The Palace - Cincinnatian Hotel
601 Vine St
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
The Palace - Cincinnatian Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.palacecincinnati.com/
- Phone: 5133813000x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joe West
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Fine Art of Hospitality. The Cincinnatian Hotel & Palace Restaurant are committed to the fine art of ensuring that your catered affair is executed with the optimum quality, value and service.
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Lockwood 8886539784
- Entertainment: Live Music every Friday and Saturday evening 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Special Events:
A word from The Palace - Cincinnatian Hotel
Welcome to The Palace, offering fine dining within the historic Cincinnatian Hotel. Our elegant dining room, innovative menu and seamless, classic service create a one-of-a-kind dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
The Palace - Cincinnatian Hotel - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
The Palace - Cincinnatian Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (53)romantic (45)fit for foodies (44)notable wine list (30)good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (6)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- utmost service; small food portionslukerDined on 3/1/2014My wife and I enjoyed our date night, and appreciated the attentive service from the entire staff. We had good kid-free night and conversation, which we appreciated. But we didn't expect the dinner portions to be so small. Our server warned us that they had a new chef, and menu changed to be tasting portions. Chef presented the food well, and taste was good. But I literally went home and made a sandwich.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2014I am a vegetarian the waiter recommended a few sides that the chef could specially prepare for a vegetarian and he recommended I leave the entree up to the chef so I did and it was wonderful! Loved it and my husband and I will definitely return!I would recommend this to a friend.
- New chef is amazingsamanthaDined on 2/22/2014I can't believe the difference a year makes! Last year my husband and I had a nice meal at The Palace; this year, a MEMORABLE one! Congratulations to Chef West. We hope t meet y on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have eaten at the PalacebethVIPDined on 2/18/2014I have eaten at the Palace and Cricket for years. I was disappointed, as way my guest, to learn of the menu change that did not include any salads that were substantial enough or interesting enough for a meal. I used to order the Cobb salad or some variation. The current salad with goat cheese, even with the chicken was not enough to fill us up. Honestly, I doubt I will return with the menu as is.
- Small Plates, Big BillFishyVIPDined on 2/12/2014New chef is right on with the small plates concept. Room is as quiet and lovely as always. Not cheap, but this kind of quality never is.Special Features:
- The Palace is Chef -Less AgainAuntBarbDined on 1/3/2014We come to the Palace Regularly for Dinner and wanted to give it a try for Breakfast and we were not disappointed. As usual service was spot on and the food was served hot and beautifully. We were however disappointed to learn that Chef Beaudin was leaving the following week to pursue outside ventures. It seems that the hotel has been having a hard time keeping a chef. Not sure what the food will be now but we will not be going back until they find a new chef. I am sure they will get one soon and we look forward to trying their food.Special Features:
- New Years Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/1/2014While what was served was fine, we were expecting a more extensive array of choices. Scrambled eggs where the only choice, no omelets. No waffles or pancakes, only dry French toast. The food we had was fine it just didn't measure up to other downtown hotel brunches.
- Food is not good at allOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/31/2013My husband and I had New Year Eve dinner here. For Entree I choose the Lamb Shank with "rissotto", my husband the Tenderloin. My lamb + rissotto was really bad, no taste, the "rissotto" was not even close to a rissotto. They ran out of tenderloin so gave us a ribeye steak, was ok in taste, and the asparagus were overcooked. Definetely for the price they were charging and the type of restaurant they are this was a big disappointment. They took one meal charge out of thebill to make it up to us and the service was very good. We used to go on a regular basis when Chef Salazar was in charge and the food was always excellent.
- New Year's Eve packageOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2013Purchased a New Year Eve Package. Very disappointed with the food in the Palace Restaurant. The dinner was massed produced , reheated . When we went to the Palace for brunch, the food was almost gone and not presented very well. Half way thru the brunch a server ask if we would like coffee . Way over priced for that caliber food. The staff at the hotel were great and very impressed with the room. Next yr I will stay at the hotel but eat elsewhere .
- Perfect for entertaining guestsdinerVIPDined on 12/27/2013We were a party of 7 seated in the private room in the very back of the restaurant. It was a late reservation and our servers stayed until we were completely finished - no pressure. We ordered scallops, venison, filet, salmon and pork and all were incredible. Chef Matthew uses simple ingredients - there aren't strange and unfamiliar flavor combinations but food that reminds you of family cooking, but presented with such quality and flair that you know it's a top-flight restaurant. John McClean helped us select a Merlot from the cellar to pair with a variety of main courses. Brenda coordinated service with the perfect personal touch. Overall, another great evening of conversation with our guests - not too stuffy and quite memorable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have dined at The PalaceMichaelDined on 12/24/2013We have dined at The Palace several times over the years. Food, service and ambience are always top notch. The maitre d' is outstanding. On our first anniversary, he was excellent in arranging some special service and attention and he is a big reason why we return to The Palace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UNFRIENDLY, LONG WAITS, OVERPRICEDCHRISTMASEVEDined on 12/24/2013I CAN'T SAY IT ANY BETTER THAN THE REVIEW TITLE IMPLIES
- Christmas EvekennDined on 12/24/2013Last year on Christmas Eve service was a bit slow but the food was excellent. This year even with a price fixed menu with limited choices the service was worse.. It took 15 minutes for menus. It took 45 minutes for appetizers which were ordinary. Soups lacked cream and were lukewarm. The beef entre was warm but not hot . The short rib entrée was not even warm . Both the waiter and maitre'd apologized profusely and comped the wine and one entrée. But the real problem is the new chef is not up the high quality of the previous one. The food was not even ordinary. I realize it is not fair to judge on any one visit. But consistency is the hallmark of a fine dining restaurant. At its prices it was not worth it.
- Beautiful, food not so hotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2013Food was just not very hot. After first 2 courses we told server, she apologized and said she tell them. But the main course again was a little on the cold side of lukewarm. We usually go to orchids for special occasions but thought we'd try the Palace for a change, Christmas Eve. It was a nice change but food just not up to par. I think they were having an issue in the kitchen, looked like some wrangling between servers and MD. We'll try again since it was lovely spot but if food is not better, that will be it.Special Features:
- not for brunchzappleVIPDined on 12/22/2013Great lunch and dinner restaurant. It was terrible for brunch with a limited selection on the buffet and items not replenished. Some of the very limited items that were supposed to be offered were empty. We waited too long to be seated and our party of three was seated at a table set for two. It was, however, very inexpensive for the limited brunch.
- Disappointing and poor serviceQbanitaVIPDined on 12/22/2013We won't go back. We called ahead to ask for two high chairs and they were not ready for us. When we arrived no one greeted us. It was over 15 minutes before someone checked in to take our drink order. The buffet ran out of muffins and plates. My daughter had to go several times to the buffet. No one introduced themselves by name. Finally the server came over to take our order. It was over 30 minutes before we were served from the menu. There were a lot of staff but no one cared to help us. We heard that they were going to be very busy for afternoon tea. There was a lot of confusion with other orders. So disappointing!!
- The Palace Restaurant is outstandinOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2013The Palace Restaurant is outstanding!! Words can't describe the food or attention to detail. I will return often and you will toSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for a Date!Andy10115Dined on 12/20/2013The service was a bit slow, but acceptable because the food was worth the wait. My wife and I both had the Pork. It was very good however my wife's pork loin was cooked much better than mine. Although mine was still delicious. The desert tart however , was to die for!!!!!! Very nice place for a relaxing date. Live music really sets a nice tone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blame the chefbunbunDined on 12/20/2013Were seated immediately,seemed to be alitttle rushed to order.apetitizers arrived in due time,butternut squash soup was divine.now the wait began.almost ONE HOUR AFTER APETITIZERS,our waiter apologized for the fourth or fifth time the chef had overcooked the sole and had to start over-ergo one hour to entre time ,but all is well the dinner,drinks,and desserts were complimentary.a welcome treat believe me .my filet mignon was cooked perfectly,the sole with caper butter was delicious.desserts wete okay mousse choc.cake and cheesecake the restaurant is beautiful.acouple seated next to us were alittle too close.you coul easily hear conversation.this was our fourth time there,and the first time with such a problem therefore i still recommend it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/19/2013We had a wonderful dining experience., the service was exceptional and the new chef is excellent. Only request, bring back happy hour until 7.Special Features:
- Alternative to the OrchidHungryVIPDined on 12/14/2013We stayed at the Hilton Netherlands and were looking forward to eating at their famous Orchid restaurant. The restaurant was sold out which left us stranded and hungry for an elegant meal elsewhere. Thanks to Open Table we discovered The Palace restaurant nearby; and I am so glad that we did! Excellent accross the board!Special Features:
- Our experienceRonkDined on 12/14/2013Didn't care for our table selection . We were put in a small room away from the holiday ambiance.we should have said something to the head server . All in all, a just OK experince .We did enjoy a nice after dinner drink at the bar.
- A wonderful dining experience!SueZDined on 12/13/2013Our dinner at the Palace exceeded my expectations. The service was outstanding, as was the food. The salmon was incredible, and our waitress couldn't have been more accommodating. We'll definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is OK for lunchReviewerDined on 11/29/2013The lunch menu at the Palace has become pretty standard fare, just pricier. They used to have a more interesting menu at lunch. The best thing on the menu is the crabcake slider small plate. The hummus plate is also always dependably good. The burger, pulled pork, chicken sandwich, club, etc. can all be had for much less at other restaurants. The grilled chicken was dry, the french fries were soggy. The desserts are always delicious, but limited. The rustic berry tart was very good, but was served so hot that my ice cream was melted into a puddle before it reached the table. The servers at lunch are not top notch and service is very slow; not just leisurely, slow. Prepare for at least a two hour lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving Buffet disappointingCatieDined on 11/28/2013The restaurant manager (?) who greeted us was very nice, but for $49.99 per person I expected a far better dining experience. The quality of the food was overall decent (not great) , but the selections were limited.The "non-alcoholic" beverages were not even included in the price- and were relatively expensive ($3 for a plain coffee) . The buffet was poorly maintained---- very "picked over" and not replenished well. In fact they ran out of the pumpkin cheesecake that I was hoping to have for desert. Our server was pleasant, but slow and generally inattentive. The restaurant was not busy so there was no good excuse. We have been there before and dined off the menu. That experience has been better than the buffet experience.Special Features:
- Thanksgiving - not really.BarnesDined on 11/28/2013Thanksgiving buffet commentary. Service was marginal - waited 10 minutes upon seating to get attention from a server. Went the last 15 minutes of the meal without a water refill. Food was marginal - the sliced pork loin was as hard as a rock - not edible. The cheeses were dried out. There was no whipped cream for desserts that really needed whipped cream. Seating was tight. We spent our entire meal with the conversation from the couple seated next to us as our background music. All in all, the buffet was not as good as a casino buffet you could have for half the price - a huge disappointment.
- thanksgiving dinnermjpcDined on 11/28/2013I expected the food to be much better. They turkey was not the best, tasted like it was from a roll. Also, very limited choices in sides. The dessert bar was very bland. Nothing special, overpriced.Special Features:
- Thanksgiving Buffet DinnerJEEEDined on 11/28/2013Great ambiance. Pleasant clientele. Greatly appreciated, tranquil, private, subdued sophistication. Easy place to have a conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than a meal....SullyDined on 11/26/2013...it is truly a dining experience. Top-notch in every aspect. Go there with an open mind and experience food prepared in a way you will not see at other restaurants. From beverages, first course and through the main course and desserts, the menu is unique and the food prepared to perfection. I have been there a number of times and have never been disappointed. The Palace is Ideal for special occasions. Just to note, being a high-end restaurant, be prepared to spend a bit more.....but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday celebration39againDined on 11/23/2013went for my birthday and we had a wonderful and filling dinner and drinks and desserts! Service was exceptional (Jen) and John is just the best mater d ever. Very fun atmostphere with all the decorations and all . very enjoyable for the five of us!! will be going again...Special Features:
- We had a wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2013We had a wonderful evening and dinner at The Palace. We had appetizers and entrees, food was delicious and beautifully prepared.. We would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always special!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2013Outstanding and remarkable menu, outstanding and friendly service and always memorable! 5 stars!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experiencePRidgeAmyVIPDined on 11/21/2013Our first and main courses looked and tasted beautiful. I had the mushrooms and quail egg as my first, my companion had the mozzarella. Both were so good. We both got the scallops and duck confit as our main course. The scallops were enormous and cooked perfectly with a nice sear. That was so much food that we had to pass on dessert. Next time we'll split a first course -- they were large enough we could have easily shared one instead of having our own.Special Features:
- A perfect gemCalvinDined on 11/20/2013Beginning with the friendly valets...the escort to our table....the wonderful service...not hovering but some how still attentive. The food was even better than expectations. I would say this gem is definitely on my list for a lovely dining experience. Elegant without being stuffy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FriendlyPBepDined on 11/20/2013Wonderful place to go, treat you like a friend, service is wonderful and food is out of this world. I have tried so many new things since coming here 5 years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday KickoffDJWessDined on 11/19/2013Dining at the Palace Restaurant is a special treat for my friends and me. We always dine here in November as a "kick-off" to the holiday season and have been doing so for many years. This restaurant never disappoints. The hotel lobby was decorated for the holidays...and quite lovely. The wine list is excellent. This year we tried and thoroughly enjoyed the butternut squash soup. All of our entrees were cooked to perfection. We finished the meal with a specialty coffee. Good Service, Good Food, Wonderful Ambience- all shared with dear friends. It just doesn't get much better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013The staff was excellent and the food was delicious. Upscale and expensive and limited menu selection, but you really can't go wrong with anything you order. Highly recommended for special occasion with significant other or smaller group!Special Features:
- The service was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013The service was excellent and the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Palace is still a goodAlbertDined on 11/16/2013The Palace is still a good restaurant but it has become too pricey.Special Features:
- RareRoastRareReviewDined on 11/13/2013My husband and I ordered beef tenderloin medium rare. When it was served, it was very rare. I asked that one of my two slices be returned to be cooked a bit more. When it came back, it appeared to have been microwaved. The meat was overcooked to the point of not even being pink in the center. It was dried out, tough to eat and tasteless. My husband asked me not to make a scene and just eat it. I ate one bite, but couldn't eat the rest, so he ate it. While he admitted that it was not good, he also didn't want to make a fuss since our server went to the trouble of trying to make it right. Unfortunately, I was extremely disappointed and thought you should know. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.