Devon Seafood + Steak - Oakbrook Terrace
17W400 22nd Street
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Devon Seafood + Steak - Oakbrook Terrace
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.devonseafood.com/home.aspx?location_id=180
- Phone: 6305160180x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday 11am – 10pm | Saturday 4pm – 10pm | Sunday 4pm – 9pm
Happy Hour (bar only) Monday – Saturday 4-7pm | Sunday 4-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: John Cosnotti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Devon Seafood + Steak - Oakbrook Terrace
With an indulgent menu focused on superior quality seafood, Devon Seafood + Steak crafts its dishes with exacting standards & pampers its guests in a comfortable atmosphere. Featuring a generous cellar selection, an oyster bar & creative cuisine, Devon delivers culinary excellence at a surprising value. Open for lunch, dinner and Sunday Brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Devon Seafood + Steak - Oakbrook Terrace - Best Restaurants in Oak Brook ›
Devon Seafood + Steak - Oakbrook Terrace reviews from OpenTable diners
269 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (177)fit for foodies (121)romantic (112)notable wine list (86)good for groups (80)neighborhood gem (68)great for lunch (65)great for outdoor dining (28)vibrant bar scene (22)great for brunch (20)hot spot (19)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- The mesquite grilled troutIlrrVIPDined on 7/26/2012The mesquite grilled trout was some of the best I've had. The waiter was very helpful answering all our questions about sauces, seasonings, etc. He went over the entire menu with us right after we were seated. We were given a baking powder biscuit right after we were seated. I would have preferred it after ordering as it was warm but didn't stay that way. Nice variety on lunch menu with moderate entrees and small sandwiches paired with salad or soup.Special Features:
- My wife and I decided to tryMarkDined on 7/25/2012My wife and I decided to try this restaurant for the first time for a special birthday celebration. The dining room and kitchen are new and spotless. Food and service were very good. It was very busy for a Wednesday night and the noise level prevented us from having the romantic evening we planned. Would recommend it for the food and ambiance, but not for a quiet dining experience.Special Features:
- Ambiance overall was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2012Ambiance overall was very pleasing, but noise level was a bit high. There were 3 in our party, and 2 of us had very good, very well prepared meals (one steak entree and one trout entree). The 3rd party was not so lucky, having ordered the scallops which were served undercooked. The manager however was very gracious and had that meal remade, and deducted the whole price for that meal from the check. In addition, they offered the affected party a free dessert, which in my opinion went well above our expectations in terms of a resolution. The staff was very attentive, and you could tell they took pride in the many fresh fish offerings on the menu, with the fish being less than 24 hours from catch to table.Special Features:
- This was my second visit,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2012This was my second visit, and the service and ambiance were excellent! I ordered the lobster Cobb salad, and it was good, but there was only 1 medium size piece of lobster meat, and the rest were small morsels. The taste was great, but on the whole it was a disappointment due to size and value. The strawberry shortcake was okay, but the cake was hard, almost stale, not what we expected. I would return, but definitely order something different!Special Features:
- Having just been at DevoncorkieVIPDined on 7/24/2012Having just been at Devon the previous Saturday with my husband and we both enjoying it so, I was anxious to show it off to my friend. What a disaster!!! I thought we were in a Peter Sellars Inspector Clouseau movie!!!! The waitress spoiled everything for us. She couldn't get the order straight, spilled my drink all over the table and didn't offer a new one, etc. I could go on, but no one would believe what a fiasco she caused the experience to be. I did say to the manager on our way out that the waitress was a disaster....and she is.Special Features:
- LOBSTER BISQUE OUTSTANDING!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2012LOBSTER BISQUE OUTSTANDING! We were a group of 13. Each of us got a separate receipt. That was very unusual for a restaurant to accommodate. Kudos Devon!Special Features:
- Parking needs some work, andStockVIPDined on 7/22/2012Parking needs some work, and facility lacks the comfortable ambiance of the old place, but great service and food overcame that. If you liked the former Braxton's, you need to visit for dinner. We'll be back.Special Features:
- The food was delicious, well-pricedDiner100Dined on 7/22/2012The food was delicious, well-priced, and the ambiance nice, not great. The staff was very accomodating. When the computers shut down causing a delay in getting our main course we were offered a free salad or soup. Overall, great experience.Special Features:
- Excellent, but pricey.LizzDined on 7/22/2012I would have given it 5 stars. But, I think the $24 price for brunch is a little on the high side. Other than that everything is outstanding. To be honest, it's probably the best brunch I've ever had.Special Features:
- We went for brunch - the foodcomptonmwDined on 7/22/2012We went for brunch - the food was good although desserts were rather unexciting.
- Not what I was expecting:(OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012Our server was not very good with recommendations. The staff was not the best, either. I was very disappointed with everything. Especially, the prices of the food. I expected excellent food but it was far from that. I have no intentions of going back and I'm very sad about the bad experience. We loved Braxton's, though.
- We tried this Devon SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/21/2012We tried this Devon Seafood because we love the one downtown. The food was excellent, and our server was very knowledgeable and attentive. The selection of seafood is better than most seafood restaurants. We highly recommend Devon Seafood!Special Features:
- This isn't nearly as goodGaryVIPDined on 7/21/2012This isn't nearly as good as Braxton was. The staff isn't trained well to serve us. It is very noisy in the restaurant. Music has a jungle beat. Not good when we are hoping to hear a conversation in the restaurant. I would recommend you keep away from this restaurant until they get the staff working together. At one point they brought our meal and took away all our silverware. Try eating with no utensils.
- We had mussels in white wineBitsyVIPDined on 7/20/2012We had mussels in white wine and garlic for an appetizer. Four of them were not open. They should never have come to the table. Maybe that just started the dinner out wrong. We've had better seafood. We had dinner rolls and when we asked for more butter it never came.
- My wife and I were huge fansFlyFisher47Dined on 7/20/2012My wife and I were huge fans of Braxton, which was located in Oakbrook Center. We were saddened when we attended Braxton"s closing night, but were hop[eful that Devon would fill it's shies. We have dined a few times at the Devon In downtown Chicago. It is good but just not as comfortable as Braxton. Our first diner at the new Braxton / devon in Oak Brook Terrace will take some getting used to. It is lovely inside, same warm friendly wait staff, same great seafood, same great wine list and still a great value. It is much noisier than their former location. parking is almost scarce. The large store front windows some how take away from the original warm comfortable feeling we are used to. At any rate, we had a gerat time and a wonderful timeSpecial Features:
- A real standout in a stripOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2012A real standout in a strip mall. Has a beautiful Art Deco exterior and wonderful area in front for outside eating. My favorite dessert is their box of excellent cookies which you can take home to eat. Seafood is the specialty and is outstanding.Special Features:
- Had a great experience --RushedVIPDined on 7/20/2012Had a great experience -- great food, great service. I enjoyed Braxton's and now I am so glad to have Devon here -- and they still have those great little buns. I had the mixed grill and it was great -- a little of everything -- salmon, scallop, crab cake, shrimp and the side -- tomato, zucchini, corn ragout was great. Salad was great. Wait staff very good.Special Features:
- Devon deliversOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2012This was our first Anniversary Dinner and Devon did everything just right. The flowers I ordered were at the table as I arrived. The complimentary chanpaign was a nice touch. The staf was initially very attentive. Our server tended to get lost for long periods of time. The food was better than ever. Devon has made a believer out of my wife and I, I cannot wait to return.Special Features:
- I have been a long time patronOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2012I have been a long time patron and have always found your food to be exceptional...now the new setting is fantastic...love the little rooms off the side and am waiting for the live music in the bar.Special Features:
- Braxton was one of my husband'scorkieVIPDined on 7/20/2012Braxton was one of my husband's favorite restaurants and when it closed he was at a loss. Now that the parent company has opened Devon in our area, he is a happy camper once again. The food was delicious and presentation was impeccable. Drinks, especially there specialty ones, are awesome. I plan to take all my friends there.Special Features:
- Don't miss Devon!!kittyVIPDined on 7/20/2012We went for my husbands birthday...just delicious food...I had shrimp scampi...and my husband had wild salmon with the berry preparation. Devon is very accommodating for special request...if you like your asparagus steamed instead of grilled they can do that...is you want your fish pan fried instead of mesquite grilled ...they will do that. We had creme brulle for dessert...one of the best we've had. So, if you've never been to Devon, we highly recommend it!!!Special Features:
- Bring back Braxton's cooksredandyellowDined on 7/20/2012Used to be Braxton's. The totally rehabbed space is modern and tastefully decorated-too bad the food we ordered didn't live up to the surroundings.They must of lost their cooking staff. Went there for lunch and the place was half full. The highly touted crab cake I ordered came out tasteless and room temperature. The coffee served after lunch was also barely above room temperature. The manager apologized and offered desserts. I hope they get their act together because the area could use a good seafood restaurant.Special Features:
- Two different menus were givenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2012Two different menus were given and the cocktail list had been written on. It almost looked like it was used to tally what was in stock. Mark, another server who stopped by, was very knowledgeable and professional. He recommend some outstanding dishes and replaced our menus in a timely manner. Our steak was cooked perfect! The food was not as hot as it should be though. No sauces or dishes were described. Our reservation was later in the evening but our entire meal felt rushed. Our server pulled plates too soon and never let us know that the restaurant was closing. She also seemed bored. We moved to the bar so she could finish her close out. Jordan, the bartender, was outstanding. His drinks were AMAZING! Bianca was extremely friendly too!Special Features:
- This newly remodeled restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2012This newly remodeled restaurant has a fresh and contemporary feel. Servers were attentive. Food came out in a timely manner and was flavorful and fresh.Special Features:
- Devon Cuisine DevineDinerdarlingVIPDined on 7/19/2012Excellent lobster bisque. Shrimp cocktail sauces were amazing. Service excellence. Carrot cake out of this world.
- Menu is similar to Braxton's.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2012Menu is similar to Braxton's. I had the crab melt and it was not well prepared. Swordfish got good reviews. Others in party didn't have anything to say about their meals. Noise level was a bit high; two of our party wear hearing aids.
- WAAAAAAAY too noisy. AlthoughjamesDined on 7/18/2012WAAAAAAAY too noisy. Although the Fish was good, the overall atmosphere was more of "the 19th hole" rather than an enjoyable cocktails & dinner atmosphere. Lost the inviting atmosphere and decor that Braxton had.........Unless it's your intent to attract a different croud, you may need to make some adjustments.......I'll wait a while before coming again. Thanks for this opportunity.
- Wonderful seafood, Braxton'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/18/2012Wonderful seafood, Braxton's biscuits, what more could you want? Maybe to be able to hear your partner. We enjoyed the coconut green curry mussels (wanted to slurp up the sauce it was so good), and the halibut was moist and flaky. But the sound level was too loud, because they have lively music playing (lively, not live), and as a result people need to speak louder over it. Turn it down a bit or even off when the place is full, and the experience will much improve.
- Went with 5 other people (agesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2012Went with 5 other people (ages 21-70) and everyone enjoyed their entrees very much! (We all had seafood, no steak). The key lime pie however, had a crust that tasted like cardboard, that was disappointing. I ranked the service as "fair" because a few times our server would approach the table when an obviously serious conversation was happening and she'd just interrupt and say what she needed to. Other than that, she was a little stiff, but fine.The noise level is actually above "energetic", & just too loud - they don't have much to absorb various sounds/conversations. We were seated at a U-shaped booth and it was hard to hear people in our own party at times.The lighting is extremely poor making it hard to read the menus.
- Still working out some BumpsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2012The ambiance was wonderful. Food presentation admirable. Wait for check too long. Will go back in a few weeks, it has promise. The cherries in the dessert fruit relish reminded me of Fruit Cocktail I serve my kids. The basil sorbet with the salad was outstanding.
- It was like going to Braxton'sPattyDined on 7/16/2012It was like going to Braxton's but in a new location. The macadamia nut crusted halibut was wonderful -- the fish was flaky, the sauce light and it was served with some berries which were a nice touch. I'm still thinking about it! My husband's tuna was wonderfully prepared. Service was friendly but not intrusive.Special Features:
- Thank you. Devon was a pleasantNapervilleDined on 7/16/2012Thank you. Devon was a pleasant surprise. Food (filet and chicken, sorry we did not have fish) was very good. However, the key lime pie lacked a key lime flavor. Also, thanks for continuing the same biscuits from Braxton's, love them. Also, enjoyed the Wild Horse Pinot Noir. We will definitely come back.
- We missed Braxton and areSaturdaynightVIPDined on 7/15/2012We missed Braxton and are glad to see Devon open. The biscuits are as good as ever, as well as the seafood. Had the scallops and the salmon -- both delicious. Like the atmosphere too. Only negative comment is regarding the server and the wine menu. I was happy to see that the menu called their bigger pour a carafe (9 oz) and the 6 oz. a glass. So we ordered glasses (and clearly said glasses)and were brought the carafes. Typical attempt to upsell on high margin liquor. We pointed it out and they fixed it, but when the waiter said the bigger pour was usual I laughed at him. A 6 oz. glass is generous, 9 oz. is a lot of wine. To me anyway! We'll be back again soon.
- Our food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/15/2012Our food was delicious and our waitress outstanding. She really went the extra mile to make celebrating my wife's birthday successful!Special Features:
- The food was as good as theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/15/2012The food was as good as the previous "Braxton's" in its previous location. The room in the new location is very noisy and uncomfortable. We will not be back.
- The seared crusted Tuna wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/14/2012The seared crusted Tuna was exceptional. My only issue with the experience was that it was too noisy.Special Features:
- great fish! appetizers wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/14/2012great fish! appetizers were ok, but the entrees make up for it! we had the calamari and goat cheese bruschetta. for entrees we had the opah and grouper. sides were mashed potates, lobster mac, asparagus and zucchini, corn and tomatoe relish---all sooo good!Special Features:
- We very much enjoyed our visitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/14/2012We very much enjoyed our visit for my husbands birthday! Thank you for a great meal and wonderful time. We always loved Braxton's and hated to see it close! I am sure we will be back to Devon.Special Features:
- Room for Improvement !OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/14/2012While Devon has been open for just a few weeks, there are many, many kinks to be worked out. Waiter was friendly, but not overly prompt. Orders were taken. After a relatively long wait, dinner arrived but my wife's entree was incorrect (Halibut arrived, not the Scallops she ordered). They took her dinner away to replace it, acknowledging the error. 15 minutes later, her replacement dinner arrived. Out of courtesy, I waited to eat, so my dinner was cold. The waitstaff knew I was waiting, but made no offer to warm my plate, etc. No apologizes, no credit on the check (in fact, we were charged for the more expensive Halibut). Several other issues observed. Need more space to capture it all. Bottom line: I'll wait awhile toSpecial Features:
- VERY DISAPPOINTING !blkwht1VIPDined on 7/14/2012VERY - VERY DISAPPOINTING ! Braxtons/Bristols was the sight of our first date 25 years ago so we were excited to hear that Braxtons was returning to the area. The food was OK at best and the service was poor. The servers spend way too much time walking to/from the bar. We most likely NOT return. We are regulars at Amber and Topaz now we know why we frequent them so often - they do EVERYTHING PERFECTLY !