40 Kenmare Street
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cantineparisienne.com/
- Phone: 2129662740
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Cantine Parisienne
Contemporary French restaurant located in the Nolitan Hotel. Offering wines by the glass and original cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cantine Parisienne reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (34)great for brunch (27)romantic (24)good for groups (23)great for lunch (18)special occasion (14)hot spot (13)notable wine list (13)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (5)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- great foodCY2013Dined on 5/30/2014Our experience was great. Everything that we ordered was soo good. We ordered the onion soup (very hot, soo flavorful, cheese was just right), asparagus soup (very unique, very nice), tuna tartare (very generous portion), salade d'endives (very refreshing, altho the blue cheese was a little too overpowering for my taste), cantine burger (burger done just right) and had a pink natural fresh squeezed drink (no extra sugar added, I could tell the freshness of the ingredients). Overall it was a but pricey, but pretty healthy, didn't feel stuffed coming out even tho we ordered lots of food for two. Must go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nyeaterDined on 5/27/2014We were the only people in the restaurant, yet service was very slow. We had a cracked water glass, a dirty spoon, and tea that had been sitting around for much too long. The food was average. I will not be returning.
- Good for brunchweloveitVIPDined on 5/25/2014We went for bruch last sunday and we had a reallynice time with mi wife. We used a pulsd coupon, which was a great deal, but most of all was the professionalism, chaarisma and care of our waitress. She did an outstanding job.. deffenitly we will come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastique!CelebrationDined on 5/23/2014It was superb! The fish dinner, (which was recommended by our waitress) was one of the best I have ever had in my life! The salad, the dessert and the wine were also magnifique! And, our waitress, very attentive, knowledgeable about the menu and friendly. Loved this restaurant!Special Features:
- So-so-ish but stylishEclecticGuyVIPDined on 5/21/2014Drinks were fine, food was a notch above ordinary, setting was delightful. Cool barkeep and charming French bus boy. Wait person was kind and helpful but so American it makes you wanna salute. She seemed to be in the wrong bistro. Great Groupon place, otherwise kinda average.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very averageAnnhVIPDined on 5/21/2014We had a reservation but they did not have our table for seven set up when we arrived. The service was just okay as was the food. With all the good restaurants in NYC would not go back.
- Not So Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/18/2014Unfortunately I ordered the pork belly and it was virtually all fat.
- great food, great servicedubes5Dined on 5/15/2014It's located in the lobby of the hotel but the scene and ambience is still pretty cool. Candle-lit with good background music thats loud enough to keep out other parties. Food was really good. Asparagus soup was delicious, white and green varieties together. Veal was great. Service was amazing. Waiter was really helpful, water was brought by carafe; wine glass was always kept full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/14/2014I saw the Pulsd deal for $29 for two entrees and a bottle of wine. I went with my boyfriend, and we noted first off that the place, lit up with tiny candles, seemed like a romantic oasis in its rather nondescript surroundings - a pleasant surprise, as the website photos taken in daytime are a little too modern-minimalistic. The place definitely picks up ambiance at night. The food is excellent, especially at that price. We had one steak and one loup de mer (bass), which looked like a steak, and you just can't go wrong with a bottle of Cote du Rhone! On our own, we ordered a lemon cheesecake for dessert and got a very generous portion of a delicious dessert! The service, too, was excellent. We definitely want to come back.Special Features:
- Amazing food.AnthonyfVIPDined on 5/11/2014Really enjoyed my time at this place! Came here for Mother's Day brunch and had the most amazing crab cake Benedict ever! Everyone was super inviting and extremely helpful. Our personal waiter wasn't so on top of things but everyone else filled in where he left off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another very nice time!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014Went for Mother's Day brunch, food was excellent again. Service wasn't as good as the first time I went, it looked like they may have been understaffed. Still, a very nice time and I intend to go back. The food is amazing, the prices range from usual Manhattan prices to very reasonable.Special Features:
- What a waste!jtineVIPDined on 5/11/2014Food was great - clean French flavors, easy pick when shopping in Soho or wandering around Nolita. The only thing is that the service is subpar - I was disappointed and surprised that the "rude NYC waitress" still exists - makes the place feel dated and I will not be coming back! The food is not memorable enough to make me come back. Too many good, friendly restaurants in NYC.Special Features:
- Very Good!NickVIPDined on 5/11/2014I'm delighted to say we found a true gem. We brunched there on Mother's Day, and was very impressed with the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JannVIPDined on 5/10/2014Special of Grilled Sea Bass with fiddlehead ferns, fava beans, mushrooms & grape tomatoes was first rate. Escalope of Veal good-sauce a bit too salty. White chocolate mousse was excellent as well as good expresso.I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/10/2014this our 4th time in the restaurant. we went to 3 dinners and 1 brunch to Cantine Parisienne. great location, very nice modern restaurant. the food is fantastic. great variety that will satisfy anyone. staff and service are just fantastic. i love the place.Special Features:
- worth every pennyrob6547Dined on 5/10/2014Food was simple and amazing. The server was really nice and everyone helped each other. It was a pleasant surprise. Location was great right on the corner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchSul89Dined on 5/3/2014I went for an unlimited brunch and the food and mimosas were amazing. Would go definitely go back!Special Features:
- fantastic placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/3/2014this is my 3rd time at Cantine Parisienne. had 2 dinners and brunch here. the menu is fantastic, wide variety of food. they have something for everybody. excellent service. great drinks, brunch had unlimited mimosas or bloody mery. great location, right in the heart of the neighborhood. cant say anything but good things about the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quirky 80's brunchBreezeVIPDined on 4/27/2014The spot was great, as it was slightly below street level but had huge windows all around that made for great people watching. They all dressed 80's and played 80's music which was fun. The food was very good, but they only gave 1 egg with their brunch special of the day. I also enjoyed the unlimited mimosas, and the fact that they were well made.Special Features:
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Such a cute place! And the food is AMAZING!! Would definitely recommend to go out with girlfriends or on a romantic date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good, salty entreesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014We used the coupon to check this place out. Everything was good, but entrees (three out of four) were to salty. No bread or snacks were given as most restaurants in ny/American do. Would go back, a bit expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved itR30banksDined on 4/25/2014Everything was great. Food, service, ambiance. I was there on a Friday night for my 4 year wedding anniversary and we were both very happy with our choice. restaurant lights were perfectly dim and the bathroom was super clean. The food is well prepared and our waiter was attentive. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing againhaopygoluckyVIPDined on 4/25/2014Loved dinner here. The staff is super friendly. Going back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome TimehaopygoluckyVIPDined on 4/19/2014Use the pulsd Voucher here. Waiters are amazing. Food is great. Ambience is clutch. Girlfriend loved it. Coming back for sureSpecial Features:
- Should be more popular!suebVIPDined on 4/18/2014I keep going to this place and have enjoyed my experience each time. Service is good and gracious. Modern and comfortable decor. Really good food and good reasonably priced wine list. I get the Steak Frites and have enjoyed it very much twice now. My sister and I liked it more than Balthazar's Steak Frites! No kidding. My friend liked the steak very much as well. This place is well located and has an interesting view, since it's got two walls of windows that are situated slightly below the lively street level scene of Kenmare Street. Oddly this makes it more theatrical and yet, at the same time, less hectic. Anyway - it's turning into a favorite of mine in the area.Special Features:
- Cantine ParisiennesuzeDined on 4/13/2014A sleek modern restaurant in the base of a hotel. There were a number of French staff to help with the authenticity of the French experience, the all inclusive drinks were well made but I was disappointed that they wouldn't offer me a screwdriver rather than a bloody Mary, as all the components were covered by the drinks offered. The food was well made and I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern and great locationparvilDined on 4/13/2014It's convenient because is in the middle of Nolita/Little Italy. A bit noisy, service very friendly and meal acceptable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/7/2014We had a Pulsd deal for dinner for two. It came with an entree for each person and a bottle of wine. It was perfect! Not sure if it was the weather (rainy) but we pretty much had the restaurant to ourselves! Our waitress was super kind and helpful. The food came out in a good amount of time and was pretty tasty. I had the steak frites and my mother had the branzino. The waitress was attentive and didn't rush us to finish our bottle of wine even though our food was done. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed myself...ChrissyB89Dined on 4/6/2014The food was delicious! The vibe of the place was very chic. The bellinis were lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very quiet on a Tuesday evening.fred55VIPDined on 4/1/2014Very quiet on a Tuesday evening. Nice atmosphere and tasty foodI would recommend this to a friend.
- great placepartyof4Dined on 3/21/2014We Were A Group Of 7 Ladies. Our Table Was Ready When We Arrived. The Staff Was Really Pleasant And Welcoming. Our Server Was Helpful And Patient. We Loved The Food....French Onion Soup Was Amazing. The Portions Were Generous Portions. Loved The Decor....It Was A Wonderful Evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meet My spectationsDrSalgadoVIPDined on 3/8/2014The Restaurant was very good, need to improve the wine list only. Apart from that was excelent. The service very good!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a boozy brunch placeSarahVIPDined on 3/8/2014To preface, my friends and I bought a Pulsd deal for a bottomless brunch. I don't think the restaurant was ready to handle the deal they offered. Our group was fairly large (10 people) and the restaurant would not allow us all to sit together. My table had good service and we liked our server. However, the other table of our group had a different server and a different experience. They were not allowed to order different drinks (the deal included mimosas, bellinis, and bloody marys - HATE when places won't give you just champagne, too much orange juice hurts my stomach.) We also finished our meals before the other table had even received their orders. The eggs florentine was good, and I appreciate that it came with greens and potatoes.Special Features:
- Good brunchBurrLinDined on 3/1/2014Brunched off a groupon to eat at the restaurant for the first time. It was great, try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMCubanDined on 2/28/2014I got the steak and fries and it was absolutely delicious! Top that off with a bottle of red wine and I was basically in heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The filet mignon and loupMariVIPDined on 2/21/2014The filet mignon and loup were good. The tartare de bœuf was pas top. Service was very nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very poor serviceMarianoVIPDined on 2/15/2014The server who waited on us, brought over two mimosas as we sat down and said "a courtesy". I thought that was nice. We finished and at check time, the two mimosas were on the bill. Since we actually drank one of them, I figured ok, I will pay for both, but I won't leave a tip. The server pitched a fit saying that foreigners don't know how to tip. I proceeded to explain that if he wanted a tip he should remove the mimosas from the bill. He acted super surprised and then removed them. After that I added a tip. Not a big deal, but I can imagine a lot of people falling for this type of scam. It felt like one to me. Plus you are on a date, so you don't want to look cheap, etc, etc, it is a scam, plain and simple.
- Went for dinner and brunchdavidjenisonVIPDined on 2/15/2014Went for dinner and brunch on back-to-back days with a Puls voucher and was happy with each. Dinner came with bottle of wine, and the meat dishes were great. Also enjoyed the crepes for brunch.
- Great Deals!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 2/14/2014Found an online deal for this place that included 2 entrees and a bottle of wine. I was very happy! Very reasonably priced, got the salmon and the branzino, both very good. The Cote-de-rhone that came with the deal was also very drinkable. Good service, not overbearing and came when needed. Would come again if this deal came around!Special Features:
- Romantic and Still VibrantMSDackoDined on 2/14/2014I went here for a Valentine's Day dinner and had very good food and service. I like the big floor to ceiling windows so there's tons of light that comes in during the day and a nice night view during during hours.Special Features: