15 Beaufain St.
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.leafcharleston.com/
- Phone: 8437932230
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Leaf
Awaken your culinary senses to Leaf - Charleston's premier café + bar featuring a casually chic atmosphere with indoor and outdoor transitional dining, Southern cosmopolitan cuisine, and a fine selection of wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Leaf reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (63)neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (35)good for groups (35)great for lunch (33)great for brunch (23)romantic (19)special occasion (19)vibrant bar scene (14)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (4)scenic view (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- Business DinnerRobertDined on 3/26/2014Went as a group of 5 on a Wednesday night and were treated to a great meal. It was our first time at Leaf and every course we had was delicious( The fried oysters melt in your mouth and all the entree's were spot on). Will certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal, S L O W servicelocalDined on 3/24/2014I was fortunate enough to be treated to my birthday lunch at Leaf. While the food was absolutely wonderful, we had to track down wait service for beverages, then ordering, then check. It was just constant requests for service in order to keep a lunch hour even close to being within an hour..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Leaf was a second choice the first time we went but will be our first choice on many more occasions. Great food and a good atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy the experienceseacoasterVIPDined on 3/22/2014We have eaten at Leaf four or five times now and have nothing but good to report. It looks like some great items have been added to the menu recently. So, if you haven't been there in a while, it's good time to visit Leaf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, long waitNewtoboiDined on 3/22/2014We had lunch at leaf and it was excellent. We were a fairly large party. We made reservations yet still waited for 30 minutes to sit. While it seemed those without reservations went right in and sat. Service was prompt and good was great. Definitely would recommend for lunch while walking around King.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and Fun Even in the RainscfoodieDined on 3/22/2014We had lunch there on a Saturday and arrived 30 minutes early, It was clearly a popular spot., filled with a lot of the beautiful people in Charleston. Even though there was a wait for an outside table, the restaurant was able to seat us shortly, The lunch menu was small but still had some good options. We both ordered the shrimp po'boy (good) and truffle parmesan fries. Just as we started to eat the rain started to fall. Our waitress had promised that they would move us inside quickly if that happened, and true to her word, they did. It actually worked out well. The tiramisu we ordered for dessert was a bit disappointing - in size and flavor. All in all however the overall experience was nice, We would return for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite a find!MarlaDined on 3/19/2014While visiting Charleston, we stumbled upon Leaf and found the food quite delicious - and highly recommend the crab & avocado dish. Next visit, we're sure to return.Special Features:
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/15/2014Awesome bar!! Food was excellent. Would return in a minute! Service was wonderful. Big restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Patio in CharlestonchsfoodieVIPDined on 3/15/2014With Spring hovering nearby, we're all ready to get outside and enjoy the warmer days. Leaf has the best patio in Charleston, hands down. It's a perfect spot the meet friends for lunch or brunch. The menu is eclectic and has something for everyone with salads, sandwiches, and entrees. The Greek Salad is very good. The Bocadillo with Serrano Ham and Manchego is delicious too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is so GREAT!BrandisDined on 3/14/2014Leaf is all around amazing! I went for the first time for restaurant week and I keep coming back. The food is always delicious and the service is always helpful and friendly. Between that and the atmosphere of the place--you can't go wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LEAFdavidpeckmanVIPDined on 3/11/2014Food has improved from when they first opened and the staff went out of their way to make us comfortable. We had two orders of Steak and Fries and one was spectacular and one was excessively fatty - they took the price of fatty steak off the bill (which we weren't expecting since we notified them at the end of the meal). Nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great!Rocket973VIPDined on 3/9/2014This is our second dining experience at Leaf, though, this time we brought 3 other couples. As always, a great dining experience. Our server was terrific about pointing out items that were in short supply as we sat down. I heartily recommend Leaf for any occasion.Special Features:
- Sunday brunch after churchOut2eatVIPDined on 3/9/2014We went here after church for brunch. The food was quite good, but the service was very slow. It took too long for our food to arrive at the table. It took us over 1 1/2 hours for brunch. Drinks took forever and the kitchen was very slow. Wait staff was slow and our waitress disappeared for long periods of time and seemed apathetic. Probably won't go here again because it took too long. If you are going to offer free drinks, get them to the tables quickly!Special Features:
- Leaf CharlestonDRLLVIPDined on 3/7/2014This place is a great local restaurant and bar off the beaten tourist path. It's always busy but not over the top loud. The food is very good and they have a great wine list. The bartenders and wait staff are great and they work hard.Special Features:
- Consistently great!NYCFoodyVIPDined on 3/7/2014This is by far my favorite restaurant downtown for lunch. Right off of King Street with a great location that not everyone knows about. We took our friends who had never heard of it and now they're hooked. The food is consistently good every time.Special Features:
- Disappointedpaulq101Dined on 3/4/2014We have been to Leaf several times over the past18 months and always found it to be excellent. However, we were very disappointed in the food this time. The menu was limited and they were out of a few items - surprising because there were very few diners. (It was a rather cold and dismal night.) The moussaka was covered in a sauce that didn't seem to go with the dish. We had never seen potatoes in moussaka either. The shrimp and risotto was undercooked. Probably go for drinks but won't eat there again.
- Leaf leaves us happy!GingerVIPDined on 3/3/2014We very much enjoyed our lunch at Leaf. The house specialties (pig ears in lettuce), biscuits with gravy, chicken wings, etc were all delicious. The pig ears in lettuce, crunch and delicious, were a new treat and unlikely to be found above the Mason-Dixon line. Highly recommended for ambience as well as food.Special Features:
- Delightful BruchLoveBrunchDined on 3/2/2014We had a very nice experience. The service was excellent and food was outstanding. We had brunch in the patio. It was very enjoyable. Leaf is my new favorite brunch place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All StarFoodieDined on 3/2/2014Great food, atmosphere and location! Could not ask for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and funOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/28/2014Great experience at Leaf. Brought our eight-month old, and the staff had as much fun with him as we usually do. The food was exceptional, and the ambience was superb. Cannot wait to go back!!Special Features:
- First time and NOT the last!WonderfulVIPDined on 2/23/2014Very excited to try Leaf! The brunch was amazing and the patio is adorable along with the rest of the restaurant! Cannot wait for our next visit! Thank y'all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BrunchChrisDined on 2/23/2014This is one of the best and my most favorite Sunday Brunch spot in Charleston.Special Features:
- the details matter, could be awsomebeenaround1Dined on 2/16/2014The building inside and out is very nicely done, we entered and noticed the smell of stale bar first off. The comfortable seats were a welcome. Server notified us the kitchen was out of Asparagus, the Pressed Chicken and Mousse Dessert. Our Calamari was sliced too thin and over cooked, not good. The Meat and Cheese tray was OK, wouldn't order again. The Salmon was cooked perfect, as were the Scallops. Both Very tasty as well. The Arugula Beets Salad was beet overkill and the Grilled Chicken arrived several minutes later, only to see chicken tenders.Our finished plates sat in front of us too long, had to ask for more water after seeing it go by me over and over. Lava cake was all lava and no cake, no fruit on top like at other tables.Special Features:
- Great Ambiancecrg39Dined on 2/16/2014I found Leaf as a last minute reservation in case we couldn't find anywhere else with openings for our last night in town. Turns out it was a fantastic choice! The restaurant has a great ambiance and amazing menu. They were able to manage a food allergy with little trouble and had amazing service. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Charleston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lots of noise poor food.....robtDined on 2/15/2014lots of noise poor food..... greasy and salty.....very ordinary for a bad restaurant service friendly and attentive, but nothing was as we ordered it i will not go there again and would not recommend anyone waste their money on the place
- Great newer restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2014The place to go for lunch or Sunday brunch. Food excellent. Our server was Chris..he was super accommodating on every level. Can you tell, we loved the restaurant!Special Features:
- ExcellentLynnDined on 2/8/2014This was new try for us and it was GREAT ,, our party of 4 loved everything about the restaurant. Our food was wonderfully delicious! We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BurgerssushiloverVIPDined on 2/8/2014While we did not go to Leaf intending to order hamburgers, they looked so good as they were served to another table that we did. They were some of the best burgers we've ever had--two patties, perfectly cooked, juicy but not greasy, with delicious cheese or bacon options. The truffled fries were over the top. Not a healthy meal but a great indulgence. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dr Edward RigtrupDissapointedDined on 1/19/2014We we're greeted promptly. Seated within 10 min. At our table discussed drinks and the menu. We also spoke of the physical space and it's history all in all very pleasant. Food was good well prepared and presentation wonderful. Service was great we will go again. We were surprised pleasantly when dessert was offered with samples for all. The evening from beginning to end was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good First Time PlaceFoodForThoughtDined on 1/19/2014It was my first time to Leaf and it was great! Our waiter was awesome too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leaf first visitSuz1Dined on 1/19/2014Nice jazz brunch nice mimosas. Menu was wonderful but good was overly salted and could not taste anything. Except salt! May have had new cook. Menu options were lovely and atmosphere was peaceful, open to conversation and music tasteful and added ambience. We were happy to find what could be a real gem! Prices were very fair for cuisine offered. Too much too much salt in everyone's plate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCharlestonLoverDined on 1/19/2014My husband and I booked a reservation for Sunday brunch at Leaf. We had read so many good reviews and were excited to give this restaurant a try. When we arrived we were told that we could just sit at the bar. We chose a table and found it to be dirty. We sat for several minutes without anyone waiting on us so we got up and left. As we were leaving, we heard the hostess explain to another guest that they had a private party and didn't have tables available. We were not given any explanation or we may have been willing to wait. The two hostesses were not friendly or helpful. I would have expected more since we had a reservation. Maybe was an off day for them - not sure if we will try again as there are many other awesome choices.
- Not on the levelSkinnymanjoeDined on 1/17/2014Food was fairly good, but not to the level of other restaurants offering a restaurant week special. We had eaten at Tristan the week before for the same price and were truly wowed there. Not wowed here. Maybe the regular menu is better, but not going to rush back to this one.
- Loved the food. Decor withOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/16/2014Loved the food. Decor with long white linens was gorgeous. Great restaurant week find. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FindJamesDined on 1/16/2014First time at Leaf and we really enjoyed it. The food was very and it was not crowded at all. Everything was great overall and we will definitely be back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinners delightcatwirksDined on 1/15/2014Checked out Leaf after class Wednesday night. Had a wonderful meal with friendly staff and was able to hear myself think. In the bar it is much more lively but isn't that what we look for? Enjoyed so much I am going back tonight with friends.Special Features:
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/14/2014So hard to find in the competitive Charleston dining scene...a quiet, uncrowded atmosphere with great location and great service. It is worth a try just for that. The menu is varied and the food is very good, maybe not spectacular, but good enough that it has become a new favorite for all the other reasonsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out On The TownBill23Dined on 1/14/2014It was a luke warm start however things warmed up and we had a very enjoyable meal. The service was good and we were not rushed. It turned out to be a good night out with friends.Special Features:
- Great Meeting PlaceBettsDined on 1/13/2014Nice place, has parking which is a plus in downtown Charleston. Good location. Food was good. Table not too close together which is nice as well. Felt like I was in a dining room.Special Features:
- perfect for brunch5jerseygirlsDined on 1/12/20145 jersey girls thoroughly enjoyed Sunday brunch at this restaurant. Would definitely make Leaf the 1st choice for visiting friends to get some of the real Charleston experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.