Wild Goat Bistro - Petaluma
6 Petaluma Blvd. North
Petaluma, CA 94952Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Wild Goat Bistro - Petaluma
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.wildgoatbistro.com/wildgoatbistro/Home.html
- Phone: 7076581156
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:30am-5:00pm
Dinner: M-Th 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:00pm-9:30pm
Dinner: Su 5:00pm-8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, International
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: The Wild Goat Bistro offers customized catering for whatever the event might be - business meetings, birthday, graduation or anniversary celebrations, corporate events, private dinner parties. Our objectives are to plan well, deliver quality food in creative presentations, serve it professionally and do what it takes to make your event worry free. Unique menus are created for each event - no two events are alike, so why should the food be?
A word from Wild Goat Bistro - Petaluma
Nestled in the historic Great Petaluma Mill, the Wild Goat Bistro offers a casual dining experience in a rustic and inviting atmosphere. The charming space reflects a European style bistro with intimate dining tables, a reclaimed copper-top counter which has a birds-eye view of the open kitchen. There is additional seating available at a community farm table for larger gatherings. The Wild Goat Bistro offers up a menu of honest food that uses local fresh organic ingredients in a variety of culinary traditions. From their specialty Neopolitan style 10" pizzas, to innovative salads, to scrumptious main dishes, to sharable small plates - it is a seasonally changing menu that has something for everyone anytime of the day. Special attention is given to making nearly the entire menu gluten-free - even the amazing home-made desserts. Their carefully curated wine list includes wines from hand crafted, small production local vitners as well as wines of interest from around the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Wild Goat Bistro - Petaluma - Best Restaurants in Petaluma ›
Wild Goat Bistro - Petaluma reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)great for lunch (33)fit for foodies (32)great for outdoor dining (12)romantic (11)special occasion (6)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (3)hot spot (3)good for groups (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great place to go for lunch.ScooterVIPDined on 10/26/2013Great place to go for lunch. Butternut Squash Soup, Shrimp Limoncello Brushetta, Arugula Pear Salad, and Wild Mushroom Pizza with Truffle Oil...all good. We had great service in this quaint restaurant. Will definitely go back....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wild about the Wild GoatBlueEggFarmDined on 10/25/2013I found the Wild Goat while traveling through Petaluma & knew I wanted to return! Dined there before an evet in Santa Rosa. I had the Foglifter Pizza & my companion had the penne special - both delicious! The pepperoni has a nice little kick. Nice wine list - we chose Old Buzzard cab & Atascadero pinot gris - again, nice choices. Outdoor seating affords views of the riverfront. Indoor seating is cozy, but not encroaching - our 'neighbors' turned out to be quite nice & funny. Nice pacing on the service - not rushed & we weren't ignored. Great food, nice atmosphere. Good destination for a meal or just their cheese plate & a glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE this place!melinncVIPDined on 10/24/2013I found this hidden gem while on business near Petaluma and I loved it SO much, I dined here twice in a week. Great fresh menu with lots of gluten free options. Great wine list. Service is great. The space is tight, but it adds to the ambience. I just wish there was a location in NC!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchmicuseraDined on 10/16/2013Yummy food, great ambience. All family came for a late lunch and had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute and tastyEH555VIPDined on 10/12/2013A perfect place for a delicious lunch. I'm so glad we decided to stop for lunch in Petaluma for the first time, because The Wild Goat was fantastic. Rustic, fresh, flavorful fare (we had two salads and two pizzas and all were great) served in a darling little space by friendly efficient staff. Would return and highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for doggies tooDrtfoodieDined on 10/7/2013I love this bistro, eat here at least once a week, especially lunches. Outdoors is great, & friendly to dogs. Healthy, delicious food, & dog treats complimentary. Dinner is also excellent. I recommend to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food!boethiusDined on 10/3/2013Let me preface any remarks by being perfectly clear: Wild Goat Bistro is a superb restaurant. If it weren't we wouldn't keep coming back the dozens of times we have. Small restaurants - indeed, any restaurant - can be challenged to keep food quality and preparation consistently high. Wild Goat has never faltered in this regard. Being that they were packed - a Thursday night around 7p - service was unusually slow vs. their norm. It was at least 30 minutes from order time until we got our meal and at least 15 to get a light appetizer. It was close to 10 mins before our server came up to us. I'll blame this on the fact they were completely packed but it was a long wait for any of the food we ordered. Regardless, we love the Wild Goat!Special Features:
- Casual diningLionDined on 9/22/2013This little, theatre district restaurant was a delightful find. Lots of charm, great pizzas and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic spotD9R1Dined on 9/21/2013The wild goat bistro was perfect ... Great food & serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findMalbecVIPDined on 9/16/2013Three of us had the risotto and we all raved about it. Look forward to returning because I cannot find risotto that good anywhere else.Special Features:
- Well worth a visitTigermothDined on 9/7/2013Great service and a wonderful lunch. Happy to go back again when in Petaluma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great visit!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/31/2013Menu is always interesting with lots of tasty treats. Our "go to" spot when in town or travel to/from wine tasting events farther north.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun spot in Petaluma, Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2013Nice little bistro in Petaluma, downtown area. Excellent food with good variety. Not a huge wine list, but excellent selections and VERY fairly priced. All restaurant should take their lead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly service, tasty foodDonnaVIPDined on 8/25/2013Went there for lunch, which was great for salads, and tiny angus sliders, what fun. Food was fresh, good, and interesting combinations. The vegetable pizza was really good. Sat outside so it was very pleasant. Only downside they cannot serve wine outside. Seems like a shame because the restaurant across the street can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good small platesSelli5VIPDined on 8/17/2013Went the small plate route and really enjoyed. There are a number of creative small plates that are very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure to haveGuteelternDined on 8/13/2013Always a pleasure to have a meal at the Wild Goat.Special Features:
- DisappointingdineandwineVIPDined on 7/25/2013Very bad service from waitress who knew nothing about food and wine in restaurant , then lost our order. Received dry out Pork chop after 1.5 hour wait
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/13/2013Very friendly service in unique setting near the turning basin in Petaluma. The food quality was excellent and very well prepared. The wine list was very reasonably priced and we noticed some wines priced at what you would pay at the winery. We look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wild Goat Bistro is charming,OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/7/2013Wild Goat Bistro is charming, cozy, creative and a delightful experience. I look forward to returning often!Special Features:
- Consistent and FriendlyshanfleDined on 7/6/2013I love this little place. Good food. Lots of gluten-free options,- including some fantastic desserts- friendly staff. Highly reccommend you make a reservation if you're going. Overall, YUM>Special Features:
- DeliciousMrsKruseVIPDined on 7/5/2013Three words. Pulled. Pork. Ravioli. Oh, I lie. Three more. Lemon. Cream. Cake.Special Features:
- Nice place, but not exciting.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/1/2013Nice place, but not exciting. I would recommend it, especially because they actually have a host and seating unlike most of the lunchtime places in Petaluma (a pet peeve). The atmosphere is very nice, the food is decent, but again, not as interesting as the atmosphere. Second time I've been, felt the same way both times.
