BARMASA - Aria
3730 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
Aria Hotel & Casino
JapanesePrice: $50 and over
BARMASA - Aria
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.arialasvegas.com/dining/barmasa.aspx
- Phone: 8772302742
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Thursday - Tuesday 5:00pm - 10:30pm Close Wednesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Wine
A word from BARMASA - Aria
Experience modern Japanese cuisine, sushi and sake at Michelin Three-Star Chef Masa Takayama’s first Las Vegas venue. Continuing the tradition that has made his New York restaurant legendary, Chef Masa allows the inherent flavors of each ingredient to emerge undisguised. Key ingredients are flown in directly from Japan. Wide selections of sakes and wine have been handpicked to perfectly complement the seasonal menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
BARMASA - Aria reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (21)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (14)notable wine list (11)romantic (8)hot spot (7)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Best sushi ever!!! I evenOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/5/2013Best sushi ever!!! I even liked things that I do not normally eat (Octopus, eel, fois gras). Waiter is very knowledgeble and was very helpful selecting menu. Expensive but worth every penny.
- Amazing food! The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013Amazing food! The service was outstanding. I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- By far my all time favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/23/2013By far my all time favorite Sushi Restaurant. I dream about it when I'm not there and make time for it as often as possible, but never go more than three months without a visit!Special Features:
- Excellent food, perfect serviceAmericanClicheVIPDined on 3/23/2013I spent the weekend in Las Vegas, and since I was staying in Aria decided to try Barmasa. I love the decor, and overall ambiance. It's quiet enough to have a conversation, even when there are lots of people. The service is top notch, some of the best I've experienced. The food was good, we did an appetizer and sushi tasting menu. If you're looking for Sushi in Vegas, this is the place to try.Special Features:
- We were pretty bummed:(OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2013We were pretty bummed:( Online it appeared to be a hot spot, yet it really wasn't anything much more special than an overpriced hotel restaurant. The menu was pretty small, and primarily sushi only. The restaurant is very large and open, which made it feel very "unintimate and non special. Would not recommend.
- Waiter could not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/21/2013Waiter could not recommend Sake, had not tasted ones on menu. Portions were very small even for sushi standards. Sashimi ordered was not proper temperature, we thought it was not refrig enough. Did not have Uni ? In Las Vegas? At a sushi bar? Are you kidding me? Overpriced and underserved. Won't ever go back.
- Bar Masa In-YoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/17/2013This place was a bit of a jumble. Poor service staff in knowledge. We asked if they had a Sushi Bar and our first server said she would ask someone. (???) Sommelier was off the chain excellent and they have one of the best Sake lists I've seen in the US. Our 2nd server got on a roll and was a bit better. The decor looked like a bad concept of an Ikea cafeteria. I thought we were going to get Swedish Meatballs as a first dish. The design and layout of the place was horrid-please change that. Then.....the food came. After which, all the negatives of the place melt away. The food is simply fantastic. This is not a place for California Rolls and faux Sushi..this is the real deal. Such care is taken with the sushi-plus non-traditional dishes tooSpecial Features:
- A waste of time..expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/17/2013A waste of time..expensive and the smallest portions I have ever experienced.
- Wonderful ambiance and greatBetJohnsonDined on 2/16/2013Wonderful ambiance and great food - a little pricey but it is Vegas!!!Special Features:
- Valentines Day DinnerMikeDDined on 2/14/2013I took my girlfriend there as a Valentines Day dinner, as she is a fanatic of sushi, and the experience was very good. The Blueberry Martini was outstanding and the sushi was top notch. As with most restuarants, now, in Las Vegas they are very particular about the food quality and presentation of their offerings. My girlfriend ordered most of the tuna sashimi listed and they were pressented extremely well in a decorative bowl on top of ice. I ordered the unagi and it was the best I have had to date. The meals/fried rice were also prepared very well and were very flavorful. Would go back again for sure. Downsides: The pricing is not for the fait of heart. Most items are served a la carte and the cost is higher than normal.Special Features:
- Barmasa is a high end sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/1/2013Barmasa is a high end sushi place in the Aria in Las Vegas. Being in Las Vegas, you're rarely going to find "value meals", but I thought the food vs price equation dipped the other way here. The sushi was good -- very good -- but the prices were significantly higher than I am used to paying in Southern California.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurant SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/17/2013Wonderful restaurant Sushi and sashimi excellent Amazing choice of sakiSpecial Features:
- Ehh..markdm3VIPDined on 1/8/2013I went here with high expectations and although it was a group of 6, we were squeezed into a table really made for 4. Waiter was knowledgeable but at times condenscending. Waiter managed the menu but portions seemed awfully small and we were left hungry. Food was tasty but for a $2100 meal, we really expected more.Special Features:
- This is one of our favoriteTflahVIPDined on 12/13/2012This is one of our favorite restaurants in Vegas. The atmosphere, food and wine are amazing. Our favorite server is Mayu...she is such a pleasure all the time! We'll be back next time we are in town.Special Features:
- The food was fantastic tryHeatherDined on 11/19/2012The food was fantastic try the beef & garlic rice.Special Features:
- REALLY disappointed. I readOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/17/2012REALLY disappointed. I read many of the reviews and must admit that I chalked most of the bad ones to sticker shock more than anything else, and so we came to the restaurant fully expecting to pay exorbitant prices. Just to be clear. But the sushi was not even close to fresh, fried rice was amazingly bland (I didn't think it was possible to mess up fried rice!) and the only thing that was even barely notable was the duck and fois gras tacos. I've had better service in diners, and to top it all off, the ambiance was akin to eating in a poorly-lit high school cafeteria. Seriously - so sad, as I really wanted to enjoy this experience.
