Thasos Greek Taverna
3330 E Oakland Park Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Thasos Greek Taverna
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thasosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9542006006x
- Hours of Operation:
Friday & Saturday: 5pm-12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Vegetarian, Greek
- Executive Chef: William D'auvray
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Thasos Greek Taverna
Thasos Greek Taverna's focus is on fresh seafood and meats cooked on our wood fire grill & rotisserie along with seasonal vegetables featuring flavors of the Mediterranean. Our goal is to provide a unique dining experience, in a casual chic atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Thasos Greek Taverna - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Thasos Greek Taverna reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (37)good for groups (35)special occasion (35)hot spot (28)romantic (27)neighborhood gem (27)vibrant bar scene (24)great for outdoor dining (16)notable wine list (11)late-night find (9)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Food good service horribleFancypantsDined on 5/3/2014The food was pretty good but pricy for Greek food. The service was terrible. Took two hours to get food and another just to get a check.Special Features:
- So so foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014My scallops were not warm enough. To expensive for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SparklesrqcommentsDined on 4/30/2014Unique: Modern Greek menu; Decor is a star; service great; food is very tasty…many health oriented but delish dishes; salads and chicken yumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we finally made it!surprisedDined on 4/29/2014This restaurant has been on "our to do list" since its opening. So glad we finally made it. Will definitely return. Food was very good. Service friendly and professional. Ambiance is definitely "Greek".Special Features:
- AwesomeSschwachterVIPDined on 4/26/2014Everything about it here is great!!! Food was amazing, beautiful place and great people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of the dulldrums.....PickyOneVIPDined on 4/25/2014Thasos has suffered some bad press in previous reviews - but they have come out shining like a star ! Dinner guests were pleased with the ambiance, the service was terrific and the food worth a trip to this neighborhood gem. No problems here - seems as if the owners and staff have gotten their collective acts together and they are on a roll ! Congratulations for getting through those intiall dulldrums and critical reviews. This is a gem, for sure ! I recommend without reserve - my guests, from Berlin, were delighted to be at Thasos and will return !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2014I love this restaurant. Great food, relaxed atmosphere, excellent service, consistently enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always to be on your list to eat atFoodieHeavenDined on 4/19/2014I have to say the food and service is always excellent .... The bar mixes great cocktails and everyone is so helpful ... Make sure you book and then they sit you immediately Best Greek place in town NEVER to be missed if you are in the areaSpecial Features:
- Simply The BestLauderdaleJohnDined on 4/19/2014This is absolutely one of the best restaurants in Fort LauderdaleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with SeniorsSeniorSupportVIPDined on 4/19/2014I love the award-winning design and decor at this newer Greek restaurant in Fort Lauderdale. Very accessible for seniors and wheelchairs. Delicious food, and offerings include small and large plates to share. Watermelon salad is a refreshing starter, and try a signature cocktail! My husband tried the melon, hibiscus drink and it was wonderful. Lamb chops are tasty and all of the vegetable sides are great. Makes me wish I was back in Santorini!Special Features:
- GreatDeliciousDined on 4/14/2014Presentation, temperature freshness, and taste of food was perfect! Good service and atmosphere. Cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek!Clare1317Dined on 4/11/2014Been to this place twice - the first time was during the week and not really busy, but the food & service was amazing. Way, way better than the other Greek restaurant in the area! We've been telling everyone how good it is - but thought we should go back on a Friday night to see if was as good as we remembered. It was very busy but the food & service was as consistent as our previous visit! 2Will be going back soon - wish they were open for lunch :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good. However,JTdineVIPDined on 3/29/2014Food was very good. However, we had a reservation and the hostess did not care if she sat us or not. The hostess did not give a good impression and definitely had an attitude. She sent the waitress to seat us at a table that wasn't ready and then we had to wait for another table for 20 minutes that was outside in the rain. Then we just got up and moved to a different table ourselves. Won't likely go back to this restaurant.
- A touch of Greece in Ft LauderdaleFinedinerVIPDined on 3/23/2014A delicious delightful experience The restaurant was very attractive. The menu was varied. The small plates were wonderful to share. All in all it was a most pleasant experience. We're looking forward to going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like going on Vacation to Greece.PaulZDined on 3/22/2014The excitement started the minute we pulled into the free valet parking. THE PLACE WAS BEAUTIFUL! and it ony got better as we walked in to a transformative space. We felt like we were in some modern hip restaurant in Greece. Being Greek myself and haveing been raised on greek food, I can safely assure you the food was amazing, authentic and modern. The entire staff made us feel special and very welcome as they attended to our every need. This is a "must" place for anyone looking for a great night out in Ft Lauderdale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Greek food!FoodloverVIPDined on 3/22/2014The spreads, mosaka, and deserts are unbelievable good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but be prepared to waitMarkPVIPDined on 3/21/2014Had 8:15 reservations and arrived 5 minutes early. Waited at the bar and saw many that arrived after us be seated first. Even after being told the it would be 5-10 minutes until our table was ready, we waited 45 minutes to be seated at our table. This was met with ambivalence when it was noted. The food was very good, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely greatLakeWilsonAlabamaDined on 3/20/2014All things positive with my dining here. Very interesting design. Deserts excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your average Greek food.spemoniVIPDined on 3/19/2014Our second time dinning here. Great meal... Service was a bit unattentive. Manager was on top of it and took good care of us.
- Just go for the Grilled Octopus....AivoncatDined on 3/15/2014By reading the reviews we decided to go early (5:30pm) in order to skip the loud music, the big mess of people, bad service and long waits (see other reviews) It worked ! However, appetizers and salads were bland. The entrees are limited and overpriced, and no Happy Hour on Saturdays (!?!) We both went for the grilled octopus (small plate $18) GOOD. Finally, they only had 1 of the desserts we wanted (creme caramel) but it was warm, with little caramel on top and way too creamy. We had a good British server though. Free bread was good, due to an Italian bakery on the other side of the road. The restaurant looks great, but we won't be back; the ambiance is very "South Beach-ish", problem is that it's in Fort Lauderdale and far from downtown.Special Features:
- Very loudBlondieVIPDined on 3/14/2014Gave Thassos a second chance tonight. Food and service much improved since last visit. Noise level still very high. Good for groups and casual dining, but not the place for an intimate dinner. Price on the high side.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A HOLIDAY AT HOMEAddie60VIPDined on 3/10/2014A night at Thasos is like a mini vacation. The atmosphere, charming service and excellent fresh food takes one away to the Grerk Islands. We could not suggest one improvement as the owners have made the effort to offer perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very LoudDan728VIPDined on 3/8/2014Food and service were good, but restaurant is very loud.Special Features:
- Great new restaurantJazzybVIPDined on 3/3/2014Thasos is a very friendly place with outstanding food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingVal18Dined on 3/1/2014I always looked forward to the moussaka at Thasos. It was as close to the real thing outside Greece. This time it's all changed - they now serve it as a big slab rather than the earthenware bowls, the potato was very thickly sliced, the meat very under seasoned and the top layer far too thick. It's become a Greek sheperd's pie rather than a moussaka. The service wasn't great - an order of French fries arrived three quarters the way through the main course (and they weren't very good either). The noise level was ridiculous - why do restaurants have to put on music when the noise level is already high. We couldn't wait to get out. Far too expensive for the quality.
- thasosJackieDined on 2/27/2014have been to Thasos's several times and have found it to be great in all aspects of a great restaurant,good food , great service, personable wait staff, fun and an enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appetizers were good, butFoodieDined on 2/25/2014Appetizers were good, but main dishes only fair.Lamb chops were dry,fish was tasteless and overcooked.Service was polite but not efficient.Appetizers did not arrive at the same time,and waiter forgot to order one.Wrong main courses were brought out and had to be returned.Restaurant ambience very good.Restaurant has great potential,but needs work.
- Disappointed on the tableLuisVIPDined on 2/22/2014Disappointed on the table location outside where there is no atmosphere like the inside of the restaurant. The waiter did not know the menu well. Specifically asked for Grilled Calamari he brought Fried Calamari.... Drinks were not consistent.
- NoiseHedybellDined on 2/22/2014Food was good, but would choose better places to spend this kind of money. Mainly would not return because while the restaurant is nice looking it is unbelievably loud and noisy! Many places are busy and can't help being noisy, but this was really excessive and took away from dining pleasure.
- Contemporary GreekraysvetikVIPDined on 2/21/2014Very nice restaurant. Love the atmosphere and food. The best musaka in town!!!Special Features:
- Every dish we had at ThassosRichard2VIPDined on 2/19/2014Every dish we had at Thassos was fresh and delicious. Our friend had a large pork chop that was excellent. My partner had moussaka that was also excellent and the size of a house. I had several small plates. Lamb meatballs and the eggplant casserole. We shared the large salad to start. Our waiter was attentive and friendly. We hadn't been here for several months, but from our experience, the food was so much better than our last visits. Will definitely go again.
- Too NoisyJudiVIPDined on 2/19/2014The food was nicely prepared and tasted great (except for the calamari). The noise level was terrible. Could not hear each other talk. And our waiter was pleasant but very very very pushy about ordering food. He kept saying try this, try that. And started writing on his pad as though we had agreed to take it. He also wanted to take our drink, appetizer and food order all at the same time. We had to insist several times that he just get us our drinks and appetizers and then we'd look at the menu and order. Don't think I'd go there again--but guess I should never say neverSpecial Features:
- What happened?OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/18/2014Previous experiences have been outstanding. Now the kitchen cant turn out the standards that made the restaurant such a draw. More than that, the kitchen can't even turn out entrees - after 3 hours we left with apologies from the host, a $300 tab, and only 1/2 of our entrees ever being delivered. Outrageous. Stay away.
- Delicious! A great find!SfkRBNYDined on 2/18/2014Off the path from the beach but what a yummy restaurant. The cauliflower is amazing... Whatever is in the sauce, I wish I could replicate. The mushrooms were Delish also. I loved to olive spread they served with the bread! Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingBobZATLVIPDined on 2/15/2014I had heard good things about Thasos that I decided to give it a try. I was very disappointed. We got there early to have a drink at the bar, but the maitre d' insisted on seating as he warned that he might not have a table for us at our reservation time. The service from the start was terrible. Our waiter was pleasant enough, but just wasn't with it. We had to ask for bread, our drink order took forever, and I had to ask for my glass of wine that I ordered with dinner twice. I was practically finished with my dinner by the time the wine came. The food was good, not great, but good. I might give it another try, but honestly I'm not sure it will be any better. It's a shame because the venue is stunning.
- Florida GirlSharonVIPDined on 2/15/2014We dined at Thasos this past Saturday evening (our 3 time here). Our reservation was for 7:15. The restaurant was not very busy at this hour, but the service was extremely slow. It took forever for our waiter to greet us and take a drink order. He did not speak English very well, and had a difficult time taking our dinner order. The food took a long time to arrive as well. Disappointed in the stuffed cabbage and Brussel sprouts. Very bland.
- What a great Valentine's Day dinnerCurtis10of10Dined on 2/14/2014The restaurant is beautiful and vibrant. The staff is friendly. The food is delicious and the portions are bigger than you would expect at an upscale restaurant. My fiancée started with the watermelon salad and I had the tomato and cucumber salad with feta. We swapped in the middle and loved them both. My fiancée wants us to start making the watermelon salad at home now. I had the beef tenderloin, which was perfect. My fiancée had the chicken and he was impressed as well. Creme Brûlée and baclava finished off our night. Since it was Valentine's Day, the owner was delivering a pink rose to each female diner, a very sweet touch I thought. We look forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this placeFernDined on 2/14/2014We eat here often, sometimes for special occasions and sometimes just because. We have never made a reservation before. But since it was Valentines day, we thought it would be smart to reserve a table. We specified we wanted a side booth vs a center table, we ended up in a center table. Not exactly what we were looking for a romantic dinner but the service and food were great as usual so no big deal about the table. This is a really fun place to dine, even if you are just getting the appetizers and drinks. We bring all our out of town guests here and they are always impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thasos - a great experiencendas2Dined on 2/14/2014Valentine's day dinner there....Bocelli concert afterwards!!! A memorable evening. Our waitress (Amanda B) was ever-vigilant, highly responsive, and made sure that the delicious dishes were brought out in time for us to finish dinner and dessert, and still make it to the concert on time. She is very pleasant and perceptive, knows the menu well, and is exquisitely sensitive to her guests' needs! The food was wonderful and very fresh. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodanachoreteVIPDined on 2/13/2014second time, it was very very good it s look and it s very good sea bass was very tasty, wine very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.