Gia by Vincent and Mia Chiarella
7400 Ocean Ave
Wildwood, NJ 08260Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Gia by Vincent and Mia Chiarella
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 6097292802
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 4:30pm - late nite (contact for daily hours)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Gia by Vincent and Mia Chiarellaprovides on or off-site catering for any event no matter how small or large. Our chef will personally assist you in selections from our extensive menu or can accommodate your own personal choices.
A word from Gia by Vincent and Mia Chiarella
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Gia by Vincent and Mia Chiarella - Best Restaurants in Wildwood ›
Gia by Vincent and Mia Chiarella reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)good for groups (29)fit for foodies (24)special occasion (24)romantic (17)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great fooddiamondbeachbumDined on 6/16/2014Six of us decided to try Gia's during restaurant week and we all loved the food. We will definitely go back again after restaurant week. The restaurant week menu was limited, but everything we tried was delicious. Service was friendly and excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but very Italianmiami307Dined on 6/15/2014Very Italian not a negative if you are prepared for spicy, flavorful fare. The calamari appetizer was tender and spicy, the antipasto was imaginative and the Veal Sinatra was very good. Both my wife and I enjoy thin and tender veal and we were not disappointed. The portions were large, so unless you have a good appetite, be prepared to take a "doggie" bag home for next day lunch.
- Fabulous!ReggieVIPDined on 6/15/2014Arrived on a Sunday for Restaurant Week and we were warmly greeted by Beth. The food from start to finish was excellent, veal and chicken saltimbucca along with salads and the sausage with broccoli rabe. Dessert was the icing on the cake. Highly recommended in a cozy neighborhood, don't forget to bring your bottle of wine!Special Features:
- The Best of the CrestJimBiomedDined on 6/15/2014It was Dining week in Wildwood and I can honestly say this was the best meal I had all week. Their food is consistently tastey and satisfying. We started with a salad and a marinated mushroom antipasta. For appetisers we had tender fried calamari with a spicy tomato sauce and sweet italian sausage with broccolli rabe. My daughter and I had the veal Sinatra and my wife had chicken Marsala as entrees (we took home doggie bags). The presentation is excellent and the portions are large. The wait staff are very professional and attentive but not obtrusive. No matter what the request their staff make you believe that it's never a bother. Overall a fantastic dining experience!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Although very friendly, the wait staff was less than attentive and slow to react to special requests. Very likely to return.Special Features:
- Gia's does it again and again!!!broodersDined on 6/7/2014This is by far one in my top 5 ALL TIME BEST restaurants!!! I travel to NYC and visit Philadelphia regularly and Gia's WWC never ceases to amaze me. A recent visit to a popular restaurant in NYC, spent $400 for 2, and the experience didn't even come close to Gia's. Bethie, the absolute hostess with the mostest, greated us with her beautiful smile. John, our server, was attentive, polite and throughout the meal met our every need. And now the food.......Mia "Chefarella" sent out delectable course after delectable course from succulent sausage and broccoli rabe to snapper w/ blk olive tapenade to tender Veal Sorrento to perfectly cooked seafood w/pasta. And the OLD SCHOOL antipasti from Vince blew our minds. Gia's is a MUST!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly servicenjguyDined on 5/29/2014Enjoyed our meal at Gia, service was attentive and friendly. Chicken was well seasoned and prepared well. House salad seemed to have been prepared earlier and was a little soggy, not as crisp as I would have liked.Special Features:
- GiaEricDined on 5/24/2014The food was excellent but the service was lacking. Very slow. Had to tell server twice that our pasta was not served with the meal. We had to walk to front to pay the bill. The noise level is unbelievably loud perhaps because several tables had large groups of people and the one behind us included a few loud, extremely drunk and obnoxious patrons. Our main server Fran was observed chugging a beer at a corner table of four girls. Probably the reason why the service was poor. The location is awful...inside a motel site. We sat at a table next to the motel pool. The shades were pulled down so that it was not as obvious but there was no view of anything nice. Owner was very nice. I would suggest ordering take out since the food was superb!Special Features:
- The following 48 reviews are from the Gia by Vincent and Mia Chiarella reviews archive.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/16/2014most restaurants at shore destinations are terrible. Gia's is great. If you go down Wildwood, don't go to gimmicks, go to Gia's. Scallops were great.Special Features:
- Don't Miss Gia!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/4/2014Gia is a can't miss,,,everytime. We brought a couple down from Atlantic City. They've already said that they will be back. THe flouder, salmon and chicken were all excellent.
- ExcellentMenzanoDined on 3/22/2014Second time eating at Gia's and once again the food was fantastic!! One of the best meals we have ever had!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piache PerfectionDianneDined on 2/22/2014Were greeted and seated by a very warm and engaging hostess. The food was off the charts delicious: Scungilli in a white buttery sauce was tender and great for dipping the crusty, heavenly bread served. Tomato and mozzarella- plentiful and fresh. The Piache Fish-- was so good I saved some for the next day. The Marsala sauce was not sweet enough but tasty Veal, plump, tender shrimp and perfect asparagus. Side of pasta should have been in a bowl- cooled too quickly, would have preferred Locatelli, not mozzarella... The marina was just ok and the preferred pasta is penne, not the mostaccioli that was served, as penne holds the gravy better. Dessert was delectable. Devin, his partner and bus girl-wonderful. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gia is one of our favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/21/2014Gia is one of our favorites hands down. The food is homemade and always great. They make you feel at home on every visit. If you are in South Jersey this is a DON'T MISS restaurant.
- Only the best ingredients.......broodersDined on 2/15/2014Another amazing dining experience at Gia's! Food is ALWAYS delicious but I want to mention the quality of the ingredients. You really can taste the difference in their food. Their demand for only the best shines through with each mouthful. Mia seasons food perfectly, and I'm always one looking for the salt shaker elsewhere but not here. John, our server, was on top of his game as usual. Last but not least is the vibe. The hostess/co-owner Bethie makes you feel like you've walked into their living/dining room. She greets each customer as if she's known them for years and welcomes everyone with her amazing smile and graciousness. Thank goodness Gia's exists as there are few places in the Wildwoods with even decent food.Special Features:
- Great food and friendly atmosphereNWFoodiesDined on 1/11/2014Had another great meal with good friends. Their first experience was very positive and already planning our next dinner at GiaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than i expected....luluDined on 12/31/2013We were very last minute in deciding to go out New Year's Eve.....there were not many choices on where to go so i went on Open Table and Gia's was available.. I have always wanted to eat there because of hearing great things about the place. Our food was excellent in preparation. I had Chilean Sea Bass...probably the best i have ever eaten and my husband had the Salmon...He also said it was probably the best Salmon he has ever eaten!! We will definitely be returning and i recommend this place to anyone! I should also mention the other entree's that were eaten by 2 other people at our table were excellent also. (Veal Marsala)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a great night out.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/27/2013Everything was fantastic as usual!!!! Beth is a great host and has a excellent restaurant with great food. We have enjoyed every visit and I know we will have many more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Quiet NightOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/7/2013It was a quiet night at the SHore two weeks before Christmas...but Gia still stands out among the best. Not many restaurants opens this time of year. THere were a few tables on this night so it was quiet...and very nice. The food was as it always is....OUTSTANDING! This is a can't miss restaurant regardless of time of year.Special Features:
- Amazing again and again!broodersDined on 11/9/2013Mia, the executive chef, continues to amaze us. The artichoke appetizer was delish with capers, black olives & sundried tomatoes. My rack of lamb was cooked to perfection with a great crust and I don't know how she gets the bitterness out of the broccoli rabe. Best I've ever had. My husband's veal chop was incredible. Perfectly cooked and the flavors melded together to make every bite delicious. Our friends filet with jumbo lump crabmeat and gorgonzola was a sight to behold! She couldn't rave enough about it. And lastly our other friend wanted chicken Sinatra but with veal and of course they were more than happy to accommodate. We were so happy to see our favorite server John. And of course the best host and hostess Vince and Bethie!Special Features:
- Great EveningJimExperienceVIPDined on 10/19/2013Our waiter, John, was outstanding. Beth's hospitality was very welcoming as usual. The meal by Vince and Mia was outstanding as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always feel welcomed byLolaDined on 9/21/2013We always feel welcomed by the very open and friendly hostess. This was the first time at their new location, which is quite lovely. The food was yummy, as always. Love this place.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25th Anniversary.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/17/2013We went there to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Food, service, and atmosphere were perfect as usually. We have been there many times and are treated like family. Beth is a wonderful host and makes you feel welcome every time..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great FoodReggieVIPDined on 9/12/2013Stopped in Gia on a Thursday night and we were treated like royalty. The hostess is personable, staff is attentive and the food always outstanding. We got the spring salad with truffle oil, goat cheese and walnuts, next Veal Saltimbucca and of course we brought our bottle of wine as this is a BYO. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shore GoodBoomers500Dined on 9/2/2013We tried Gia's new location and found the food as good as the original location. Good for large parties. Traditional good Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WANTED TO LIKE ITFRANKDined on 8/26/2013WANTED TO REALLY ENJOY AND SUPPORT IT AFTER READING GIA'S STORY. THE ORANGE SALAD AT $9 WAS A HUGE LET DOWN BEING JUST AN ORANGE WITH MINIMAL GREENS AND DRESSING AND WASN'T EVEN SEEDLESS. THE FRIED PROVOLONE APP SHOULD HAVE HAD ANCHOVIES BUT CAME WITH LONG HOTS, MY WIFE'S STUFFED LONG HOT APP WAS STUFFED ROASTED RED PEPPERS INSTEAD, ALSO I ASKED MY INCLUDED PASTA NOT BE PUT IN WITH THE FAMILY STYLE BUT KEPT SEPERATE AND SERVED WITH JUST OIL AND WAS CHARGED AN ADDITIONAL $7. NO BREAD, ROLLS , OR CONDIMENTS WERE SERVED OR OFFERED NOR WAS THE RESTURANT WEEK MENU UNTIL WE REQUESTED IT WHICH ONLY MY WIFE ORDERED FROM. OVERALL A NICE PLACE A BIT PRICEY,BUT YOU NEED TO CHECK THE ACCURACY OF YOUR ORDER AND STAY AWAY FROM THE ORANGE SALAD.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2013We go to Italian restaurants a fair amount. The food was okay. Most Italian restaurants would serve a small side pasta with a non pasta dish but we did not find that at Gia's. It was restaurant week so we got the specials for that but found that the dessert was very small and not that tasty.
- Diamond inthe roughJoeDVIPDined on 8/21/2013Great BYOB. Found this place vacationing in Wildwood. Would definately go back on my return.
- Quality food, Friendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/18/2013We ate at the other Gia location a few years ago and it was good. This time I think it was better. Chicken Sinatra was fresh and tasty. My wife had the olive oil garlic with pasta and walnut crusted flounder which both were excellent. The special strawberry salad with mixed greens was good but expensive, $15.00. The experienced waiter, Luigi was right on, something that is hard to find in Wildwood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the waitRICHEVIPDined on 8/6/2013The kitchen was backed up when we got there at 8 PM. I was surprised to find out they did take out. A huge order threw everything off. The server explained it was an order for a good customer. The owner went table to table saying how sorry she was. So after a fairly long wait we were served a great meal. It was worth the wait. If you go and you have to wait do it, I would wait again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Worth itbbarryDined on 8/2/2013The food is terrific. The people are friendly. I always feel like I am back in South Philly eating at a neighborhood Italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waite staff needs improvementHackerDined on 7/20/2013The food was excellent! Table service was poor! We have TWO servers to Waite on us and could not get the orders straight when served. Now this is an Italian restuarant , and when the food was served, neither server asked if anyone needed CHEESE! Then no follow up to see if anybody needed dessert and/or coffee. I had to flag another waiter to get the check. Parking a major problem here. Meter parking all around. I put money in the meter, but went to get change from the restaurant, but was told they did not have any! How do you not prepare for your customers needs! Again food excellent- service lousy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This has become a regularOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/20/2013This has become a regular place to have a GREAT meal!!! We will be back again this coming weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusual entree mistakesMikeDined on 7/13/2013Had dinner Sunday evening. I ordered my favorite, Veal Sorrento. it was served without Procuitto and cheese as was advertised on the menu. My wife ordered Veal Marsala and was given Chicken Marsala. Both meals were good but not what we ordered. We were hungry and ate what we were served. Price adjustment for Chicken Marsala was made on the bill. John our waiter indicated substitute cooking staff and apologized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find at the beachJimmyDined on 7/8/2013Good food great service at a good price and a BYOB what more do you need.Special Features:
- Best meal I had in 7 daysInsuranceguyDined on 7/6/2013Best meal I had in 7 days while staying in Wildwood. Food and service were both very good. I wish I went earlier in my stay I would have went back a second time. We had a few of the veal dishes and my wife had the scallops and all were very good. If looking for Italian food in Wildwood this is the spot.Special Features:
- Tasty food!DotMVIPDined on 7/6/2013Didn't even open the menu. The specials from the waiter sounded so tasty that we ordered off that list. The chilean sea bass was the best I've every eaten. My starter was the burrata mozzarella ball was to die for. Enough to feed 2 people. Finished with the canoli, DELICIOUS. My husband had the veal chop which he enjoyed. And it's a BYOB which we like. The atmosphere is very relaxed. Very welcoming. The staff is very friendly and polite. We will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly delicious food! lovemike1VIPDined on 6/23/2013Truly delicious food! love the bread and peppered oil on the table . Our meals were fabulous... it is obvious that they use high quality incredients. Our only complaint is the salad special, even though it was large enough to share was a bit pricey at $15. We would return and definely recommend Gia.Special Features:
- Great Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/21/2013Wildwood is replete with Italian restaurants and most are passable but nothing special. Gia's is the exception. Fresh well prepared and a bit off the usual south Philly gravy track. Recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth the visitYakimanVIPDined on 5/25/2013Reviews of previous diners got us to try Gia. Well worth it. Great service. Good selection of different foods. We choose the Sea Bass which was done perfectly. We started with a spring mix salad. Very good. A BYOB so make sure to bring something along.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food, service and ambiencebroodersDined on 5/17/2013The food, service and ambience is ALWAYS outstanding! My filet was cooked perfectly with a mushroom and frizzled onion topping that was delish! Veal Gia was tender and oh the sauce. Just yum! Franny and Luigi are the best servers and of course the hostess with the mostess Bethie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.