9811 York Road
Cockeysville, MD 21030Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.fazzinis.com/
- Phone: 4106676104x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Ari Brownstein
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Fazzini's offers our full menu of classic home made Italian dishes for drop off catering. Please visit us at www.fazzinis.com to view the menu.
- Private Party Facilities: Fazzini's is the perfect location for next your private gathering! Everything that we serve is carefully prepared and cared for until the moment it hits your table. Allow our skilled staff to manage the details as you and your guests enjoy delicious cuisine and an event to remember.
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 8882251937
A word from Fazzini's Taverna
Fazzini's Taverna Specializes in Homemade Pastas, Breads, Sauces and meatballs. Everything that we serve is carefully prepared and cared for until the moment it hits your table. Fazzini's will truly wow you with our homemade food, modest prices and large portions. If you have not been to Fazzini's I urge you to give us an evening and make you a customer for life. We are owner-operated and always have the best interest of our guests and their families in mind.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Fazzini's Taverna reviews from OpenTable diners
177 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (94)good for groups (63)fit for foodies (47)special occasion (39)great for lunch (39)great for outdoor dining (38)kid-friendly (34)notable wine list (33)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (17)romantic (14)late-night find (11)great for brunch (11)scenic view (1)Show More
- DisappointingHoped4moreDined on 5/30/2014Having been a fan of the old location, I thought this would be even better. The food did not come up to the former standards.
- Real Italian FoodKikiDined on 5/30/2014At last! I've been looking for good Italian food since we moved to the area 3 years ago. I hope Fazzini's Taverna keeps their interesting menu of Italian classics combined with a few modern touches. I'm still dreaming of their Charcuterie platter with Blackberry Jam. We'll definitely be back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/29/2014Unusual dishes especially the chick pea fries. Very good brick oven pizza Liquor and wine sale separate but can be brought to the tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointmentIlikefoodDined on 5/29/2014While the house-made pasta was quite good, the place was run like they have never run a restaurant before. Several manager-looking types walking around officiously with stern faces, waving arms around & gesturing at the wait-staff. 4 different servers filled our water glasses, while our own waitress couldn't open our wine bottle, then disappeared for an extended period before finally ignoring our request for dessert, instead bringing us our check. Won't be returning.
- Service LackingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/29/2014Our server was friendly, but needed more practice. Service was a little slow for a place that was not crowded. Our Greek salad was good, but the chicken panini was skimpy and had no pazzaz. I would definitely give it another try.Special Features:
- No Longer Quiet Neighborhood SpotShRADDined on 5/29/2014Fazzini's has been in the neighborhood for years and always produced good food. With the new location, it is all coming together with convenience, good atmosphere, good food and good service. I have visited for lunch and dinner and enjoyed both menus and plan to go back soon. All of the housemade items are delicious and what sets it apart from other chain Italian restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/25/2014Our waitress forgot most things we asked for. We had to remind her of things we asked for. The cook brought out our food and it sat on a service station. He threw up his hands in disgust that there was no one to serve us. Two meals were sent back. Shrimp scampi lacked spices and was just pasta with butter. Supervisor admitted they forgot ingredients. Pasta was mushy...chicken Parmesan was dry...my husband is still complaining. Bill for four was $160 plus tip. They didn't even offer us dessert. It's a shame because it's a pretty restaurant. We won't go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014Service was bad. We waited 10 minutes before anyoneoffered us even water and that was because my husband waved down a waiter who was walking by. There were many waiters just walking around not looking busy but ignoring our take. Once we did get a waiter he never introduced himself and he was very
- Welcome to Tomonium!!!!BarbaraVIPDined on 5/23/2014Congratulations! You rose to our expectations of a wonderful dinner, the kind we have come to expect at Fazzini's. Delicious food, great space, and wonderful service. All this and liquor too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poppizDined on 5/21/2014Everything was fabulous.Our waiters Damien and Brian were knowledgeable, friendly, courteous, professional.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/21/2014Over all, our experience was very nice. Our server was excellent. However, we have two complaints, one person in my party, who ordered a veal dish, stated that his veal was tough but that the sauce was very tasteful. He did tell our waiter, who was apologetic and handled the situation very well. The music, through the sound system, was to loud and was distracting to all of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 45 reviews are from the Fazzini's Taverna reviews archive.
- DisappointedJamesDined on 5/19/2014Perhaps I was victim to my own high expectations. I had nothing but good experiences at the original Fanzines and hoped for an even better situation at their York Road venue. While the restaurant wass much more upscale, it suffered from cooling and sun issues. Service bordered on poor. Whoever thought of using tap water in bottles should rethink the idea. On the rare occasion when water was refilled, it was lukewarm at best. Food was good but the serving sizes did not compare favorably with the older branch. Bread was better here, however.Special Features:
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 5/18/2014We had been to Fazzini's kitchen many many times and always loved the food and were very excited to go to the new big Tavern that just opened. We were a party of 5 adults and a 14 month old little boy. Our waitress was very flighty If you need something you felt that you need to have a fishing pole or something to grab her as she passed by or you could not get her attention. We ordered an appetizer that took forever to come. Once it came, we explained that we did not want to wait too long because of the baby. His order came in 5 minutes. Ours took an additional hour. The portions seemed smaller and not as tasty as we expected for a two and a half our dinner.
- Not up to their old standardsDisappointedDined on 5/18/2014We have been regulars at Fazzini's Cranbrook location ever since it opened. We have raved about their food. The new location was disappointing. The menu is smaller and favorites were missing. Although there were ample tables we ended up at a very small table for two cramped against the prep area. If they had even taken it 4 inches from the wall, we would have felt less like second class citizens. Water was served in a very nice looking but too small and difficult to drink out of glass. Although there was plenty of staff, it took a long time for the waiter to come. The salad was half the size (but the same price) as it had been. Not as good. The food was bland and higher priced. Very disappointing. I want the old Fazzini's back!
- Decent FoodFoodLoverDined on 5/17/2014We had a good meal. The homemade pasta was the highlight. Our servers were very good and attentive. However, the Matre de, Albert, left a lot to be desired. He had an extremely snobby attitude and did not inform us that the rest of our party was waiting for us in the lounge. They had already checked in and he told them he would tell them when we arrived and vice versa. Instead they sat at the bar for 20 minutes and we waited in the vestibule. No apology, nothing. He just didn't seem to care when we arrived or even to say goodnight to the patrons when they left.Special Features:
- Awesome food as alwayskennethDined on 5/17/2014Your expansion to the larger location has not hurt the quality of your food in the least. We will return!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/16/2014If you like Italian, this is the place. Wide variety, reasonable prices. My whole family loved it.Special Features:
- BonsoVIPDined on 5/16/2014New location for a small Italian restaurant from a strip center. Looks nice and was busy. Our waiter was good and attentive. The food was fair, mine wasn't worth taking the rest home( eggplant parm )The drinks were very overpriced which was odd coming from a former byob restaurant. We paid $13.00 for a martini, unheard off for the size of it. They were out of several items at 7:00! We also had to wait 20 minutes for our reservation claiming they where clearing the table...20 minutes? Since there are better Italian restaurants in the area I have no desire to go back.
- Not quite there yetTutNAIDined on 5/15/2014This is a great step for Fazinni's. For so long a carry out gem, which we all know could be a great dine in experience. The food was great, of course. Service and timing needs a bit of work, but for being open a short time I guess some could be forgiven.Special Features:
- Pretty goodTerpfanVIPDined on 5/14/2014First time dining at Fazzini's since their move. Still the best eggplant parmigana anywhere and very good pizza, but some of the food we had wasn't very good at all. The falafel balls were inedible and still showed up on the bill after we said so. They were hard as a rock and mostly breading, which seemed to consist of cornflakes. The pork belly appetizer had far too much going on and the hard carmelized layer on top was nearly too hard and thick to cut and chew. The pizza was good as always and the new pizza offerings we tried were both excellent. For pizza and Italian staples it's terrific. Don't stray far from those, however. Also, they had some nice, inexpensive wine offerings. Uneven experience but we will return.Special Features:
- zetaZetaDined on 5/14/2014Ordered lasagna, surprised that a small salad was not offered for the price of the meal. A bit pricy for the entrée (lasagna alone). Service was good until the end when the waiter returned the wrong check and credit cards (we got the table next to us bill and credit cards) a bit un-nerving. especially in today's environment with identity theft and not knowing who got our bill and credit card. Waiter did get us it resolved.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable dinner. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2014Very enjoyable dinner. Food was very good and would recommend to others. Especially the pasta.Special Features:
- Never disappointed!BluEyesDined on 3/7/2014Always love dining at Fazzinis! From the bread and roasted garlic to dinner. Food is always delicious. Portions are huge! Prices are very reasonable. It's a go to kind of a place for a wonderful meal! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal. NeverOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/22/2014Always a great meal. Never a complaint. Can't wait to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!SandyDined on 2/15/2014Such a great find! We went the 1st time a few weeks ago and have been back every weekend. The food is fabulous! BYOBSpecial Features:
- Meat sauce is dreamy...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/19/2014I read about Fazzini's and had never made the drive out -- I live in Mt. Vernon. I finally went with some friends and literally (not figuratively) had the best meat sauce I've ever had -- better than anywhere in NY, DC or CA I've eaten. I thought about it for days. Finally went back a couple of days ago for a second time and had the meat sauce again and sigh it was still the best. In addition, homemade pasta and bread -- I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good food and friendlyJHG89Dined on 12/21/2013very good food and friendly service--homemade pasta and exceptionally fresh seafoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent foodJsidesDined on 12/15/2013The bread and olive oil in the beginning was great. The mussels were very good. Pizza was too heavy on the cheese and therefore greasy in my opinion. Spinach was too salty but would have been great if less salt was added. This is a good place to go for a quick dinner when you are in the mood for Italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistent, great Italian foodrunnergirlDined on 11/14/2013We love Fazzini's. The food is consistently good and reasonably priced. It's a BYOB which makes it even more affordable more often. We've dined as a couple as well as with a group of friends and always have good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, reasonable pricesGordoVIPDined on 11/9/2013The food was delicious and very plentiful. There was even enough to take home for dinner the next night. The pasta is homemade, and you can really taste the difference. We also appreciated the fact that it is BYOB, although there is a charge for glasses. I thought the ambience was too much like a casual pizza restaurant for food of that quality and imagination, even for a strip shopping center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatCockeysvillePeteDined on 10/19/2013I overheard one of the waiters arguing with an older couple about where they were being seated. At one point heard him say quite loudly "The food is going to taste the same whether you're sitting here or over there." Our waitress was very good though. I ordered the chicken parmesan, just didn't taste right. There are multiple better Italian places to go to in the area and I don't plan on coming back here. This is my second trip, my first trip wasn't much better.
- Great FoodDisappointedDined on 10/5/2013Located in a strip mall, I wasn't expecting to have a great meal. But I was pleasantly suprised. The food was excellent . I was pleasantly suprised. If you're looking for big high back leather chairs, table cloth service and beautiful decor you're better off going to little italy. However if you want great food, I highly recommend it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little priceyBaltoLadDined on 8/20/2013Most of the entrees were around $20-25 and provided a large plate of food. This is great if you like leftovers, but not so great if what you really want is a low-priced meal. Service was excellent. BYOB is fab - although there's a $2 corkage fee per person. This restaurant is worth trying, but would be better with smaller portions and lower prices (or perhaps the option for a half portion).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden TreasureluvgoodfoodDined on 8/18/2013Yelped to find an Italian restaurant in Cockeysville and what a find! I am a vegan who is really choosey about fresh and whole foods and everything dish was outstanding from the excellent bread with a wonderful olive oil dipping sauce with roasted garlic. The salad dressing was incredible as was the homemade penne pasta and marinara sauce. I had the primavera and the waitress was most gracious and accommodating. My friend had an eggplant dish and she was as delighted as I. Thank you Gary and your wonderful staff for providing a pleasant dining experience with the best food ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great meal! Three entreesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2013What a great meal! Three entrees fed 4 hungry adults. We loved it so much we got take-out 2days later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place! Food was awesomelpita10Dined on 8/7/2013Great place! Food was awesome and its BYOB! Service was great as well!!! I cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hidden gem in Hunt ValleyJenbethangelVIPDined on 7/7/2013This was a fantastic find. We're from out of town visiting local relatives, and a friend who'd eaten here before came with us. The service was very friendly and great with my young kids. The food, from the homemade pasta Bolegnese to the chicken parmesan to the salads and rolls was excellent, seems like home-cooked. We also sampled the cannoli, tiramisu, carrot cake and chocolate cake. All were fantastic, It's a BYO place, which we liked because we could share our own wine. Reasonably priced, too. The only thing I would change is the decor-it was a bit bare-bones.Special Features:
- Not fancy but fabulousgrumpyDined on 7/5/2013Italian food prepared in a special way with obvious skill and care. Fazzini's offers a culinary delight in a neighborhood setting. you want fabulous Italian fare, there is no need to spend twice the price.Special Features:
- Very good Italian foodcarolepeteVIPDined on 5/25/2013Nice shopping plaza restaurant, BYOB, liquor store in shopping plaza, good service. very good food!Special Features:
- chicken parm. had very littleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013chicken parm. had very little sauce and cheese. It was more like fried chicken.Special Features: