Red Papaya Ale & Spirits
530 1st Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
VietnamesePrice: $30 and under
Red Papaya Ale & Spirits
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.redpapayaales.com/
- Phone: 2062836614
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Vietnamese, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
A word from Red Papaya Ale & Spirits
Red Papaya Ales and Spirits is located in the lower Queen Anne neighborhood, walking distance to Key Arena, Seattle Center, McCaw Hall and Intiman Theater. It's your neighborhood hangout for Asian Fusion, Vietnamese, and vegetarian influenced cuisine. The Red Papaya also offers a variety 18 craft beers on draft. Come on by if you know what "GOOD PHO WHAT ALES YA"!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Red Papaya Ale & Spirits reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Took a chance...MalaeaVIPDined on 6/28/2014Took a chance on Red Papaya because I liked the name. I needed to find a place to eat before the Cher D2K Concert in Seattle. Not knowing anything about the area or the restaurants in Seattle Center I took a shot in the dark. They did not disappoint! We started with the Bacon Wrapped Shrimp and Shrimp Summer Rolls. I had the Kalbi plate, and my friend had the Ginger Chicken Pho, everything was delicious! They are a small place, so if you want a table without the wait, make a reservation. The bar is well stocked, so you will have a nice selection of drinks. The noise level can get a little loud, but if you show up early like we did, you can get in & out before the real party crowd shows up. I would eat here again next time I'm in Seattle!Special Features:
- Great PhoDVEousVIPDined on 6/4/2014I really love the pho with the de-lite noodles, they're made from zucchini, are much lower in carbs and taste delicious. Can't believe they're made from zucchini because the texture is fantastic. Give it a try, you'll be pleasantly surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pho!OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 5/31/2014Really nice, unpretentious food, goes really well with the lengthy list of draft beers. Had a very satisfying dinner, at a very satisfying price.Special Features:
- The following 15 reviews are from the Red Papaya Ale & Spirits reviews archive.
- The food was fantastic, andthetexannaDined on 3/29/2014The food was fantastic, and they did a great job of personalizing my salad. The prices were good as well. BUT, the service was slow! There were several empty tables around us, but it took 25 minutes to get our food! I'll definitely be back though!
- Food good but don't expect to talkSparkyDined on 2/19/2014Eclectic menu of Vietnamese, Thai, etc. Wife didn't like the fried rolls. Unappealing appearance. Spicy chicken dish was very good. Noise level very, very high on a Wednesday night at 7. Had to almost yell to carry on a conversation. A lot of restaurants seem to be like that these days and patrons seem to have a good time, but if you want to have a quiet ambience I wouldn't recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good but theSophiaDined on 12/12/2013The food was good but the place is loud, loud, loud! Don't take a date here, you will never be heard. My friend and I had to text each other to have a conversation. Must be the acoustics.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love It.KtLGDined on 12/6/2013New go-to place before Key Arena events. Love the veggie twists available. Eclectic Menu -something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Vietnamese food!ChattyKathyDined on 12/4/2013We just returned from Vietnam and found the food at Red Papaya to be just as good as what we had there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun casual restaurant. GoodDionysiaDined on 10/20/2013A fun casual restaurant. Good food and drinks. Our group ordered (tall & short) beers, wine and an assortment of cocktails. The only problem we had is that the space has a cement floor and brick walls which don't absorb sound. The noise was incredible - we could only hear the person next to us. It might be better to go with 2 or 4 people on a busy night. The service was good - especially with a busy and noisy restaurant.Special Features:
- Walking distance to Key ArenaluvfoodDined on 10/20/2013Ate at Red Papaya before a recent concert and we were not disappointed. The service was excellent! The Yam Fries are a must, perfectly cooked and served with a delicious dipping sauce. Egg rolls were really good too. Yellow curry was flavorful, but not too spicy. Nice portions. The only complaint is it was VERY loud. It's a pretty small place and 1 loud table pretty much ruined any dinner conversation we might have had. Don't know if sound echoes off the brick walls or why it's so loud, but it was crazy loud. It gets pretty crowded on event nights, so I recommend making a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For lunch enjoyed a fish sandwichsfseattleVIPDined on 10/10/2013For lunch enjoyed a fish sandwich on a toasted roll with a side of French fried yams. The sandwich and fries arrived hot and were tasty. Very good service was provided by Jen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What the Pho?DVEousVIPDined on 10/4/2013Never would've thought this place has Vietnamese food. The pho was excellent, big bowl of noodles, lots of meat and a side plate of jalapeños, basil and bean sprouts for 8 bucks. The shrimp and chicken crispy rolls were really excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All the food had great flavors.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/18/2013All the food had great flavors. Service was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat CustomersOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/21/2013We've been here several times...we have tickets for On The Boards and this place is convenient for a pre-show meal. Always good eats and nice beer selection. The mojitos are delicious.Special Features:
- Great waitress, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/2/2013Great waitress, excellent service, reasonable prices. Wanted to love it. Unfortunately the food was only so-so. I might go back for drinks and appetizers sometime since it is so close to where i live, but dinner? nope.Special Features:
- Delicious and varied menu.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2013Delicious and varied menu. Perfect for dinner before going to theatre or event at Seattle Center.Special Features:
- We'll be backOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/6/2012Great time here. Very friendly and knowledgeable waitress who really mushed things along when I mentioned we were going to a theater event and had a limited amount of time to dine. fish and chips were great, crab cream cheese wontons yummy, and the spring rolls very fresh and tasty. My drink took quite a while to prepare, so the waitress said it was on the house. Love it when the wait staff addresses an issue before I have to. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Most everything we orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/3/2012Most everything we ordered was good and the prices were reasonable by lower Queen Anne standards. We'll definitely be back.Special Features: