243 Northampton Street
Easton, PA 18042Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.therivergrille.com/
- Phone: 6109235110
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30 am - to 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; CLOSED: Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Nathan Roth
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from River Grille
The cuisine and surroundings of River Grille are contemporary and dynamic. Unlike many gourmet establishments, River Grille speaks the language of stylish value. River Grille is known for its energy and design. High ceilings, marbleized columns, minimalist paintings all contrast against its striking stainless steel open face kitchen. River Grille captures the style of the city without charging metropolitan prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
River Grille - Best Restaurants in Easton ›
River Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)good for groups (27)special occasion (22)fit for foodies (22)romantic (14)hot spot (11)great for lunch (11)vibrant bar scene (9)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (4)Show More
- Great food in EastonRainmanmoDined on 5/13/2014Staff was outstanding and knew their menu. It was clean and very relaxing. The food was outstanding and cooked to perfection. A great experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back soonNoteasytoimpressDined on 5/13/2014Outstanding restaurant, brought a client in for dinner and he was blown away. The steak was delicious, and the staff couldn't have been more attentive. The owner came over to say hello and to suggest an appetizer. It was a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyablehappytrails69Dined on 5/11/2014We were happy to find the River Grille. We especially enjoy the steak!
- Great spot in downtown Easton!Food4lifeDined on 5/11/2014Enjoy a great selection of foods and drinks prepared by a discerning chef. Foods were fresh, colorful, healthful and delicious. Service was terrific. Fun and relaxing time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeNanbearyDined on 5/9/2014Foods is great and the area is really cozy. I want to try to eat at lunch time. We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and BadDirectormanDined on 5/3/2014The food was delicious and the drinks were quite good. Our female server was very efficient. However, very loud and the front door being wedged open allowed cigarette smoke to infiltrate the room and irritate my wife and I. I think I would prefer going for lunch when it would be a little more subdued. All I all, an 80% rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationPhilDined on 4/28/2014First time dining here. Had great food options for teenagers through adult. Great service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant unplanned experienceZmstangDined on 4/26/2014Great experience for an unplanned Saturday night dinner; The menu has a great variety for anyone's taste. Wonderful staff, very accommodating to special dietary needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- close to State Theatre-grat findluvmaggianosDined on 4/25/2014Enjoyed the salmon especially. Would definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale DiningSusieeatsDined on 4/20/2014Delicious dinner with impeccable service. Our daughter who attends College nearby really enjoys the food here !Special Features:
- Loved it!!SmartdinningDined on 4/20/2014Our family ate at River Grille Easter for bunch we are hoping they decide to have this every year. It was a beautiful day so we go to eat in the area where the windows open. It was elegant dinning at a casual price!!!.........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would have been terrific if noiseHoneyBDined on 4/12/2014level had been anywhere near tolerable. We could not even talk with each other. There are many options to deal with noise in a space this size, and something should be done here. Due to this problem, I cannot recommend RG to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantHimmelDined on 4/12/2014Food was great. Service excellent. Noise level was terrible. 6 people at out table and could not have a conversation with anyone. Loud table behind us which spoiled it for everyone in the room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Theatre DiningJESTANOJEVDined on 4/5/2014We have never been to Easton to dine before this. We had tickets for a show at the State Theatre and wanted to have dinner nearby.Iwent online and made reservations at the River Cafe. When we got to Easton, we mistakenly went to the River Grille. It turned out to be a very pleasant surprise. Excellent food, good service and very nice restaurant. The noise level is a bit of a distraction but very thing else was first class. I would reccommend this restaurant to all who enjoy fine dining. I give it 5 stars for all but the noise issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and food.ChaseDined on 4/5/2014Excellent service and food. Were not rushed...plan 90 minutes to 2 hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went with a group of 4. FoodanonDined on 4/4/2014Went with a group of 4. Food was excellent. Service was attentive but not hovering. Great place to for dinner before a show.Special Features:
- Upscale Dining in EastonJohnDined on 4/2/2014Met a colleague traveling for work from Chicago for dinner. Service was prompt and polite. The food was very good. I had the swordfish my colleauge had the crab pasta. The wine list was short, but adequete. Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/29/2014We love coming to th River Grille. The service is always spot on and the food is fantastic. My husband and I had the beet salad, tuna tartare and each had a pasta dish. Mine the Bianca and his the Occiarita w/ homemade sausage. We get the second often as it is extremely flavorful. The menu is thoughtful and diverse. From seafood, to pasta to steaks, there is somethng for everyone and it is reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Tasty food on a rainy nightLeopardVIPDined on 3/29/2014Been here many times. Food seems to be getting better too. Only complaint i would have its that they weren't too busy so the people with the water pitchers were coming around too much - at least we werent thirsty. Food and service was great otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great night with friends!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014The Food was delicious and staff was attentive. Would definitely recommend to a friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!johnwDined on 3/15/2014My wife and I had dinner on a Saturday night and we really enjoyed the entire experience. At first we were seated near the entrance to the rear dining area and the owner quickly can and seated us near a wall for more privacy. Our waitress was very pleasant and provided us with excellent service. The food was also fantastic. The ambiance was very nice and the atmosphere was very lively. My wife and I have three children and we very seldom go out on a date so we expect a lot when we we go to a nice restaurant. The River Grille was a great experience and we will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for a good dinnerLehighcaneDined on 3/14/2014Didn't have any plans and looked for available table. We had never been to the restaurant and we were pleasantly surprised. Great service, nice atmosphere and great food, very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was very good.BhweoDined on 3/7/2014Everything was very good. We arrived an hour early but were accommodated immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- River Wait GrilleOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/1/2014We went here for a special occasion, but afterwards wished we hadn't. We had a 7pm reservation, and when we arrived, were told they were running 15-20 minutes behind, which didn't seem to bad. But we didn't get seated until 7:45, which to me is unacceptable even for a Saturday, they must have issues with overbooking the restaurant, which is not fair to the patons expecting to sit close to their reservation time. I had the black n blue steak, which was just ok, as was my appetizer, shrimp & dumplings.
- River GrilleFlavorguyDined on 3/1/2014We had not been to dinner in Easton before and came to River Grille to check it out. Very energetic place, creative menu and for a busy night the service was great. A little loud at first but then once the crowd thinned out it was easier to hear. Great food, perhaps a little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the wallHotdogDined on 3/1/2014We were seated in a private room. It was packed with 20-30 people. The noise level was uncomfortable , bouncing off the stucco walls.Maybe a table in the main restaurant would have better,don't know.
- March 1st 2014GregDined on 3/1/2014Had reservations..seated immediately..great wait staff..recommend the Calamari and Riverview salad. We've never had a bad meal here, consistently Good! Great menu, from steak, pasta to seafood..Easton pa's finest!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect.BillDined on 2/28/2014Everything was great as it is Every time we eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful FoodBakermanDined on 2/21/2014The salads at this place are astounding and should never be skipped. All the seafood is especially tasty as well. Just a great spot for a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burned food5bunchDined on 2/14/2014This restaurant was not what I expected, the ambiance was good and was well staffed, but the food did not meet our expectations. We ordered shrimp Florentine and a steak dish (can't recall the exact name). The shrimp Florentine dish was very small and the steak dish had burned potatoes and over cooked steak overdone in their sauce. It seems they tried to cover up the potatoes because the dish had the good side up and the burned part was facing downward. We also had Sangria, which was not to our liking, was watered down, will NOT be dining here again.Special Features:
- The food and atmosphere wasBethlehemdinerDined on 2/14/2014The food and atmosphere was awesome. It was valentines day so service was slower than normal. Overall a great place to go for dinner or lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Dinner DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014It was a great spot for a romantic Valentine's Day dinner; the specials were unique and the food flavors were exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely night outluv2eatDined on 2/8/2014Enjoyed a wonderful dinner with a friend. The wait staff was attentive and courteous. The swordfish was very good with a wonderful mango chutney and triple berry crumble for dessert. Good-sized portions. A perfect meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014The service was very friendly and spot on. The ONLY thing I cant stand is when restaurants have 3 concierges and the chef coming to your table every 5 minutes to either clear something, or ask you how everything is. (Kind of like being in a micro-managed vortex), which is a bit unnerving when you're trying to have a conversation with your partner. Other than that.. the food was awesome, and priced fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014Great atmosphere...wonderful service...delicious food! We really enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good pizzalynnDined on 2/7/2014The pizza was very good. We had the vegetable and shrimp and crab scampi pizza. Both were excellent. The vegetable one was full of mushrooms. Yum! The view was decent in the porch area, with Drinkies right across the street. But overall, not too bad. Would recommend this to anyone passing through Easton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2014Great food! Great service! We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service is alwaysGregDined on 1/31/2014Food and service is always great..calamari is a must appetizer..Tilipia and rib eye recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-showamethystangiVIPDined on 1/30/2014I am a frequent patron of State Theatre and have visited many of Easton's fine downtown restaurants but I wanted to try something new and decided on River Grille. It was a great choice! An appetizer of lobster bisque was creamy and smooth. I also had the scallops with creamed spinach and jasmine rice. I ended up getting almost half of it to go, so there was no room for dessert. The staff and service were excellent, extremely attentive but not overbearing. Dishes were quickly cleared off the table after confirming that we were finished with them. Water and drink refills were prompt and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful for Easton Rest. WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/29/2014A friend and I dined for Easton Restaurant Week and were very pleased with both the selection on their special menu and the amount of food for the offered/reduced price. We often dine out during restaurant week and usually restaurants skimp out on portion sizes or quality to make up for the reduced prices, but River Grille definitely did not. We had eaten at River Grille off of their normal menu in the past and were not disappointed with our selection this year for restaurant week. Will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.