The Capital Grille - Garden City
630 Old Country Road
Garden City, NY 11530Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Garden City
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 5167461675x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Emily Spinazola
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Garden City
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles… awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Capital Grille - Garden City - Best Restaurants in Garden City ›
The Capital Grille - Garden City reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (127)notable wine list (96)good for groups (70)fit for foodies (65)romantic (58)neighborhood gem (36)great for lunch (31)vibrant bar scene (26)hot spot (25)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Pleased once againTMClongislandDined on 5/11/2014I've been here several times and Im never disappointed. The wait staff is wonderful and the good is great. I took My Mother out for Mother's Day and she enjoyed it.Special Features:
- excellentGottaEatgoodDined on 5/11/2014I had a great dining experience at The Capital Grille. We attended a Mothers Day brunch and the level of customer service was top notch as they went out of there way to make us feel special. The food was first class, kudos to the chef for his creativity. The atmosphere was energetic and the noise level was perfect. I will definitely be returning to dine again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2014 Mother's Day BrunchKendu377Dined on 5/11/2014This is the 2nd time we enjoyed Mother's Day brunch at this fine establishment. If that doesn't speak volumes about our experience nothing will!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid and always goodLalloVIPDined on 5/11/2014This is a great chain. I came to this restaurant several times and I always had good experience. Excellent food and service. A little pricey perhaps, but not even that much for NYC. Definitely worth to try. You will not be disappointed.
- The BestRMBivoneDined on 5/10/2014You will not find a better place to eat. The service and food are FIVE STAR !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!Nimo1910Dined on 5/3/2014It was my husband birthday and everything was special!!! Service and fools were excellent. The lobster Mac and cheese and the delmonico was superb. Will be going back ASAP!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceDine4lifeDined on 5/3/2014Took my husband for his birthday, the table was decorated along with a hand written birthday card. We brought our 22 month old daughter and they were beyond accomadating. Food was good although for some reason I always find the food better at the out if state locations like Texas and Florida. Overall great experience and will definitely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable EveningcitygirlVIPDined on 5/2/2014We went there to celebrate Mother's day early as well as celebrate my parents 45th wedding anniversary. Our server really made our evening such a night to remember for the parents, and grandkids as well. Would definitely recommend going there and would love to return. If you have a special occasion, think about celebrating at Capital Grille in Garden City.Special Features:
- Never fails to impresselevDined on 5/1/2014Since consistency defines a good restaurant, Capital Grill should be the definition of good restaurant. The two of us had a fillet and a porterhouse as we usually do and every time we come here we walk away thinking this was the best yet! Top it off with asparagus and mushrooms and you'll be looking to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekday Celebrations not GreatRobinVIPDined on 4/29/2014Definitely was lacking ... Think it was because we were celebrating my birthday on its actual day which fell during the week. Food was off, Ambiance blah. Not a fabulous night!Special Features:
- Just what we were looking for!viv317Dined on 4/27/2014We tried out The Capital Grille because we were thinking of having a small private party there. Everything was top notch from beginning to end! We loved our appetizers, entrees and desserts. The staff could not do enough for us and we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Comparing to Capital Grille on 42ndMRCLDined on 4/26/2014My opinion - save your money and go to the one on 42nd street in NYC. Menu is exactly the same. But everything from the clam chowder, to the salad, to the sliced filet was not as flavorful as the NYC location. It was not bad, but it was not excellent. Just an overall good. If you go to the NYC location, get the calamari appetizer, they are incredible. I didn't have that at the garden city location, so I can't say whether it's good there or not. Being it is the same menu, I would have expected the same food, but definitely a step or two below NYC location. Place is beautiful, service is excellent as expected when paying these prices. Will not return to Garden City location.Special Features:
- Great FoodRobinVIPDined on 4/26/2014Food was delicious, wines were very good and service was perfect.Special Features:
- Husband's BirthdaystylishpDined on 4/25/2014The service was outstanding.... He really enjoyed his birthdaySpecial Features:
- Dad's 75th birthdayMaisonworksDined on 4/25/2014Everything was pretty excellent, amazing service and food! Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointededjoDined on 4/20/2014We are senior citizens, live nearby Roosevelt Field and are regular patrons of Long Island Steakhouses. Having tried many from Lugar's to Bryant to Franks, I must say that the Porterhouse left much to be desired. Lacked rich flavor and tenderness---certainly not worthy of its cost. The shrimp cocktail was very good, while the Onion Soup was better than average. Disappointing was the Bread Basket and the sides. Fries were OK but the creamed spinach was cold and a blob. Coffee was very good.Special Features:
- OverdoneRetrainDined on 4/20/2014The steaks were all overdone, vegtables poor. Because of the Holiday I could understand the long wait for dinner, I will be going back to Ruth Chris Retraining is needed here.Special Features:
- JBellVIPDined on 4/20/2014Always a great time at capital grille. I love the food here and the service is outstanding. I always order the ribeye steak and it is cooked to perfection. This is fast becoming my favorite steakhouse.Special Features:
- Easter DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014Just returned from a week in Aruba and wanted to get together with the family for Easter. Made reservations for the ten of us to go to the Capital Grille. We were seated in the Roosevelt room and thought we had the place to ourselves. The service was great and the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Chef Emily CongratulationshunnewellVIPDined on 4/20/2014Once again I commend your food; I decided not to cook for a change for Easter dinner and was pleasantly surprised with the menu, service and overall dining experience. What a gift not having to cook, clean and entertain. Thank you for giving me such a gift on this most precious day.Special Features:
- SolidBigChrisVIPDined on 4/19/2014Had dinner here Saturday night. Was pleasantly surprised to find availability for 4 with relatively short notice. We arrived 10 minutes late and were asked to go to the bar which we did but when we were escorted to our table 15 minutes later it appeared there was plenty of space for us. Hopefully they weren't just looking to drum up bar business but it certainly seemed that way. We skipped apps and ordered 2 porterhouses and 2 stuffed lobsters for the 4 of us. The steak was slightly overcooked but still very good and the lobster was great. The corn was tasty, the mashed potatoes were good, and we all liked the asparagus. The drinks were good but Lisa was absent when we were ready for another round. She was mostly attentive and very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cooked to perfection!Linda421Dined on 4/19/2014We ordered the Grand Plateau which was a healthy display of shellfish, and also had the calamari which was cooked to perfection. The caesar salad was served cold with crisp salad and the dressing was delicious. We ordered the filet mignons, and the filet oscar was served with a crab cake topping. All servings were prepared as ordered and cooked to perfection! A trip to Capital Grille is always an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- ScrumptiousRedmenaceDined on 4/19/2014Annual dining experience, as it is a little pricey, had the Beef Tenderloins with Butter poached lobster tail, OMG, decedent yes but oh so yummy!!! This is a class act all the way, friendly attentive staff, pleasant but not overly stuffy atmosphere. The potatoes Au Gratin is high calories but worth the splurge! Settle down, relax and enjoy the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WAY OVER PRICED AND NOISYquarterbackDined on 4/8/2014Food was adequate but nothing I could have gotten at halve the cost in many other restaurants. Mixed drinks are also 50% overpriced. Over attentive attention by numerous employees was actually annoying. Waitress spent many minutes talking with friends or customers at an adjacent table much to our annoyance.---Just do your job! The background noise was annoying and sounded like we were in a local diner. Whatever happened to the melodic background music or wandering musicians that used to be standard in quality restaurants.
- Aside from the food, serviceSirLunchalotVIPDined on 4/6/2014Aside from the food, service & ambience, both Managers David & Sara are true professionals & friends. My wife & I are regulars since your opening and have been embraced from day one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationKathyDined on 4/5/2014We had a wonderful evening at Capital Grill. The steaks were perfectly cooked. Our server, Rachel, was one of the best we've ever met. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th anniversaryJerryDined on 4/4/2014Asked for rose pedals and 2 roses to be placed on the table and to have a bottle of champagne chilled at the table. All was perfect. Thank you DavidSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We keep coming backRobinVIPDined on 3/29/2014Capital Grille continues to surprise me! We go to Capital grille at least twice a month. The food is always frets, prepared to order and served by professionals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sit back and enjoy fine diningManiladinerDined on 3/25/2014Great Steak House! The food is really delicious and the ambiance is nice. Wait staff is great and very attentive but can sometimes seem like they are trying to push you out the door. It's good that they ask if you're on a leisure dining or in a rush, but still feels like everything is being rushed. Doesn't give you enough time to study the menu. Capital Grille is my favorite Steak House, and if i go there, I make sure I'll be dining and do not expect to have fast food service.Special Features:
- Dads 81stLeslieshelpersnyDined on 3/23/2014Nothing better than to have 18 family members sitting in one room enjoying each other's company! The food was outstanding as always. KUMAR, our waiter was polite and very hands on!! He was extremely accommodating!! Next year, same time, same place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all aroundAllislandfoodie39Dined on 3/21/2014Everything here was amazing. From when wee walked in, until we received a personal note from the chef with our take home. Service was spot on. Water was always filled, our waiter could not have been more attentive. My wife had only been to the one in DC and said this definitely was far better. If there was one complaint, I would say better signage to find it. It is located in the Roosevelt field mall, so be sure to look for the enterance. Atmosphere was great, cocktails, excellent and the food was phenomenal. Nice touch with the waiters handing out their card.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Service was ExcellentCustomer4lifeDined on 3/21/2014Our server went out her way to my mother feel special for her birthday. She was extremely attentive and showed her willingness to make herself available for our table. It's hard to make an impression with my mother and she was definitely impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The capital grille is oneMacincheeVIPDined on 3/19/2014The capital grille is one of my favorite places to go and get a steak. It was my birthday and they had the table set up with confetti so I felt very special. Our waitress Rachel was accommodating and helpful. She let us know what was good to order, what her favorite dishes are and what is the most popular. I would recommend this restauarant to anyone who is in the mood for a DELICIOUS meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As alwaysRangersDined on 3/16/2014Love coming here. Not only for occasions but for dinner in general sometimes. Always above par service, great drinks, amazing food, and a nice spread out meal.Special Features:
- We went for a birthday celebration.ERJRDined on 3/15/2014We went for a birthday celebration. The table was decorated for us, cards were on the table and a lovely birthday dessert plate was presented. The filet mignon was tender, tasty and juicy. The service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious birthday dinnerSabrinaDined on 3/15/2014We were taken on time for our reservation and later mentioned it was my birthday. We were given a taste of butternut squash soup while waiting for our main dish (yum) and the cheesecake with berries was absolutely to die for. Everything was cooked perfectly and there were options for me (a gestational diabetic) without feeling completely deprived so that I could enjoy the cheesecake for dessert..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille - Great Service/FoodFelicia9921VIPDined on 3/15/2014Visited Capital Grille in Garden City. I was a bit dissapointed with the parking situation there. Most of the close spots were reversed for Valet - and looking at how the valet parked cars I was not about to hand my keys over to them. So I had to park about .4 mile away. Once inside the service and food was excellent as it is in other Capital Grille's. Dress code not enforced at this one. I assume because it is attached to the Roosevelt Field Mall. I think I would visit the Capital Grille in NYC insted but if you do not want to travel into NYC it has same service and food just atmosphere and parking will annoy you a bit.
- Amazing!!SdpenaDined on 3/11/2014The Capital Grille was superb!! Everything was amazing, from the moment we enter the service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable birthday celebrationAthanDined on 3/9/2014From the moment we valet parked our car to the moment we were seated was less than 5 minutes. We were treated with the outmost professional and courteous staff from the hostess to our waiter Kumar which I would definetly request. His knowledge of the whole menu the specials and their wines was very welcome. I can probably ramble about the service the food the wines but I'm sure I'll run out of space and time. Bottom line ....... Excellent Excellent Excellent.Did I mention that the food was awesome. Thank you for a dinning experience that we will remember for a long time to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!KevKreis87Dined on 3/8/2014Great food, exceptional service! It's a pricey meal, but worth every penny!Special Features: