121 Kirkland Ave
Kirkland, WA 98033Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://volterrakirkland.com/
- Phone: 4252027201x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thurs 11:30am - 10pm
Fri and Sat 11:30am - 11pm
Sunday 11:30am - 9pm
Daily from Noon-6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Northwest
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We would love to assist you with catering for your offsite event. Please contact us and ask for Michelle for detailed information.
A word from Volterra Kirkland
Volterra features the bold-flavored, Tuscan-inspired menu of Chef Don Curtiss showcasing his innovative style applied to the bountiful harvest of the Pacific Northwest. Menu highlights include: Seasonal Tuscan specialties –truffles, squash blossoms, fresh porcini mushrooms are featured throughout the year. All natural, organic or free-range meats and poultry. Fresh, housemade pasta. Our extensive wine list features primarily Italian and Northwest wines. Volterra has received numerous accolades including: "Best New Restaurant" and "Best Italian Restaurant" by Seattle Magazine. "Best Italian Restaurant" by Seattle Citysearch, and "Best Chef Inspired Restaurant" by Seattle Metropolitan Magazine, Zagat "America's Top Restaurant's" and "America's Top Italian Restaurants". Rachael Ray named Volterra "one of her favorite restaurants on the planet".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Volterra Kirkland - Best Restaurants in Kirkland ›
Volterra Kirkland reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (63)neighborhood gem (52)special occasion (45)romantic (29)notable wine list (26)great for lunch (17)good for groups (11)great for brunch (9)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Fabulous food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2014My husband and I went for Seattle restaurant week. The food was great, portion sizes more than enough, and service was solid. When I told the server I wanted a drink that was well crafted but not overly sweet, he nailed it. Courses were timed perfectly and even though it was a busy Sunday evening we never felt rushed or hurried. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very tasty. We hadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014Food was very tasty. We had only an hour for lunch and the staff was very helpful in making sure we got out on time.
- Started out okOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/9/2014Enjoyed appetizers, salads and beverages, but service lagged, pasta was boring, desserts an utter fail. The slow service and uncomfortable seats were the capper, we would not return.
- Consistent, Courteous & DeliciousglenDined on 4/9/2014Volterra is my Favorite Kirkland Restaurant. We found it by chance on the Seattle Restaurant Week last year. We were thrilled then and were thrilled again this year on Dine Around Seattle Week....enough so that we have been back three times in the last month and a half. The food is always served hot, great tasting and gorgeous to look at not to mention the portions are perfect. I appreciate their use of healthy greens lightly sauteed, their polenta, lamb osso- buco was wonderful & the prawns were done to perfection. The desserts are ample portions. The Hazelnut Chocolate Torte...a taste of Europe. We will return often. The service was excellent. Helpful and considerate when we had to cut our lunch time short. Five stars from us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Four of us went for lunchlove2eatDined on 4/9/2014Four of us went for lunch during Seattle Restaurant week and had a delicious three course meal. Service was great and we didn't feel rushed. I had the lamb oso bucco with polenta and the meat was so tender it almost fell off the bone. I would definitely order it again. We also ordered the tiramisu for dessert - not too rich or heavy, with great flavor - loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, excellent varietyAkrandyDined on 4/9/2014Very nice seating area, but could get loud if full. The Arugula salad was excellent, just enough dressing to not overpower it. The Lamb Oso Bucco was fantastic, and the wilted kale & vegetables were cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Service and Foodrlmead123Dined on 4/5/2014The waiter was awesome and very helpful. The food was awesome. My steak made my mouth water and very very tender. My wife's Risotto was also top shelf. Everything about the experience was awesome. We will definitely dine there again.Special Features:
- Another Wonderful DinnerNed47Dined on 4/4/2014Volterra is a find-- nice mixture of 'old favorites' and 'neat new ideas' on the menu; approachable size; full of positive energy; and a good value. We like both locations, but as we live in Bellevue, the Kirkland location is a great convenience, especially if I fail to plan ahead (oops!). I had the seafood special on Friday evening -- grilled Sea Scallops -- and my wife had an 'old favorite' (lamb with wide noodles). Two nice salads (the golden beets were especially nice), a glass of house wine, and (for her) a special treat for dessert. I requested a small change to the standard preparation, and it was flawlessly handled. First class service; free parking in the Library parking garage one block away. Wow- what's not to like!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceCharleyDined on 4/3/2014In a time where service often is secondary, from the moment we walked in the greeter was focused on us! The bartender was right there to get us started, and the staff was very attentive through our whole experience. Nice to be able to go to a restaurant , and feel that service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014I love the ambiance of Volterra and the food was awesome! I was disappointed in the service a bit. The server was either not very knowlegeable about the menu or didn't want to be there. It felt very much like we were an inconvenience to him -- which is a disappointing feeling. However, the food was awesome, the busser was always refilling our water glasses, and therefore I will not base my judgment of the restaurant on this one server. I will definitely come back and give the service a second chance!
- Great foodTinaDined on 3/26/2014The lamb is to die for, so are the prawns. Love the atmosphere. Very classy. The place is small though and reservations are hard to get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerKonaDined on 3/25/2014My husband and i had our anniversary dinner at Volterra and we were not disappointed. The wild boar and osso bucco were excellent. Everything was top notch. The wait staff was great. The only thing that I would complain about is that I think the tables are a bit too close together. Women on both my left and right side, put their purse and jackets on the seat bench towards me and I felt uncomfortable asking them if they could move there things because I literally almost had to sit on them to sit at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good PotentialUWDad2013Dined on 3/24/2014The food was generally good but not without some minor shortcomings. The Osso Bucco was well prepared for one guest and a bit fatty and gristled for another. All other dishes and desserts were well received. The service was well intentioned but a little unpolished.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food and Service!damandoliDined on 3/23/2014The quality of food was remarkable! We took advantage of the $30 Dine Around Seattle Deal! They went all out for us! Thank you!!Special Features:
- Great lunch!SassyDinerDined on 3/21/2014My friend and I go to lunch each month and selected Volterra for the Dine Around Seattle three course meal. I'd been to Volterra for dinner and it's a bit expensive for me and I go there for special occasions. The lunch deal was fantastic! We did order wine that cost about the same as our $15 lunch but it was worth it. This was the best lunch we've had in a long time! The Tiramisu was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing boar!GrapefruitNegroniDined on 3/20/2014I made last minute reservations and took visiting family around 730 on a Thursday. The restaurant was quite busy and our group size meant we had a little wait. However, we didn't mind, the staff was very friendly and even gave us a free appetizer! The food was amazing! I got the wild boar tenderloin and it was so delicious; cooked perfectly and the sauce went really well with everything. I really enjoyed the cocktail I got at the bar and my father's favorite local beer was on tap. With the desert I had some questions about some dietary concerns and our easier was very helpful in finding the answers. Overall I loved the whole experience and will be back soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good for large groups.TripleADined on 3/20/2014Not good for large groups. The ambiance would be a lot better if they didn't try to seat so many people at the same time. Our food took over 45 mins to be served--on a weekday. Not a good place for kids, given the length of time it takes to serve food. Although, it was worth the wait.Special Features:
- Excellent MealcycleguyDined on 3/20/2014Did the dine Seattle for lunch and the food was exceptional. Lamb Osso Bucco was delish. And the chocolate torte, which I took home for later, was amazing. I have eaten at Volterra's a number of times and there is some variability. this was the best yet and at $15 for three courses, a bargain.Special Features:
- Delicious lunchNikkiDined on 3/20/2014This was my second time to Volterra. This time I brought my parents who can be picky about restaurants. They both left having enjoyed their meal and the overall experience. Our waiter was very friendly and attentive to our needs. The food was delicious. In fact, my mother couldn't stop talking about the cauliflower appetizer. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad I tried it outSForsbergDined on 3/19/2014It had some major ups and some major downs, but I'm glad I tried it out. The lamb with polenta and the oil soup were to die for. I would drive all the way back up to Kirkland for those things. For the price and quality of food, I would expect toilet seat covers, more space between the tables, and a better cocktail menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious lunch on March 19thOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/19/2014The food was delicious, the waitress was very professional. I really appreciated that she only came to our table when necessary (to order, pour water, bring out food....).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Volterra, Kirklandloveofdining2Dined on 3/19/2014This is one of my favorite Kirkland restaurants. The food and service are always top notch. Easy, free close parking and close to my favorite art gallery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining for lunchSchwabbie186Dined on 3/13/2014A nice selection of lunch choices. I had the grilled prawn salad, the grilled cauliflower appetizer, and tarimisu desert. My friend had the Osso Buco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EatsMG82Dined on 3/11/2014Went during Dine Around Seattle with an out of town guest. Seated at a nice table for 2 but close to others. Service excellent but the two guys seemed shy but I was friendly and drew them out. Served water right away and ordered the tropical black tea which was tasty. Chose the roasted cauliflower in a cream sauce, wild boar with Gorgonzola mustard sauce and fingerling potatoes, and the tiramisu. Guest had the lamb osso bucco and goat cheese cheesecake. We both really enjoyed the distinct flavors in all the dishes. So delicious! Seems the chefs prepared the dishes and sauces with great care and attention. Food was presented nicely on the plates. I want to go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for lunch of dinnerFrequentDinerVIPDined on 3/11/2014Great for dining with new or old friends or family. Food and service are both top notch. However be aware of close vicinity to the next table in conversational content.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Volterra KirklandKrisVIPDined on 3/10/2014The food and service was good. I will be back here again.Special Features:
- Dine here, not SeattleNikkiDined on 3/10/2014My friend and I recently took part in Dine Around Seattle, and chose to have lunch at Volterra. Neither of us had eaten there, but the menu sounded good. We weren't disappointed. Every course was delicious. The pasta portion size was large, and could have been split by two people. The chocolate hazelnut torte was fantastic! Both of us walked away stuffed, and we even had half our dessert to take home for later. I will definitely be going back to Volterra!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They do not skimpsunbeam08Dined on 3/9/2014We were here for Dine Around Seattle, and boy do they not skimp on the food. Everything was wonderful, from food to service. I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Back in our good gracesDrKoobVIPDined on 3/8/2014When Volterra first opened on the Eastside we were ecstatic. One of our favorite west side places within a short driving distance. We went four times in four months. Each time we went, the food declined in quality. The last time were there it was bland and boring. The appetizer far exceeded the entrée quality. Sad. We haven't been back in more than a year. A friend gave us a gift card and we went again on Saturday. The food was back to its westside quality. Our salad and both entrees were excellent and service by Joe in the bar was outstanding. We will go back again. Maybe even take friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & Service great, but cramedTonyDined on 3/7/2014A little more space between tables and this would have been 4 or 5 stars across.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food, good luck aquiring itOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/6/2014We had the wild boar tenderloin and the lamb osso bucco. Both dishes were excellent as were the desserts. However, the service is very poor. We arrived on time for our reservation, were barely greeted by the hostesses who seated several other people who came in after us before finally seating us at the loudest table next to kitchen 20 minutes later. Once seated it took 10 minutes to get cocktails, 20 minutes to get bread, and another 20 minutes to get dinner(plus arguing with the waiter in order to get the meat cooked the way I wanted!). There was plenty of staff, they were just that bad! I would recommend this place only for lunch when I have had excellent service. Both times I have been here for dinner, the service has been apalling.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood gem.BeebmanDined on 3/6/2014The food was good as always! Our wait staff was outstanding and friendly. Just a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Consistenly goodCold1VIPDined on 3/6/2014We went to Volterra for the 3 for $30 Seattle Dine Around and were not disappointed--they slayed it! The dishes were all regular size rather than a trimmed down version, so the value was terrific. I had a succulent Wild Boar and my wife had a falling-off-the-bone Lamb Osso Bucco. Our server was energetic, attentive and knowledgeable. The food brought out some wonderful flavors in a nice bottle of Antinori Guado al Tasso Il Bruciato-- Great job, Chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A top spot in downtown KirklandOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/6/2014A great spot! Good food and great service (ask to sit in Steven's section). Good gluten free options. A busy spot so be sure to make reservations.Special Features:
- Favorite Dining in KirklandOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/5/2014We love this place! The food is always exceptional, the service outstanding and just a great dining experience. There are many items on the menu I'd recommend, but one of my favorites is the Wild Boar!! We will return and have highly recommended this place on several occasions. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine Around for lunchLLoveDined on 3/5/2014Took advantage of 2014's Dine Around Seattle for a 2:30pm lunch on a Wednesday. The place was basically empty except a few folks in the bar. Had a nice table looking outside to the street. There was one server who was doubling as bar-tender so service was perfectly acceptable but a bit spotty. The food was outstanding. Roasted cauliflower in a decadent sauce for appetizer and Osso Bucco as entree. The Osso Bucco was incredibly rich and complex and multi-layered. Also generous portion. Took about half home. Lemon tart for desert - fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for a quiet dinnerShaliniVIPDined on 3/4/2014Food is good and restaurant was not too noisy which we like when we want to talk and enjoy each other's company. Great pasta menu - the crab ravioli was tasty.Special Features:
- relaxing and delicious dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/28/2014We had a delicious and relaxing dinner served who provided just the right amount of service (not too attentive but there when needed). We'll return.Special Features:
- Love having Volterra on theEastsidejkidVIPDined on 2/25/2014Although I don't mind driving to Seattle, having a Volterra on the Eastside of Seattle is a big win. My friend and I dropped in for dinner the other night and had a great time. Really enjoyed the seasonal menu items, loved the hog jowl/mushroom/white truffle house-made pasta and the wine list was great. Had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went for our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/23/2014We went for our anniversary and brought our kids, 8 & 10 years old, with us. While the menu does not include very much that is appealing to kids, the staff was wonderful. Our daughter ordered the linguine with white clam sauce. It has dried red pepper flakes and was more spicy than she could handle. Not a problem. Our waiter quickly identified that there was an issue and offered to have a more traditional pasta with marinara sauce prepared for her. It showed up very quickly and we had a wonderful evening. The rest of us enjoyed our meals, though my husband's dish - a pasta with pork sauce special - was also very spicy to the point of over powering the flavor of the pork. Wine selection is excellent and desserts are tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.