Rice & Company - Luxor
3900 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89119Neighborhood:
Luxor Hotel and Casino
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Rice & Company - Luxor
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.luxor.com/restaurants/rice_and_company.aspx
- Phone: 7022624852
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Rice & Company - Luxor
Rice and Company features fresh, tasty and healthy Asian Cuisines with the motto EAT RICE, DRINK TEA, SLURP NOODLES, STAY HEALTHY, this new venue will offer some of the finest modern Japanese and Chinese cuisine in Las Vegas. Located near the entrance of Mandalay Place, this enticing new casual dining alternative will offer an intriguing menu of tropically influenced variations of sushi and sashimi as well as hibachi, teriyaki and Chinese food classics.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rice & Company - Luxor reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (25)special occasion (24)romantic (21)good for groups (19)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)notable wine list (6)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)neighborhood gem (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great!AndreaDined on 12/30/2013This was a great restaurant - the decor and ambience were great. The prices were a little high, but it made for a great special occasion meal for my boyfriend and me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaitertortsDined on 12/27/2013Food very good.....waiter either new or couldn't, care........
- Expected BetterFoodieDined on 12/26/2013Seating was nice and spaced out. Server was polite and friendly. All the food came out at once. Sushi was good but expected it to be better. The house salad dressing was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Excellent, Service AverageLiv2EatVIPDined on 12/26/2013My initial impression was somewhat negative as I had to wait 25 minutes past my reservation time to be seated. I waited for 3 people without reservations to be seated first with the restaurant was 90 % empty. After I pushed to be seated the manager seated us. We also waited 8 minutes for our first contact with the waitress after being seated. Yes I timed it because I was miffed. Food was excellent and the servings were quite generous. Service was average meaning you had to ask for drink refills and to have the pile of empty plates removed. Orders received were not correct either. Overall I would say I hope it was an off day. If not for my first impressions I would have had a very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was okayDifwizDined on 12/5/2013I got the crab salad and there was A LOT more mayo in it than I was expecting. I think I was expecting to see some more veggies than there were and maybe some more lettuce - more than the few token leaves - presumably just for decoration?
- Poor food, poor serviceRufflerDined on 11/22/2013I was very I dissatisfied with my dining experience. Not only did our server show minimal interest in serving our table but our food tasted like it was purchased at the frozen food section from a grocery store and reheated for our meal. On top of that, we paid $300 and left unhappy...
- Love this restaurant! UnfortunatelyRAASUNVIPDined on 11/10/2013Love this restaurant! Unfortunately this visit was unpleasant :( took an hour to get our food, when we received it, it was warm not hot.. Our server was very apologetic, but that's about it. Miguel the busser was great, very attentive more then server her self. We never found out Whs it took si long and Whs we wasted 2:20 min in a restaurant in Vegas :(Special Features:
- GreatsterlingacresDined on 11/8/2013Everything was great, food service, portions will returnSpecial Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2013The good was delicious, from the sushi to the entrees to the wine. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi!EricfromCharlotteDined on 10/26/2013Jason was our sushi chef and really went out of his way to make sure we had a great experience. The fish was superb and the wine selection was great. Stop in before you see a show or after a little gambling for a great sushi time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food-slow serviceaemommyDined on 10/23/2013Food was very tasty and our server was nice but he didn't check in with any frequency and we waited quite a bit for our final bill. I don't like to feel like I've had to wait and could t even find him out serving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rice at MGM experienceHappydinerDined on 10/22/2013We ate at the Rice & Company because of it's location. We had show tickets at Luxor to see Chris Angel and it was close by. Food was good, service slow and average ambience. The restaurant décor looked old and need of a face-lift, but it served it's purpose that we could eat and get to the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi, Great AtmosphereshelbylynndeeDined on 10/20/2013Recently stopped by Rice for dinner with my mom while we were in Vegas, and had a great experience. Fast, polite, friendly service, and lots of great food! The cocktails looked super good, but I went with a beer instead--other folks around us seemed to really enjoy theirs, though. Definitely will visit again when I go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemVictorfox36VIPDined on 10/15/2013This was our third visit to Rice in the past year. Reservations are recommendeed as the restraurant has become very popular. Service was very prompt and "Peter" constantly checked to make sure everything was perfect. Extensive menu gives one lots of choices plus a great sushi bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent servicePhilVIPDined on 10/14/2013I had to stay around Mandalay Bay for new hours so my options for a great sushi place were limited. I browsed some reviews before booking and I was expecting great food but terrible service. Surprise!! I guess those guys considered the reviews since we had great food with an excellent service. We sat at the sushi bar and took the change to chat with the sushi man. We ordered a half duck and a selection of 4 speciality rolls. It was really good. We even got a octopus lemon salad on the house to digest. I'm not a big fan of restaurants that are open on the casino since it gives the impression of having dinner at a food court but for that place, if you sit near the sushi bar, you'll not see the hotel at all and will have a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerNoemeeDined on 10/12/2013My friends and I had my 30th birthday dinner here and had only had 1 hour to eat before our show would start. Great service, received our food fast and made it to our show on time. The food we ordered were delicious! Would definitely eat here again and will recommend to others. =)Special Features:
- Food was delicious, server was badKennyBoscoDined on 10/12/2013Me and 3 other guests had dinner on a Saturday night. We were greeted warmly and seated right away. Our server had excellent recommendations for sushi, which we ordered, along with some appetizers, and even some Chinese food menu items. When the sushi arrived we realized that we got 2 of the same roll and was missing one roll. The server grabbed the dish and took it back to have it removed and replaced with the correct one. One of my friends had order some noodles, reminded the server and it still never arrived. We canceled that order. The food that we did get was great!Special Features:
- Food was attractive but blandRJreviewDined on 10/12/2013The restaurant atmosphere was nice. The service was good. The miso soup was good. The orange peel chicken had an attractive presentation, but it was marked as spicy and wasn't spicy at all...not even the faintest hint of anything spicy in the actual dish as if the chef had completely forgotten to add any seasoning. It did have a faint orange flavor from the orange peel that was nice, but that was the only detectable flavor or seasoning. My guest had one of the sushi dishes that was also supposed to be spicy, but for which the spiciness was also undetectable. I thought that the atmosphere and decor were nice. The service was also good. I would probably be willing to try the restaurant one more time hoping for something more flavorful.
- Our waiter Eric was over thehansDined on 10/10/2013Our waiter Eric was over the top for service and knowledge of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Mediocre servicePmishlerVIPDined on 9/29/2013We went here after seeing it on Heat Seekers on the Food network as I love eating very hot food. Ordered the Flaming Dragon roll which is not on the menu and it was okay. It definitely was not as hot as it is hyped to be. The rest of the food was fairly good and we took the opportunity to get something far from the norm since it is Vegas and they have so much available. The downside was our service was REALLY lacking. Anytime we wanted anything we had to flag down people to find our server which was strange since it was not that busy at all. It's a decent meal in Vegas, but I wouldn't go back honestly due to the service.
- Loud, SlowcolorpinkDined on 9/28/2013The food itself was tasty, and the menu very appealing. Having said that, the food was not really outstanding and the ambiance of the restaurant was extremely loud - the music from next door permeated with a deep bass undertone that never let up. It took forever to order and forever to get the food. There was a stressed out waitstaff having too many tables to serve at one time.
- Very good oriental foodmoesie51Dined on 9/24/2013From appetizer (wings) to entrees, Chicken with garlic , General Tso's , very pleasing to our palates.! Definitely , when in town again will dine there. :)Special Features:
- Excellent timing of startersSmickieDined on 9/19/2013Excellent timing of starters & entrees, food hot when required, waiter, ( Eric ), provided exceptional service as did the entire staff from the greeter, drink providers, etc., for our group of 6 diners. Nice ambience, great quality sushi & entrees. Excellent overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but needs improvementSarokuDined on 9/17/2013We were promptly greeted and seated. The service was excellent. That was the best part of this dining experience. I had a deluxe sushi platter which is a Chef's choice at $40. My dinner date had Sweet'n'Sour pork. All of the Sushi was made Nagiri style with the normal types of fish you see on any menu, one peace of octopus, and a dragon roll (eel). All of the sushi tasted as it should, but wasn't exceptional. The dragon roll seemed to have been made by someone with experience, but not by an expert considering it feel apart when you would pick up a piece. The Sweet'n'Sour pork was delicious and as high of a quality in cooking and taste as any good Chinese restaurant. However, the meat was fatty and some had gristle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+++PerfectionDined on 9/14/2013We had an outstanding time. Everything was perfection. The food was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushiRichardVIPDined on 9/6/2013Great food and service Nice place at the Luxor for lunch or dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Sushi and fish dishes!!BritishWillDined on 9/5/2013The sushi was amazing! I guess that's what these guys specialise in, however, they didn't let u down :)Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant, goodLoveSushiDined on 8/13/2013Beautiful restaurant, good service. Other items on the menu were good but the sushi was bland and unmemorable.Special Features:
- FoodBigfoodieDined on 8/6/2013The sushi was great however the fried rice dishes were awful they were dry and lacked flavor. The service took forever my party was waiting for over two and a half hours for our food and it wasn't even crowded that night. Also when it came time for desserts our ice cream flavors were all incorrect and the sorbet and gelato was melting already when it arrived.Special Features:
- Loved the people AND the food!WasItDeliciousDined on 8/4/2013We visited many restaurants during our week stay in Las Vegas and Rice and Company would be at the top of our favorites. This is a pricier choice than some others, but definitely worth the experience. We were extremely happy with all of the staff we interacted with and my 17 year old son has been trying to get us to take him back everyday since. 5 stars!Special Features:
- Was expecting better tastingRed1973Dined on 8/1/2013Was expecting better tasting sushi, disappointed on the lack of spicyness the rolls were described to have. Although the wonton soup was great. I would return to try other food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great address -food just averageOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2013I may be somewhat spoiled because we live in NYC and there are more Sushi places then Starbucks. But Rice and company was just OK, I am sure there are better options in Las Vegas.
- Best Asian Food EverXlfoodluverDined on 7/22/2013I love Asian Food but when I tell you that I have never taste anything like this. I wish I knew who the chef was. The food is so good I mean really really good. Everything is fresh and melts in your mouth!! I promise this is best resturant for any of your sushi or rice cravings. The resturant is also really pretty with a great atmosphere. Love it, wish they had one in Houston. Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPICY COMBOGlobalfoodloverDined on 7/19/2013I greatly enjoyed my recent dining experience at "Rice and Company" it was better that I had imagined. The Food was Hot, Flavorful, and Fresh! Service was Fast and Friendly. I will definitely return here on our next trip to Vegas!Special Features:
- Jabba & companyMauiDined on 7/15/2013Rice & co is right across the Jabbawockeez theater so it was the perfect place for us to dine before the show. The food was delicious! Especially the sushi and mongolian beef! Great service too! I'd definitely go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great price and delicious food.KelleygirlDined on 7/7/2013Took a late night reservation, being in a casino this was nice. Was right on time and seated right when I arrived. Food was hot and amazing. Highly recomended.Special Features:
- Taste explosionAmySDined on 7/6/2013Some of the best sushi I've ever eaten - I chose the Chop Chop Bang Bang with pop rocks, crab and avocado, and it was absolutely delish! In fact everything we ordered was amazing, except for the dessert (3 different flavours of Creme Brulee). The Coconut and Vanilla pots were excelled but the Chocolate one was gritty and seemed to have split. Didn't stop me eating it though... overall totally yum and one of the better places we ate at in Vegas. If you love sushi, go here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT...as usual!!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/22/2013This is still one of my "hidden gems" in Las Vegas. I was there for my birthday dinner, and they came through as expected. The menu (sushi/sashimi/etc.) was outstanding, and the Mai Tai's were INCREDIBLE!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what was advertisedsahnDined on 6/16/2013I was very disappointed in the place. The food tasted like it came from the frozen food aisle at Target and the place was very loud and noisy even though I requested a quiet table. Our server made no mention of the coupon I could have used or any other perks I was to receive as a hotel guest. There were also NO Gluten free choices shocking since I checked the menu ahead of time and there appeared to be. The staff didn't even no what gluten free meant. It was way too expensive for the quality.
- Asian DelightBruceterDined on 6/14/2013We had an excellent dinner in a comfortable environment. The service was excellent and without being obtrusive. The 3 Chinese and 1 Thai dishes were well prepared, portions were good size, and presented a good value for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.