1000 Lancaster St
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ouzobay.com/
- Phone: 4437085818x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - Midnight,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Executive Chef: Micheal Everd
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room seats up to 30 guests, and is equipped with the newest projection equipment and screen, as well as a large indoor fireplace. The space has a view of the neighborhood and a quaint garden.
- Private Party Contact: Julie Satisky 4437085818x
A word from Ouzo Bay
Located in Harbor East, Ouzo Bay focuses on authentic Greek cuisine, emphasizing the freshest seafood and responsible cuisine. The opulent space offers a full service bar and lounge, as well as an extensive patio during the Spring, and Summer months. The dining room has beautiful views of the water, and cityscape.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Ouzo Bay - Best Restaurants in Harbor East ›
Ouzo Bay reviews from OpenTable diners
243 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (161)special occasion (155)fit for foodies (140)hot spot (119)vibrant bar scene (107)scenic view (100)romantic (89)good for groups (69)notable wine list (67)neighborhood gem (61)late-night find (37)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- BrandonIatehereDined on 6/28/2014The food and the servers we had were both amazing. I got the lamb chops they were great we sat outside and had a great time. The place is pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- Sae your Time and MoneyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Food was mediocre at best, service was efficient if not knowledgeable about menu items and noise level was so high you could not hear across the table. Only the sommelier was worthy of this over priced over rated restaurant.
- natashaDined on 6/27/2014Ouzo bay is a lovely restaurant but is designed poorly. the end of the bar, the restrooms,and the kitchen exit all come together at a certain point and it is almost impossible to get thru. I can only imagine it is a night mare for the servers with people in their way all the time..also the server started off good but fizzled out as the night went on. The flaming Saganaki was terrible and hard as a rock...the by the glass wine list has very limited selections. I would not go back.Special Features:
- Simple errors7seasdinerDined on 6/27/2014We went to Ouzo Bay on the suggestion by a friend. Our outdoor table was lovely and the place had a great vibe. We were in no rush, but waited an hour and still did not receive our appetizer, a bowl of olives (which we ordered because it looked like dinner was going to take a while). Our entrees suddenly arrived with little sign of our waitress. She finally checked in on us and we asked about our appetizer and she seemed very non-concerned. We proceeded to cancel the "olive order" and she seemed miffed. We spent a lot of money, yet really didn't feel that the staff was friendly. Wouldn't go back. There are other places with better service.Special Features:
- KateDined on 6/26/2014We had a lovely, lovely evening. Our server was knowledgeable and honest. He also was attentive without being pushy. The food 100% lived up to the hype. While I think that the noise level was a bit overwhelming at times, I must commend the management for putting us at a quiet table where we could enjoy ourselves. It was our 10th anniversary and really was a great spot. I can't wait to go back on another special occasion.Special Features:
- The best Baltimore has to offer!AroundTheTownVIPDined on 6/23/2014Greek cuisine and not just! With plenty of outdoor seating for these summer nights and a view of the water OuzoBay is perfect for all occasions. Professional and attentive staff, perfect ambience and a vibrant bar scene. 5Stars all around from this picky foodie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/23/2014We had the most delightful evening here celebrating our special anniversary. Given a heads-up when we made the reservation, they gave us a special table, a very attentive waiter, and the kid glove treatment. The food was wonderful, but the experience was superb.Special Features:
- Best Greek foodNikosDined on 6/20/2014True Greek flavours. Feels like you on vacations at a Greek island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally tastyLuvFoodDined on 6/20/2014We had heard great things about this restaurant and decided to spend our anniversary dinner dining at Ouzo. Everything was great. We were seated exactly at our reservation time despite the crowds. The waiter was fantastic and the food delicious especially the halibut entree we split. I would go back for sure. Many good things to try on the menu. Atmosphere was fun. Tables are on top of one another so privacy is not something you will likely have if you need it.Special Features:
- Amazing food, aggressive ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/18/2014We went to Ouzo Bay on a Wednesday night with an 8pm reservation and weren't seated until 8:45. The restaurant was extremely loud until about 10, when it slowed down about. That being said, the food was absolutely delicious and definitely worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new Favorite RestaurantMegans238Dined on 6/18/2014I can't begin to explain how fantastic this place is. Between the knowledgeable waiters, the amazing food, and extensive wine list, the whole experience was perfect. I was tasked at finding a restaurant to take my very particular employer and I was told Ouzo Bay was the place to go! That was exactly right. My whole party, including my boss was very impressed. They also fit my party in the day before when they were booked with no open reservation. I would recommend Ouzo Bay to anyone and everyone, even the most critical foodie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fourth visit not quite as goodDiningExecVIPDined on 6/17/2014This was my 4th visit to Ouzo Bay, so obviously we have had previous good experiences. The drinks still were wonderful - there is some capable mixology going on there. The food was uneven: great octopus and sea bass, capable albeit tame lamb, and tasteless and slightly tough tuna...and too much lemon on everything - yes, it's Greek, but the other flavors get masked. In past visits all of the fish has been excellent, so maybe this was a one-off. Service was very cursory. Drinks came quickly but never were offered replenishment, and table visits were minimal. The noise level continues to be a challenge for inside dining; my small party had trouble conversing. So, still a fun spot for drinks, but not as steady on food and service.Special Features:
- WolfForemanFanVIPDined on 6/16/2014Food, drinks, atmosphere, and service are always outstanding. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- great food!!!!!checkmateDined on 6/15/2014The waiter we had was very friendly and knowledgeable about the dishes. The lamb chops and calamari was to die for even the drinks and desserts were good. Nice romantic setting and you can hear yourself talk I love it and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday/Father's dayOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/15/2014As usual, the food was fantastic. We were very disappointed with the service on this visit. We were seated right away but then waited forever to be waited on. Water came quickly but that was about it...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall great experienceSeafoodLoverDined on 6/15/2014Our first time here. There were 4 of us. Went on a Sunday afternoon around 4:00 after a show at the Hippadrome. It was a fantastic meal. My wife is Greek so we don't take Grrek fare lightly and Ouzo Bay did not disappoint. My only complaint is the cost. This is not an everyday kind of place, at least not for us, but rather one I would keep for special occasions. Nothing but positive things to say about every plate that was served from taste to presentation. Service was fantastic, very attentive but not pushy. Valet parking for $8 with a validated ticket for dinners.Special Features:
- Balmy Beautiful DiningPandaVIPDined on 6/14/2014We had a delicious meal that worked on every level. Tasty appetizers, perfectly grilled fish and yummy beautifully presented dessert. Cocktail expertly crafted with a sprig of fresh basil. The service was tops!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tradition Greets Today at Ouzo BaydineDined on 6/13/2014Loved this restaurant where we got traditional Greek food with pleasing upscale twists. The great food and happening location might be the draw, but the friendly and spot-on service will create loyal customers.Special Features:
- Good; Not great.EvilIncarnateVIPDined on 6/13/2014Had the opportunity to dine here for the 3rd time in celebration of Father's Day. While our party would say that the appetizers are fantastic, the entrees are only good. They are simply prepared, without the chef taking a lot of chances with spices. Our waitperson (this time) was Excellent, not so much previous times. Lovely view, and a vibrant bar scene!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not 100% Authentic, But FantasticKrisDined on 6/13/2014As a Greek that's grown up almost exclusively on Greek food, I have a certain idea in my head when it comes to what Greek food should be and how it should be made. Ouzo Bay comes close to that, as well as getting very close to the kind of Greek food you'll have in Greece. Now I don't think Ouzo Bay is as much trying to be 100% authentic Greek food as it's trying to be Greek with a twist. Ouzo Bay is a great restaurant and probably THE spot I would take someone for a special occasion or a nicer dinner. It's not as formal as Cinghiale, which is perfectly fine because it's more youthful and fun. This is my favorite restaurant in Baltimore along with Adela's, and I'm really picky when it comes to my favorites! Try it out, trust me.Special Features:
- DisappointedmarykVIPDined on 6/12/2014We had hear wonderful things about Ouzo Bay and were very disappointed. The food was average and our waiter was surly. The restaurant was very noisy, obviously a big bar crowd.
- A Baltimore Best!fivendineDined on 6/9/2014I was with a group of 5 women who dine out regularly and this was our second time at Ouzo Bay. On this occasion, it was a beautiful, breezy night, on which to dine outside, celebrate a birthday and begin the summer. The soft shell crabs that we all had were the absolute best - large and succulent. The sides of either roasted potatoes or ouzo were pleasing and the baked feta with tomato and eggplant puree appetizer was fantastic. Our Server was helpful with the wine, amiable and attentive to our needs without hovering. We loved the wine and liked him. Can't wait to return with my husband and out of town friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+++luvwineVIPDined on 6/8/2014First of all, our server, Russ was outstanding! He was always ready to assist, without being pushy or in the way. Great recommendations, really wonderful service. The ambiance was spectacular - with the sea breeze flowing through the open doors, and the simple yet elegant decor. The food was fabulous - we had the grilled calamari, olives, saganaki and mussels for appetizers, Lobster tail was the entree for two, the King Prawns for my husband and I had the Halibut. Wine great, chocolate ice cream for dessert, espresso and capuccino to end the meal. Only negative (a small one, because quality is not inexpensive) is that you should expect to pay $100 per person to eat hereSpecial Features:
- Wonderful celebrationLovegr8foodDined on 6/7/2014We celebrated my husbands birthday with another couple, who also like good food. None of us had dined at ouzo bay before, other than hearing that it was good, we had no idea what to expect, our waiter was very helpful in navigating the menu and wine list, he offered suggestions where they were needed. Appetizers for the table were grilled octopus ( highly recommend ) and zucchini chips (mostly for the tzatziki). Dinner was 2 of us having fish from the whole fish selections which was extensive, lamb chops and scallops, we also ordered sides of grilled veggies and orzo lobster and cheese. There was not a complaint from anyone in our party, although it's too expensive for a regular night out we will find more special occasions to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodChadDined on 6/6/2014The octopus appetizer was outstanding though the grilled red snapper was slightly dry.
- One of my favesMichl2Dined on 6/5/2014Great menu if your just looking to share some appetizers with friends or a business dinner with colleagues. A little pricey but consistently fantastic food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food/Poor serviceEpicuriousDined on 6/3/2014The food quality and presentation was excellent. Prices are a bit high for appetizers, but appropriate for mains. Cocktails were pricey but well made. Overall, our compliments to the chef and bar staff. The restaurant is well located and beautifully designed. The service, however, was poor. The server seemed scattered. Sometimes nice and sometimes vacant. There were long waits; Poor seating choices for a party of two. We were seated outside initially, but when it rained there was no accomodation made for this. We then came in and had to wait over 20 minutes for a table. No attempts were made by the restaurant to make the situation better. We had a nice time, but it could have been so much better....
- Go Greek!PhleeVIPDined on 6/2/2014My wife surprised me with the Blue Ouzo for my birthday last Monday. What a nice location in Harbor East. I was a little skeptical at first thinking it wouldn't really be authentic Greek food...boy was I wrong! Fabulous seafood..we had the Bronzino and Black Sea Bass as entres. The grilled octopus, colossus crab salad and Greek salads were nice appys. Service was excellent...Aaron was very knowledgable and experienced. Washed down with white sangria. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Disappointed overallfs4xDined on 5/31/2014Had a reservation but took 15mins to seat. This was an anniversary dinner, got seated in the bar area. Server was good. My Halibut was not fully cooked, bit my wife's fish was good and our app was also good, they did comp mine but that is expected. It was very loud and you could not have a conversation. I think its more suited for a group outing.Special Features:
- Ouzo BayDateniteDined on 5/30/2014Food and Service were great. The location was a huge plus. so many things within a short walk to make for a great evening walk in BaltimoreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best fish ever!AnyaKDined on 5/30/2014I ordered the whole Bronzino with the lobster orzo and seasonal vegetables to share. The fish was a good size and tasted INCREDIBLE. The best fish I have had in Baltimore. The grilled vegetables were outstanding and the orzo was delicious. We also ordered the tuna tartar which was also very yummy. It is a not pricey but comparable to other restaurants that serve whole fish. I was very impressed with the food. The ambiance was also nice. I liked the decoration and the feel of the place. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceMystyDined on 5/29/2014I love everything! The only thing is I felt like the waiter was not very attentive. We had appetizers and were done and our plates were not cleared until the dinner came out. I think things should be cleared and ready for entrees. But other then that it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as alwaysWMColmes14VIPDined on 5/25/2014It hasn't missed yet. Group split the sampler appetizer platter, which gave our newest diners a great intro to the meal. Wife and I went for whole fish (black bass and dorade), and they were fresh and cooked perfectly. The side we shared (spinach and orzo) was plenty. We also stole a bite of the orzo and lobster "mac 'n cheese", which was also very tasty.Service was nice and efficient. In 2 short years, this place has risen to the top of the Baltimore scene, challenging its neighbor Charleston as top in "Best Of" lists.Special Features:
- OMG!CherylDined on 5/24/2014This was our first time there. Unbelievable!! My son, Chris, previously worked at Harbor East Deli and was there just before Ouzo Bay opened. This was a gift from him and it is one of the nicest restaurants I have ever been to. The food was incredbile, the service far beyond my expectations, and the view was beautiful. We made very last-minute reservations and the table wasn't the best view - but I will definitely be back and make better plans! THANK YOU for a wonderful experience. The staff is one of the most attentive I have ever encountered.Special Features:
- Disappointing!!!XavierDined on 5/23/2014Local media review of this restaurant was high. In fact, higher than The Charleston and Chingale! Doesn't come close: extremely noidy, service staff not professional (clearing dishes before my wife and I were BOTH finished), the Dover Sole (most experience item on menu was not fresh and over cooked), added cost of comp desert and then removed it). Other food we ate was good. Very disappointing!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/22/2014Very enjoyable evening Great service once the moved us oldies outside to a quieter table Waiter excellent Food very good all in all a nice experience wished to take some friends back unfortunately couldn't get inSpecial Features:
- Baltimore jemMike2eatDined on 5/22/2014Atmosphere was inviting, modern, open design, which also extend outside onto a wonderful terrace. Service was excellent. They were observant, unobtrusive, helpful, and went extra step to make our dinner eventful. Kosta and team did great. Food, what was not to love about the food. Started with grilled calamari which may have been one of the best apps I have ever tasted. Really amazing dish. Next was greek salad where Only greens were green peppers (just a few). If you like tomatoes, this is your salad. tomatoes were fresh and full of taste. Breads were also served and they were memorable. Lamb chops were full of flavor but not over seasoned or over cooked. Kona yellow tail, amazing light full of flavor and cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glitzy GreekSevillanaDined on 5/20/2014A beautiful modern restaurant with interesting drinks, beautiful people, great food and good service. This my second visit and the zucchini chip appetizer was, once again, delicious. The seafood was also wonderful - fresh and very well prepared. Try to get a table out on the patio overlooking the water. If you just want to have drinks, the couches on the front patio are wonderful - but you have to get there pretty early to catch one of those!Special Features:
- The following 462 reviews are from the Ouzo Bay reviews archive.
- Excellent all around*rsl22Dined on 5/19/2014Most people will already be aware that the food quality was excellent, but it was the service and ambiance that really set this restaurant apart from the rest. Our waiter (and all the servers) were attentive and knowledgeable, the food was brought out timely, and drinks were kept flowing. Our table was in a large, open window, and on a perfect evening weather-wise, we couldn't have asked for anything more. The only downside was seeing the bill, but the overall quality of the food and service made it worth the price of admission for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't live up to the hypelpita10Dined on 5/18/2014I have heard so many great things about this restaurant so was really excited to try it! The service was definitely top notch. The food was good but I would not say the best I ever had and I definitely didn't think it was worth the price. Nice place and we treated ourselves b/c we had gift cards, but wouldn't say it would be at the top of my list to go back to. The dessert however was my favorite part of the meal! Best ice cream!Special Features: