Rice & Company - Luxor
3900 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89119Neighborhood:
Luxor Hotel and Casino
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Rice & Company - Luxor
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.luxor.com/restaurants/rice_and_company.aspx
- Phone: 7022624852
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Rice & Company - Luxor
Rice and Company features fresh, tasty and healthy Asian Cuisines with the motto EAT RICE, DRINK TEA, SLURP NOODLES, STAY HEALTHY, this new venue will offer some of the finest modern Japanese and Chinese cuisine in Las Vegas. Located near the entrance of Mandalay Place, this enticing new casual dining alternative will offer an intriguing menu of tropically influenced variations of sushi and sashimi as well as hibachi, teriyaki and Chinese food classics.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rice & Company - Luxor reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (26)special occasion (23)romantic (22)good for groups (19)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (6)late-night find (5)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- a+++eirejohnDined on 5/16/2014Love this place great food and great drinks. Have eaten here many times and it always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingHoneybeeDined on 5/15/2014We had an amazing time, great drinks, dinner and dessert. My husband has never had sushi and this experience was so enjoyable for him he will again, THANK you for such and enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Sushi and Great ServiceSushiHoundDined on 4/26/2014Our family had both hot meals and sushi and both were good. The service was outstanding (thanks, Darren & Miguel!) Darren was very helpful in recommending the right portions (as eyes tend to be bigger than stomachs.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Lunch/ Dinner Spotluv2eatDined on 4/26/2014I dined at Rice and Company April 25th 2014. The food was great. Fantasy sushi roll was very tasty. Pad Thai was to die for. Zithers I dined with also enjoyed their choices. I will return on my next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014The service at this restaurant is amazing. I ordered 2 sushi rolls and a side of brown rice, all which were very good, but not quite 5-star. The service however, is 10-star.Special Features:
- dont miss outstanne17Dined on 4/21/2014wrote review for both days on one review here is brief there was very little we didnt try over our to times here what sticks out seared ahi salad specalty rolls we tried almost all of the wife had UNI was very fresh it should have the texture of a souffle not runny not tough nutty with a little brine flavor she said it was the best she had ever had they have all the basics but go for there specailtys you can have a roll and a drink and be full or at least comfortable or can do what we did had calamari app ahi salad 3-4 rolls to Chinese dishes and then desert a deep fried banana with nuttela and ice cream just sweet enough we ate here twice in three days now we splurged ate most of the menu between the 2 visit he scollop and bean sauceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SushiBHenryDined on 4/21/2014They have really good sushi with the Fre Kin Good being my favorite so far.Special Features:
- over greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014This is our third time at this restaurant and I wanted to take a group since we love the restaurant so much. Our server was on top of things when we are arriving. the person bring out food was not as courteous, she would say what she was bringing out but not set it in the right place, she was kinda rude to be honest. Some of the party food orders was messed up but our overall experience was great and I will return for the Chop chop Bang bang!Special Features:
- More than SushimomthatlikesgoodfoodDined on 4/12/2014Our group of 7 ages 7-67 went on a Saturday night for some Sushi mainly. The sushi was excellent. In addition, we ordered a fried pork dish that was great along with some usuals that were good as well: salmon teriyaki, General Tso's chicken, etc. Service was very quick which helped a lot with kids in the group.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ate at many of the placesKathyDined on 4/12/2014We ate at many of the places at the Luxor last week, and the food was lackluster at best. On our last night there, we decided we wanted Sushi so we went to Rice & Company. We had the edimami and I had one of the specialty rolls. It was downright awesome. The price was a little high, but well worth it because I was ready for a good meal. The ambiance is very nice it sits on the second floor almost in the middle of the pyramid. The service was outstanding. The only negative I had was that, even though it felt like a restaurant, it still sits in the middle of a casino and there is cigarette smoke all over that casino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Asian cuisine.BJdaDJDined on 4/12/2014The sushi and egg drop soup was outstanding, and my wife thoroughly enjoyed her kung pow chicken. Definitely going back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentradioniteDined on 4/7/2014We were in town for the ACM awards and stayed nearby. We had a craving for Asian food and this was fantastic. Our waiter was very courteous and professional. We were actually surprised there were not more people in the restaurant at 7pm on a Monday. Would recommend to any and all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodsummerspotDined on 4/6/2014I was a little skeptical after reading reviews that said that the portions were small and the prices were high, but we decided to try it anyway. The portions were average and filled us up. The prices are high but most restaurants in Las Vegas are expensive, so I don't think they are out of line. There were two of us and we shared the Chicken Lettuce Wraps and that could have been our meal. The martinis were a bit expensive and weren't the best. Then my companion had the Crispy Duck which she said was excellent. I tried to order the Lobster Tail but they said they were out. It was only 8:30 p.m. and not busy, so go figure! I settled on the Szechuan Shrimp and even though the portion was huge, it wasn't what I wanted. Bummer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous cow fun. .. and sushisandiegoDined on 4/6/2014Fabulous cow fun. .. and sushi rolls. Good sized portions. Great mix of foods. Everyone was in a great mood and friendly to be around. It made our dinner a really fun one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedBuckbudDined on 4/3/2014Service was great but the food wasn't. I had the seafood soup which turned out to be a bowl of ramen with very little seafood and way to much bok choy. Big bummer for the price..
- DeliciousAbelrxDined on 4/2/2014Greeted warmly and seated right away. Ordering was quick and food delivered promptly. Food was nice and hot but beware of spice level. When they say hot and spicy, they mean it! The setting is wide open and lots of things to see and observe. It was a delight to visit from beginning to end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and average serviceGreaseWD40Dined on 3/27/2014The restaurant is very clean and nicely decorated. It was very busy but our server kept things running smoothly. Our food was fantastic as were the drinks. The only issue we ran into was when we received the bills. We had two couples and each couple had their own check. Items were mixed up and the couple we dined with was charged twice for one appetizer. We used MyVegss rewards to shave $50 from our check so overall it was a great deal for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined AlonebdaygirlDined on 3/24/2014I went as a gift to myself on my birthday. The restaurant is beautiful, the staff was fantastic and the food was so delicious! This was my first time dining alone and the staff did not make it awkward for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable.GarryDined on 3/23/2014Very enjoyable restaurant with great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehSusanmcmuDined on 3/19/2014Drinks were great, hostess & bartender were very nice, they were understaffed and when I asked to move into the bar (so we weren't by children for our meal) the waiter frowned with an attitude. Weird. Great food once we got it.Special Features:
- ExcellentCherylDined on 3/15/2014This restaurant is located on the bridge between the Luxor and Mandalay Bay. As are most restaurants in the hotels, it was noisy, but not as bad as the ones in the casino. Since it's on the bridge, it's quieter than a lot of the other restaurants. The food and service were excellent. I had the sesame chicken. It was spicy enough to be interesting, but not too spicy. It also had a very buttery flavor I've never had before in sesame chicken. I enjoyed it. Like all Vegas restaurants, it's a little pricey, but not overly so. Most menu items run in the $20s. I had a $20 off coupon from the Mlife coupon book. Needless to say, my dinner wound up being inexpensive even after tax and tip.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSniperMedicDined on 3/13/2014Not as good as restaurants over at Paris, Caesars or Mandalay Bay, but a lot less expensive. Food was great, Sake was awesome, service was acceptable.Special Features:
- DissapointingdbaiocchiVIPDined on 3/11/2014We ate here because we had a coupon for $20 off. The food was unremarkable. The orange chicken was slimy and un-eatable. The garlic chicken was marginally better. We filled up on fried rice and water and left. The waiters were gracious and efficient and even credited us for the uneaten entree..... but knowing what we know now, we would have gladly spent the extra $20.
- Decent meal, wonderful staffMomof3Dined on 3/5/2014The atmosphere was very modern, trendy, with great attention to detail. Our wait staff was wonderful and very professional. The only reason why I would not rate this restaurant higher is due to the food quality. While presentation was impeccable, the specialty rolls tasted fishy and bland, the miso soup was average, and the sushi was nothing to drool over. You know that feeling you get when you just crave a good sushi meal? This was average at best.
- Great Sushi/service for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/27/2014When we got to the resturant we were seated right away and the hostess was very polite. When the waitress came out to take our drink orders she offered suggestions on good drinks from the bar. She was not overly friendly and did not smile when she came to the table but was polite. We ordered an appetizer (ahi tuna) that was amazing. The fish tasted fresh and the flavors were spot on. We ordered a few rolls of sushi that were also great. The only major issue that I had were the drinks. I ordered the house speciality and the vodka in the drink had a very gross after taste. Almost to the point where the drink tasted like cough syrup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Sushi!!!ksteffDined on 2/22/2014We went to Rice & Company while visiting Las Vegas for a bachelorette party. There were 6 of us at our table and we all ordered a couple rolls (tried to get some variety). Our only complaint about the evening was the amount of time it took to get our food. Everything was delicious when we received it, our waiter was excellent in making recommendations and making sure we had what we needed. But our reservation was at 5pm and we had a 7pm show to attend (literally next door at least), but we seemed really rushed once our food arrived to be able to make it to our show on time. The atmosphere was beautiful and quiet, and service was excellent, the food was amazing! Just needed more time.Special Features:
- Sit near the Sushi BarSteveninpdxVIPDined on 2/19/2014I've stayed at the Luxor a dozen times, (and will again) I'm pleased to have the new Rice & Company as an option during my stay. I suggest sharing a deluxe platter between two, add a couple of your favorites. The UNI was very fresh... a great addition. My disappointment was where we sat. The open area with a view of the tacky gift shop, it felt like I was sitting at a Denny's. The comfort of the chair so bad we tried a couple from another table, not alone the group of ten near us did the same thing. These chairs have to go. Try to get a table near the Sushi bar you will have an enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Rice and GreatRaineythefoodieDined on 2/19/2014Good food, great presentation and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent serviceshtrdglassheartDined on 2/11/2014After arriving my boyfriend and i were on a very tight schedule. The waiter assured us we would be out in plenty of time. In fact we ended up having 45 minutes of wiggle room. They have a great selection of sake and wines if you drink alcohol. I personally went for their bottled green pomegranate tea. It was sweet enough from the fruit flavor. I also ate the general tsos chicken. It was different than traditional and had more of a BBQ feel to it but I really liked it. I would love to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exactly what I was looking for...SouthLoopSavvyDined on 2/1/2014I had the most basic dishes on the menu - egg drop soup and chicken lo mien. My partner had a salmon roll and some sort of beef dish. Everything tasted great, and our server was extremely friendly and accommodating. Two thumbs up :)Special Features:
- Sushi and a Prize!FoodCritic11VIPDined on 1/23/2014This was my second visit to Rice & Company. I only went for the sushi, but I have tried other dishes in the past, like their excellent Crispy Whole Fish. This time, however, I ordered a rather challenging roll - the Fire Breathing Dragon Roll. Inside this roll there is shrimp tempura, tobiko, spicy mayonnaise, and fresh chopped Habanero peppers. As if this combination wasn't eye-watering enough, it's served with a Ghost Chili dipping sauce. Ghost Chilis are 400 times hotter than a Jalapeño! While it definitely blows the top right off of your head, the roll still packs a lot of flavorl. So if you're a chili head that loves good food, I definitely recommend it. Oh, and I won a set of chopsticks for finishing the roll!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good chinese foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014Overall good chinese food , service and ambience .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Waste your MoneyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/9/2014I was here during CES, the only reason we came here was because it look nice from the outside, but that was about the only good feature. The food is outrageously overpriced, it took forever to get served and to top it off the food was cold. The service was just as bad, having one waiter for five tables is just not right. Save your money go elsewhere.Special Features:
- delicious sushihungryhungryhippoDined on 1/4/2014Sushi was delicious, portions could have been bigger. Shrimp fried rice was really good. We had the candy cane and east meets west rollsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!AndreaDined on 12/30/2013This was a great restaurant - the decor and ambience were great. The prices were a little high, but it made for a great special occasion meal for my boyfriend and me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaitertortsDined on 12/27/2013Food very good.....waiter either new or couldn't, care........
- Expected BetterFoodieDined on 12/26/2013Seating was nice and spaced out. Server was polite and friendly. All the food came out at once. Sushi was good but expected it to be better. The house salad dressing was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Excellent, Service AverageLiv2EatVIPDined on 12/26/2013My initial impression was somewhat negative as I had to wait 25 minutes past my reservation time to be seated. I waited for 3 people without reservations to be seated first with the restaurant was 90 % empty. After I pushed to be seated the manager seated us. We also waited 8 minutes for our first contact with the waitress after being seated. Yes I timed it because I was miffed. Food was excellent and the servings were quite generous. Service was average meaning you had to ask for drink refills and to have the pile of empty plates removed. Orders received were not correct either. Overall I would say I hope it was an off day. If not for my first impressions I would have had a very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was okayDifwizDined on 12/5/2013I got the crab salad and there was A LOT more mayo in it than I was expecting. I think I was expecting to see some more veggies than there were and maybe some more lettuce - more than the few token leaves - presumably just for decoration?
- Poor food, poor serviceRufflerDined on 11/22/2013I was very I dissatisfied with my dining experience. Not only did our server show minimal interest in serving our table but our food tasted like it was purchased at the frozen food section from a grocery store and reheated for our meal. On top of that, we paid $300 and left unhappy...