7523 3rd Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11209Neighborhood:
Middle EasternPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tanoreen.com/
- Phone: 7187485600
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm -10:30pm, Saturday: 10:30am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 10:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Rawia Bishara
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Tanoreen
Featured on the pages of Gourmet, Plate, New York Magazine, The New Yorker, The New York Times, Village Voice, Time Out NY and more. Appearances on the Food Network"s 'Best Thing I Ever Ate', ABC News, NY1, PBS and more. Tanoreen varies in it's fusions, but never deviates from its roots; a harmonious blend of classical Middle Eastern home-style cooking. Typically, Middle Eastern cuisine is relegated to dishes of falafel or hummus, but Tanoreen goes above and beyond to take Middle Eastern cuisine to its most traditional and innovative forms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Tanoreen - Best Restaurants in Bay Ridge ›
Tanoreen reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (63)fit for foodies (59)good for groups (40)special occasion (27)romantic (18)kid-friendly (16)great for lunch (15)hot spot (10)great for brunch (7)late-night find (4)notable wine list (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- noise levelJadedDined on 8/1/2013It's horrible in the dining room. You just yell over everyone else who is probably not yelling but the acoustics are horrendous. Get an enclosed patio table if you can. Also, service is ok. Simply not acceptable to not offer a drink (soda or alcohol) to someone waiting for the rest of their party to show up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All-around great experiencenewbrooklyniteDined on 7/20/2013We don't often eat out, so when we do, it's a big event, and we want everything to go well. There were no disappointments at Tanoreen. In fact, we left feeling that every penny was well-spent. All staff we interacted with was friendly, and we felt well-taken-care-of. Water glasses were kept full, always a sign of attentive waiters. The Brussels sprouts appetizer was excellent, as was the baked eggplant appetizer. Lamb kebabs were very good, but might have been a bit better if marinated in some way before grilling. It felt like a real neighborhood restaurant in that the staff conversed with us and would remember us if we returned. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out with FriendshummusloverDined on 7/18/2013The food overall was great. The hummus was average, which is odd, considering that everything else tasted great. The baba ganoush was perfect, the bbq meats were nicely made. I was sad that there wasn't fresh pita and the zaatar was a bit too sour, but overall, the evening was great. I was able to introduce my friends to some of my favorite middle eastern eats and the staff were very nice. We also had a party of 5 and one person came late but they were flexible about seating us right away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the Hummus, Eggplant napoleon,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/6/2013Get the Hummus, Eggplant napoleon, and the cauliflower for sure!Special Features:
- Always GreatPearl88Dined on 6/27/2013I always enjoy eating here. Trying new dishes. New flavors...yum. Staff is also super friendly. Can't wait to come back, again and again and again.....Special Features:
- so many choices, must returnanonymousVIPDined on 6/16/2013Went here for Father's Day lunch. Quiet at first, then as more tables filled noise was excessive. BUT the food is outstanding and the service great- friendly, patient and professional without being stuffy. This is a wonderful restaurant. It's relaxed and informal but with attention paid to the quality of it's food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very delicious and authenticTweetVIPDined on 6/16/2013Very delicious and authentic middle eastern (Palestinian) cuisine. Great ambiance for a nice dinner, but not too stuffySpecial Features:
- Return Visit was Outstandingindy417Dined on 6/14/2013We went out with people from out of town and we all had a wonderful experience. This is the best Middle Eastern in the city. Its menu is unique. Don't miss the Knafeh for dessert. Delicious!, like nothing you have ever had before.Special Features:
- this is some of the best arabOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/11/2013this is some of the best arab food you can get in the city and not over priced considering the quality. the menu includes things which you rarely find on menus and usually only eat at someone's home. everything we tried was excellent and our whole group raved about it afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service & delicious foodWingVIPDined on 6/2/2013This was my second time dinning there. Sure enough that I have not been disappointed. The food is cooked well with spices. Service is excellent and fast. I will be there soon to try the other dishes. So far I had tried their squash and grape leaves--light, healthy and delicious. Mediterranean grilled chicken--the pesto sauce is to die for. Lamb sham--big piece of it and tender; just use a fork and the meat will fall apart, yum! Eggplant salad--good, but too small portion. Eggplant Neapolitan--creative dish and like the texture of the whole appetizer, crispy outside of the breaded eggplant but soft inside and chopped salad around it. So satisfying, but again, I would like to have a bigger portion of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tanoreen always pleases. ServiceTomCVIPDined on 6/1/2013Tanoreen always pleases. Service was friendly and professional and the food-Fatoush, Eggplant Napoleon, Sea Bass, Tilapia- was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- takes mideastern to a new leveldsveeDined on 6/1/2013nothing was less than delicious! we had fish, appetizers, salads, and lentil stew. everything was thoughtfully seasoned and fresh-tasting. vegetables and lentils were esp good. also the eggplant Napoleon.Special Features:
- Wonder meal but too much noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2013Noise aside, the place was really good. Certainally a local spot - olts of families, lots of friends greeting. We all enjoyed our meals and the interaction with Mama. She clearly takes great pride in her restaurant and rightly so. It's a bit out of our usual orbit but when in the neighborhood we'd go again.Special Features:
- Great service & foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/22/2013Food was delicious and service is very attentive! Would recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy! My new fav spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2013Went for Mother's Day, actually the day before. The food was fantastic ! Got pistachio martini... Yum ...tasted like spumoni. Eggplant Napoleon ... Chicken fetti. Hubby got lamb sliders and the 3 shish Cabob.... I loved everything.... Service was great.... Attentive and friendly. If you like this kind of food you should really go... I enjoyed myself thoroughly ,Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in Bay RidgeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2013Best restaurant of its kind in NYC. have been there 5 times and every dish has been exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!Scott3794Dined on 5/11/2013I heard from word of mouth that the food was very good here, so I did some research and read the reviews and they were excellent across the board. When we arrived we were promptly seated and the service was very attentive. As for the food? ... Lets just say that it delivered on everything as promised. The hummus was sublime and don't forget to have dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/11/2013Delicious, fresh food - drinks were exquisite. Plan on coming back again and again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I can't count how many friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/4/2013I can't count how many friends have recommended Tanoreen to me when I mention I live in Bay Ridge. I finally went when my boyfriend's parents were in town and it definitely lived up to the hype. The food was perfect -- best brussels sprouts I've ever had, and the eggplant napoleon and vegetarian eggplant entree were both incredible. The servers were very attentive and there was great pacing between courses. Excellent place to take parents or out-of-town guests, or just for a nice dinner in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodjoemessDined on 5/4/2013Although I've been living in the neighborhood for years, I never visited Tanoreen...until recently. Food was phenomenal and service superb. I'm visiting again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TANOREEN NEVER, EVER DISAPPOINTS.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/28/2013TANOREEN NEVER, EVER DISAPPOINTS. THE FOOD IS UNIQUE & AMAZING. RAWIA'S RECIPES & SPICES ARE LIKE NONE OTHER. TANOREEN IS THE ONLY RESTAURANT I FREQUENT THAT I THOROUGHLY ENJOY EACH & EVERY AND I GLADLY PAY THE CHECK AND GIVE MY MONEY WITH ALL MY HEART. HERE'S TO YOU, RAWIA & THE STAFF @ TANOREEN!!!Special Features:
- My husband and I have eatenBrooklynFoodieDined on 4/26/2013My husband and I have eaten at Tanoreen many times. We have never been disappointed with the food or service. We tend to order a selection of appetizers, both hot and cold, instead of an entree because we love to try different things on the extensive menu. While Tanoreen serves many middle-Eastern favorites, it also prepares dishes that are not as well known. Everything, and I mean everything, is delicious. And the ingredients are always fresh. The staff is attentive, helpful, and spirited. A wonderful local spot in Bay Ridge, but be sure to make reservations, especially for dinner. Word has spread about Tanoreen's great food; it draws crowds from all over Brooklyn, and even from Manhattan.Special Features:
- Terrific middle eastern food.PaleOneVIPDined on 4/26/2013Terrific middle eastern food. Many dishes you won't find elsewhere. Try the Brussel sprout appetizer, even if you think you don't like Brussel sprouts. You won't be disappointed! A wonderful meal all around.Special Features:
- Each dish was cooked to perfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2013Each dish was cooked to perfection and absolutely excellent ( kale, lentil squash, tilapia, gluten free cake).More than enough choices for vegetarians. The ambiance was warm and cozy. And the wait staff very attentive. And a pleasant surprise for the owner to come and greet each table. I will be coming again and again! I am even recommending it to my Manhattan friends to take the worthwhile trip for a great meal.Special Features:
- I read a lot of rave reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2013I read a lot of rave review about the food at Tanoreen. I didn't care for it. I mean it wasn't bad, but nothing to rave about either. Great service, friendly staff.
- I always love to visit Tanoreen.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/10/2013I always love to visit Tanoreen. The best hummus on earth, tried and true regular menu items and interesting daily specials if you decide to branch out!Special Features:
- Everything was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/2/2013Everything was delicious and I love the ambiance, staff, etc...Special Features:
- Hi, The food was fresh andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Hi, The food was fresh and good but stingy on the lamb.... The girl serving us had a thinly veiled nasty, miserable demeanor... Would go again because the food was fresh but don't expect service with a smile....Special Features:
- Some of the best Lebanese in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2013I love Tanoreen. The food is always some of the best Middle Eastern food I've eaten in NYC. To note: the plates of food are large so my wife and I usually share one appetizer, one salad and one main dish. We're vegetarians, and love the vegetarian Mousaka with eggplant. Also, it is quite noisy, so try and sit in the back area of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Tanoreen never disappoints.MTCCVIPDined on 3/26/2013Tanoreen never disappoints. Delicious food and good service made for a very enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- Absolutely the best-Not to be misseEVFoodieVIPDined on 3/23/2013If you've never been here, you are missing out on one of the truly special experiences one can have in New York. We were here for my father's birthday celebration - a party of six, including 2 vegetarians. All I can say is that the food was outstanding (as always), and the warmth of the greeting from the owners and staff was truly special. Almost a week later, my father is still buzzing about the afternoon. Any of the mezze that you can out together in various sized platters are worth the trip, but especially the cauliflower, the brussel sprouts, and the special eggplant salad. And the desserts are wonderful (if you have room) - delicious, and unusual carrot cake!Special Features:
- This is a truly popular place,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013This is a truly popular place, very crowded on the weekend. The food is very good, but reservations are a must, and the crowds and noise level on the weekend detract from the experience.Special Features:
- I love Tanoreen! It has beenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2013I love Tanoreen! It has been a neighborhood favorite of mine for years. The food is just scrumptious. There is nothing on the menu I don't love.Special Features:
- Amazing food! Great flavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Amazing food! Great flavors and great cocktails. Wonderful experience. Everyone who works at Tanoreen was lovely, and it made for such a wonderful evening. I can't wait to go back. Thanks, Tanoreen!Special Features:
- Always great. Never had anythingNYCMarineDined on 3/9/2013Always great. Never had anything even close to averageSpecial Features:
- Best Middle Eastern food intrappe21VIPDined on 3/8/2013Best Middle Eastern food in NY - possibly in the country. The owner's cookbook about to come out, will be very exciting.Special Features:
- Superb, high quality foodMTCCVIPDined on 2/27/2013Superb, high quality food made for a very memorable dining experience. We were delighted with our entire meal. The only downside was the noise level, which was quite high due to a few tables of very loud patronsSpecial Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)BillJVIPDined on 2/24/2013We like Tanoreen a great deal. Always excellent, friendly service, and very good food. It is a great place to take friends and family. We will definitely go back there to try some more of the more exotic dishes.
- Food was great. Good selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/24/2013Food was great. Good selection for vegetarians. The portions were big for main course. We were celebrating the B'days of two friends. All of us were very happy with the food, service and ambiance. The price was not expensive either. On the whole it was really a HAPPY celebration.Special Features:
- Still at the top of her gameEVFoodieVIPDined on 2/17/2013Every visit to Tanoreen is simply a revelation! Order an assortment of appetizers, and you can't go wrong, especially if you like vegetables. It almost doesn't matter which ones you pick. Everything is fresh and flavorful. Cauliflower and artichokes have never tasted so good. And the hummus and babaganoush rank with the best we've ever had. Rawia, the owner, frequently circulates through the dining room, but what's most impressive is her presence and oversight in the kitchen. She exudes warmth and a love for food and her culture that is infectious. Go!Special Features: