Lure - Atlanta
1106 Crescent Avenue NE
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Lure - Atlanta
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lure-atlanta.com/
- Phone: 4048173650
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: David Bradley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is offered through Fifth Group Restaurants" catering company, Bold American Events. To learn more, visit http://boldamerican.com or call 404.815.1178.
- Private Party Facilities: From intimate family gatherings of 15 to large corporate events for over 200, our restaurants can accommodate a variety of different private and group dining scenarios - lunch or dinner; formal or casual. Our personable and experienced Group Dining Sales Managers will work closely with you to provide customized menus and wine lists, presentation capabilities and flexible seating arrangements that will maximize your budget, productivity and enjoyment.
- Private Party Contact: Brenda Orcutt 6783023264
A word from Lure - Atlanta
Inspired by classic coastal traditions both American and global, Lure presents Atlanta"s freshest fish and the drinks to match in a converted 1920's bungalow. Anchored in the heart of Midtown on Crescent Avenue, Lure has a sophisticated but casual vibe, fluidly bridging the gap between a weathered seaside fish house and a fine-dining seafood restaurant. Join us dressed up or down for a four-course meal or a beer and platter of raw, chilled and really fresh oysters. It's Atlanta's fish house for the adventurer, the traditionalist, the hedonist, the fish-obsessed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Lure - Atlanta - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
Lure - Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
308 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (192)great for outdoor dining (157)neighborhood gem (139)special occasion (124)good for groups (84)hot spot (73)romantic (73)great for lunch (57)vibrant bar scene (47)great for brunch (43)notable wine list (37)late-night find (20)scenic view (14)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Great Night at LureBigBOIDined on 8/14/2014I invented a group of business partners visiting town from Congo for a seafood dining experience in town. I must say, the food was AWESOME and just enough! We were a group of 8 and every one ordered something different and we share with one another. The hit meal was the "GRILLED WHOLE GEORGIA RAINBOW TROUT". Starting with the aroma, to the taste. It was simply delicious. It was overall a great Dining experience. Lure is a nice addition to a already scares Seafood Dining options in the City of Atlanta. I wish Fifth Group lots luck with this new concept.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st classdirtytiniupDined on 8/14/2014A most enjoyable evening will be had a Lure. Service was superior. Menu well thought out and food presentation 1st class. The patio is the perfect spot for summer dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowDerekDined on 8/13/2014I frequent this restaurant. I took a job candidate and chef here about 3 months ago and had the only bad meal I had ever had there. I posted a comment as such. Caitlin from Lure and I spoke and I gave her my honest feedback. I went back 2 days ago ( keep in mind it was months later) The Chef, and Caitlin came over to apologize for my last experience. The food was as amazing as usual. The fact that they remembered was really taking it to the next level. The food here is consistently amazing and I have a PhD in Food Science, so I am very particular about my food.Special Features:
- Excellent eveningLoricVIPDined on 8/10/2014I am a frequent diner at Lure, but had never been there on a Sunday. I was there early for the midtown crowd and was surprised to see that they were not that busy. Which has been the only downside to going there. We were seated and served with the personality and professionalism that I like so much. The drinks were very good. Our table had the scallops, salmon, and trout. the trout was huge and very delicious. My salmon was wonderful and our friend that had the scallops liked them so much they just would share. We had the Mocha Chocolate shake for desert it was incredible. It probably would have been even better with the shot of frangelico but one of our party claimed before we could mix it in. The whole evening was excellent.Special Features:
- SUPER SERVICELuresUinDined on 8/8/2014We had a waiter named Justin. He was very helpful and very attentive. Took his time with us and made us feel right at home. The food was FANTASTIC and just the right portions.Special Features:
- Excellent eveningCoachVIPDined on 8/6/2014Excellent service. Even though there were several large parties around us, the staff took great care of our table of 2. Food was wonderful and plentiful. We will go back!Special Features:
- New FindYankeeDINERVIPDined on 8/5/2014Our first time here and really loved the food and service. The seafood is great as well as the selection of beer, wine and cocktails. Would highly recommend this place. I would think Lure will give The Optimist a run for their money and seafood!Special Features:
- BlackGirlsDoBrunchDined on 8/2/2014Great food and great service. Our server was friendly and very attentive. My table ordered the mussels with frittes, angler's breakfast and the scallops and grits. All were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerjudyinthedyesDined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed yet another fantastic meal at Lure! It's part of the Fifth Group, so we know to expect good food and service!Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood restaurantBJH504VIPDined on 8/1/2014Second time we have been to this restaurant. The food was excellent as was the service. Sat on the porch and enjoyed the surroundings even though we were right by the door. Love the menu - good variety of choices. Server was able to modify my dish as requested (nothing major). Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique dishesViviCDined on 8/1/2014Most of the dishes were great. The portions of one of the "dishes to share" we had was very small. The guava and coconut cake desert was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner in a long time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The best "fresh" fish place experience in a long time! Excellent services!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014I always enjoy Lure's food. Never goes wrong. Great food, great atmosphere, and great service. Crap dip and Scallop is the best in the area.Special Features:
- JunebugVIPDined on 8/1/2014First time here. Great food. Ordered fish entrees. Everything was cooked to perfection. Wait staff was very cordial and were able to connect well with us. It made for a great dining experience. Would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Almost OutstandingXOXODined on 7/30/2014Everything was great... almost outstanding. Enjoyed the evening, food and venue. Server made good suggestions which we followed. Engaging bartender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible serviceTPFosterDined on 7/30/2014We made a reservation there to celebrate a Birthday. I have to say that the service and food was amazing, in particular, Leslie, our server was top notch. She was incredibly friendly and very helpful when it came to picking out items on the menu. I would say, one of the best servers I have ever encountered in Atlanta.....and I dine out a lot. :) Thank you for making a special occasion even more special with the service and suggestions on appetizers and entrees.Special Features:
- Yum!TEUBDined on 7/27/2014Loved the service and staff. Food presentation was amazing and the taste just the same. For sure will be visiting again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great oystersAtlChicDined on 7/26/2014The oysters are so fresh and amazing, my friend who doesn't eat them tried one and we had to order more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Treat to dine HereBillybobDined on 7/26/2014As usual, my wife and I and another couple ordered 3 appetizers which was more than sufficient. We had the octopus and pork lettuce wraps. mussels and an eggplant dish, all of which were very tasty. The service was outstanding, from the description of the dishes to the attentive (but not overly) service, with a constant trading out of plates. We sat on the patio and with the fans it was quite pleasant. We will ceertainly return especially when we attending events at the Woodruff Arts Center, which is 5-7 walk away.Special Features:
- LureFoodieDined on 7/25/2014This is a wonderful restaurant with great outdoor dining. It's noisy because the restaurant patio faces a major street; however, this does not bother me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was perfect!DebbiedatenightDined on 7/25/2014Drinks - perfect! Appetizers and starters - perfect! Entree choices - Perfect! Desert - perfect! Our little table overlooking Crescent Ave - perfect! People watching - perfect! Honestly, our entire evening at Lure couldn't have been better. Our server was fantastic and provided some great menu suggestions. This was our second time dining here (first time was in December when the outdoor patio was less appealing), and will not be our last. I'm still dreaming of that Peekytoe Crab dip!!!Special Features:
- Lure was a great experienceNavarroVIPDined on 7/24/2014Lure Restaurant had Great food, a very nice atmosphere and great service.Special Features:
- Just a little offmvyfoodieDined on 7/22/2014Our group of four had a great time and enjoyed excellent service. Only downside - my pan seared sole was way overdone.Special Features:
- Enjoyed it!tkent1234VIPDined on 7/21/2014Interesting menu. Well-prepared food. Good service that was helpful and informative but not overbearing. Eclectic wine list (wish there were more choices by the glass!). Busy and a bit noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum yum40andCountingDined on 7/21/2014We can't say enough about what a fantastic experience we had Lure. The food was exceptional, the ambiance fun, and the service couldn't be better. The entire experience made for a perfect night of celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great midtown spotexcellentDined on 7/20/2014The food was great and we had great service, and the pork and octopus lettuce wraps were amazing, both meats were soooo tender and had yummy flavor. We also had the mussels and I had the haddock and my friend had the vegetarian cauliflower steak and loved it. We will be back again.....Special Features:
- The lured me in and I bit!PrimaDonnaVIPDined on 7/19/2014I try not to frequent restaurants on Crescent - too crowded and too noisy. I can find options -- especially on Saturday. Boy, am I glad I Crescent-ed! Lure is a delight. Our main dishes, haddock, hake, scallops, were perfectly prepared and presented. We shared three apps -- all tasty and shareable. Service was impeccable. We even split three mini desserts -- I recommend the chocolate and marshmellow. If you want to have a decent conversation, stay away from the bar and reserve a table in the back or outside. That keeps the noise level down. (We even pulled a curtain by our table that lowered the noise from a large group just across from us. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great spot!DancingfoodieDined on 7/19/2014The food, the staff, everything was fantastic! Just watch those cocktails; they will sneak up on you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LureOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014It was a great experience. I definitely recommend the Trout pate and the grilled whole Rainbow Trout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lure tables too closeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014all was excellent except its way too crowded...the tables were too close together...so close in fact I bumped elbows with the complete stranger sitting next to me...he said " they really pack 'us in here huh"...anyway, the food was outstanding and I'll probably go back but would it hurt to have a little more space between the tables?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunny in ATLNewYorkSunDined on 7/17/20143rd time here and consistently great! Not the typical menu and small plates are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome serviceItaliangirlDined on 7/17/2014I enjoyed my meal at Lure but the service was outstanding. They were very attuned to my not eating the vegetable and asked me why. i told the server that it was a little too spicy for me. She offered to get me another but i told her not to worry about it. When she brought the bill, she took off the salad I ordered to offset the vegetable. I was surprised. I never had to pour myself more water either. It was a great experience and I was eating alone. Thank you!Special Features:
- nancygVIPDined on 7/16/2014great food! great service!!! we had a fabulous time! can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great new twist on Seafood!Brian9672VIPDined on 7/15/2014Three words: get the oysters! The pan seared sole is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must tryPointOfStuDined on 7/13/2014I had an excellent dinner the other night at Lure. I brought some real foodies along for a work dinner and everyone loved it all. The Octopus was outstanding and so was the Halibut. I recommend it fully.Special Features:
- Great brunch!LauritaVIPDined on 7/13/2014Lure is quickly becoming my favorite brunch spot in Atlanta- with diverse menu of lighter and heavier options- and I like that I can make a reservation as I am not one of those people who minds to be put on a wait for burnch. Smoked rainbow trout is SO PRETTY and colorful but more importantly DELICIOUS! I was sad to see the rice porridge gone but hoping it might come back once the weather turns cooler. Ropa vieja was outstanding!Special Features:
- Cool and CasualFirstTimerDined on 7/12/2014Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu and foods and the food was excellent: most memorable was the Rainbow Trout Pate. The restaurant decor was very casual and inviting. I would recommend this restaurant for any group looking to have a delicious and casual dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timer to LureMissIppDined on 7/12/2014We were celebrating our Wedding Anniversary and were undecided on where to dine. The ambiance was perfect for a date night out. We had great food recommendations from our server and great customer service. The octopus and lettuce wraps were definitely worth the try and the warm coconut guava cake was delicious. Complimentary valet parking is a big plus, too. We would go back for date night but also with friends or a larger party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected top service for the priceAtl999Dined on 7/11/2014I did not enjoy waiting for 15-20 minutes when I had made a reservation the day before. There was no space to wait, and no explanation for the wait was provided. The food was decent, but not spectacular. Again, if you charge reasonably high prices, you should provide very attentive and professional service-- I am not giving away money. When a dish came out late and we were told it wouldn't appear on the bill yet it did, I simply deducted from the tip.Special Features:
- Loved Lure!kattmayDined on 7/11/2014My sisters and 23 yr old niece were visiting from out of town and I wanted a fun Midtown spot with good food to treat them. Lure was the perfect choice for our night out. The cocktails and food were great, and our server was that mix of helpful but not hovering. We ate a bit later, after 8, and so arrived when it was busy but then felt comfortable lingering as it got quieter. All in all a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.