The County Cork Wine Pub
1716 Liberty Rd
Eldersburg, MD 21784Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The County Cork Wine Pub
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thecorkpub.com/
- Phone: 4109708110x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 10:00am - 1:00pm
Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Tuesday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Trageser
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We cater on and off the premise. We can prepare any menu you like or we can design a menu together. We have been to private homes as well as held special occasions at the restaurant. From holiday parties, to birthdays, to anniversaries, we would love to be a part of your special occasion.
- Private Party Facilities: The only times we can offer private dining facilities is on Mondays when we are closed. We have opened on Mondays for several private parties. We also will close to the public for special parties. Call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Arlene Stecher 4109708110x
- Entertainment: We have live entertainment every Friday and Saturday evenings. It is often one or two musicians playing acoustic guitars and usually classic rock is played. We start the music around 8:30-9:00 so as to not disturb the majority of diners. If we are still busy with a dinner crowd, I may start the music a little later and they will play til midnight or after.
A word from The County Cork Wine Pub
Welcome to The County Cork Wine Pub. The "Cork" as we are known is a classy, but casual restaurant. We have a unique menu using the freshest ingredients available. We offer an extensive wine list, as well as a selection of craft beers and a full bar. Happy Hour is best spent at The Cork where appetizers are 50% off and drink specials. The Cork is your neighborhood meeting place, whether you desire a quick bite from our lite fare selection or a night out with friends. Enjoy the evening experiencing our incredible menu and succulent specials at reasonable prices. Our Butcher Block and Cheese Boards are enjoyed by many of our customers with a bottle of wine. We have the best brunch in the "Burg". An extensive a la carte menu featuring benedicts, steak and eggs, omletes anyway, corned beef hash and much more. We also have an all-you-can drink Bloody Mary Bar for $10.00. Come experience the warm atmosphere and exceptional service. You'll come as guests and leave as friends!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The County Cork Wine Pub - Best Restaurants in Eldersburg ›
The County Cork Wine Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)fit for foodies (13)notable wine list (9)special occasion (6)great for brunch (6)romantic (5)vibrant bar scene (5)good for groups (4)great for lunch (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- eh. it was okay.julesDined on 11/2/2013Service was lacking, overcooked steak . I ordered a pomegranate martini but received a Cosmo. Not a big deal, but lack of attention on the part of our waitress. Appetizers were delicious: the almonds & two faced tuna. They really need to make the tuna an entree. My husband ordered the steak medium rare and it was medium well but very tasty. I ordered the Asian beef tenderloin and it was horrible. It tasted like someone dumped a jar of Grey Poupon into some cabbage and rice and tossed some overcooked beef in. Very disappointingSpecial Features:
- Music too loud!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2013Most of my experiences at the Cork have been great. Unfortunately, we ended up seated (had reservations) in the front booth next to the band. It was so loud that we couldn't hear each other or socialize at all and left early. Next time, I will request seating in the back of the restaurant and arrive earlier to avoid the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit and missfedwellDined on 10/27/2013We've been to the Cork several times. It has such potential. It can be very good but too often just average. And it's way to pricey for average. For the price it should be more consistent. We ordered 2 appetizers. 1 was ordered gluten free. It came with bread shoved into the sauce. 3 out of the 4 main courses were good. The 4th was pulled pork on a mashed potato pancake. It was so salty, after a few bites, our guest just left it. She tried to eat the pancake but it was soaked with grease. She is too shy and didn't want to complain. We're going to try again. Hope this helps to improve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local find!SpoiledprinceVIPDined on 10/8/2013Been here many times and always enjoy it. This time happened to be a Tuesday evening and bottles of wine were half price, perfect! Bruschetta appetizer and twisted turkey sandwiches are the best.Special Features:
- Not my best experienceRtees72Dined on 9/28/2013I'm a regular visitor to the cork. I've always been happy. This time, I went for a nice dinner out with my husband. That's a rarity these days. Our food was good (the strip wasn't amazing, but everything else was good). The only complaint I have is the noise. We were fine at first, but then a 4-top came in next to us and we could barely hear each other. It really ruined our night and yes, it could have been the people because they were unusually annoying for this area, but the acoustics near the bar are terrible. If you're looking for something more intimate, request a booth. Also, our server was great, but the timing of our food seemed off. Again, a rarity given how many times we've been there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a Missstevie821Dined on 9/21/2013This restaurant never misses a beat!! The food is delicious, the service is great and the drinks are perfect. The Cork has a different and varied menu. Always delicious.Special Features:
- Went on a Friday night. AmazingNoelmccracken83VIPDined on 9/20/2013Went on a Friday night. Amazing guitar -singer wasn't too loud and very pleasant to listen to. Great food, loved the pork belly and scallops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was average at best -RlynngVIPDined on 9/20/2013Food was average at best - went on a Friday night and the noise level was so loud we could barely hear each other talk. I got the ahi tuna tacos. They tasted good but I wound up with a bit of a stomach ache later that evening. My friend got the pomegranete chicken and she said it was just OK. I might try it again for lunch when it probably isn't as noisy, but won't come back on a weekend night.
