5 Riverside Ave.
Westport, CT 06880Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.arezzowestport.com/
- Phone: 2035579375
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 11:30am -3:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Joshua Santangelo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Arezzo Ristorante
Established in NYC, Highly Zagat rated.It's hard to resist Arezzo,which offersTuscan specialties in a rustic classic setting with amazing Al Fresco riverfront dining.There is an emphasis on fresh homemade array of pastas, Parpadella Short Rib Ragu,Ravioli All Aragosta, Prime Aged Steaks and Seafood.The menu projects a sophistication that has discriminating eaters truly enjoy.The Chef Vinicio Llano adheres to a simple refined concept of crafting great food with the finest Proditti D'Italia,using local ingredients paired with selection of wonderful Italian Wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Arezzo Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Westport ›
Arezzo Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (43)scenic view (40)neighborhood gem (20)special occasion (13)fit for foodies (12)romantic (12)good for groups (11)great for lunch (9)hot spot (7)notable wine list (7)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- can't wait to come back duringbrianDined on 2/22/2014can't wait to come back during summer. service was outstanding, very attentive. food was good. adding an expanded bar and brick oven. will def go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you know real Italian Food....FrankieDined on 2/14/2014Stay away. Prebreaded and frozen calamari were gross. Chicken scarpariello was like a brown gravy. Valentines day fail. Server was upset when I realized he was only left 18% gratuity. Save your money don't eat thereSpecial Features:
- Valentine'sValentineDined on 2/14/2014Great food, but the service seemed attentive yet harried. We weren't rushed, but servers seemed new. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was beyond bad.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/14/2014The service was beyond bad. Waiter didn't know what had dairy and what didn't, what they were out of and ordered an incorrect meal. We all ate at separate times. The food is good, but obviously there is a lack of communication between the kitchen and the servers to the point where it felt like we were being retaliated against. They pretty much ruined our valentines dinner.
- Valentine's 2014BusyHungryMommyDined on 2/14/2014My husband, young son and I booked an early dinner (best for toddler dining). Service was excellent, my only reason in giving 4 instead of 5 stars was that the main courses were served when my husband and son were not seated at the table. Otherwise, stellar service: wine selected for us was perfect; attentive, friendly staff; and a lovely Valentine flower brought to me upon exiting. Food was very good and prepared to our requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect and funOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2014Went for my mom's 70th birthday dinner celebration. From start to finish the meal was perfection. The staff incredibly attentive, the cocktails and wine list superb. And the food was excellent. Just amazing. I had the fresh fish of the day which was cooked to perfection with a side fish of truffle mashed potatoes and green beans. Simply divine. Appetizers we also excellent; mini meatballs and the fried calamari and zucchini mix! Dessert was behind. We had a little if everything for everyone at the table. We were there for three and a half hours and the tkme flew by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealLenoxVIPDined on 2/7/2014great meal; knowlegable and attentive service; they really care about what they are serving and are enthusiastic about thier food. delicious salmon and pasta. lovely outdoor seating right along the river.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not much flavorMoonwalkerVIPDined on 2/7/20143 of us dined here Friday evening.The portions and presentation were very good,but not much flavor.We were the only diners at 6:!5.a couple of other tables came in while we dined.Special Features:
- Couldn't have been happierOnsecalmeDined on 12/25/2013Service was very friendly but still polite and attentive. Food was exceptional. Everything cooked to a T. The night we were there I had a vegetable soup which was delightfully fresh tasting, as well as very pretty and visually appealing (which is saying something for a soup!). My partner's scallops for the main melted in her mouth. I had a steak and enjoyed it very much. This was our first time (we went on Christmas Day), but definitely won't be our last.Special Features:
- Great Xmas mealYanks3109Dined on 12/25/2013We were not disappointed. They had a full menu-and generous portions. The sea bass in parchment was outstanding. I hope the follow through on their plans to revitalize their lounge area, this will make it a must stop for me on the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Christmas dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2013We had a dinner for 6 at Christmas Eve, with 3 generations. The service was attentive, friendly and stayed ahead of us. Very thoughtful. The food was excellent although I would not recommend the Veal saltimbocca (hard, salty, a layer of cheese topping). But the steaks were extremely good, as were the fish dishes and the risotto. Decent, well priced wine list. Great view of the town from the deck, weather permitting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/1/2013We absolutely loved this restaurant! The entire dining experience was like no other we have ever experienced from the sincere welcome to the establishment, to the dessert and departure. Can't wait to return, Thank you very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First dateGlennDined on 11/29/2013Excellent service; accomplished in a real and relaxed manner. Genuine interest in the customer and the overall customer experience; a rarity in today's dining experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday get togetherOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/28/2013We came for Thanksgiving , the staff and owner made our rather large table welcome and the food was very well prepared. The service was also excellent , we would return !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Westport Dining pleasureBM116VIPDined on 10/26/2013Consistent, delicious food with attentive great service. Specials are always my first pick. Frequent regularly and bring friends to experience this great local find. Outside dining in summer is also a plusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night on the Saugatuck RiverlovegoodfoodDined on 10/5/2013Indian Summer led us to this Italian restaurant on the Riverside Ave, the outdoor terrace and the excellent wait staff along the authentic well seasoned food. We could have been in Italy and the river could have been the Arno. We will be backSpecial Features:
- These people try to give youOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2013These people try to give you a very pleasant and relaxed dinning experience with good Italian food .Special Features:
- First impressionsCons1VIPDined on 9/22/2013This was our first at the restaurant - Sunday evening so it was quite and the tide was going out so a bit of a bad smell, but the food was great. I would go back but check the tide tables if you want to eat outside as the smell can make you loose your appetiteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner. Where is everyone?JohnWVIPDined on 9/5/2013I had been to the location previously in different incarnations, but this was my first visit to Arezzo, It was dinner on. Thursday night, so I expected the restaurant to be a bit crowded: it wasn't. But it should have been. A terrific location with a patio overlooking for the river and downtown Westport, a terrific menu with some great specials, and a very attentive wait staff: this is a place that should be very popular, even in Westport. I started with a Caesar salad and ordered the Taglioni Limonati (lemon-flavored Tagliolini with zucchini & shrimp) for my main course. My dinner companion elected specials for her first and main courses, including a spectacular risotto with burrata. Our sever Orlando was outstanding. Arezzo is worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible!1wholikestoeatoutVIPDined on 8/10/2013After getting to our table, we waited 15 minutes before anyone came to take our order. He toke our food order but didn't ask if we wanted drinks? 20 minutes later, the appetizers came!! Well, My husband got his but my was not what I ordered! So another 10 minutes go by, before I got mine! After that we waited again about 20 minutes for our Main course to come! When it came my husband's salmon looked nothing like salmon. I had the grilled chicken that was ok. While we had our dinner we asked for a check and then had to ask again! The service is terrible! The food is far from good! We will never go back there! It is too bad because with the right chef and better service this outdoor dinning could be a good spot!
- This restaurant was nice butkimmyDined on 8/10/2013This restaurant was nice but pricey. Food was good but 3 of us ordered the $35 filet mignon dinner and we each wanted it cooked differently from medium rare to medium to medium well. we asked the waiter how they would be able to tell the dishes apart and was told the chef would identify them. But don't you know my steak was well done when it should have been the medium one! Our steaks were mixed up.Figures...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was great the owner camedennisfDined on 8/3/2013food was great the owner came over to table , he was very nice the only complaint we had was our waiter never visited the table we hAD TO ASK FOR A SECOND DRINK AND ALSO THE CHECK 2 TIMESSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambianceDawnDined on 8/2/2013We had a wonderful time, the food was outstanding. We also loved the specialty cocktails and limoncello. Reserve a table outside for an unforgettable evening along the Saugatuck River- truly a special spot. Everything on the menu is made with care and prepared with love, you won' t be disappointed. The service can be a little slow, but when you have such a great view- what's the hurry?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice dinner locatonOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2013Friendly staff, good food that is served without sitting in the kitchen too long, great view, nice wine list that is not overpriced. Generally, a nice dinner locationSpecial Features:
- Great menu, great food, andTeddyVIPDined on 7/21/2013Great menu, great food, and comfortable, pleasant outdoor dining on a terrace along the waterfront.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find in Southern CTLugoGonzoVIPDined on 7/19/2013What an awesome place for an evening out! Incredible food...wonderful staff...great restaurant! Can't recommend it enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food on the RiverMichaelCVIPDined on 7/6/2013Overlooking the Saugatuck River we came to Arezzo for its wide range of appetizers and salads due to the low 90s temps. The scallop salad was a delight along with Beet and Goat cheese salad. Rita and the serving staff were excellent and kept our water glasses filled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, people, service...OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/22/2013We waited about 15 minutes for our reservation, but it was handled well with bar service and pleasant waiting space. Very nice people working here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bon AppetitLeftyVIPDined on 6/22/2013Wonderful restaurant in every way. Great food, great service, friendly wait staff, caring owner and maitre d'Special Features:
- We enjoyed our first timeOpTabVIPVIPDined on 5/24/2013We enjoyed our first time in Westport at this fine restaurant. So glad that Open Table had good options in this small town
- Go for the view, not for the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/21/2013There's better Italian food to be had elsewhere in Westport, but there aren't many places you can eat outdoors on a nice patio with a view of the water. The food is good enough, if what you're looking for is a nice outdoor dining experience. I wouldn't go in bad weather, however!Special Features:
- Wonderful Celebration for our Grad.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/18/2013We are from out of town and needed a restaurant that could take a 9-person reservation, with elderly grand parents at an early (6:15) dining hour. The table was waiting for us and away from too much noise or commotion. The food choices were perfect, appealing and different. Not too many places prepare oxtail and the oxtail ragu pasta was a hit! The waiter took his time to explain the vairous dishes and double checked my husband's drink order, which required a specific type of burbon. The food came out in a timely manner and everyone enjoyed their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right place, wrong nightOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/12/2013Our family of four celebrated Mother's Day here Sunday evening. The restaurant was crowded and the wait staff had a little trouble keeping up with the demands of the diners. Food was terrific, chef actually suggested changing an order because he was unhappy with the quality of one of the fish dishes (very unusual and refreshing honesty). Definitely one of the best restaurants in town. I prefer a less harried wait staff. Probably a five on any other night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MixedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2013Food was just OK and price tag was steep, so overall not worth it. They have a nice patio though for outdoor dining right on the Saugatuck river.Special Features:
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013Service was not great, but it was mother's day weekend, and they were very busy, so restaurant should not be judged on that basis, as it was our first visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tops in My BookLugoGonzoVIPDined on 5/10/2013What can I say? This has become one of, if not my favorite restaurants. I always look forward to our dinners at Arezzo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meet your friends and watch riverAnaloglifeVIPDined on 5/4/2013Greeted warmly, led promptly to table, plenty of wait staff attention, owner(s) feel like old friends - just a great evening. Looking forward to warmer weather when the deck over the river will be open again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A DisappointmentCTfoodieVIPDined on 5/4/2013When we arrived for our reservation, the hostess excitedly told us that she had a terrific table waiting for us. It was in the overly air conditioned, isolated bar with a television airing a sports game. No thanks. When we refused to even wait in the bar and have a drink, a table miraculously opened up, which convinced me that the "no available table" (despite our reservation) was a ploy to drive up our bar bill. In an Italian restaurant, you would hope the bread would be great. Not. The waitress was unfamiliar with the wine list, so she said she'd talk to the owner. He couldn't be bothered to come over, but did recommend an $80 bottle. The salad was OK, the appetizer unexciting and our entres were fine. We won't be back.
- SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/4/2013Second time we were surprised to see a genuine difference. The calamari was very fresh. The pasta was prepared to order and served aldente. Veal passed the cut with a fork test. We will go back.Special Features:
- We went there on a nice ThursdayArun118tDined on 5/2/2013We went there on a nice Thursday evening. We ordered Halibut and salmon and both dishes were very good. Our waiter, Raj was there to please. He was new under training , GChianti we orderedreat guy>. the sad part was that we were the only people enjoying this dinner, very surprising for a nice Thursday evening. We will visit them again. I was not too excited about theSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.