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (158)fit for foodies (131)special occasion (62)great for lunch (52)notable wine list (34)great for brunch (34)good for groups (30)hot spot (25)romantic (23)vibrant bar scene (14)kid-friendly (13)great for outdoor dining (11)late-night find (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- ExcellentGypsylauriDined on 7/19/2014I appreciate how well our waiter knew the menu and the specials. The person I was with has certain food allergies and he was well versed in the ingredients in each menu item. He provided options that met her needs.Special Features:
- Exceptional food, gracious serviceSandyVIPDined on 7/18/2014Delicious choices of yummy pasta and vegetable dish. Not just your average little pasta. Friend had shrimp dish salad. Service was attentive, friendly and knowledgeable. Great foodie experience in an invitation place, casual but serious about food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary LunchatlastDined on 7/17/2014The fondue with grilled flat bread was outstanding. The restaurant easily accommodated a special diet request for a lettuce wrap burger for my husband. Everything was delicious and the atmosphere was wonderful. We had a quick lunch on our anniversary and were pleasantly surprised to hear our first dance song playing in the background.Special Features:
- Early dinner surpriselaytonaDined on 7/16/2014We read reviews before making reservations and were still pleasantly surprised by the quality and attractiveness of the servings. We did a 5pm reservation so could take advantage of some good happy hour prices on drinks and starters. Good way to sample several entrees in a small serving manner. All of the help was friendly and knowledgeable. All four of us loved it and will do it again, perhaps trying lunch or brunch for some different choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great Time!NinjaDiner160Dined on 7/12/2014if you're looking for an intimate quality food spot in the north PV area, look no further. The menu at Rusconi's is constantly changing to utilize seasonal ingredients and flavors. We sat next to the kitchen and got to see every dish coming out before we ordered. The staff here is always friendly and the chef/owner himself is always in house keeping an eye on the food and customers. I'd go back weekly if I could!Special Features:
- gooberDined on 7/12/2014one of the best dining experiences in the valley..fabulous food and service.Special Features:
- Consistently deliciousSteakLoverVIPDined on 7/12/2014We love this neighborhood restaurant. It had been about two months since we were there, and it did not disappoint! The food is always fantastic, the waitstaff is attentive and very friendly, and the prices are so reasonable. The menu has changed a bit, but they still have favorites. The tomato and buratta salad was excellent. We highly recommend the roasted chicken, the salmon, and the short ribs. They've also added a tasting menu that is a welcome addition. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Lunch was perfect.RayKDined on 7/10/2014A delicious lunch for a great price. Tons of flavor in the pork chibatta. Highly rec the truffle fries! Yum! The chocolate bread pudding as dessert was the topper. Foodies, don't forget dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Delicious!Sef123Dined on 7/9/2014The menu is interesting and clever, hard to decide what to go for because all of it sounds simply delicious. I actually went twice the same week just to try other items in the menu. (I was traveling on business ) the short ribs are to die for, green chili risotto, and my favorite the burrata salad with an explosive,surprising yellow tomato sorbet. Thank you for a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rusconi's is a great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/8/2014Nestled in off-the-beaten path location this delightful find, offers interesting tasty preparation variations of classic American dishes complimented by an excellent choice of wines. Outstanding service and personal greetings from the staff and chef/owner makes dining a very welcoming experience and particular favorite. -JeffreySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cares about their customersBizGalDined on 7/8/2014I love Rusconi's and drive an hour just to dine there. The food is superb! The staff is great, especially Hannah. We celebrated a birthday in style. The staff was on top of everything, yet had the right level of service to not disrupt the flow of our conversation. What surprised me was the call I received the next day. They thanked me for my business and verified we were satisfied with our experience. It was a nice gesture to show how they care for their customers. I will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Rusconi's American KitchenJayFagnanoVIPDined on 7/7/2014My go-to restaurant when I'm in Phoenix. Michael Rusconi does the extra special things that restaurants in that price range don't do. The menu is imaginative and well executed. I especially like the Pork Osso Bucco that's on the menu during the colder months. From start to finish a great place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over The Top!!!!SassyDined on 7/7/2014Rusconi's is a true gem!! Out of all the restaurants in the Phoenix metro area, this is by far our favorite. The food is fresh, flavorful, creative recipes, gourmet presentation and right-sized portions (not skimpy but not heavily ladened). Nice wine list, impeccable service and perfect atmosphere for dining and sharing conversations. First choice on the recommendation list!Special Features:
- Dynamic Dining Delights2foodfansDined on 7/3/2014Rusconi's offers food that can delight and satisfy a variety of tastes at affordable prices. From Bison sirloin to burgers, the menu offers unique variations and tastes along side classic dishes. The setting is warm and modern and the staff provide great service with a relaxed flare. The meat and cheese board and chocolate bread pudding are a must. This is one of our favorite places to dine and those who accompany us are always impressed. Even our eleven year old son loves to eat here.Special Features:
- Extremely PleasedGypsylauriDined on 7/1/2014I took a friend to celebrate her birthday and couldn't have been more pleased than I was with Rusconi's American Kitchen. Let's start with the parking - plenty available. We each ended up having two starters and then went straight to dessert. I could live on the goat cheese fondue and the chocolate bread pudding was excellent. Our waitress was energetic, informative and friendly. She was well versed in all the specials. The manager came by to check on everything and didn't charge for my guest's dessert. The following day I received a message on my answering machine thanking me for my reservation and for choosing them. It asked me to call if there was anything they could have done better. Bravo for that!Special Features:
- Great food - great timeFoodie499Dined on 7/1/2014We met friends at Rusconi's for a casual dinner. Everyone loved their food, good wine selection and right level of service! We'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great Experience at Rusconi'swinenotDined on 6/29/2014Six of us recently had dinner (again) at Ruscoini's American Kitchen last Sunday and the experience was wonderful. Food choices, service, food presentation...all were excellent. We've been there for Dinners, Sunday brunches and Lunches & all have been dependably good experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScooterDined on 6/28/2014We had dined there before & loved it so we introduced it to good friends for dinner. They are world travelers and lived in a number of countries across the world. Due to a lot of restaurants with mediocre food and high prices they don't enjoy dining out very often. We hoped they would enjoy Rusconi's......well, they loved it!!! They loved the fact that it was a smaller, intimate neighborhood restaurant frequented by the locals. They also had high reviews for the waiter and commented that the dinners were the best they had had in a long time! Needless to say, they will be repeat diners!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Addition to the NeighborhoodMAREDined on 6/28/2014One disappointing meal compared to many previous outstanding ones. The kitchen staff had an off night. Without asking, we were brought a delicious creamy artichoke soup to fill the gap in the time it took to correct some food errors. As a result only 2 of us out of 4 were able to enjoy the soup. Something complimentary should have been offered.Special Features:
- Twin2Dined on 6/27/2014We are never disappointed when dining in this terrific restaurant! Great cocktails, very nice wine list, great waiters and fabulous food! Highly recommend this restaurant. The GM that evening was Johnnie! He was very charming and funny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch experience2phillykidsDined on 6/22/2014We met a friend at Rusconi's to celebrate her birthday. We'd eaten dinner at Rusconi's many time, but this was our first brunch experience. The brunch menu is limited, but there was something for everyone. There is no buffet table, just table service, but in a way it was a far better experience. We each had a different dish and each was just wonderful. My wife and I each had savory dishes. She house the house eggs benedict and I had the special egg dish. Both were terrific. Our friend had the french toast, which we all agreed was the best we had ever eaten. Don't worry, you never go away hungry at Rusconi's. Give it a try!Special Features:
- Great timeLovephoenixfoodDined on 6/21/2014Food was outstanging. Service was great. We will be back.Special Features:
- Another 5 star experience!ChefcathDined on 6/19/2014Once again Rusconi's American Kitchen scores high on my favorite restaurant list in the valley. I requested a table with a view (of the kitchen) so we could watch the action and we received a great table with a view of the kitchen! The staff is so welcoming and accommodating but not over-bearing. Chef Rusconi, of course, was there and greeted us at our table for about 10 minutes while his eyes were still on the kitchen. I actually ordered the chicken this time and it was cooked perfectly -so succulent and juicy. We are dining there again tonight and I am already thinking of what to order!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing we didn't likedenndenzDined on 6/16/2014The four course tasting dinner with wine samples was great! My precious wife really enjoyed the salmon dish as did I. The wine parings were well done. I enjoyed the Pinot Noir. Dessert was good but not special. Staff was attentive and timely. Thank you for an enjoyable 30th wedding anniversary dinner on a Monday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grreat food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/12/2014The food here is always great-worth many repeat visits! We love it!Special Features:
- This is how they treat customers?!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/11/2014After two years of making amazing food apparently Rusconi's has gotten big enough to be picky...we've been loyal customers and told countless friends about Rusconi's...this time when we tried to make a reservation for eight people we were told they would not serve a party "that large" on weekends...ever! Forget that we are made good on a dozen reservations with them before...really disappointing customer service :)
- fantasticdavidzDined on 6/8/2014this place blew us away everything was perfect can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Outstanding!AZGirlVIPDined on 6/8/2014Cannot comment on either brunch or lunch, but every evening meal we have had there has been excellent with great service.Special Features:
- DenoDined on 6/7/2014Very friendly Welcome. Waiter was new, but was experienced. Was a bit busy when it came time to order, but wait was not long. He was enthusiastic about the menu and it carried over to the food he delivered to our table. Four people different foods, and all rated them above average, in deed five star. One of our party said, "This will be our new neighborhood place to go".Special Features:
- DisappointingLeslieVIPDined on 6/6/2014Have dined here many times and enjoyed the food and service - this was definitely an off night. Food was mediocre at best, server acted as though he was doing us a favor and it was so loud we could barely hear each other talk at a table for 4! Will give it some time and try again, hoping this was just a bad night.
- Salmon slidersgorp39Dined on 6/6/2014Had the salmon sliders for lunch last week and they were wonderful, also enjoyed the fries that came with them. The three other gals who were with me had salads (all different) and said they were very good. Nice place for lunch and on Sunday one of our group went there for brunch and said it was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rusconi's is the best!FanPCGDined on 6/6/2014Love Rusconi's! Great food, very nice ambience, and terrific service. Love this smaller and very trendy restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delic Food. Great Affordable WineOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/4/2014Wonderful! Our server, John, was so friendly and accommodating. When we had a question about a new wine on their list that he did not know the answer - he took the time to google it & give us reviews. Their wine list is outstanding! Lots of choices and prices are very fair - they don't have the insane mark-up other restaurants do, so its easy to order a bottle here and really relax and enjoy your meal. Typically we see Michael Rusconi overseeing each meal before it goes out...he wasn't there this night and it was obvious; our entrees were brought out by an over-zealous bus staff that immediately whisked away our half-eaten appetizer that we would have preferred to finish, especially since we were out celebrating a big birthday.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindMarcalDined on 6/2/2014This restaurant was recommended by a couple different people. Glad we finally tried it! The food was excellent. This will be one of our favorites.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceVisitorVIPDined on 6/2/2014We had a good dinner at Rusconi's American Kitchen. The food was very good as was the service, nothing to complain about, equally nothing stood out as an outstanding dish.
- QualityfoodloverDined on 6/2/2014The roasted chicken is delicious, I also like the Butterfly Martini. The hostess is usually rude but the owner/chef is amazing and he clearly cares about providing a great dining experience. The food is eye pleasing and fresh, and that's not always easy to find elsewhere. The menu offers something for everyone, it must because I'm the pickiest eater ever!Special Features:
- Always our fave!ILovebaconVIPDined on 5/31/2014We absolutely love Rusconis! The prosciutto wrapped figs (grown in Chefs back yard) stuffed with blue cheese was sooooo good! It was a special addition to the menu and it was so tasty! Our meals were very good and the desserts are always great too!! We went for brunch the next morning! Their brunch is amazing and there's never a long wait and is very affordable! They have such good bacon! Thick, crispy and delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rusconi's is a treasureBizGalDined on 5/31/2014Every time I go to Rusconi's, I am delighted. The food is amazing! The service excellent! This restaurant is a neighborhood gem and well worth the drive from any part of the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseLB1220Dined on 5/31/2014A friend had looked up Rusconi's online and wanted to try this restaurant. We arrived at 5:30pm and enjoyed some apps and drinks from the Happy Hour menu. The food was incredible, and the happy hour was fantastic. The caramelized pear martini was yummy!! We were greeted by several staff on our entrance and the ambience was fantastic. I highly recommend this restaurant and would absolutely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th VisitparspoonDined on 5/30/2014Rusconi's is a hidden GEM, that has great food at reasonable prices. We have tried Brunch, Lunch, Happy Hour and Dinner, all meals have been excellent. Michael Rusconi changes the menu often and usually has specials of the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.