Cambridge, MA 02139Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bondircambridge.com/
- Phone: 6176610009x
- Hours of Operation:
Open for dinner only
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Bond
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Facilities: Tuesdays are set aside for private events.
- Private Party Contact: Mark Grande 617-661-0009x
- Special Events: Please see the Events page on our website:
- Cross Street: Columbia Street
- Public Transit: MBTA
- Redline Train to Central Square
- #68 Bus
Bike racks available in front of restaurant.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Please see the Directions & Parking page on our website:
A word from Bondir Cambridge
Bondir, located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, is a cozy, farm-house style restaurant with 26 seats and a small fireplace salon. The menus showcase the pastoral and marine bounty of our New England region and offer a finely curated selection of American and European wines and beers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Bondir Cambridge - Best Restaurants in Cambridge ›
Bondir Cambridge reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (82)romantic (66)special occasion (66)neighborhood gem (56)notable wine list (23)hot spot (5)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- FoodBirthdayDined on 3/6/2014The food is amazingly presented and created! This time my experience at bondir was not as delicious as last. All the items were quite salty It was a first. I will have to try again in summerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Transcendent experienceFoodieForLifeVIPDined on 3/3/2014Absolutely brilliant food. Inventive, imaginative, and yet not overworked. Ingredients are allowed to sing. Best meal I've had in years. Can't praise the place enough.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and friendly,Hot4FoodVIPDined on 2/23/2014Great atmosphere and friendly, attentive staff. We opted for a la carte rather than tasting menu. The dishes were exquisite and well executed, beautifully plated. beet salad for appetizer was fresh and the pork rack entree cooked just right and very delicate. The portions were quite small so next time I may go for the tasting menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/21/2014The tasting menu was OK with some nice dishes, but some others were only OK. The wine list is very limited for a restaurant that expensive.Special Features:
- Great Food/AmbiencenickDined on 2/16/2014Went to Bondir the Sunday after Valentine's Day and got the chance to experience the Valentine's Day Prix Fixe Menu. It was well worth the cost. Every dish was fantastic, and the service was great. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff was extremely courteousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014The staff was extremely courteous and accommodating; it felt like they really cared about giving us the best possible dining experience (it was our first visit to Bondir). The menu was delicious, and it was nice to not have every single ingredient explained as some places like to do - instead we could try figuring it out on our own. My favorite part were the desserts, which were out of this world. We're definitely coming back here another time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StellarzdubuDined on 2/6/2014We did the four course prix fixe. At $70ish, it was quite the value deal. Food was amazing and there was quite a few extras that they kept bringing out including an amazing assortment of bread and some different tastes of soups in a small glass mug. I don't know how they made the chocolate gelato, but it was the most rich chocolate that I think I have ever had in a dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gastronomy meets Euell GibbonsSMcKayDined on 2/3/2014I love this place: great technical skills, local and foraged ingredients, soulful food. One of my favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a gemhungrymanDined on 2/2/2014Very interesting preparation, lots of attention to detail. The dishes occasionally get slightly too complicated in the description mainly but one has to appreciate the enthusiasm of the chefs. Service is excellent if not a tad over friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first reviewAC2600Dined on 1/31/2014First experience was a pleasure. Warm welcome, attention to details, measured pace to courses, interesting and novel combinations. Well doneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InnovationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/27/2014Bondir is about innovation and experimentation. And thank god for that. They understand that there are other ways to embellish food besides butter, salt, and oil.Special Features:
- Fantastic night at BondirguyrogetVIPDined on 1/25/2014Exceeded its reputation. Best dining experience in the Boston area in years.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2014Bondir was highly recommended by a friend, and we visited it on Friday. The waiting area with the fireplace was just amazing. The hostess kept us entertained with delicious on the house hors d'oeuvre while we waited for our table. It is very small, so not ideal for large group seating. The food was delicious and very flavorful. I wasn't floored with the desserts, but overall a fantastic experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeSCaponiDined on 1/19/2014Great experience all around, they have a really nice fireplace too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good specialKingcoleDined on 1/16/2014Food was very good, complex and mostly successful, though I thought the scallops dish was a bit bland. Not an everyday meal but good occasionally. Service was attentive and knowledgeable and the restaurant was small and quiet enough to talk comfortably.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous! And in Concord soon.SpinnerVIPDined on 1/11/2014We love Bondir Cambridge and frequent the restaurant. The food is creative and delicious, and the service is friendly and professional. Kudos to Kathleen and Gael!Special Features:
- Excellent in all respectsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/10/2014My wife and I love Bondir. It is a small intimate restaurant that is attractively decorated. The wait staff provides attentive service and the wine and food are excellent. If you have any dietary restrictions, let them know in the notes section on Open Table and they will accommodate your desires. We let them know that some of our party were Vegan a day in advance, and when we arrived there was a fantastic Prix Fix Vegan menu waiting for us.Special Features:
- disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/6/2014I had dinner while ago... and I was expected we will have another good experience...But... food was very bad...I think we will not going back again..
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/3/2014I read tons of reviews before going here and most were good with a few bad ones scattered in. We had four people and two had meat dishes and two were non meat. The two meat dishes were both overcooked and very dry. We told the waiter and he was a little flippant and didn't seem to care. We asked for something else and they brought it but didn't seem happy about it. I wouldn't recommend this place for the price- far better places to go.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/31/2013We went for the four-course New Year's Eve dinner--not necessarily the best time to try out a restaurant, but Bondir proved a wonderful dining experience. My favorite was the Roxbury apple salad with so many little addittions (caviar, hazelnut mousseline, chervil) that it was a delight of flavors and textures with every bite. The plates were artistically crafted assortments of flavors and textures that even when not quite right (lobster was a little overcooked and chewy) were an experience for the sensesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bravo Bondir!RecklessEricDined on 12/29/2013Had heard only serious raves about this place, and had been unable to book an OpenTable reservation for months (as I always tried to do so two or three days in advance). So my girl and I picked a day a few weeks away and it was a Sunday evening and Bondir lived up to all the hype. Very attentive and knowledgeable staff, superb wine, and our meal(s)...exquisite to say the least. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Pleasure in the detailsDiningForwardDined on 12/27/2013When experiencing the flavors of every morsel is the intent of a meal, this is the place for that meal. Each prix fixe course combined impossibly fresh ingredients with the chef's broad and deep culinary wisdom and creativity. Service was unobtrusive and excellent, and each course, and the included tasting plates, was presented by name with the respect it was due. The fireplace warmed guests on arrival; lighting over the tables provided a pleasing ambience, and the room's simple elegance continued in the wood and copper furnishings holding serving supplies near our table. Happily, the opening of another location appears not to have affected the exceptional meal we enjoyed at Bondir in Cambridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bondir is a serious endavourmronaDined on 12/21/2013Bondir is a serious endavour with exquisite food preparation and excellent service with seemingly unavoidable flashing cell phone picture taking clientele. They seem out of place such a "classy" restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophisticated, tasty, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/20/2013Bondir really is a neighborhood gem. The ambiance is warm and inviting and the chef is truly talented. And what attention to detail! The creativity, care and skill of the kitchen and wait staff is impressive. So many restaurants use too much salt, too much butter and sauce and rely on standard ideas. Actually if anything the chef is too restrained --the sauce on the duck breast was barely perceptible and a few things were so 'creative' that they were a bit odd (eg gelatin cubes and insanely salty dried olives), but there was enough solid fare beautifully done that we could overlook quirkiness. I found that I was quite sated after the first two courses so I don't recommend the four-course meal unless you are truly famished or gourmand.Special Features:
- amazing intergenerational birthdaydiner18Dined on 12/18/2013I went here with my grandfather for our birthdays. We were taken care of with amazing service and the food was delicious, beautiful, and creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, but . . .urielmeshoulamVIPDined on 12/16/2013The food is almost always excellent. We've been there several times, and will continue eating at Bondir. However, this time I apparently ordered the wrong dish - the mutton was mediocre at best. Everything around it was absolutely first rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine cuisine; great servicemcolfordVIPDined on 12/15/2013Four of us went; early, so we had the place to ourselves for a while. We all got four-course dinner. Each plate was more elegant and elaborate than the last. Practically between every course, a special amuse bouche arrived, right down to the mini-snickerdoodles and truffles at the close of the meal. The appetizers were particularly amazing, packed with ingredients and flavor. Reading the list of elements in each dish was daunting, but everything came together beautifully. As lovely as the food was, and it was beautiful, inventive and delicious, I was most impressed by the service. Attentive, informative, friendly and non-intrusive. Bondir really knows what they're doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable MealLAF12Dined on 12/8/2013Be prepared for the limited menu, and then be prepared to be wowed. Absolutely everything we were served was impeccably prepared and mouth-wateringly delicious. The chef is amazing, the servers are knowledgeable and helpful, and the atmosphere is comfortable. Think of the best meal you've ever had, served at a friend's home. That's Bondir.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe better for meat-eaters??SammyJDined on 12/7/2013First time - had heard a lot of positive reviews. Ambiance is GREAT - warm, cozy, perfect for conversations. The place feels intimate, romantic, and special - and the atmosphere will make you feel the same!! Service is attentive without being pushy - willing to explain the menu items thoroughly without making you feel like a dummy. Menu is small but interesting and carefully selected. Beautifully plated and artfully prepared but I wasn't wowed by the taste. However this might be because I'm not a meat-eater?? I went with 2 friends and they both seemed very happy with their meat entrees. The non-meat entrees are the same price as as the meat ones. Don't think I'll go back or recommend to veggie eaters, but I left happy and full!Special Features:
- Outstanding dinning experience.PapaDined on 12/6/2013Outstanding dinning experience. Excellent dishes with great variety of flavories in every bite. We enjoyed every course.service is impeccaable. A must try for any "foodie"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingpedestriansDined on 12/4/2013Pretentious and expensive. We got the tasting menu and did not like anything. It took several months for us to get a reservation, and we thought this would be a special experience. We were totally disappointed.
- Interesting and deliciousDebbieWhVIPDined on 11/22/2013The preparation and appearance of each of our dishes was unusual, and the taste matched. We were pleasantly surprised at the combinations of ingredients. We were also, at times, stumped by what we were eating! But we enjoyed every bite. Too bad there are no inexpensive wine choices. This is a tiny place, which is nice; it's pricey and worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive night outCentralSquareDined on 11/21/2013The restaurant is super cozy and the wait-staff very accommodating. The meal was an inventive combination of ingredients--some combinations worked better than others. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowNeighborDined on 11/21/2013What a great kitchen! Bondir is so creative - using locally available products they create true masterpieces. We coincidentally were there on their 3rd anniversary and just had a wonderful degustation. Luckily there were three of us and we all had different plates and were truly in awe as tho what was served. Definitely will return.Special Features:
- Imaginative fareShepardessDined on 11/20/2013This little restaurant is a delight, and an adventure. It felt like being part of an ongoing investigation into the magical chemistry of fresh food combinations. Some were terrific (the silver hake brandade with wellfleet clams, lentils, onion, turnip and black olive) and some elicited a difference of opinion among us: two votes for the roibos and ginger sorbet, one against), but all were worth sampling. The service was sincerely attentive, and despite being small, was quiet enough that we could carry on a conversation at normal voice levels. A keeper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bondir dinnercentralsqcamDined on 11/20/2013Beautiful gem on Broadway near Central Square. Wait staff excellent balance of attentive but relaxed and lets you linger over your courses if you are a slow eater. Ordered an appetizer, two entrees, and split dessert. Meat and fish dishes delicious and flavorful. Would have loved a few more vegetables on the plate as counter balance, but that's because I love vegetables. Breads superb! One was a seaweed-shrimp encrusted bread (salty and sweet), amazing. Small complementary tastings at beginning of meal were lovely - including two small soups of seasonal vegetables, sweet and savory. Would love to find those recipes! Great place for a couple or small group (4).Special Features:
- Disappointed at First Bondir DinnerBoulderEatsWellVIPDined on 11/18/2013We had very high hopes, but our seating preference was ignored, the service was aloof, the room was full but felt dead in terms of energy, and the food seemed well-conceived (bordering on pretentious) but poorly executed - and it didn't taste that great (EVERYTHING was totally deconstructed - at least some dishes need to show some technique and integration of the ingredients at these quite high prices). A few weeks later, I actually don't even remember exactly what we ate. The wine was a good solid recommendation but had a very high markup. At 25% or more less in price, we would probably try it again - at this high level, we expected much, much more than we received. Not a repeat for us.
- FabulousKPG1Dined on 11/18/2013This was one of the best meals we've had in a long long time. Thoughtful is the word that comes to mind. Each dish is is truly a labor of love. Fresh, creative and balanced. We did the 4 courses and although we were full by the end, we didn't feel overly full. It is just the right amount of food. The only minor thing was I had called about coming in at 6 rather than 5:30 a d was told that they couldn't accommodate. From 5:30- 7 there were only 3 tables occupied and we could have easily come at 6 without an issue. However, even that minor irritation was forgotten as we enjoyed ourselves. An absolute for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our dinner was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/17/2013Our dinner was excellent, the service was very good- attentive but not intrusive - and the ambiance was quite nice, even including a wood-burning fire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2013This was one of the best meals I've had in Boston. It was artistic food in the best sense. Not just beautiful presentation, each course was an amazing taste experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.