- We had to wait for 1.5 hrsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/24/2012We had to wait for 1.5 hrs for the appetizers to show up and another hour for the actual dinner - it was terrible service and the food was nothing special I'd recommend for anyone to overspend.
- Food is just ok, nothing spectaculaDelishVIPDined on 10/19/2012Food is just ok, nothing spectacular. I expected an experience similar to Nobu or Matsuhisa. This wasn't the experience we had and came away disappointed. Next time I'm in LV I'll be cabbing it over to Mizumi.
- It was my second time at BARMASA.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2012It was my second time at BARMASA. The food was excellent, as was the service. I have eaten at other places back here in Connecticut and New York City, as well as Las Vegas, but BARMASA was a trully extraordinary experience. Wonderful!Special Features:
- Amazing tasting course dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/10/2012Amazing tasting course dinner with a group, highly recommended. The small plates were great, lots of variety.Special Features:
- Super nice but even pricierRoboPDXVIPDined on 10/7/2012Outstanding service and great food - but price value was a hard to justify. A very fine high end Vegas dining experience, but not exceptional.Special Features:
- Barmasa is the best restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/26/2012Barmasa is the best restaurant in Las Vegas. The food is unique and creative. The sake list is exceptional. The wait staff is attentive, intuitive and friendly.Special Features:
- We weren't impressed the foodLBKluvs2dineDined on 9/21/2012We weren't impressed the food was over priced for what you got. Mediocre sushi at best. Save your money and go eat somewhere else. Japanais
- Disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/19/2012Read all the reviews and decided to go even though there was some not so good ones. The sushi and sashimi were amazing. But be prepared for tiny portions and super big prices. The octopus appetizer was terrible. There were 5-6 tiny overbooked pieces that was very dry and chewy. NOT worth the $24 price tag. Restaurant is very modern and cavernous. My bill for two was $250 including with two glasses of wine. There are much better Japanese restaurants and this one was very disappointing.Special Features:
- Fantastic sushi: the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2012Fantastic sushi: the best I have had in the United States. Very expensive though.Special Features:
- A little disappointed. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012A little disappointed. The waiter got my order wrong and when I pointed it out he did not seem at all helpful. The agedashi tofu was a little salty for my taste. Sushi was fresh. Nothing overly special.
- If you like Japanese foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/15/2012If you like Japanese food with a flair, this place is for you! It's Japanese food like you never have had before tapas-style! YUMMY small plates. Our server was great! He helped us order based on our likes, and all the food was incredible. I highly recommend you get help as there are so many choices. My husband usually has sake and someone helped him pick out a sake that worked with our meal. The place was not crowded at all. All this being said, the meal was pricey - we paid over $150 for the two of us. BUT...it was an incredible experience too.Special Features:
- Overrated Overpriced Thumbs downOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2012Food is good but not earth shattering. Even by fine dining standards way overpriced. To real have a decent meal and wine drinks plan on 300 to 400 bucks. look at the menu and I kid u not. Much better off at other top restaurants in Vegas. I didn't like cavernous atmosphere. Felt cold and impersonal Felt like I was eating in an airport hanger. Maybe I ordered the wrong items from the menu but the outrageous prices and the ambience would not change.