Wildfish - Deerfield
730 Waukegan Rd
Deerfield, IL 60015Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Wildfish - Deerfield
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://wildfishsushi.com/
- Phone: 8473179453
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Hide Sekimoto
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A modern space with traditional touches featuring ceiling-high bamboo and private wood-accented booths with vibrant colors of red, gold, and green
to give a contemporary tropical vibe.
- Private Party Contact: James Oh 8473179453
A word from Wildfish - Deerfield
Wildfish is a contemporary sushi and grill restaurant that delivers fine dining at its best leaving you with an experience that will have you coming back for more. As you enter through the doors, the contemporary decor and the upbeat music sets the lively ambiance of the place. Once you’re seated, the exploration begins as you peruse through the pages of the abounding drink and food list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Wildfish - Deerfield reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)great for outdoor dining (6)romantic (5)great for lunch (5)good for groups (5)special occasion (5)fit for foodies (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great Place for SushisushibanditDined on 6/25/2013Really good sushi for both the experienced and first timers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good the third timeDickieDined on 6/14/2013The first two times we went to Wildfish it was our favorite sushi in Chicagoland. This time the food was good, but not outstanding like the previous visits. Our waitress was pleasant but that was about it. Not cranky, not friendly....not really anything. The rolls lacked the pizzazz of the last two visits, and we ordered basically the same thing. The sushi was good, but just good. I'll try it again, but that might be it.
- Pricey Sushi, but always good.GastroBoyDined on 5/31/2013Stil is a little pricey for sushi. 3 rolls (very good) a salad and a beer---$80 including tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/25/2013Wonderful atmosphere, service, and food. Great family experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I always enjoy dining at Wildfish.GeorgeVIPDined on 5/18/2013I always enjoy dining at Wildfish. High quality food and service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceSchwartzDined on 5/17/2013The food and the dining experience and service were outstandingSpecial Features:
- The Best Sushi in town!Tomcat2VIPDined on 5/15/2013Great sushi!! Really creative rolls Wonderful service. Expensive, but worth it. Lunch was $100. The environment is bright and loud - so not romantic, but fun.Special Features:
- consistently a good japaneseGarlicVIPDined on 5/10/2013consistently a good japanese dinner with nice service and easy accessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and excellent service.BobbyVIPDined on 4/25/2013great food and excellent service. was very kid friendly would be a great place for lunch as wellSpecial Features:
- The food quality, creativity,GeorgeVIPDined on 4/14/2013The food quality, creativity, presentation and service at Wildfish is always very good
- Excellent dining experience!HollingVIPDined on 4/12/2013My husband and I enjoyed a great dining experience at Wildfish! Very friendly, attentive service! Favorite appetizers include the mussels and crabmeat spicy crunch salad. Some of the best miso soup on the north shore! We shared some delicious rolls including Kamikaze, Rainbow, and Dragon rolls.Special Features:
- Suburban Sushispicegoddess7Dined on 3/24/2013I like wildfish for their creative sushi offerings. Menu is diverse and the atmosphere is mellow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very fresh. Good sushi andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/16/2013Very fresh. Good sushi and rolls. I suspect they overbook, besause there's often a wait despite the reservation, and I've been seated in the back party room (more like an overflow room) just for a table for 3. Despite that, we're repeaters here.
- Tea came cold and had to askOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/16/2013Tea came cold and had to ask for hot water. Long wait for food Won't go back
- save your moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 3/8/2013The service was just bad, they lost our order, more than an hour for 4 rolls. And yes to top if off they did not bring what we ordered.
- Went to Wildfish on a FridaycasualdinerVIPDined on 3/8/2013Went to Wildfish on a Friday evening. Had reservations, but had to wait 45 minutes for a table. Many walk-ins to the restaurant and they obviously could not handle the crowd (maybe too many groupons?) The restaurant is known for sushi - yet we found their options to be rather limited. Some of the patrons near us waited a half hour or more for their food (we waited about 20 minutes) - not what we usually experience in sushi restaurant.
- Service was good. Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/1/2013Service was good. Food was ok and did not seem fresh. There was a strong fish smell with our shushi. Everything tasted rather bland even though our dishes were spicy. Menu was pricy as well, especially for what we were served.
- The sushi really wasn't freshOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 2/18/2013The sushi really wasn't fresh and a bit over priced.
- Really delicious sushi, goodFoodMamaDined on 2/14/2013Really delicious sushi, good wine...all-in-all, a perfect mid-week place for dinner!Special Features:
- Terrible customer service.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/2/2013Terrible customer service. Not going back. 15 minutes for drinks. 9 people ate off the adult menu and gave them north of $600 in business which they did not appreciate and argued with me about how many people were there.
- The menu did not include sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/20/2013The menu did not include sushi a la carte. We needed to ask for that piece of paper. The sushi was OK. It is a pretty place.
- DON'T EAT HERE!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/25/2012The sushi is ok, but it ends there. How do people tolerate the lethargic service at this place? Never a smile from the young and disinterested wait staff. Insufficient silverware and only one visit from the waitress after the meal was served. We finally went and found our own. I suppose there was no need to try since we were a party of six and they thus charged a mandatory tip. There are so many good sushi spots. Who needs this one?
- Very dissappointing restaurant.BirthdayGirlVIPDined on 11/10/2012Very dissappointing restaurant. Food was quite mediocre. Absolutely nothing to rave about. The decor is pretty and the crowd lively but when dining out for Sushi we really want to fantastic and this was not it.
- Great food but we waitingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/29/2012Great food but we waiting at the front for 10 minutes for anyone to even bother looking in our direction.
- The sushi was great, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/21/2012The sushi was great, but the entree just ordinary. Also, without telling us in advance, the restaurant told us when we arrived that we'd have to choose between using a groupon and getting our Open table points, which certainly didn't start the evening on a positive note. So, be warned, but then go enjoy the sushi.
- Ambiance and presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/8/2012Ambiance and presentation are most impressive. Food is very good, but not over the top. Reasonable prices for amount of food you get. Would go back.Special Features:
- sushi seemed old and possiblyAllthatjazzDined on 9/6/2012sushi seemed old and possibly frozen at some time.
- So expensive. $200 for 4 forRingleader265Dined on 8/25/2012So expensive. $200 for 4 for sushi is too expensive.Special Features:
- Our first visit was surprisinglyYummyDined on 8/13/2012Our first visit was surprisingly good. We've changed our future plans so that we can return to Wildfish for a repeat dinner next week!Special Features:
- The ambiance is great, butSallyVIPDined on 8/6/2012The ambiance is great, but the food is overpriced for what it is.
- Always a Great Experience!HollingVIPDined on 8/3/2012Consistently great fresh sushi and sashimi choices! Extensive saki offerings and creative list of martinis. My husband and I are regulars and always enjoy the warm ambiance and great service! Favorite rolls include Kamikasi roll, Ocean Drive, and Crunchy roll. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- We had never tried it before,ShoekookVIPDined on 7/28/2012We had never tried it before, and really liked it. Especially the ambiance.