- Casual and welcomingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/27/2013Really enjoyed the casual ambience of this little cafe style bistro in Petaluma. A last minute find on OT when we got Mondayed out of 2 restaurants we had in mind. A very nice solution.Special Features:
- Goat BistromtzmanDined on 5/20/2013First time here & took my elderly parents. Cozy atmosphere and very friendly staff. Food was excellent and my folks appreciated the "small plate" options. we shared a dessert and had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizzaskittenkabobDined on 5/17/2013Super small, busy and cute in quaint historical building. Sitting at the bar that faces the street was fun for people watching, and romantically close taking, but made serving awkward. Only ok saffron mussels and clams, really nice pork app, excellent pizzas (wild thing and the sausage one). Great wine selection (weird non-stemmed glasses).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food. Had to wait againOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/17/2013The food is very good (interesting, tasty, and inventive). However, this is the second time in three weeks we have had reservations and have still had to wait. The first time we waited half an hour and finally left. This last time we waited half an hour again and then got our table. We were comped a glass of wine each, which was thoughtful. However, we had a show that we were in a hurry to get to because of the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found a Gem of a Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/15/2013Wild Goat Bistro is a must "go to" small restaurant. It has character, interiors are well done to fit in the Mill, great food, excellent service. I went there for the first time last week then took my closest girlfriend there for her birthday lunch this week. Can't wait to return again!Special Features:
- Lovely findSuzette101VIPDined on 5/12/2013We really enjoyed the high quality tasty food. The added benefit was the guitar player that added to the ambiance of this lovely find. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, delicious, and dog-friendlyJHinSFDined on 5/11/2013Wild Goat Bistro had everything we wanted: dog-welcoming, with gluten-free options for our celiac party member, and good food over which to celebrate a special occasion. It seemed the impossible dream, but we got it all. Our dog was greeted with a fresh bowl of water and a chunk of duck jerky, and we were seated in the quaint dog-welcome entry courtyard. Our server was attentive and friendly and although we were never rushed, everything went off like clockwork. Best dish was the Wild Thing pizza, with a fantastic gluten-free crust (believe it or not!) that even the gluten eaters liked better than the regular crust. Primus malbec was smooth. A must: try the gluten-free ginger fig cake, even if you're a gluten glutton it's an amazing dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice bistro atmospheredodgourDined on 5/6/2013This was our first visit here and we loved it. The atmosphere is that of a small, energetic bistro. The food was delicious. I enjoyed the calamari entree and another in our party loved the special - a quinoa salad entree. The only disappointment was that they were out of the gluten free cakes described on their website. One in our party went specifically for that reason and was sorry to hear they didn't have any that day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had an 8:00 reservation onOpenTableUserDined on 4/13/2013Had an 8:00 reservation on a busy Saturday night. Walked in and were seated right away. Food was delicious, atmosphere was cozy but lively, and the food came out pretty promptly. My new favorite spot in Petaluma.Special Features:
- The pizzas are full of flavorAfoodeeVIPDined on 4/12/2013The pizzas are full of flavor and the crust is perfect.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant in Petaluma!OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 4/9/2013Great food. Love the farmers market pizza--it has a green salad on top!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Stuffed ChickenPTownLocalVIPDined on 3/29/2013We had an early reservation and were the first table seated. We had great friendly service and the meal was delicious. The stuffed chicken was great. The sliders and house salad with goat cheese were also excellent. I enjoyed their wine selection - and really enjoyed the atmosphere - not stuffy but simple.Special Features:
- Great lunch spotNVgirlVIPDined on 3/23/2013Loved the thin crust Perfect Pair pizza and the pesto chicken salad we shared for lunch last week. Service was friendly and prompt. Just wish we had room for the cakes we were eyeing all through the meal at the baked goods counter! There will definitely be a "next time"Special Features:
- Good food/service but theCalCuisineLoverVIPDined on 3/17/2013Good food/service but the menu leaves a lot to be desired. Too many chi-chi pizza options, not enough apps and smaller, fresher, california cuisine dishes. Liked the close, lively atmosphere.
- Hard to find, but worth the huntcarmencatVIPDined on 3/17/2013Wild Goat is not easy to find, tucked as it is into a larger reconfigured industrial structure. Once inside the restaurant itself is quite tiny with a bustling, cozy atmosphere. We had to ask directions from a couple strolling on Petaluma Ave, who not only helped us find the it (we were actually very close, but the Wild Goat sign is rather subtle) but also told us it was a terrific place. Everything we ordered was delicious-- a shrimp appetizer, bleu cheese salad, pizza.Special Features:
- Lovely surroundings, goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/26/2013Lovely surroundings, good food and service, but the kitchen was especially slow.
- What drew me to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/5/2013What drew me to this restaurant was that they provide gluten free bread for the sandwiches and gluten free crust for the pizza. The restaurant is small but cozy not cramped. The food was very fresh and yummy.Special Features:
- Each visit has been great!figueroa579Dined on 1/21/2013Each visit has been great! The service is attentive, super friendly and sweet. The food has been consistently delicious. The goat cheese and crab cake appetizers were really good. The turkey sandwich at lunch was fabulous, salmon for dinner was perfectly cooked! Note, this place is tiny and gets packed. :)Special Features: