Eden Burger Bar
333 1/2 North Verdugo Road
Glendale, CA 91206Neighborhood:
BurgersPrice: $30 and under
Eden Burger Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.edenburgerbar.com/
- Phone: 8185522212x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Thursday 11 AM to 11 PM
Friday to Saturday 11 AM to 12 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Eden Burger Bar
Innovative interpretations of classic burgers on a bistro menu that satisfy the most discriminating burger lovers - that's what elevates Eden Burger Bar above the rest. Eden Burgers are composed from inside out - some lavishly stuffed with premium meats and cheeses, some accompanied by dipping sauces that add complexity to the dish. Yet, these modern, artful burgers still hold true enough to tradition to satisfy lovers of a classic bacon cheeseburger, medium-rare. Eden's streamlined design and upscale atmosphere is perfect for a business bite, ladies night, or romantic date - bartenders are even equipped to suggest the perfect wine or artisinal beer to go along with your Eden Burger. Want to indulge in a complex classic in a modern, plush atmosphere? Eden Burger Bar just might be your version of Paradise. There's nothing here to distract you from pure burger bliss.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Eden Burger Bar - Best Restaurants in Glendale ›
Eden Burger Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (13)great for lunch (11)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)special occasion (6)good for groups (4)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)romantic (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- An elegant and romantic burger baratsoleVIPDined on 9/9/2013Sounds like an oxymoron but in fact that's what Eden is. A groovy, elegant and chic atmosphere serving a delightful menu of creative and ever so tasty burgers, pizzas and other pub classics. I had the Fig Burger (without prosciutto) and loved the combination of flavors! My husband got the Blue burger and we were very impressed with the perfect balance of blue cheese and meat. Instead of an appetizer we shared a Pomodori Pizza and the gooey cheese and spices was divine. We had a hard time stopping to leave room for our burger. My only complaint is the lack if dessert options. The macaroons were ok, but not impressive, and the frozen yogurt machine was broken. So you really should go elsewhere for a sweet tooth. But overall, loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, not-so-great serviceDisappointedDined on 8/30/2013We had chicken wings and antipasto salad to start. Both were well presented and tasted great. For the mains, each of us had a different burger and shared the bistro and sweet potato fries. All again were delicious. They also have a nice beer selection to choose from. Service was slow, inattentive and clumsy at best. It took almost 15 minutes to take our drink order, and we had to ask for water three times before we got any. The guy who brought our food over didn't know which burger was which let alone who ordered what. It was hot inside and it seemed there was no air conditioning on either. Overall a disappointing experience. It's really too bad considering the high food quality and fair prices. I would not go back.Special Features:
- Best Burger in the area!Diablito93Dined on 8/24/2013Aged beef, great toppings, amazing monthly creations, a great beer and wine list and outstanding service! This place is a gem! Try the Rehab Burger your first time in and you will be back over and over again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They really are good burgers!greenieVIPDined on 8/23/2013Just opened and a friend said it was "the best burger on the planet" so we figured we had better give them a try. My family had the beef burgers and loved them. I had the veggie burger and it was the best veggie burger I've ever had! I like that they have beverage options made with sugar, not hfcs, and the organic cider was delicious. Our waitress was very nice and the decor was cute. The only thing that I didn't love was the "off gassing" smell when you walk in, but that, I'm sure, will dissipate soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just for meat eaters!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/20/2013great little neighborhood restaurant with vegetarian optionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING BURGERSMARIAMBDined on 8/9/2013I am not a burger eater, but eat burgers at this place. Love it and ever friend or family i took there they felt the same best MariamSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and BEER!jon5ctsVIPDined on 8/3/20132nd time. Food great again. Service could have been better. Forgot sald and took a while for food. Also refill on iced tea took my flagging down and asking. Still it was late lunch and food was REALLY good. GREAT BEER selection. Why aren't you going here?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find w/ GREAT BEER selectionjon5ctsVIPDined on 7/28/2013Delicious food, good service and outstanding beer selection. Came in late night on a Sunday, so it was quiet. Can't figure out why. Definitely worth going. Recommend to all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2013Might be one of the best burgers I've ever had. Can't wait to get back there and try another one from the incredible selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I finally made it!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/21/2013After hearing high praises from colleagues, I FINALLY made it over for lunch. I had the lamb burger and truffle fries......WOW!! Friendly staff and great service. My only small criticism is that they didn't confirm my reservation. I had to "prove" to OpenTable that I was there by emailing a scan of my receipt. Kind of a hassle.... Otherwise great experience and I plan to be back often to try the rest of the menu. : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chic ComfortGambearDined on 6/19/2013Eden is great for everything from a casual lunch to celebrations. The crew is friendly and informative, they truly know their restaurant and all it has to offer. The food is delicious. The beer selections is amazing and the wines are worthy of the journey. We consider ourselves regulars.Special Features:
- We were going to go to theHyeDocVIPDined on 5/30/2013We were going to go to the Lebanese restaurant across the street, but it was too busy. This place was perfect--right in with Open Table, very congenial greeting upon entry, great hospitality from the waitress, and best of all, fantastic burger!Special Features:
- gourmet burgersreeksDined on 5/11/2013awesome place, great food but service is just okay. servers get confused when it involves big parties. not to mention, a/c was broken so it made the place unbearably hot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place doesn't disappoint...EllbeaDined on 4/19/2013The place doesn't disappoint... Maybe our 5 th time here. The menu changed.. A bit. I wish one of those changes was a more reasonable beverage service ( soda on fountain) . The food is very good and the service is always friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Great food, ambiance and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/13/2013Great food, ambiance and service. Will definitely come back.Special Features:
- HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2013This is a place I found on yelp with great comments and an intresting menu. I went there for lunch and no one else was there. The outdoor patio was very small. The waitress was not very welcoming at all. When I ordered my food she was quite rude and frankly judge metal about me asking for mt burger to be well done. We got a burger and a duck burger and truffle fries. When the food arrived the presentation was very poor and my burger had a sauce all over the plate and made my bun soggy. The duck burger tasted like nothing no flavor at all. The truffle fries were ok really greasy. We were never checked on or asked if we wanted anything else. All in all bad service bad food and expensive. I would never tell anyone to eat here.Special Features:
- Poor Service but a Good BurgerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2013It is a shame that we had such poor service (and on Valentine's Day...) because the food was really wonderful. I had never heard of a Chocolate Burger before, and was really pleasantly surprised... delicious. French fries (both the truffle and sweet potato) were excellent as well. I also had a great red wine. I will say our dessert was clearly out-of-the-freezer and was still much too cold. Our server was absent for 95% of the meal, clearly overwhelmed when the restaurant was less than 1/4th full, I watched her spill an entire platter of sauce onto another customer. We waited about 20 minutes to be given our final check, and instead of thanking us and wishing us a good night, she threw the check on the table, whispered "sorry," & ran away..Special Features:
- We've been wanting to go sinceKarlitaTDined on 2/9/2013We've been wanting to go since reading the Yelp reviews and because it's right in our neighborhood. Finally, we got a night out and it was a great meal! We started with the house wine which was great. I had the blue burger and my husband had a special burger with bacon. Of course, we had the much-touted truffle fries and they lived up to the hype. Macarons finished off our meal. Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- This is your place if you love burgSusanSzVIPDined on 1/30/2013They have a interesting selection of gourmet burgers. I chose the blue cheese burger cooked medium. It was very good except it was more rare to medium rare in a few spots. My friend chose the burger with fig, sun dried tomatoes and prosciutto. She thought it was excellent. All sides are a la carte so we shared an order of delicious truffle fries. We also shared a dessert of 3 French macarons. Server was very attentive and friendly. Ambiance was dark....trying to be edgy.....which is a big contrast from the outside of the building. Overall, though, we enjoyed.Special Features:
- Truffle fries were amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/25/2013Truffle fries were amazing! Great gourmet burger choices!Special Features:
- Eden Burger elevates the burgerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/23/2013Eden Burger elevates the burger into their art, and rather on resting their laurels, they keep innovating their menu. Hope they do a buffalo or bison burger soon, still meat, but lean and tasty. The truffle fries and onion rings are divine, never fail to please. Brittany rocks the house, and makes the experience even more transcendent. Have tried the Vino pizza and Eden Club, also excellent. Always vow to try other pizzas, but who can resist these burgers? Eden Burger motivates me to keep working out because I know the rewards are mouthwatering heavenly.Special Features:
- Loved the Banh Mi Burger.ashin220VIPDined on 12/20/2012Loved the Banh Mi Burger. It is the best burger, hands down.Special Features:
- A great restaurant find awayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/2/2012A great restaurant find away from the hectic crowds of downtown Glendale. Convenient parking, relatively small menu, but all items we've tried so far have been excellent. Very good wine and beer selection in a comfortable, quietly elegant setting. Staff are attentive and responsive, but not intrusive. Have returned since for a late night meal after theater performance and experience was again excellent.Special Features:
- Food and service were fineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012Food and service were fine but we were expecting a little more in the area of ambiance and setting. More like a diner in stripmall than cozy eatery with gourmet burgers. Dips were excellent to go along with onion rings and my Firehouse burger was good.Special Features:
- Everyone there is excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/5/2012Everyone there is excellent. Wendy and Brittany -- top notch! Also tried most of the burgers -- Firehouse, Fig, Portobello, Pastrami and the special Duck Burger. French fries, onion rings, and sweet potato fries hit the spot. All delicious. I hear soon there will be an alligator burger. Just wish that every burger came with the in house pickle.Special Features:
- Overall great neighborhoodNee22Dined on 11/3/2012Overall great neighborhood restaurant with good service and great food.Special Features:
- Love Eden Burger Bar. I hateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012Love Eden Burger Bar. I hate to share my 5 star rating to others since I don't want Eden's to become so popular, we can't get a table. The burgers are to die for. My fav, the Fig, Procutto burger. And I almost flipped over the truffle fries. They have wine selections but they have an extensive and amazing beer list too. I LOVE THIS PLACE. MUST try.Special Features:
- Awesome burgers, great vibe,Dcieslak59Dined on 10/4/2012Awesome burgers, great vibe, fantastic service - loved it!Special Features:
- While the food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/1/2012While the food and service were fantastic, the decor and feel in the place were bizzare. Add in the creepy Armenian guys smoking, clipping their nails, and hanging out in the odd little parking lot, the place gets a little creepy.Special Features:
- The restaurant was firm onOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/29/2012The restaurant was firm on "no-substitutions" or changes to their burgers. I found it to be plain silly - give customers what they want. I would not go back.
- Excellent burgers, with theOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/28/2012Excellent burgers, with the beef aged 35 days. Lamb burger is also outstanding. Beer list is excellent also, although a bit pricey. Wait staff led by Kerryis knowledgeable bad attentive. A great experience in dining. Don't be unnerved by the somewhat odd decor, the food is fantastic!Special Features:
- What a fantastic find! LovedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012What a fantastic find! Loved the atmosphere........the DJ was playing a great mix of songs, the food was excellent.......best onion rings I have ever had, and the staff was super friendly. We will definately be going back in the very near future.Special Features:
- Mouthwatering Gourmet BurgersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2012After reading a glowing review in the LA Times we had to try this place! They have incredible burger concoctions that create delectable flavors from a variety of sometimes unexpected ingredients. I had a burger built around figs! My wife's burger was filled inside with blue cheese. The truffle fries were heavenly. As were the French macaroons we enjoyed for dessert. The ambiance is eclectic and a bit dark. We enjoyed the lower noise level and the terrific service. The entire staff are proud of their place and eager to please. No delays and an overall terrific experience. An unusual gourmet meal at a very reasonable price. We plan on becoming regulars!Special Features:
- The DJ was way too loud, butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2012The DJ was way too loud, but the food was delicious and the decor was great.Special Features:
- Food was good - in fact myOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/27/2012Food was good - in fact my Kobe burger was very good...but it seems dumb you can order certain burger specials without certain items but cannot add if the item does not already come with it. Service was poor at times, okay at times, thus overall - fair. Waited 15 minutes after being seated just to order drinks - and the place had 2 servers and only 2 other tables. Servers were pleasant and courteous but just not attentive. Still, the burger being so good - I would probably return.Special Features:
- As a customer, I don't appreciateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2012As a customer, I don't appreciate the "no add on" rule, especially if one were to ask for something on the side of the dish. It's arrogant and none accommodating and doesn't provide the best ambiance for your restaurant.