The Keg Steakhouse & Bar - Windsor Riverside
1 Riverside Dr West
Windsor, ON N9A 0A3Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar - Windsor Riverside
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kegsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 5192541646
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00 pm - 12:00 am, Friday - Saturday: 3:00 pm - 1:00 am, Sunday: 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Prime Rib
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer two private dining rooms. One will seat up to 16 people with the other seating up to 30 people.
A word from The Keg Steakhouse & Bar - Windsor Riverside
Quality, comfort and value are three key ingredients that make The Keg Steakhouse & Bar experience like no other. Our menu features tender, juicy steaks, slow roasted prime rib, succulent shellfish, the freshest of salads, irresistible desserts… and of course, an outstanding wine list. When it… comes to steak, The Keg serves only the finest cuts. They are aged for tenderness. Then, a very special blend of seasonings is added to lend unique flavor while still allowing the natural properties of the high quality, well aged beef to be enjoyed to its fullest. This ensures that a tender, succulent, flavorful steak is guaranteed off the grill every time. Our inviting culture will always welcome you with a smile. Our staff is outgoing, knowledgeable and friendly, with a genuine desire to please. The Keg Steakhouse & Bar provides an atmosphere that encourages you to enjoy, relax and be yourself.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar - Windsor Riverside - Best Restaurants in Downtown Windsor ›
The Keg Steakhouse & Bar - Windsor Riverside reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)scenic view (29)great for outdoor dining (25)romantic (23)good for groups (20)vibrant bar scene (12)notable wine list (12)fit for foodies (10)neighborhood gem (10)hot spot (10)late-night find (9)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Even better than anticipated!Jh30177Dined on 11/8/2013We had been really looking forward to this dinner as it was our anniversary. So we had pretty high expectations already. The night surpassed those and was absolutely perfect. We felt special and very taken care of by our waitress Amy and the manager (I think) even stopped by our table in his rounds. The food was perfect but for the keg I think that is pretty standard. It really was the service that made the experience wonderful. We will definitely be going back and recommending others to go. We definitely understand why the keg has such a good reputation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good night out.ElebobDined on 11/8/2013We had a great time the food was excellent. Our waitress was wonderful. We`ll likely come again, the next time we`re in Canada.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingswazDined on 11/2/2013The dinner experience was excellent. Appetizer was tasty and just enough. Food was the right temperature and the portions were perfect. Recommend the Billy Miner Pie dessert be shared ..lol. Service was prompt, polite, courteous, well dressed, and eager to please us. I would direct all my out of town friends to eat here anytime and not be embarrassed. Well done Keg!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excelent service will come backbaf1Dined on 10/25/2013my wife was not happy with the prime rib she ordered, the server was happy to replace it with a sirloin steak and even the manager came to apologies for that and to our shock we were not charged for the prime rib, actually i questioned that and ask them to add it but they refused, never experience such a good service before, also the wine list prices was very resonable will be back for sure thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In The Keg We TrustSeriouslyDined on 10/20/2013The Keg offers consistent quality in their food selections - you know what you are getting and are not disappointed. Staff were friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For Special OccasionsOliviaDined on 10/19/2013The Keg really out did itself, I went for a special date and the service and food were good. It is pricey so it's not someplace we would go every week but for a special occasion, definitely the place. I also saw that they had a group room, so I am thinking about a group event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our beef was asked to be mediumJoketDined on 10/19/2013Our beef was asked to be medium versus medium rare and came to the table and WAS VERY DRYSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After Wedding Get-togetherBiscainneDined on 10/11/2013I've already sent a review. Do you need two of them? Had reservations for 5:30 pm and at the entrance we were told to choose any table we wanted. Sat at our table and waited and waited and still no waitress. Finally my husband got up and went and interrupted 3 of them that were just standing there talking together. They were debating which one would take care of us. Finally got one of them to come over and get us drinks. Very poor service. Food was great but the wait for service took forever. Who knows how long we would of sat there if we would not have asked them to serve us.Special Features:
- food is amazeballs!craz4maizenblueDined on 10/4/2013This restaurant is totally with cruising the border for! The food and service are both top notch. The selection is great and it was just as delicious as I recall...if not better! Wish I could go ball the time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reheated foodbrianDined on 10/3/2013We were very disappointed in our food. It wasn't fresh, like it was left over and thrown back on the grill. The garlic mashed were luke warm and lacking garlic. The bread was hard as a rock. I had the prime rib. What I got was a huge hunk of meat, like a steak. Not what I expected. Service was excellent!!
- IncredibleGourmetScopeDined on 9/28/2013We joined the Keg staff for a birthday celebration and it was phenomenal. The food was incredible, as ever, and the atmosphere was friendly and inviting. We were given the option of where we wished to be seated, which was a rare opportunity, but ultimately decided to go with the dining room. Hands down the star of the evening was our server. I believe his name was mike. He was beyond personable and a very affable young man with knowledge and manners well exceeding expectations. He truly is a professional fit for the Kegs standards. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to work on service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2013Had trouble with service. Did not return to table had to keep asking other servers to please send her over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLovetoeatDined on 9/27/2013Thoroughly enjoyed our meal, intimate booth for two made for easy conversation, food was excellent and our server, Jessica, was engaging and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ServicenicvicDined on 9/21/2013Went for dinner with my husband celebrating our anniversary. We had a great time, great food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time to downtown Keg - great!oldkegstersDined on 9/19/2013Very busy but - sat at the bar to wait on our table - short wait. Bar staff exceedingly helpful and friendly. Got our table10 min. after our reservation time which was great. I had the prime rib burger which was outstanding ;and my husband had the ribs - they were so good and tender and had a great sauce. Noisy and bustling but that didn't bother us. Would go back again and would recommend it to our friends and family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My steak had grizzle in itkittyDined on 9/14/2013My steak had grizzle in it and was replaced no charge excellent service and the food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first impression!RecentGuestDined on 9/13/2013Very nice place to dine. Service was good, food was AMAZING, and the atmosphere was nice. Things were a bit loud in the dining area and tables were close to each other. The patio area looked astounding but unfortunately it was a little too Chilly outside to sit there. We will have to try this section out another time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was greatdeacDined on 9/1/2013Food and service was great . My husband states never has he had a bad steak at the Keg we usually go to London but Windsor Riverside was great too.Special Features:
- EnjoyableDaveDined on 8/29/2013Enjoyed the facility very much-service was extremely good. Background noise was excessive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The steak my husband had wasAngus111Dined on 8/23/2013The steak my husband had was done to perfection, and my prime rib and lobster were perfect. And don't forget the appetizers,you can never go wrong with any of them. Our waitress was amazing, she pick my wine for me and it was the right choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beware, even if you are payingrichDined on 8/21/2013beware, even if you are paying top dollar for good food, they dont give free refills on juice or pop drinks....Special Features:
- Nice for any eveningDscottDined on 8/10/2013Stayed at casino in Windsor. This was a 5 min walk away. Steaks were excellent. Cook to perfection. Service was very fast. Atmosphere was pleasant except for one unhappy customer that the staff dealt with respectfully and professionally. I would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in a great outdoorbuckeyeinmichiganDined on 8/10/2013Good food in a great outdoor setting. We were very pleased with the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently a front runnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2013My wife and I have been returning to the keg on the water since its opening and have never been dossapointed. The service is always great and the food even better. You can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingwinephantomDined on 7/27/2013We were a party of 8 and the dinner for 1 of the guests was wrong. The staff had to remove and never said what happened. We had to wait and wait for the correct order to be cooked and brought out. Everyone else at the table was almost finished. The waitress never offered any type of compensation. Another meal, prime rib was very stringy and we didn't want to complain because of how long the first incorrect order had taken. This was not the usual good meal at the Keg.Special Features:
- Nice for hanging outSeanDined on 7/26/2013Our meal was decent, Steak wasn't the best, little on the dry side. Drinks were great and server was nice and friendly. Nice place for an evening with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kid Free on a Summer NightMelindaandTomDined on 7/26/2013Great food, great service and great date! We have enjoyed coming to the Keg for 15 years and counting...and still find our selves gravitating to our favorites on the menu. Love the location and the hour and a half stroll down along the river after a yummy satisfying dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth the moneyheath0577Dined on 7/26/2013We had a 5 pm reservation... We waited almost 1.25 hrs for our steaks.. Which were way over done... We rarely saw our waitress at all... We were then brought our bill 2 times by 2 different servers... Which we thought was very funny considering the rest of the time we saw no one... I think that this restaurant is way over priced for the quality of food and service that you get
- Not going back3000Dined on 7/24/2013We had our reservations at 6:30 and didn't get our food until 8, very disappointed. The food was good but cold, didn't complain because we waited to long to get it. Far to expensive (128.00) to have "warm" food brought to you after such a long wait. Waitress just kept apologizing but to me the food should have been discounted.Special Features:
- Love the Staff and Food at the Keglittleroo8068Dined on 7/8/2013The service was amazing! Our waiter came by just enough to make sure that we had everything we needed at all stages of the dinner. The food was excellent. The steak was cook to perfection! We took the waiters suggestion and he did not steer us wrong. The view from the bar of the River was beautiful! I would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!paminmiDined on 7/6/2013The service and food are top notch here. That's why we keep coming back. I had the Summer Sangria with my meal, and it was the best sangria that I've ever had at a restaurant...usually restaurants put so much fruit in the glass that there is barely any sangria, but this had the perfect balance. Looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food&service,but crying kids?SteakmanDined on 6/30/2013Always a treat to go to the keg. The steaks are perfect, the salad's are wonderful. Nice ambience. The only complaint I had this time, is that my wife and I asked for a quiet booth which they granted us. However, a few minutes later, the same hostess brought by a family with very small children that were complaining and crying. The entire restaurant was open for tables and she brought crying kids next to a couple sipping wine? The keg isn't for kids anyways, when you spend $80-$120 per couple for a nice dining experience, the last thing you want is crying kids next to you. Leave the kids with babysitters, or go to McDonalds with them. Our kids stay with babysitters so Mom and Dad can enjoy their night out. Same courtesy back pls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticRickDined on 6/15/2013food was great and veggies were very seasonal and grilled to perfection best french onion i ever ate! cheese came off the rim not burnt, edible...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Meal.........FlymanDined on 6/14/2013The dinner was good...the steaks seem to be getting smaller though....(one time the child's menu steak was bigger than the adult portion....I thought they got the plates mixed up!....but the manager sternly denied it....everyone else at the table could see the difference!) The only issue with this location is if you get stuck in a spot with not much of a view! Overall, it was good and I would go back, but I will request a better seating area to enjoy the views.I would recommend this to a friend.
- This occasion was a customerTrapperDined on 6/10/2013This occasion was a customer appreciation evening, the food, and outstanding service provided an ideal backdrop for achieving our objective.Special Features:
- Great dinner and excellent serviceDianneDined on 6/9/2013We had a delicious dinner and our server was amazing.Special Features:
- Staff very welcoming and thetreasurehouseDined on 6/9/2013Staff very welcoming and the service was excellent. Couldn't ask for better. The bread was hot and fresh and we substituted the spinach salad instead of Caesar and that was not problem for the staff. Steak very excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Restaurant on the WaterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/8/2013This was my first time eating at the Keg, Windsor. I've been to their locations in Toronto many times and have always had good experiences. Everything from the food to the service was exceptional at the Windsor location. Their concern for quality was evident, when the general manager stopped by to check on us...and most of the tables around us as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over PricedCindyDined on 6/8/2013The food was overpriced and expensive for the certain cuts of beef and prime rib served! It was bland and not much variety.Special Features:
- Great night out123456789Dined on 6/4/2013We had a wonderful night out. We were celebrating our 2 year anniversary as well as my birthday. Our server was excellent as was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.