67 Bronte Road
Oakville, ON L6L 3B7Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.plankrestobar.ca/
- Phone: 9054651002
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 sm - 3:00 pm;
Dinner: Daily: 4:00 pm - 1:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Gordon Goss
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Full catering available through "Catering by Heat"
A word from Plank Restobar
With chef inspired small plates and handcrafted cocktails Plank is a taste of New York City in BronteContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Plank Restobar - Best Restaurants in Oakville ›
Plank Restobar reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (21)great for lunch (15)scenic view (15)great for outdoor dining (10)special occasion (7)great for brunch (6)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (5)good for groups (3)late-night find (3)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)romantic (1)Show More
- This is the fourth or fifthNicholasDined on 9/7/2013This is the fourth or fifth time we have visited Plank-the first time for lunch. We were a party-of four and each person ordered their own sharing plate. We then shared the various plates. Food was great-great variety of tastes and textures. Our server was prompt, friendly and efficient-even had a few minutes to chat with us. We had a great time overall., Or one minor suggestion is that the the lunch menu could have had a few more items as a couple of the regular items .were not available and so our choices were somewhat limited. However we enjoyed yourself and will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- fun night out!DebDadoDined on 9/5/2013The small plates were great for a group and very tasty. It was loud with all the talking and music but that would be our only complaint.Our server was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations MetSteveDined on 9/1/2013I had been to Plank for excellent evening and lunch meals in the past. So I had high expectations for the Sunday brunch/breakfast. LOVED it. An innovative a la carte menu and some of the best staff I have seen work an Oakville restaurant in ages. They were bopping, singing to the tunes, in their pygamas, keeping my coffee warm and brought my meal to me hot and delicious! I brought friends from London (Ontario) and they promised to make the drive again - it is worth it. It was an elevated experience with a sunny day and the sailboats were visible on the lake from the deck and inside the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always solidBelluzVIPDined on 8/23/2013We are regulars and the food and service is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchpasmithx2Dined on 8/11/2013It was a beautiful Sunday and we had a nice spot on the patio. The traffic was a bit noisy but the view of the harbour was lovely. The menu has the expected brunch items, but with a unique spin on them. Fresh and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new neighbourhood favourite!DebDadoDined on 8/4/2013Loved everything about it! There were 5 of us and there was something different for everyone! We understood it was a very busy place but it was not so much when we arrived so we were able to spend a pleasant afternoon reconnecting with friends and thoroughly enjoying ourselves! Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, not the last:)OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/27/2013We weren't sure what to expect, Plank being advertised as an American Tapas Bar Resto. I thought it might be small, tasting platters but our choices were full sized portions. I guess everything could be shared but for 2 people with different tastes, not so much of an option. We thoroughly enjoyed the food that we had, calamari for my husband, nachos for me then wedge salad and tree huggers salad - more than filling, nicely presented with a different twist on ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice variety of items - triedMickeyDined on 7/27/2013Nice variety of items - tried a number - house sliders great, fish tacos and cauliflower fritters were a hit.Special Features:
- Bronte BlissSnowballDined on 6/22/2013Everything is great at the Plank Restobar and thrown in free is a before or after dinner / bar stroll by Bronte's waterfront park , marinas , historical sites and the areas unique retail shops .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I took a client here for lunchChrissyDined on 5/17/2013I took a client here for lunch and we were both thrilled with the food, service and ambience. The only let-down was the mussels which both she and I agreed were lacking flavour and a let down.Special Features:
- Definitely, worth checking outHappyDinerDined on 5/12/2013Very comfortable and casual atmosphere and the food was excellent. We came for Mother's Day Brunch and were not disappointed. The dishes were wonderfully complex in flavour and the use of noticeably fresh ingredients was very creative. Add in great service and prices and it's a no-brainer. We'll be back for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One off??BelluzVIPDined on 5/11/2013We have gone to Plank for dinner at least a half a dozen times and have been extremely happy with the food and service. But our Saturday lunch today was a total disaster. Main course took over a 1.25 hours to come out. Food did not come out at the same time. Food was cold. Our finished plates were stacked on our table for 15 minutes before someone came over to clear. Had to walk up to the cash to get our bill. Manager did realize there was a problem and gave us a discount on our meal. I am hoping this is a one off because this is one of our favorite Friday night spots.
- Mother's Day LunchJChildDined on 5/11/2013I had lunch with my Mother and Sister who came from Brantford to celebrate Mother's Day. It was my responsibility to pick the restaurant and yours came highly recommended by a friend. My Mother and Sister were very impressed with the food, the service and thought it was a great location. Our waitress was extremely pleasant and helpful. We had a great time and will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this is not the first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/6/2013this is not the first time we've visited Plank. The service this time seemed strained somehow; not prompt and a little too "familiar" with our party.Special Features:
- Love the menu! A great offeringOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013Love the menu! A great offering of quality and variety at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Creative menuACharlDined on 3/3/2013The service here is amazing. It's like the customer is part of the family. The menu is really quite creative ranging from gourmet jiffy pop with truffle butter and fresh pram to delicious pizzas. It's all about comfort food with a twist here.Special Features:
- I find the food is a bit pub-like.psyc274VIPDined on 2/24/2013I find the food is a bit pub-like. The pizza's are great though! Don't expect to go no-carb or no grease at this place.Special Features:
- A little gem in BronteBollox88Dined on 2/22/2013The service was excellent from the minute we walked in and were greeted by the owner. The food was excellent and we will definitely be back to try more items from the menu. The waitress told us that the menu changes every couple of months and basically reflects what's in season. The price was very reasonable for a restaurant like this.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2013We had a great meal at Plank, it was our first time and we had only heard good things. The service was friendly and attentive, our waitress was fabulous with our kids. We will definitely be back, next time we will try brunch.Special Features:
- Amazing food, quick service,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2013Amazing food, quick service, we were in and out in just over an hour. D'italiano pizza is a must have!Special Features:
- I have dined at Plank twiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013I have dined at Plank twice and been impressed with the food and the service both times. Great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Bronte's trendiest barOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2013It was great, went for some food and drinks, We ordered chicken tacos, sliders, and pizza, and left feeling stuffed! The prices are good, and we will definitely be back again. In between each app the servers came around to take our plates, but we didn't feel that was necessary - but it was still great that they offered, shows great service. The staff was very friendly, and I think they definitely care a lot about Plank, you can tell there was a lot going on to make Plank happen - from the selection of staff to the interior decor. It makes the experience feel complete! Can't wait to be back!Special Features:
- A great find in the neighbourhood!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/7/2013A great find in the neighbourhood! Service was uniformly excellent and attentive, and the food was great.Special Features:
- Foodies little gemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/5/2013Finally a place worth frequenting in Bronte!!! Three visits in a week and feeling a bit of a stalker.The design west coast resto-bar in scenic Bronte/views of Marina/waterfront.Judge a food experience if we would order same again/couldn't duplicate home/yes we would do that at Plank. Foodies little gem. First visit...Poutine (fois gras & duck confit) Loved! Husband found rich (did but yes it was rich so only order in that mood or as a good share for a table of four as bites. Followed by beef sliders (two on plate). Thanks for the fresh not frozen experience of the new targeted burger joints and they were tasty. Bottle of wine, two yummy desserts & a reasonable bill well under 85$ Lunch for business braise pork and polenta perfection!Special Features:
- Exactly what we were looking for!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/20/2013Wonderful relaxed and charming atmosphere with a nice view of the lake. Brunch menu offered classic breakfasts but with unique and delicious twists. Great portions all at a great price and the friendly staff provided excellent service. Definitely looking forward to visiting this little gem again!Special Features:
- Great food and fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/12/2013The food was great! Love tapas you get to taste several items as opposed to just one dish! The sliders and poutine are amuse haves.Special Features:
- Great food...will definitelyThellyDined on 1/11/2013Great food...will definitely go back. Very friendly staff and perfect location for casual bar/lounge dining.Special Features:
- Great selection of food forBelluzVIPDined on 1/11/2013Great selection of food for all types. Tapas style dining would recommend saving room for one of their exceptional pizzas. Reservation strongly recommended.Special Features:
- Went in the morning for BreakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/5/2013Went in the morning for Breakfast so that time of the day was very quiet and intimate. The service was excellent and as soon as our coffee was half we were topped up. Food choices for breafast were good and unusual and service was fast.
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012We thoroughly enjoyed our evening with friends at Plank. The food was amazing, the service was friendly and very attentive, and the music was fabulous...lots of new and older favourites. We experienced Plant with friends and have decided to go back once a month for our night out and to stay connected...fabulous gem in Bronte!Special Features:
- Great experience for mu wife'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2012Great experience for mu wife's birthday. Inventive food, love the idea of small portions.Special Features:
- Awesome tapas.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/18/2012Awesome tapas. Duck poutine is a must try. Moderate prices. Recommend arriving a bit later if you want a seat and you didn't book thru opentable.Special Features:
- Chef inspired tapas bar withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012Chef inspired tapas bar with lots of variety and taste. We ordered lots of different dishes and enjoyed every one. The raw oysters were very respectable too. I would definitely go back and take people who enjoy new food experiences and a fun ambiance with me.Special Features:
- Interesting first visit, SimilarannexgrfxVIPDined on 11/28/2012Interesting first visit, Similar to what we were expecting based on feedback and website. Calamari was excellent, the rest of our meal was less then acceptable. Our Con Queso was ok however the chips were very stale, when we told the staff they asked if we wanted to take it home...? weird. Our pizza was very burnt in fact it left the smoke in the restaurant yet they still served it to us. We returned the pizza and the chef. was adamant to replace it for free. Insisting that we did not want that just to finish our wine, he still made it and brought it over.. It tasted AMAZING. In the end they covered our entire bill, not necessary but they felt it was. We will return one day just not for a little while.
- Had a wonderful experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2012Had a wonderful experience. The host was excellent and the waitress was very good. Do to the increase of food allergies, it would be beneficial if your menu highlighted which foods were gluten and dairy free. I am gluten intollerant and had very few choices.Special Features:
- What a great find this spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2012What a great find this spot has been. Had dinner at the bar and watched the chefs wow with their prep. Had brunch on Sunday, delicious menu and great service! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- "Meh" - but we WILL be back ...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2012This is my third time to plank - the first two times the food was OUTSTANDING - and this time ... we arrived for an early reservation and I thought the food was "just okay". The calamari was really greasy, the tater tot 'fondue' was more tot, less fondue. The couple that arrived an hour or so after us, and sat next to us, ordered the same thing and their calamri looked REALLY crispy -lots of lovely tentacles, the tater tots were swimming in lovely fondue ... I thought "oh, that doesn't look at all what ours looked like". Our appetizers were on our table for no more than two minutes before our mains were sent out ... the server we had didn't tell us anything about the specials. It felt disorganized. Third time unlucky? We WILL be back :)Special Features:
- Plank is always a first classOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2012Plank is always a first class experience - the food, of course, but also the welcome when arriving, the atmosphere, the helpfulness of the staff and the satisfied feeling after a meal. This is a major accomplishment and Plank is to be commended for it. The dining experience is the best with exquisite menus and specials. you won't find a better place anywhere !Special Features:
- Plank restaurant is a greatMavenDined on 11/6/2012Plank restaurant is a great local (Oakville) spot for an evening out with friends. It has a casual vibe, good food and the service was quite good. If you are a vegetarian you will find the menu has very few options for you.Special Features:
- Will be back.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012One of my best lunch dining experiences in a long time!Special Features: