1072 Denman Street
Vancouver, BC V6G 2M8Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.centralbistro.com/
- Phone: 6046894527
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00 pm - 12:00 am, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 pm - 1:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Continental, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Nick Gazdag
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Jazz every Sunday begining at 8:00 pm.
A word from Central Bistro
Central Bistro offers freshly made "comfort food' and we advertise the fact that it's 'where the locals eat'. And they do — because the food is reasonably priced and the quality is reliable. In fact, our menu is made with fresh ingredients, from scratch, every day. We have a casual atmosphere and we make sure you'll get good service so that you can enjoy your time in our restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Central Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)fit for foodies (9)romantic (8)hot spot (7)special occasion (5)good for groups (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Special times.. special RestaurantQuietkeyDined on 1/3/2014We found this gem of a Restaurant some years ago. We have made this jewel our brunch and dinner destination for our trips into Vancouver. The service ..food..atmosphere have always made things special. The staff are knowledgable and tailor choices for my gf and I (we are vegetarian ) . Just had a special dinner w the help of open table and my girlfriend just raves About our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great timeJuviDined on 12/22/2013We (my husband, my son and I) chose a Sunday night to dine out and Central Bistro was a good fit because had live Jazz music. We enjoyed the food, the service, and the atmosphere created by the live music. We didn't find anything to complain about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value, delicious food!TerryVIPDined on 12/14/2013We really enjoyed our meal: shared the huge arugula salad, followed by entrees of pasta and salmon with delicious accompanying veggies. Great value in the West End!Special Features:
- Great little restaurant withweluv2dineoutDined on 12/7/2013Great little restaurant with outstanding food with good value. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CozyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2013Central Bistro is a cozy little place. Laid back and personable is how I would personally describe it. I've been to this restaurant several times over the years, more often for breakfast, and the service and food are always commendable. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Love this place!GreenmamaDined on 11/17/2013The service is great. The food is amazing and the band is definitely fantastic. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Casual dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2013Very casual and comfortable dining experience. Food was fresh and tasted great. Very hospitable and attended our requests promptlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighbourhood GemkimwongDined on 11/8/2013Firendly service. Genleman sorry did not get name. We wanted to sit by the fireplace but he steered us to another table because it was facing the washroom. Much appreciated. Good service without being intrusive. Had mussells appetizer for $12 with chiorizi, very tasty and plump and tender. Beef ribs were delicious and tender. Steak was medium rare very tasty Date Pudding Cake was awesome. Generous portion with ice cream on the side. used coupon $29 . Great value.Special Features:
- ExcellentJonathanDined on 11/6/2013A great place is all I can say...Definitely know how to cook a steak :)Special Features:
- Central BistroDRN9779Dined on 10/30/2013Central Bistro is a great place to dine in the West End. The food is great for brunch or dinner. The servers are always very friendly and helpful. I am gluten free and they are very aware of what I can or can't eat and their gluten free menu has lots of options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Central is my go to placeOriginalmouseDined on 10/24/2013Central is my go to place to eat, because I know I will have a good meal and great service. There is something yummy for everyone; vegetarians, carnivores, and everyone else under the sun. Even hipster vampires will be happy. Melissa is a fun, friendly, personable waitress who makes you feel welcome. This bistro is a true neighbourhood gem, that makes you feel like Norm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Denman DelightTonyVIPDined on 10/19/2013Central Bistro is an excellent place to enjoy a glass of wine and a meal. In electric English Bay, Central Bistro offers charm and simple elegance that's close to home. I enjoyed a Bistro Burger that was highly seasoned and very juicy. Good wine choices by the glass and the bottle. If you are meeting someone near home and you want to spend time in a place with a relaxed atmosphere, Bistro is a good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BashIan2013Dined on 10/14/2013My daughter found her birthday dinner to be a memorable experience and that is all that matters to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice place, food is mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2013The only issue I have is the food is becoming mediocre at best. A year ago when I ordered the Lobster Eggs Benedict, they served it with real chunks of lobster, now it's being served with canned flakes of lobster but the restaurant is still charging the same price for it. The Grilled Copper Salmon I had the other night was decent, but nothing exciting. Again, the salmon didn't taste fresh and it tasted only ok.Special Features:
- FunOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2013The music was excellent, food was good and ambience cool and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Cafem0wallDined on 8/26/2013This is my second time to the Central Bistro and I loved the chicken so much I ordered it again. The interior is dark and moody, perfect for a romantic dinner or a cocktails with friends at the bar. The food is rustic with fairly large proportions and the drink list has some great deals on their daily features. I definitely will be back but next time for their Sunday live jazz night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPOT ON!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2013Came for a birthday dinner, 3 in our party, FOOD AMAZING!! The kitchen is REALLY on top of their food prep! Great menu, gorgeous presentation, high quality options. Been coming here for years but this is the best the food has been ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Central Bistro - aka: Cental Club ?GermanGuysDined on 8/4/2013Inspired by the listing in our hotel guest book we set up a reservation at the Cental Bistro via its web-site. The variety of offered food and wines is creative and of a high level quality - just excellent. And I have to mention at really fair prices. Service warm and friendly. BUT in total the positive impression of food and service crashed down for the total balance as the noice level of the location was not only noisy but an attack at our ears! Wether music played by CD or the live performed jazz-band played, the level of volume was definitely too loud for enjoying dinner or for a conversation. We had to speak really loud or even yell to keep a conversation going. No ambience to enjoy food, nor wine and no chance for any conversation.
- Excellent music don Stewart AndOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2013Excellent music don Stewart And service very pleasant eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasantly surprised!....OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/14/2013Our server helped make our dinner a memorable one for all the right reasons. The hostess originally sat the 6 of us where the band was setting up, he found an outdoor spot that worked perfectly. The cocktails were tasty with fresh garnishes. The starters of salad and clams were a hit, and the entrees were all outstanding. Live music (blues/rock/jazz) being played inside was audible, but not too loud. Our server was very good, and our dinner was a success. A big slice of complimentary chocolate cake for my wife's birthday (from Butters, Kerrisdale - fantastic!!) and forks for us all, finished it off. Prices are quite reasonable considering the varied, and delicious menu. We were impressed, and will recommend Central Bistro to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good sangria...polyDined on 6/28/2013The salad was soooo good. Every night they have special drinks....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/27/2013This little corner bistro has an amazing menu with the best quality food I have had in ages at such reasonable prices. If you want 5 star food for 3 star prices, this is the place. Fantastic drinks menu and great service with friendly and flexible staff. Highly recommended for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistro Dining covers the basesnixyDined on 6/9/2013Food good service wonderful loved the jazz night and alive laid back easy atmosphere Came from NZ, felt at home here and welcomeSpecial Features:
- Truly a local gemsweettoothDined on 5/27/2013We love this restaurant! It truly is a local gem. We haven't tried one thing on the menu that wasn't fantastic. The chef and pastry chef are great. We will keep coming back.Special Features:
- Social FunNatsullyDined on 5/15/2013The Charcuterie Platter was a perfect sharing plate - delicious meats, yummy cheese, and really nice fruit chutneys and nuts to accompany. The $5 wine special was a bonus, and the Pinot Grigio was really good!! We had a group of 10 people and they changed my booking the same day to accommodate our new time.Special Features:
- More noise than actionVoicewomanDined on 5/10/2013Although the food was quite good- it took a long time to arrive - and it wasn't a difficult order- steak frites, burger, and beef bourginon (which would have been pre-prepared) The restaurant wasn't that busy when we ordered- we did not have appetizers- so the excuse that the kitchen got slammed didn't cut it. I have had much better service from the kitchen on previous visits. Very noisy on Sat night- and an offer to turn down the music never happened. Would think twice about taking people there again.Special Features:
- The restaurant is casual andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2013The restaurant is casual and a little noisy but the food is great. The mussel appetizer was delicious and every dish we had i.e ribs, steak and trout was well prepared and earned 9 out of 10. Service was excellent. I definitely will be back.Special Features:
- Always somethingmitchbDined on 4/22/2013Had the made in house veggie burger on last weeks bun?? bad enough was the veggie burger but the bun fell apart instantly it was like eating cardboard with condiments. I left it in its fallen apart state on my plate and had dinner at the cup cake shop down the street!! Third time at central and our future doesn't look good
- A friend visiting from TorontoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/14/2013A friend visiting from Toronto suggested we go for dinner because of the jazz on Sunday night. The food was delicious, our waiter charming and very helpful and the music great. We appreciated being seated towards the back so we could enjoy the music but it didn't overwhelm us. I had had brunch about a year ago and enjoyed that as well. I'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- We had an early evening reservationJonathanDined on 3/19/2013We had an early evening reservation so it was quiet. Sat near fireplace...instead of window as it was a rainy day. Was nice to have the choice. Colin, our server, was excellent...very attentive and answered our questions. Overall a great meal at a good price.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!148julesVIPDined on 3/11/2013Excellent food and service! The server was really on top of his game - very impressed!!! And the beef short ribs the best in town. Venison carpaccio very tasty. Had a great evening.Special Features:
- Simple but GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/7/2013Nice place. Simple but good food. Better than I expected. I'll go back.Special Features:
- Great flavour, server had a bad dayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/5/2013Excellent good, as usual. Today the server apparently misheard one of the orders, which was bizarre because we asked for a specific item and she pointed it out the item on the I, then brought something different. The correct meal came later, obviously, but amazingly quickly. Kudos to the kitchen for speed and taste.Special Features:
- The is a neighbourhood gem.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/4/2013The is a neighbourhood gem. If you have not stopped in...give it a try!Special Features:
- Great jazz nighttwopiscesDined on 3/3/2013We went for Sunday night jazz. We really enjoyed the trio. The room filled up for the set and made for great ambiance. I had the portobello mushroom entrée. It was one of the best vegetarian dishes I've ever had. My husband had the chicken and also thoroughly enjoyed it. We would highly recommend this restaurant and their jazz night.Special Features:
- Excellent food, fried capersOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/22/2013Excellent food, fried capers on salmon ravioli were great as was the sauce, huge portion of short ribs, and candied bacon sticky toffee pudding was ridiculously good! Good beer list too, certainly a few that you don't see other places Will be back!Special Features:
- Service was great, food veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Service was great, food very well presented and tasted delicious.
- Had a great dinner on Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013Had a great dinner on Valentine's Day. Service was attentive and not too rushed. Overall we had an excellent dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Food was 5 Star!palsrDined on 2/14/20135 Star food and service...hugely surprising find...my highest compliments to the chef...most excellent! Telling all friends and planning on coming back soon!Special Features:
- If you haven't stopped in,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/31/2013If you haven't stopped in, give it a try. We did...and we keep coming back. Great food thoughtfully prepared and presented. Very professional and friendly service.Special Features: