Spring House Tavern
1032 Bethlehem Pike
Spring House, PA 19477Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Spring House Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://springhousetavern.com/
- Phone: 2156461788
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:30pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have two newly renovated private banquet rooms that can accommodate groups of 15-60 or more. For those groups who are looking for a daytime event, we are able to accommodate groups of up to 125 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Kathy Burns 2156463056
- Entertainment: All sumer long we feature entertainment on our outdoor terrace from 7:00-10:00.
Featuring the favorites from the 60's on up!
A word from Spring House Tavern
Welcome to Spring House Tavern! Where the famous crab cakes are made...AND so much more! Come in for a great dining experience. Offering light fare, wonderful appetizers, salads, dinner; we have a 16 draft beer system in our beautiful new bistro bar!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Spring House Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)great for outdoor dining (22)special occasion (18)good for groups (17)great for lunch (16)fit for foodies (9)great for brunch (8)romantic (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Grateful for a Good ThanksgivingCares4QualityDined on 11/28/2013Unpretentious Old Fashioned Restaurant/ Tavern Atmosphere; Good, Hearty Food; Extensive Beer, Wine And Spirits Selection. Thanksgiving may not be the best day to try a new restaurant, but the Springhouse Tavern passed with flying colors. You could tell they had a long history of experience with holiday crowds, because everything came off without a hitch and barely a delay. Our waitress was animated and chatty, with a pleasantly friendly manner straight from your favorite local diner. Dinner was good -- scallops fresh and well prepared, turkey a bit dry but with tasty, moist stuffing and fresh green beans. Desert - rice pudding and pecan pie - was great. This was our first time. We’ll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksgivingKmd2Dined on 11/28/2013Went for thanksgiving, food was wonderful, reasonable price for kids meals. Only complaint it he web site indicated that you could also order off the regular menu, and you could not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All I can say is wonderful!!!CourtDined on 11/27/2013All I can say is wonderful!!! Best crab cake ever!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crabby delightMuggsyDined on 11/26/2013We had the small crab cake plate and it was plenty of food....the crab cakes are exceptional. Great salad, great sides, too. Waitress was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been a whileValuemanager1Dined on 11/23/2013A very nice experience from ease of making on-line reservation to dessert. Mahi over arugula was outstanding. 4 of us each ordered something different and everyone pleased. Prices well in-line with quality of food and service. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, Great, Excellent!Jennyfire9Dined on 11/23/2013Good at atmosphere, Great food and excellent service!!! Can't go wrong with Spring House Tavern!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab cakes take a divepainfreeVIPDined on 11/17/2013Been here many times before. Crab cakes are just not what they used to be. They seem much smaller and just plain bland. One person had brunch there and it was decent. Overall, SHT drops to just average.
- Disappointing BrunchJosephDined on 11/10/2013Not allowed to substitute a glass of juice for coffee or tea included in $20/person cost, fruit ball basically empty at 1pm (brunch 10am-2pm), eggs benedict at buffet had an english muffin that couldn't be cut with a knife, the yoke was hardened and the chef left the empty carving table before 2pm. Can I add anything else, which would encourage you to have brunch here?
- Comedy of ErrorsBigTomDined on 11/9/2013Our dinner was spur of the moment because the OpenTable App said they had available reservations. When we got there at our reservation time we had to wait 30 minutes even though entire sections of the restaurant were empty. We finally were sat in the bar where a server spilled water on one of our party. Once we were situated and dried off the meal went pretty well - the food was delicious and the servers genuinely seemed to care to make up for the opening difficulties we suffered. My fellow diners and I will be returning; however, I would NEVER trust their Open Table listings - I would call for an "old fashioned" reservation.Special Features:
- Continued great crab cakesJimTDined on 11/8/2013Spring House Tavern is one if the best places for any form of crabs but especially crab cakes. But the scollops and several beef dishes were enjoyed by our group of 7. Everything is first class from the bread, the sides, the salads and the entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hometown favorite24diningDined on 11/1/2013Being surrounded by so many choices in our backyard.When deciding where to eat ,we just want great food and great service.Sometimes trying a new restaurant is a gamble.Never have we regretted chosing our hometown favorite.Known for delicious seafood and the best crabcakes in,town.The crab meat is fresh,prepared in several choices all of which are excellent.My husband always likes the seafood combination.With choice of fried or broiled.They have an appetizer with slice prime rib of beef with a horseradish like sauce on crostini which is to die for.I would recommend this restaurant for a relaxing grownup romantic dinner for.My husband says the beer was the coldest beer he's had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceMarkDined on 11/1/2013We used Yelp to find a decent restaurant in between our home and our friends', and were very satisfied with value for our money. The restaurant staff let us spend adequate time talking as the evening wore on, and the food was well prepared. The ambiance was exactly what we were hoping for: cozy and inviting, and we were able to hold a long conversation without ever feeling uncomfortable or rushed.Special Features:
- Sure seems like the shore.NightAlDined on 10/26/2013While it seems that every other better restaurant has its "World Famous Crabcakes", this old place can legitimately claim at least regional fame in that regard. It is in general a great place for seafood, with an excellent beer list as well, offering obscure and esoteric selections. Attentive service was appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spring House ReviewDB21Dined on 10/24/2013We had a very nice lunch here with my 2 friends, one of whom we were treating for her birthday. The food was tasty, reasonable and we enjoyed our meals. The service wasn't so great. We asked the waitress for several things, one was more water but she forgot and never brought us any. Someone else who worked there walked by our table and we asked her to please bring us some more. We would go here again, though. Maybe she was just overworked although there was only one other table of people eating at the time we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunch piclolliDined on 10/13/2013A nice relaxed brunch, not fancy but a good value. Great individually made omelettes and waffles, good salmon and lox. Shrimp was only fair but the roast beef was good. Staff could have been more attentive. But over all, a nice morning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy spot for a bite to eat.2dinersDined on 10/6/2013We opted for a leisurely meal in the Bistro Tavern. The room was energetic with a sports crowd but the high-top table gave us a quiet setting to enjoy our conversation. Our dinners were delicious and the service from the staff was friendly and efficient, especially on a busy evening.Special Features:
- Great place to eatJthumperDined on 10/5/2013Food was excellent. We ordered the small plate crab cake dinner and it was a perfect size and delicious. Highly recommend it. Large menu with a variety of choices.Special Features:
- Stick with the crab cakes.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/4/2013Crab cakes are delicious. I've had them several times and they're always good. Service was not good on our recent visit. Waitress never checked on us or refilled our drinks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday nightjimedeDined on 9/21/2013A 7.45pm reservation at the last minute was easy. The waiter was very quick to take our order and to serve our appetizers. He didn't slow down though and was literally grabbing dishes as we were still eating. There was quite a big menu, but it didnt really offer anything out of the ordinary. Everything was well cooked, I would just have liked a little more relaxed time there. There was only one other table that was occupied in our room of 10 or 11 tablesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was ok, nothing special.NickyDined on 9/7/2013Not worth the price tag. Have had better meals at a cheaper price other places. Salad looked like it was from a bag at the grocery store and filet was not the best. Never brought A1 or bread as requested.Special Features:
- The crab cakes are the bestJimTDined on 9/6/2013The crab cakes are the best in the area - also the other seafood is excellent as well. We had 6 dining with 4 crab cakes, 1 crab imperial and 1 bacon wrapped scollops. Fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night enjoying our mealGastrognomesVIPDined on 8/31/2013Great night enjoying our meal with friends while listening to soft rock outside. Food was very good as usual and our waitress was very attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a difference a server makesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2013The last time i was here it was a nightmare all because of the waiter. This time it was a great experience the waitress was great and the food was outstanding. I had the liver and it was wonderful.Special Features:
- disappointedsteveDined on 8/19/2013the service was OK, but the food mediocre and the place dull, dingy and disappointing-- in need of a uplift, even a fresh coat of paint and better lighting would brighten it up
- Exceptional mealJasmineVIPDined on 8/18/2013Although we dined with 4 others who had eaten in the restaurant before, we all had an absolutely wonderful meal, and we first timers will definitely return. The small plates are still large servings and from the crab cakes to the filet mignonette, we all loved our meals. What a find this restaurant is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent as usual.JeffDined on 8/17/2013Food was excellent as usual. Service was a little slow to get dinner out, but it seemed pretty busy on a Saturday night as expected. I think this is a great place to take the entire family for a great meal (plenty of menu variety). My wife and kids feel its more of a place for old timers (there are several that eat there). I don't care what the age of the other patrons might be. This place is great and my family and I will continue to come back here for special dinners as we continue to make it a family memory/tradition to look back on fondly down the road.Special Features:
- great Sunday nightlarryDined on 8/11/2013we had a great dinner and excellent service, place was quiet on a Sunday night, so great conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute reservationShannonVIPDined on 8/10/2013Great neighborhood find. Plenty of dining areas. We sat in the "bistro" which offered somewhat secluded tables. All of the food was excellent and very fairly priced. This will definitely be a new regular spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant outside dining, but . . .sak10Dined on 8/10/2013. . . from the Bloody Mary to the fish special to stir-fry, everything was missing a "punch" of unique flavor. It all tasted bland, missing any stand-out seasonings. Perhaps this is because the customer base seems to be age 70+. Waiter was very pleasant, but did not know the daily specials, did not know the menu, and did not know weather the SAM ADAMS SEASONAL draft beer was their Summer Brew, or Boston Lager.
- Great food, drinks and service!TinaDined on 8/10/2013Celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary here. The crab cakes were wonderful!!!..........better than the ones we had at a restaurant on the eastern shore of Maryland! Our appetizers were great too! The Georgia peach cocktail and gin & tonic we had were nicely made.......could actually taste the alcohol in them! Our waitress Kate was wonderful! She was friendly, knowledgeable about the drinks and entrees and provided great service! We'll definitely come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2013Love this restaurant. Food is great. Had a rack of lamb that was outstanding. But the dinner was a nightmare from the go. Had the worse waiter i ever had. Sat there for a long period of time before he came over. Asked the bus boy for bread.When we put our order in he brought out the soup before the app. Dinner was cold and when my husband asked why he said and i quote "I don't know i don't heat it". He should be a bus boy. It will be a while before i go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- crab cake disasterFirstTimeDinerDined on 8/3/2013Heard the crab cakes were their speciality - can't imagine their "non-specialty" items! All mayo, little crab, deep fried. Very disappointed. Went for lunch on a Saturday. Our table had the only people under 70...just saying maybe it's tasty for the over 70 crowd?
- Terrific Food AlwaysHarlowDined on 8/1/2013We love the Spring House Tavern. It's right in the neighborhood and our 'go to place when we want a great meal. Their specials are always delicious and their crab cakes are the absolute best around. I've never had a bad meal (or drink) at Spring House.Special Features:
- Service was good. Thanks Mary!highof80Dined on 7/29/2013Service was good. Thanks Mary! Crab cakes were good as usual. Variety of vegetables in the Neopolean Stack was lacking and should have requested brown rice. Restaurant is VERY quiet and can have a conversation. Free dessert for the birthday boy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- TiredBuzzerVIPDined on 7/23/2013We have come here for happy hour several times and enjoyed the bar or being on the deck. This time we ate in the dining room and what a difference, It felt like we were in an institutional dining room and one that is in need of being updated. It looked tired, the carpeting is looking threadbare and the room itself looks very dated. As for the food, there were 6 of us and for the most part it was OK. I ordered the soft shell crab special after the waiter told me they were fresh. I believe they were frozen because when you cut into them they were soggy and watery. The sauteed crab and prime rib are the best items on the menu. Not rushing back
- group freindly in the neighborhoodbibb86Dined on 7/20/2013good food reasonably priced. great for large family gatheringsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Value for the Money2dinersDined on 7/5/2013Dinner on a Friday night, in the Tavern Room, was casual and in a cozy setting. The menu offers a wide variety to please diners without being overwhelming. Bruchetta was fresh and the presentation was excellent. The Prime Rib was expertly done, delicious and a very good value. A Napoleon Stack was unique, a nice combination of vegetables and brown rice and was served with an exquisite presentation. Staff, servers and busboy were friendly, very efficient and attentive. Will be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Historical, but just okay foodlittlejDined on 6/28/2013The service was very warm and friendly, and the historical significance of the building and its story gives it charm. Our appetizers were really tasty (baked brie with accompaniments and crabmeat stacked with avocado), but standard seafood (for a seafood restaurant) fell short. Broiled grouper was overcooked and lacked seasoning, as did the fingerling potatoes and garlicky seasonal vegetables. Adding salt improved veggies/potatoes completely. The grouper did have a tasty mango sauce, but still needed salt. My dining partner's filet mignon and crabcake were good. Peanut butter bomb was previously frozen and extremely stale. Stick to the baked goods for dessert, homemade from a local lady. We will go back and order strictly appetizers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- An always go to place, comfortable,volunteerDined on 6/25/2013An always go to place, comfortable, pleasant service and family favorite food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rude waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2013we wanted to eat outside but our waitress was so rude we asked for a table inside and did have a lovely waitress Mary I think her name was. I was most disappointed that the manager who knew we were not happy with our first waitress never even apologized . I don't think any of us will go there again.