243 Northampton Street
Easton, PA 18042Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.therivergrille.com/
- Phone: 6109235110
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30 am - to 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; CLOSED: Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Nathan Roth
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from River Grille
The cuisine and surroundings of River Grille are contemporary and dynamic. Unlike many gourmet establishments, River Grille speaks the language of stylish value. River Grille is known for its energy and design. High ceilings, marbleized columns, minimalist paintings all contrast against its striking stainless steel open face kitchen. River Grille captures the style of the city without charging metropolitan prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
River Grille - Best Restaurants in Easton ›
River Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)good for groups (27)special occasion (22)fit for foodies (22)romantic (14)hot spot (11)great for lunch (11)vibrant bar scene (9)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (4)Show More
- Great meal as usual!JoemidiVIPDined on 1/25/2014My wife and I have been here before and each time it gets better if that's possible. This time it was restaurant week and we wanted to go out for my birthday close to home. I'm not too happy with a lot of the places around here for various reasons, but this place I feel is one of the best places nearby. Depending on where you live you might find this place over priced, but since the food is outstanding I have to say it's well worth it. I truly do recommend going here. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekPinkyPromise2Dined on 1/23/2014I had dinner at River Grille with two friends during Easton Restaurant Week 2014. It was fantastic. There had been a storm the day before, so the restaurant was still fairly empty the evening we went. Lucky us! We had such attention from our bartender and server. The menu choices were excellent and we found each dish we tried delicious. The crab cake appetizer was especially fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- State Theater NightBeepaDined on 1/18/2014Enjoyed our dinner. Our server was attentive on a Busy night as many were going to the show...we had been to this restaurant several times and enjoyed our meals.Special Features:
- Good Food and Friendly PeopleOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/18/2014We had a reservation and were sat right away. Place was crowded at 6PM on Saturday. Wait staff was friendly and attentive. Food was very good, but took a very long time from order to table (about 45 min). We had tickets for 8PM show so had to skip desert and coffee. Nice place to relax with a friend.
- Excellent as Alwaysmsing26Dined on 1/11/2014Food was perfectly prepared and very tasty. Service was excellent. For an upscale restaurant, it was a very quick turnaround. Appetizers came within 5 minutes of ordering, and entrees and dessert was very timely. Reasonable prices also.Special Features:
- rushed new year's eve mealbodoDined on 12/31/2013My husband and I had dinner last New Year's eve at this restaurant too. What a difference. Our table was in the front casual room with families with young children. The food was cold. We ate our 3 course meal including a bottle of wine and coffee in less than one hour. We felt rushed.Special Features:
- Easton FavFun4KRx2Dined on 12/31/2013One of the best meals to be had in Easton. Always a fav. Even on a holiday service was fabulous!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It keeps getting betterAliceDined on 12/30/2013I love this place. Service can't be beat and the food is excellent. The bar noise was a bit loud but bearableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Eve DinnertedrsDined on 12/24/2013Service could not have been better. Steak I had could have been. Lobster bisque was very good. Above average overall mainly b/c of the nice atmosphere and exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy and deliciousCassiDined on 12/24/2013None of us had ever eaten here before - a pleasant surprise. Salads were excellent though the Autumn Salad had too many overpowering sweet dried fruits. Mom and I had the short ribs which were served over the smoothest garlic mashed potatoes I have ever tasted and topped with frizzled onions. Too few wonderfully sweet baby carrots completed the dish. The ribs were boneless and delicious, though they did begin to dry out after about ten minutes. The dish lacked the delicious gravy they most-likely had been cooking in all day. Dad had the Cornish hen special which he thoroughly enjoyed. Some wines were decently priced and we enjoyed a bottle. Dessert and specialty coffee completed our excellent meal. The only negative was the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic tuna, chop salad,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/23/2013Fantastic tuna, chop salad, & spring rolls. Calamari was rubberySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Business Dinner was GREATbjvcray5Dined on 12/4/2013Had a group of 10 for a business dinner. Food and atmosphere were fabulous. It was the perfect venue all around. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty averageSamanthaDined on 11/30/2013I took my boyfriend here for his birthday. Neither of us had ever to River Grille before. We were really impressed with the atmosphere of the place, but the food was nothing to write home about. My steak was overcooked but my sides were good. I didn't raise a big stink with the waitress or anything because I didn't want to make a big deal of things; we were more concerned with enjoying each other's company than getting the restaurant to keep making us food. Hopefully this was just one lackluster experience and isn't a trend - I have heard many great things about this place. If I go back I probably just won't order the steak.Special Features:
- GREAT FOR PRE SHOW DINNER---FASTRICHVIPDined on 11/30/2013GREAT FOR PRE SHOW DINNER---FAST SERVICE+GOOD/VERY GOOD FOOD. VERY NOISY AT TABLES IN BAR. ASKED TO BE MOVED TO BACK-NO PROBLEM.Special Features:
- so glad we picked this placeGreatEatsDined on 11/22/2013the four of us really enjoyed our entrees. they got us in and out in an hour; plenty of time for our show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2013Place was very dark (at least where we were seated and menus were tough to read. Had to ask if there were specials. While cooked the way we asked, it arrived luke warm not hot.
- ExperianceCooleyDined on 11/16/2013Very nice restaurant, the ambiance is very appealing for those who want to a calm and relaxed setting. The food was very good. I would recommend this spot for couples, and business lunch. The appetizer (Butterfly shrimp, biscuit and a seafood gravy) comfort food, made me smile!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- River Grille RocksAuntroroDined on 11/8/2013We just had a wonderful dining experience at The River Grille last Friday evening. Our son is a freshman at Lafayette College and we will certainly be back! The service and the food were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed!melissaDined on 11/8/2013My family and I were looking forward to a nice dinner. The margarita pizza was bland. My entree, chicken penne vodka was just edible. My daughter's meal was awful. However, my son enjoyed his salmon and my husband liked his flounder.Special Features:
- First time dining hereABEFoodieDined on 11/2/2013Not ever eating here before the server suggested some of her favorites. My wife had the stuffed pork chop special with wild rice and asparagus and I had the lobster pasta plate and OMG it was amazing. We couldn't believe we have never tried this place before it was delicious! We will def be dining there again soon and we will be telling our friends and family about this yummy Gem. The food was A+ and the service was A++. The chef even delivered our meal to us. I wish all restaurants took some notes on service from this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindHbgBobDined on 10/19/2013We were meeting a friend of ours for dinner in a city where we had never eaten before. We booked this restauarnt based upon the reviews in Open Table. It did not dissapoint. The menu was large enough to have enough variety to suit everyone in our party while not being overwhealming. Everything we ordered was fabulous. The service was great and we hung around well after we were done eating without being made to feel uncomfortable. We will definately be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good ExperienceLarryDined on 10/19/2013The food was excellent.The service was good. I give it only a good because our foursome requested bread, and since the basket held a miniscule amount, we had to keep ordering. This was annoying and persisted even after I asked the waitress to make sure the next basket had a large amount in it. The bread was excellent. The servings of food were not as large as the website implied, although they were all delicious delicious. We will return there the next time we are in Easton, PASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dinnerGrandpaDined on 10/18/2013The front dining room was a little loud so we asked to be seated in back room near the kitchen. That was very comfortable. Wife and I had black & blue rib eye ordered medium; very tasty - will order medium rare next time. Grandaughter had chicken Milanese -ate everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food. Good service.FoodlvrDined on 10/14/2013Excellent food. Good service. Monday night- very quiet. Mainly had soups, salads and apps. Nothing was left on any plate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WASTE OF MONEY!kellshanDined on 10/12/2013The drinks were absolutely awful...carmal apple martini and cucumber tonic---gross-- we had a party of 6, and 3 out of 6 of us were not happy with the food. Someone from our group ordered duck, and could not even eat it because it was too tough. The manager came over and asked if there was anything else on the menu he would like to order, and he ordered the shrimp scampi about after 20 minutes he comes out with a margarhita pizza with shrimp under the pizza. i will never, ever recomend anyone go here. I went there previously, and dont ever recall the service, food and drinks being this awful..
- A Favorite PlaceFunandfoodPhilDined on 10/5/2013The River Grille consistently delivers fine dining in a relaxed atmosphere. The service is always very professional and attentive. We have gone here for family and work gatherings and have had memorable experiences.Special Features:
- bday dinner with kids/grandkidpard76Dined on 10/5/2013After homecoming at lafayette college , and as a bday celebration, we meet at the river grille. We have been eating here during our kids attendance at lafayette since its opening...always good food, nice bar, great waitstaff. Almost too good..they seem to train the busboys/girls to clear the table in a hurry...should let it linger a little..the restaurant was not full and it gives the impression of eat and run...extremely attentive staff and outstanding waitress. Food always good, and presented well....a recommended restaurant in the easton, pa. area...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fairly extensive menuJoeGVIPDined on 10/5/2013The food wasn't as good as the service. Our group sat in the outdoor section and it was warm and noisy due to street commotion and a loud group seated 2 tables away from us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulRBellDined on 9/28/2013Making a reservation was easy and convenient ( we also were able to suggest a booth). I loved every aspect of dining here! From the drinks, to the appetizers, and the dinner (I wish I had room for dessert ). The service was the best I've ever had, and as a server of my family restaurant, it's definitely something I notice. Teres, our server, was attentive but not over-bearing. She also had conversations with us like a human and not robotic. She was lively, and made the already great experience even more enjoyable. When we got the check, we were pleasantly surprised by the affordability for such exquisite food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT!!!LoisDined on 9/26/2013We love The River Grille! We have never had anything there that we didn't like. The food is always done to perfection and the staff couldn't be better or nicer. It is always our "go to" place when we want to go out for a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyKathleenDined on 9/21/2013We dined there before seeing a show at The State Theatre. It was the perfect beginning to a wonderful night for my husband and me.Special Features:
- wonderful.karenobmDined on 9/6/2013The patio room was comfortable. The dinner experience was wonderful. The staff is warm and professional. Our waiter, Shawn created an experience that made us feel welcome and engaged. The food was fresh, delicious and incredible. They had a wine list that impressed our friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining for TwococinaDined on 9/6/2013This restaurant has a very creative luncheon menu, the food is delicious, the portions are appropriately sized, the service was prompt and attentive, and the selection of desserts was splendid. Prices were reasonable.Special Features:
- Great family celebrationDontcookDined on 9/4/2013There was something for everyone on the menu without being too large. Each dish was perfectly cooked and seasoned. The beet salad was excellent Tuna was cooked perfectly rare and the wasabi mashed potatoes a perfect compliment Disappointed with hurried service on a very quiet evening and no lava cake for my daughter Wait staff could of been more professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I keep coming backAliceDined on 8/29/2013The River Grille maintains its high standards of both food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2013Our server was a delight, the food was very good and it was a wonderful night. They've done a great job in downtown Easton and carmen and I enjoy everytime we're down there and the River Grille is always a solid choice. Our server took our drink orders right away and they made sure our "special order" was right on. Apps came out right away but our entrees came out very quickly after that, but they were prepared as ordered. The timing on the rest of the evening was perfect and we certainly recommend the River Grille to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchmendockjVIPDined on 8/24/2013Took wife and kids for lunch and had a wonderful experience as usual. Really enjoy the service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Are you guys still working on that?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2013Reservation was easy (even though it was a late reservation, made just 2 hours before). Location is very nice. Ambiance is wonderful, although I'm a little surprised a reservation would be seated in the back where the experience is not very private. Food was very good (we had the Fried Calamari, Salmon, and the Swordfish). The service was unfortunately overbearing. And even for being overly attentive they failed to ask if we wanted to hold onto our appetizer (calamari) and have the entrees served (thus the food was a little dry, probably bc it was held too long). Maybe it was just our experience but on a very slow Saturday night there was no reason to feel rushed or hovered over!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2013The service was great, food was excellent, atmosphere was friendly. Overall wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group Business DinnerKathyKDined on 8/5/2013Arranged for a private group business dinner with worldwide attendees...had the back room all to ourselves...arranged for appetizers buffet style and a limited menu of my choice...atmosphere, food and service were wonderful...received many compliments from our group. Thxn Mic and ChipSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.