- Needs ImprovementNightOutDined on 9/20/2013The Pub encourages smoking by putting a table with ash trays right outside their front door. One has to come within a foot of a smoker to go inside. Occasionally, I forget to tell the waitress to put the dressing on the side, and when I said something to our waitress, she told me I would have to pay another $10.00 for another salad...an Arugula salad mostly a plate of lettuce. Manager reversed that decision, but not behavior one expects. Another member of my party gave me their walnuts, which couldn't have been more stale. As I said, mostly a plate of Arugula, for a pricey restaurant. The ambience is very nice, so they should remedy these other problems.
- great eveningPat56mDined on 9/18/2013All three of us enjoyed our meal. Our table was ready upon our arrival. The waitress came to our table shortly after we sat down and was attentive to us during our meal. They had a Wednesday evening special of a free appetizer if two entrees are ordered. We got the crab and Brie fondue appetizer and it was very good. All three entrees were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but wine too priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2013Enjoyed a nice lunch which included a small glass of house Chardonnay, but my friend & I were quite surprised when the bill came. The rather small glass of wine (1/2 filled white wine glass) was $10! Way too pricey for 1 glass of house wine with lunch. Will go back for the food, but will not have a drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!KDMDDined on 9/3/2013We were celebrating a birthday so we were a large group - service was wonderful and food was great!Special Features:
- I may have rated the foodCharlieChewDined on 8/30/2013I may have rated the food a bit better if not for the high prices. Because of cost I was expecting higher quality dishes. They were quite good. I just didn't think they were worth the amount we paid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Corks is a CorkercookieDined on 8/30/2013We went to Corks for a birthday dinner for the two of us.Our server was wonderful. We tasted a few wines before selecting one that was just right. He was attentive from beginning to end. The martini was cold and dry. We did appetizer to dessert and everthing tasted fine. However, one of the strip steaks had alot of grissle in it.We kept thinking it would get better. It was that way almost the entire steak. The other steak ordered had a little grissle but was fine. The server was apologetic, which was all that was required. This is a lovely little place. The menu could be a little longer on entrees, but the chef turns out delish food.Special Features:
- Always a great meal!Carol926VIPDined on 8/24/2013Have been to County Cork many times and have never been disappointed. Crab cakes are always a hit. Got the Dark and Stormy while waiting for appetizers at the bar and the bartender even gave us the recipe!Special Features:
- Great little pubDebbieDined on 8/23/2013I have eaten at the Cork Wine Pub multiple times. There food is always good! They tend to have some unique items on their menu, which I enjoy trying. Their service is usually very friendly as well. They have a nice bar and plenty of drink options. They serve the best martinis!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little restaurantTravelFoodieDined on 8/17/2013Enjoyed everything about County Cork Wine Pub. Large bar meshes with the dining area nicely. I would definitely make reservations since the dining area is small. Excellent waiter gave helpful recommendations. Crab cake was very good--not the typical Maryland version but nice flavor and spicy. Grouper was very tasty. The Dark & Stormy drink was excellent. This place is high on my list for a repeat visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were at The Cork for aGinthergirl62Dined on 8/6/2013We were at The Cork for a wine pairing and loved every course. It was so much fun! We enjoyed it so much that we went back again. I ordered the prime rib special and it was amazing.....very tender and flavorfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute placeKeithVIPDined on 8/2/2013The place has long narrow area. It was crowded when we got there, which suited fine with my wife. The food was excellent. My wife was very pleased with her food specifically the farmers salad. We tried sample of three wines and we were not crazy about any of the samples. Overall, our dining experience there was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time to this restaurantDonnaVIPDined on 8/2/2013Second time to this restaurant and it was better than the first. Recommend making a reservation for a weekend night. Love the live music on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite Local SpotHollyDined on 7/30/2013I have been coming to County Cork for the past year and LOVE it! I refer all my friends to this bar for the happy hour specials on food and drink. Must try the fries!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerCougar2009Dined on 7/25/2013The waiter could not have possibly been any more attentive and informative if he tried. He knew the beer and wine lists, was helpful with drink choices. His suggestions on the menu were spot on. Everything that we ate was presented wonderfully. I will go again soon and have already recommended this restaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great After Work SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/23/2013We love going to the Cork. Our go to spot in the area for good food, nice atmosphere, and good wine. The popcorn ice cream (when they have it) is the best!Special Features:
- Good but not greatlynnieDined on 7/17/2013I have not been to the restaurant before, even though I live in Eldersburg. My co-worker had gone a few times and recommended getting the coupon deal and trying it out. It happened to be my daughter's 22nd birthday and so myself, her boyfriend and my 14 year old boy went. The service was not great. The food was very good. French fries, nice rosemary flavor. The crab cakes were supposed to be exceptional, but they really weren't. Did not like the corn. Also, had beef and rice dish for my son, pretty good, he is picky. It was a little chewy but pretty tasty. The peach sangria wasn't very tasty, but it was okay. Overall, we would go back, but all the adults did complain a bit about the slowness of the service. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprise!Chef101Dined on 7/12/2013It was the first time my husband & I went to the Cork. The entire experience was easy and fun. From making reservations on Open Table to meeting friends, to enjoying the pub with delicious cocktails & wine to the wonderful menu. The food was fantastic. I love that it had many gluten free options. Thank you!!! We will definitely go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the waitOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/7/2013Service is slow. A bit painfully at times. But the food. Oh my, the food is amazing. Worth the wait. Just be sure to bring your patience along and you'll have a delicious experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cork is worth it!RoncDined on 6/22/2013good value, good food, quality has sustAined over time. Wait staff pretty good, but sometimes they are Iess attentive and talking with their regulars or bar staff. They can't seem to figure out how to use open tables...when I add a note asking for a booth I get a lame excuse that the reservation goes to the owners cell phone and he doesn't shAre the requests...heard that a few times. even with open table, they put walk ins that arrive at same time at better tables than for folks with reservations. In other words, the hostesses need to be retrained or spend a little more money for someone a bit more upscale, instead of the high school girls who are clueless. All that stated, food is good and it can be a fun or romantic place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps getting better!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/19/2013In a strange turn of events I am about to head to the cork for the third time this week, and you know what? I'm excited! Especially since this time is for brunch and their brunch is truly delicious! This is definitely my favorite place to eat in eldersburg. I just had the fish and chips from the new menu and it was so delicious I was a little disappointed my kids loved it to and I had to share. Their meat and cheese plate never disappoints and I I could eat their homemade ice cream and flourless chocolate cake every day. Also, great daily specials like buy two entrees get an app free. Only complaint is the service is hit or miss. Some servers are less attentive then others but I have never been disappointed by the bar staff.Special Features:
- Father's Day BrunchtinkerbellDined on 6/16/2013Great food and the men love the Bloody Mary bar. It was really crowded but still got our table after a few minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left standing at the doorHungryDined on 6/16/2013We arrived exactly on time for the reservation and while the restaurant did have our reservation listed, there was not a table set aside for us. The hostess and owner argued about what to do while my party stood in the doorway for several minutes. Not a good Father's day experience. Wasn't even offered a cup of coffee or water or any consideration while waiting.
- Very interesting menu andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/16/2013Very interesting menu and the food preparation exceeded preparations. We went for brunch on Father's Day, and the service and food was great despite a full house. Brunch menu includes several options for eggs benedict, omelettes and even tacos with fresh ahi. We plan to return to explore the dinner menu, including the cheese/meat plates.Special Features:
- Gem in EldersburgOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/9/2013The County Cork Wine Pub has fantastic food and wonderful staff! We always look forward to dining here. And we have happily recommended this great place to friends! They too have become repeat customers! Looking forward with great anticipation to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome. Fantastic!!!Alan1Dined on 5/25/2013My group of 11 had a awesome time with wine and food. Cindy best waitress. Owner is there to make a difference. Would go back again. Friendly atmosphere. Food presentation impeccable. Artfully placed on the plates. Very clean inside. High back tall stool style chairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New FavoriteBobRDined on 5/24/2013We ended up at the County Cork Wine Pub in Eldersburg the 2 Friday nights. The first night we had to wait a bit longer than hoped, but it was worth it. The second week we got in upon arrival. On Friday's the music is just our style (same music I hear on XM Radio 32 - The Bridge). The scallops in blood orange sauce were fantastic, as was the steak special last Friday. We hope to become regulars. This is a great new find for us. For drinkers, try the unique Dark and Stormy, sort of a Dark and Stormy meets Orange Crush, very tasty (and pricey at $9).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back!!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/21/2013Wine selection was great. Went on half price wine night. Started with the brie. Very good even my son ate it. I had one of the larger salads. Can't wait to go back for more. My husband had the fish and chips and son had the crab cakes. All were very very good. Will be going back for sure.Special Features:
- Nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/18/2013Good food, but they weren't aware we had an open table reservation at the hostesses station, even when we told them we had an Open Table reservation. Afterwards I got an email saying we hadn't honored the reservation. Fortunately I still had my receipt and Open Table awarded the points. Be prepared to fight for your Open Table credits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, classy joint for EldersburgChainsawDined on 5/16/2013My wife and I stopped by for dinner. Excellent service and nice atmosphere. The menu goes a bit far calling some standard food items 'deconstructed' or uses French words I don't speak but it doesn't go too far off the deep end. I think the restaurant would do better with chain saws and pick up trucks on the wall but it's nice to have a local, classy joint. I'm a local resident what can I say? The fries were very good which come standard with garlic. The fish tacos were very good but the steak was mediocre -it was a bit chewy. I plan to go back because prices were not bad and the beverage selection was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good wineBeach4Dined on 5/10/2013We always enjoy the different appetizer and dinner specials at the Cork. They are reasonable and always delicious.This type of restaurant is so needed in Carroll County and especially Eldersburg!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/8/2013This place was recommended to us by a friend. The food was fresh and high quality. Wednesday nights they give a complimentary appetizer with the purchase of 2 adult entrees. We had the crab and brie fondue, which was amazing and couldn't taste any fresher. We split the Black and Bleu Beef Tips and the Crabcakes. The crab cakes had a spicy kick to them and while the sauce seemed heavy, they tasted light. The serving sizes were huge. The mixed potatoes were the best I've ever had. I would go back and order the exact same entrees again in a heartbeat. For dessert, we had popcorn ice cream. Real popcorn in vanilla ice cream drizzled with salted caramel sauce. They make it in-house and it's the only way I want to waste calories on ice cream now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this local spot. Warm,OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/21/2013We love this local spot. Warm, friendly, and great food. Open late during the week which is wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.