The Capital Grille - Garden City
630 Old Country Road
Garden City, NY 11530Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Garden City
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 5167461675x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Emily Spinazola
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Garden City
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles… awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Capital Grille - Garden City - Best Restaurants in Garden City ›
The Capital Grille - Garden City reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (125)notable wine list (93)good for groups (75)fit for foodies (70)romantic (61)neighborhood gem (40)hot spot (30)great for lunch (30)vibrant bar scene (27)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- VicnValDined on 8/21/2014Went for a spur of the moment celebration and they did a fab job making it special. Food was outstanding. From appetizer to dessert we were totally satisfied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excelent food and servicesteakVIPDined on 8/21/2014would definitly recomend and retyurn soon. friendly atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great birthday celebrationcitygirlVIPDined on 8/21/2014Capital Grille really does an outstanding job at making your birthday or anniversary celebrations special and their service is superb. We love going to this location for our special events in our family.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceJohnDined on 8/21/2014This place never disappoints. No matter what you order everything comes out exactly as it should-- full of flavor and delivered right on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!!foodie318Dined on 8/21/2014This restaurant has made the top 3 on my list. We started our night with a spectacular server Lisa Clark. She was very knowledgeable about the wines and was very attentive to the table. The appetizer's were a delight to have the Lobster and Crab cakes were amazing and the pan fried calamari was cooked to perfection. There daily soup was a lobster bisque made to order. It had a great flavor and a generous amount of lobster in the soup. For the main coarse we had the Tuna it was seared to perfection and the choice of there 3 dipping sauces were a perfect pairing. The desserts were a great finish to a great meal. We will definitely be returning again to enjoy the service and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happyDined on 8/20/2014Wonderful service, personal attention makes you feel special. Food delicious and nicely presented and served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasureableNickDined on 8/19/2014Picked this place to celebrate our 36th anniversary. Glad we did. They had our reservations, the staff was very friendly, we were promptly seated in a very nice booth. They were kind enough to have an anniversary card waiting at the table. The waiter and staff were very attentive and the steaks we ordered was worth the price they charge. Would recommend it to others.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT ALL AROUND!!Hcgolf4funVIPDined on 8/18/2014The service,food,staff and management were all excellent. Very accommodating. This restaurant is my favorite steakhouse. We have been to other notable steakhouses in Long Island and in the city and still this tops them all with the outstanding service and excellent food. It is not also excellent in steaks but everything else. I have had seafood and lamb chops as well and they were excellent quality cuts. Need to try this restaurant if you haven't done so.Special Features:
- Generous Pour? Not with OUR server!MassRoadWarriorVIPDined on 8/17/2014In the past, we have participated in the Generous Pour promo and it has proved to be a very enjoyable evening. On this occasion, my brother-in-law was taking my wife out for her birthday and we were excited that this promo was still going on. However, we were VERY disappointed with our server. He immediately informed us that this was a "pairing event" and it became clear that he wanted to control the wines. He poured us the first 2 whites and we were nearly done with our appetizers when he disappeared. As the steaks were being served, he poured the Pinot Noir and again was MIA. Finally, he showed up with the cab and meritage as we were finishing our dinners. Other tables had multiple varietals to sample concurrently. But not us!
- Birthday celebration.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014We celebrated my husband birthday. The stuff made him feel very special,the food was great and the service was amazing. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!nickycuzDined on 8/16/2014I got what I expected excellent food and service. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who asks. The coconut cream pie at the end was great and teh steak and fish was great as wellSpecial Features:
- BirthdayDined on 8/10/2014Excellent food and service, we were treated very well with all aspect of fine dining.Special Features:
- Good if your dining by the mallAsheeVIPDined on 8/7/2014I dine all over nyc & love city dining but decided to try the garden city location! Food is good but not the best presentation & staff was not the most focused! I'm sure they were maybe just off today but if your fine dining by the mall it's #1
- JessOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014Fantastic service by Rachel, fantastic food! They went all out for my mothers 85 bdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- remarkablemaralsdines1Dined on 8/6/2014made my best friends birthday amazing and unforgettableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinnerAnthonypDined on 8/2/2014Service was beyond awesome I went here for my girlfriends birthday dinner and believe me everything was amazing...our server was Richard G and he was beyond awesome. I made reservations via opentable and as soon as we checked in my girlfriend was greeted by a "happy birthday" we got seated in less than 3 mins. Once we went to our table a happy birthday card was already there for my girlfriend. Very classy the good was amazing the service was awesome I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a new eating experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long Island DiningPatickDined on 8/2/2014I've been to Capial Grille a few times in the city and have always had a good time and good meal. The same can be said about the Long Island location. Always a solid experiece.Special Features:
- Five StarRMBivoneDined on 8/2/2014Food and service were great. A very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jlupeVIPDined on 7/31/2014Took my husband for his birthday again this year because they did such a great job last time. They did not dissapoint. The service was spot on and the food was fantastic! I think this is now a standing tradition.Special Features:
- amazingkostaDined on 7/23/2014Capital Grill was awesome, from the beginning great service, great suggestions for food and drinks. loved the generous pour menu. Ambiance was very classy, elegant and the place was not noisy at all. The waitress as well as one of the executive chefs was very helpful with suggesting what to eat as well as what wine to pair with the food we were eating. I not only will be going back for the delicious steaks, seafood and drinks but i will highly recommend it to anyone. Capital Grill has my vote any day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchSparksDined on 7/22/2014I had to schedule a business lunch where I had to make a great impression. Capital Grille was even better than I expected. Lunch is not their prime audience, so it was nice and quiet - perfect for a meeting.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantDebNYLIDined on 7/22/2014The food for lunch was delicious. Recommend Lobster & Crab burger. Service was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special birthday.virboldDined on 7/19/2014I brought my daughter to the Capital Grill to celebrate her birthday. Everyone was very friendly and wished her a happy birthday. Sparkles were placed on the table along with a birthday card thanking her for coming to Capital Grill. The fillet mignon was very tender and the sides were very good too. they took a birthday picture which was given to her and presented a very nice birthday desert. I would come again especially as a treat since it was expensive for me.Special Features:
- Worth the waitGreatdrinkDined on 7/19/2014Took us several attempts to get in and dine at The Capital Grille but so glad we got there and will get there again. Can't recommend it highly enough! Great food, lovely attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food a little offWineloversVIPDined on 7/19/2014My wife had the steak and I had the seared tuna...both were just ok. I've have had much better. Food at this price level should be fabulous, it wasn't.Special Features:
- Great steakhouse on LImidtown123Dined on 7/19/2014The steak was ok - I preferred a more seasoned steak, but otherwise, the entire meal was delicious and wait staff was very attentive. The coconut cream pie was absolutely delicious!!Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant on LIPumpkinDined on 7/14/2014My husband and I frequently dine at The Capital Grille. Each year we celebrate our wedding anniversary at that restaurant. It's a very low key place with excellent service, great food and wines. Most dishes are very good but we especially enjoy for appetizer the calamari and for main course the whole lobster taken out of its shell. Love the mashed potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, wonderfulRobinVIPDined on 7/12/2014Have never been disappointed when we have gone to Capital Grille. A restaurant that prides itself on customer service, they are par to none. The lobster bisque is a must have. It's like having a 1/4 lb lobster in a bowl. Their signature steak the delmonico is always a hit. My suggestion is to have them slice it for you in the back and great for sharing.Special Features:
- Great restaurantLuvmyfoodDined on 7/11/2014I love this restaurant food is always great and service is always excellent. I would always recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingCassDined on 7/11/2014Went here for a birthday, and had made a note during the reservation. When we arrived they had a card and some little decorations waiting at the table. The staff was extremely helpful and nice. Our waiter, Terrell was the best. The food was amazing. Enjoyed everything at the Gapital Grille. I was impressed by it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tough to maintain excellenceelevDined on 7/11/2014My comments should not be taken as complaints, but only as observations. Since my wife and I eat here every four or five weeks I suppose we've begun to be recognized because last month my porterhouse was presented to me for approval before it was cooked. That was a nice touch and I had come to expect it this time. Of course it didn't happen, although the steak was as good as ever. Additionally, when seated, since we were both wearing dark clothing, we expected to be offered black cloth napkins, a usual Capital accommodation that went missing here. It was swiftly corrected upon our request. As you can appreciate, one has to dig deep to find fault with Capital Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not So Generous PourJackie26VIPDined on 7/8/2014While I am a fan of the Capital Grill, I am not a fan of their "Generous Pour" event going on right now. They waitress explained that you would receive an unlimited amount of wine from the generous pour menu throughout your meal for a set price. Given how the event was described, it was a no brainer. However, the event should have been called the "Not So Generous Pour". The waitress would pour just about a taste of a wine but never actually fill your glass. I was looking forward to enjoying a nice glass of wine with my dinner. If the event was intended to be just a taste of each wine, the restaurant should have said so and then I would have opted to just order a bottle of wine instead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another amazing mealsteakloverDined on 7/6/2014Every time I dine at capital grille it is an amazing experience. This time was for my anniversary and they made the night outstandingly memorable. The little extras, like little hearts on the table, shows that they actually care.about their patron's experience. This is why capital grille will always be my favorite restaurant. Great food, great service, great ambiance. You can't ask for more.Special Features:
- tmantmanDined on 7/5/2014made early reservations in the a.m. online for 6:00 p.m. seating, walked in ,sat down, wined and dinned for 2 hours on our 33rd wedding anniversary. No one rushed us,and the wait staff just took care off us. Had the Del Monico steak, my wife the lobster.Everything was delicious.Thanks for a very special night !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014I went twice in one week and both times, the service and food was very good. The first time I went was to celebrate a Birthday. The wait staff were very attentive without being intrusive. The wine and food was delicious.Special Features:
- queenlambVIPDined on 6/28/2014Food and service good but we always bring our own wine corkage fee $50 per bottle we usually go with few other couples that is outrageous $150 just for them to open wine bottles. Big turnoffSpecial Features:
- Excellent service, great foodlmfcshDined on 6/27/2014We celebrated two birthdays on this latest visit to Capital Grill. It was a delightful experience. They go out of their way to make special occasions, extra special. The waitress was wonderful. She acknowledged the two birthdays as soon as we were seated. There were two birthday cards on the table from the restaurant with hand written notes. The table had some decorations to make it more festive. After dinner, they brought over a champagne toast, very nice touch. None of our diners ordered dessert but they brought over two platters with a few dessert samplers from the dessert menu. Happy Birthday was written on each platter in chocolate. They also took a picture of our group and gave us a hard copy of the picture before we left!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- laborerDined on 6/26/2014food was great, service was excellent. jeremy is an excellent waiterSpecial Features:
- The following 494 reviews are from the The Capital Grille - Garden City reviews archive.
- Great restaurantloverestaurantsVIPDined on 6/22/2014Dining here is always a pleasure, from the moment you enter until the moment you leave. The staff is pleasant and welcomes you, takes you to your seat, and calls you by your name. They asked us if we were celebrating a special occasion. When we told them it was our anniversary and they came over with an anniversary card and some lovely little red hearts to decorate the table. The meal, as always, was wonderful. Seared Tuna, perfectly cooked, with ginger rice and three dipping sauces. Salads were fresh and delicious. Everything, in fact, was delicious. Then they brought a dessert sampler on the house. Thanks for a great experience. We'll keep coming back.Special Features:
- Sides a disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014For the most part my experience was a good one however I was very disappointed in the side dishesSpecial Features: