M.Y. China - SF
845 Market Street, 4th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
M.Y. China - SF
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mychinasf.com/
- Phone: 4155803001
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11:00 am-2:45 pm
Lunch: Sat-Sun 11:00 am-2:45 pm
Bar Menu: weekdays 2:30 pm-5:00 pm
Dinner: Sun-Th 3:00 pm-9:00 pm
Dinner: Fri-Sat 3:00 pm-9:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Tony Wu
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from M.Y. China - SF
SEE, TASTE and DISCOVER authentic Chinese cuisine in the heart of downtown San Francisco. Inspired by years of experience traveling through China, we bring the best ingredients, flavors and techniques. Watch our chefs in action as they prepare every dish in front of your eyes. See world champion noodle dancers pull giant balls of dough into thousands of thin noodles. Taste delicate hand-folded dim sum, and live wok-tossed dished, all in our open exhibition kitchen. Discover ancient Chinese tradition brought to life and interpreted in a thoroughly modern way!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerChinese
M.Y. China - SF - Best Restaurants in SOMA ›
M.Y. China - SF reviews from OpenTable diners
237 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (132)good for groups (109)great for lunch (92)special occasion (83)hot spot (44)kid-friendly (43)neighborhood gem (32)great for brunch (24)vibrant bar scene (23)romantic (22)notable wine list (16)late-night find (11)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Late Lunch at M.Y. ChinaTeaspringsDined on 6/13/2014The lunch crowd had left so the server let us have a larger table. He was very accommodating initially but as more guests continued to show up so it got a noisy and he got too busy to check on us. There's a wide variety of food choices on the menu so there is something for everyone. The smoked sea bass was cooked to perfection. The string beans were a popular item and on several tables in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun restaurant in unusual locationDinerJohnDined on 6/11/2014Under the "dome" of the major multi store shopping center in SF and on the top floor are 4 restaurants including MY China. The restaurant has a nice bar and many small plates for those wanting to try a variety of food. We ordered from the regular menu and the portions were really large and the food quite good. The service was great too. We'll definitely go back, even though it is odd to have to go through a shopping complex to get to elevators to get to the restaurant.Special Features:
- not good for people with allergiesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/8/2014My 11 year old son had a severe allergic reaction to the one dish that he was supposed to be able to eat, after the staff promised me that they would take the necessary precaution when preparing the dish.Special Features:
- Great customer service and foodCeliaDined on 6/8/2014So far it's very nice there! My friends and I enjoyed both the food and ambience there. It's a nice place to group chatting and eating together! : )Special Features:
- Dr. Kathleen LevdarOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014You won't be sorry you gave this unique gem a chance. A fresh take on chinese cuisine that will allow pampered San Franciscan aficionados a new Chinese dining experience. Interesting textures and taste mixed with lovely ambience and expert service made for an all around excellent dining treat. We think you'll return often, as we certainly will.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at bestMattBVIPDined on 6/2/2014There is nothing bad about this place, but there is nothing great either. The prices are reasonable at least, but ultimately the food is not worth going out of your way for.Special Features:
- MangiaDined on 6/1/2014Our lunch was wonderful. The food was great and we enjoyed our special birthday party. One annoying thing was there was a busboy who kept grabbing the plates the second he thought we were finished without asking if we were done. It made us feel like we were being rushed even though the restaurant was not full at the time. Overall we had a great time and would definitely go back again!! HollyI would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy foodcailachDined on 5/31/2014We've eaten here a few times and it's always good - from the cocktails to the cream puffs! Love the Piking duck and the green beans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK -Maybe an Off Night?BelloSFDined on 5/31/2014We had really poor service during our visit. We had made a reservation for 5:30pm on Sat and apparently our server didn't show up to work, or was late, etc, as we waited for 20 minutes before we finally had to flag someone down for water. It didn't get better from there. The people next to us were being served, and people who arrived after us received immediate attention. When we did get someone to the table, their first words were "I'm not your server". Same with the next two people and no one took our order. Management had "been informed", but did not come by the table to apologize. If it were me, I would have a comped a glass of wine or something. The overall tenor of "Not my table" from the staff really spoiled the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- M.Y. China--the BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014M.Y. China is the best. The food is outstanding. Watching the chefs cook behind glass one can certainly appreciate their skills. And what can we say about Sarah, our waitress--exceptional, great attention to details and customers, and still time to engage in conversation. She really made a difference. One should also note the teamwork amongst the staff--they have each other's back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/30/2014For really wonderful Chinese food, this restaurant cannot be beat. Don't be turned off by the fact that it is in the Westfield Shopping Center. It's easy to access and has all of the amenities of a stand-alone restaurant. We had been here many times previously for lunch, but this was our first dinner experience and it did not disappoint. The Peking duck was outstanding, extremely moist and wonderful; some of the very best. The appetizers are always amazing and my friends and I love trying them, a really terrific way to begin the meal. And, by ordering lots of different dishes, it's fun to share. The calamari was so good - really a treat. This restaurant definitely has our votes for repeat business.Special Features:
- MYCHINAbobbies75thVIPDined on 5/30/2014Food was just so-so. Portions were big, but that is all MY China has going for it. Well, at least we tried it. Service just so-so also.
- My granddaughters' favoriteCrissiVIPDined on 5/30/2014This is a special treat for adults as well as kids and service is good no matter how many in your party! Love it!Special Features:
- Adequate Chinese FoodSCFoodieVIPDined on 5/26/2014We had seen M.Y. China on Check Please Bay Area and tried it even thought there are many great Chinese restaurants in San Francisco. It is a nice space in Westfield Mall. The service was great. Our waiter was friendly, attentive and made some good recommendations. Unfortunately, the food was a bit of a disappointment. We ordered a variety of appetizers, entrees and noodle dishes and were underwhelmed. A lobster special was flavorful but came with the lobster chopped up and no implements to get the meat out of the shell. Most of the noodle dishes were not memorable and the highly recommended Chairman Mao Chicken tough and comparable to chicken nuggets at a fast food joint. On a positive note, the egg puff dessert was excellent!
- Phenomenal for a food courtInkillableVIPDined on 5/25/2014MY China is located in a food court, which is sad because I missed it on more than one occasion assuming the food wouldn't be that great. Boy was I wrong. The food is great, everything I have tried there is awesome. I will suggest if you go, order the Peking Duck, and 4 extra buns. Portions are big, so the $20 portion is more than enough for two. Just get some dumplings before and you'll leave happy and satisfied. Inside, the ambience is great too, you quickly forget you're in a mall, and the kitchen is in full view. Service is always impeccable, if a little slow, but never had an issue thus far.Special Features:
- Girls night outNettyDined on 5/25/2014My friends and I were out in the city for GNO. We wanted to try M.Y. China for dinner prior to our late night destination. My friends with me were not as adventurous with food as I am so we stuck to basic Chinese food. There's nothing basic about this food. Everything was delicious! We started with fried calamari, and chef choice dim sum for appetizers. For entres we had chairman maos chicken, da dao fish noodles, honey glazed walnut shrimp, with steamed rice. For dessert we shared the sugar egg puffs. The food was amazing, and the service was impeccable. Since my girls were not so adventurous I ordered a couple items to go as well. I ordered the Peking duck, and the squid ink snap noodles w/seafood. Best "left overs" I've ever had. 😋Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious unique ChineseAlisaDined on 5/23/2014All of the sauces are made in house, homemade noodles, great staff all make for a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 567 reviews are from the M.Y. China - SF reviews archive.
- Take away the plates please....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014No one seems to know how to take the plates away. I had 2 guys present what I've ordered, look at the stack of plates that I neatly set aside, and they just walked away after their 10 second verbal overview of the food. Don't they know that folks don't want all the plates sitting around? In terms of the food - there's 'zero' innovation here - you can get the same food at R&D Lounge, Koi Palace, etc. - MY China has taken some of the 'tapas' type foods I thought were so cool out of the menu, a mistake.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC LUNCHmal162Dined on 5/17/2014Beautiful restaurant, friendly professional service, interesting and delicious food. Highlight was open kitchen - man displaying to art of making the long noodle by hand - a show in itself. Dim sum - noodle soup - wild boar noodles - string beans - all outstanding. Egg cups for dessert was the perfect end to a perfect lunch. Thank you Martin Yan for a special and delightful experience. I will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rcviewDined on 5/16/2014Food and drink were excellent and servers were knowledgeable and helpful.Special Features:
- M.Y. China is great!JorgeDined on 5/15/2014We really enjoyed our meal. The dishes were uniformly excellent and amazing. It's the first time my party was seated out in the Rotunda; those tables have a nice open feeling and the Rotunda section is actually quieter than the cozier, more romantically-lit areas inside the restaurant itself. And Martin Yan himself stopped by our table--twice! He was gracious enough to even pose for photos with some of our group. All in all, a very special evening.Special Features:
- AMAZING FOODNCHJVIPDined on 5/11/2014IM FROM PERU AND ITS THE BEST CHINESE PLACE IVE HAD SINCE WE MOVED TO SFO.
- Good, but has been betterFantasticFoodieDined on 5/11/2014M.Y. China has remained at the top of our dining favorites since our first visit in 2013. Two menu items have stood the test of time and remain outstanding in taste pleasures -- the Peking Duck and their Sugar donuts dessert. If one happens to "luck in" when this restaurant is offering either a special lunch or dinner we say "Go For It." The value and taste exploration has always been delightfully memorable. We were there on Mother's Day -- the taste of the Peking Duck was superb once again; alas, the presentation and plating was not the same. Great food is a taste for the eyes before a caress to the palate and then the tummy so the aforementioned was a disappointment.Special Features:
- Shopping Mall Surprise!BroadwayFanVIPDined on 5/10/2014Michael Yan's restaurant is a true gem to find in the food court of the SF Westfield Shopping Center - sit at the counter to watch the experts hand-pull or scissor-cut fresh noodles for a fun food-as-theater experience. Tasty, well seasoned and spiced food and pretty cocktails too!Special Features:
- Great Food in Great LocationGoodFoodAndOpenTableFanVIPDined on 5/9/2014After being introduced to the restaurant by trustworthy foodie friends and greatly enjoying our meal, we returned, this time introducing it other friends. We love this place. The food is very, very good, everything we ordered was excellent. The wine list reflects the careful selection of wines which complement the food. The ambiance strikes a good balance between pleasant but not too noisy. And, we like the convenience of the location. Thank you Martin Yang for opening this wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's MY restaurantSamMDined on 5/9/2014We were the company of 7 people, and we ordered family setting. Every dish was delicious. Quality and freshness were outstanding. Love the restaurant. Definitely will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredibly succulent crispy chickenBarbaraDined on 5/8/2014Meat dishes were fantastic! Service was excellent, we were late and in a rush due to having ballet tickets. Sever and bus staff were calm and kept us on time. Veggie dishes were good but bland as was the 2 seafood rice. Now that we have a better idea of what to order, we'll definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/6/2014I've eaten here a number of times for each meal service and came with a group of 11. We all ordered different things and shared and it was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out in SFTonyDined on 5/2/2014We loved it and the manager came to our table to check on us, we would defiantly come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for LunchstareginaVIPDined on 5/2/2014Great choice for lunch in Westfield Mall. Innovative New Chinese Cuisine with traditional twist. Love it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank You M.Y.DinoDined on 5/2/2014The food is consistently wonderful. The prix fixe lunch was a great bargain for $25 each. Three full courses, including a selection of four dim sum. There is another prix fixe for $19. M Y China knows how to apply the heat to the food in a knock out way. The only thing i feel is lacking at this place under the dome at Westfield Center, is experienced or well trained service. It is good enough or adequate but really not on top of things. From the bar on out to the table one feels that the intention is good but lacks in experience. The food always makes up for the good enough service (the food does get to the table).Special Features:
- great foodmohamedDined on 5/1/2014i dined many times ai MY China. I love the lobestor and the other food as well. The service is excellent.Special Features:
- ambitious but not there yetfoodmattersDined on 4/30/2014atmosphere great, service great, food tending towards noveau-chinese but not there yet . they took out the sugar and the msg but the dishes are dry and lack flavor. at least thats how I felt about my favorite dish-kung poa chicken. the tofu appetizer is very yummy and the duck dish sandwich thing quite novel but again, minimal sauce and therefore flavorSpecial Features:
- LunchGuteelternDined on 4/29/2014perfect for lunch during shopping trip. Will try different dishes next time.Special Features:
- OverpricedDisappointedDined on 4/29/2014The chicken I ordered was o.k., but rather expensive at $16.00, with sides like rice charged separately. I had lunch with a friend and they served our orders at different times, instead of bringing them together. There was more than a five minute wait for her order and my side of rice.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/28/2014Very nice evening. Hostess was most gracious in seating us at table of our choice.Special Features:
- Quite a disappointmentFoodie22VIPDined on 4/26/2014If you want expensive, average Chinese food, go to M.Y. China. The dim sum was not tasty and some were soggy in texture. Their hand pulled noodles had wonderful texture but the preparation was nothing exceptional. The service was terrible. I had made reservation asking to be seated where we could see the noodle pulling and that we were there to celebrate a birthday. We were not seated where we could see the noodle pulling, and there was absolutely no acknowledgment regarding birthday celebration. In addition, we asked for help with menu selections from the wait person and got poor recommendations.
- Amazing lobster presentation!Foodiesf65VIPDined on 4/19/2014It had been far too long since visiting MY CHINA for lunch. I noticed a new change in their menu when the entire middle section now features lobster from six different provinces from China. I saw a table a few seats away have a lobster hot pot presented to their group and thought, "what an indulgent lunch but what the heck". So I asked my server about the lobster, she told me that they are delivered live, that the garlic golden dish was the best, most clean presentation, and that it would be $58.00 actually not bad for a two Lund live lobster so that is what we ordered. The lobster flavors got an A, but the cellophane noodles that were under the golden lobster got an A+. That was such a an amazing way to enjoy lunch. So going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!Partyof4VIPDined on 4/18/2014Absolutely great food, great service and great location. You need to try for yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but horrible serviceSandraDined on 4/17/2014This was my second time to M.Y. China for lunch for a business meeting with a large party. It's a good restaurant for large groups and also helps that you can make reservations. Overall, everyone enjoyed their food, but the service was not great. I understand that the menu is set up for family-style eating - to be expected for Asian cuisine. However, if they are going to offer "Two- or Three-course" lunch options, you would think that the staff would understand that each dish is meant for a specific person and not for the group. Each person in our party ordered the 2-course lunch and the staff would bring out each dish and just put it in the middle of the table. Quite disappointing for a pricier restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.