O'Learys Seafood Restaurant
310 Third Street
Annapolis, MD 21403Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
O'Learys Seafood Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.olearysseafood.com/
- Phone: 4102630884x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Gary McGinley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Buyouts available by request. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Wil Peterson 4102630885x
A word from O'Learys Seafood Restaurant
Located in the historic Eastport section of Annapolis, O’Learys Seafood Restaurant offers seafood cuisine that is strictly nouveau/fresh, along with “the best small wine list in Annapolis"!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
O'Learys Seafood Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
O'Learys Seafood Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
180 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (106)fit for foodies (105)neighborhood gem (81)romantic (80)notable wine list (38)scenic view (11)good for groups (10)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Another great mealPopeyeDined on 6/6/2014O'Learys is always very good and tonight was no exception. The fish was excellent as was the wine. I can always count on quality and reliability. Reservation was waiting for me and our guests enjoyed it too.Special Features:
- Great Established RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2014Excellent food and service, fairly quiet, but a bit cramped inside; plenty of parking.Special Features:
- Second visit did not disappointFrequentFoodieVIPDined on 5/31/2014This was our second visit and it was every bit as good as the first, which was a couple of years ago (we would have visited sooner but distance was an issue). Both my husband and my friend ordered the swordfish from the menu. I ordered one of the specials (sorry - cannot spell it but it hailed form South America and was a little firmer than mahi mahi). All three of us were extremely pleased with our entrees. My only complaint about the food was the trouffled mashed potatoes were a bit oily. As for ambiance, even though the decor and view were nice, I could not rate it higher than a 4 due to the air conditioning being too cold. One should not have to shiver while dining. Other than that, it was a lovely dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed Water Viewbillwill7Dined on 5/29/2014Googled and Open Tabled O"Leary's with good reviews. Though it was a dreary day in Annapolis, this restaurant is recommended by locals. I guess the major disappointment was that it wasn't on the water, somehow seafood and water views go together. Food and service were very good, though.Special Features:
- The Best in AnnapolisRagtopEnvyDined on 5/27/2014Fresh seafood artfully prepared and presented by discreet, attentive staff. This was my first visit; my guest frequents often when in Annapolis and has never been disappointed. Thank you for a delightful dining experience. We will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful seafood selectionADL2013VIPDined on 5/22/2014We were looking for a great place for crab or seafood and we found it! Great choices for seafood. We were hoping for a water view and it us not on the water but it is worth a stop for the excellent menu!Special Features:
- O'Leary's Seafood restaurantJillyDined on 5/21/2014This restaurant is a "must" if you love seafood. I had an entrée which consisted of a variety of seafood in a spicy sauce over pasta. It was delicious and extremely generous with the amount of seafood. There was a good choice of fish on the menu and there was some choice of entrees for those guests that prefer meat. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1115 reviews are from the O'Learys Seafood Restaurant reviews archive.
- Amazingluv2dineDined on 5/21/2014It looked like a small place where nobody knows but they have excellent food and service. The specials can get extremely expensive so make sure to check the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AstoundingadadVIPDined on 5/17/2014Everything is just brilliantly fresh perfection. The texture of the scallops and the crab cakes shine above all others that I've had before.Special Features:
- Larry BlakeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Fantastic evening for our anniversary wife loved it food was great ambience was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood in MarylandMikeyVIPDined on 5/17/2014Premium seafood and good wine at a decent price. The crab cakes are the real deal!Special Features:
- Excellent Place to eatsharonDined on 5/11/2014This restaurant has excellent martini's and seafood. We had the oysters as an appetizer and mahi-mahi and swordfish for dinner. All were delicious and prepared nicely. Wait staff was very knowledgeable and pleasant.Special Features:
- Mother's Day Dinner at O'LearysnobunagaDined on 5/11/2014Had an early Mother's Day dinner of a selection of appetizers (three per person.) The food was excellent - the ahi sushi and the blue point oysters on the half shell particularly good. The service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Treat !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014My wife & I drove over from Silver Spring & enjoyed a wonderful Mother's Day afternoon in Annapolis, the central point being a great early dinner at O'Leary's. We arrive for a 4:30 reservation so the kitchen was probably not quite fully prepped & we had to wait a little longer than I thought necessary for our meals but the food was simply outstanding!! I observed that other diners who arrived after us did not have to wait quite as long but that's understandable. Everything was excellent, the rockfish was simply marvelouliy prepared & all was outstanding ... right down to the risotto! The meal itself was definitely worth a 40 minute drive...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's the shrimpAnGeLinADined on 5/10/2014The shrimp cocktail was not traditional. There was only one lonely whole shrimp at the top of the cocktail glass. The rest of shrimp were chopped up into a salsa. I did not like that. Although it gave me a great idea for salsa to prepare at home for guests. I don't know maybe I miss read the description of the appetizer. My entree was delicious! The wine selection was impeccable! My waitress was attentive and courteous! The ambiance was just so romantic, perfect for a first date. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others and is will return as well! I just won't order the shrimp cocktail. : )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Do yourself a favor and stop in to visit O'Learys. The perfect spot for any occasion. One of the best meals I've had in a very long time.Special Features:
- Return VisitorSouthtownsDined on 5/10/2014We hadn't been to this restaurant in a few years. It was just as good as we remembered. The food was very freshly prepared. The specials were delicious. We arrived for an early dinner reservation. So, the parking was not an issue. Wait staff very professional. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- On my top 10 list!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/9/2014what an amazing dinner !! The food was awesome ! Presentation , taste , delivery...all 5 stars for me....the service is absolutely impeccable...everything was absolutely outstanding !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annapolis BestGordonDined on 5/6/2014A friend recommended this wonderful restaurant. We ordered soft shelled crabs and they were the best we have ever had! The wine list was also great. our waiter was an absolute pleasure.Special Features:
- WaitingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/3/2014Waited 20 minutes for a table after reservation time.Special Features:
- BartDined on 5/1/2014Our server was very nice and professional. We found the entree complements (grits and rice) to be dried-out and far too heavy on spices which masked the flavor of the primary entree selection.Special Features:
- Special PlacemdmusketeerDined on 4/30/2014O'Leary's is our favorite local restaurant for special occasions. This was my wife's birthday and we couldn't have asked for a better evening. Great food, great service and a place we'll continue to frequent.Special Features:
- Appetizers Turned DiningIntelqubedVIPDined on 4/27/2014We came here once before on a whim for a glass of wine and appetizers. We sat at the bar, which is only three seats. It was so good that we decided we would have to come back for dinner sometime. Well, we came back on this visit and sat in a nice booth, had excellent, attentive service and had a wonderful time. The menu is unique and has some interesting preparation of some of their dishes, but that is part of the charm. The wine selection is extensive.Special Features:
- Booking essentialCaussieDined on 4/26/2014I,m glad we made a booking. We got there early and it would have been nice to be able to have a drink in a comfortable place rather than standing in the corridor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014Our waiter recommended the grouper as it has been on the menu 24 years--it was stellar! Swordfish special also memorable. Service was friendly and personal. There are two parking lots and both were full, so you might leave a little time to find on street parking if necessary.
- Wonderful food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/20/2014This was a great way to celebrate Easter, with wonderful food, GOOD service and fun people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's been awhile but we're back!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/20/2014Simply Amazing, we hadn't dined there since Feb 2012.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chasbarDined on 4/19/2014Food was absolutely fabulous and our server Elaine was exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WHAT A NICE SURPRISE!LCherryDined on 4/19/2014Annapolis is a gastronomic delight with lots of restaurant competition. We have a discerning palate, everything from wine to dessert. This was an exceptional place. Loved the cozy boatyard atmosphere, yet so lovely, understated. This is one of the eateries on the top of our list in Annapolis!Special Features:
- Too much butter/oilDoDoDined on 4/17/2014I requested a relatively simple dinner because of dietary restrictions. They were agreeable. Scallops with vegetables. The vegetables were overlooked and swimming in butter. My dining companion ordered fish with a Provençal sauce. Much too much sauce, overwhelmed the fish. A side of sugar snap peas were also drowning in butter. There was a side of orzo with a very heavy cheese component. Did not pair well with fish. The wait staff was pleasant and exchanged the side with a simple rice dish.
- Birthday Dinner with friendsluv2travelDined on 4/13/2014All four of us loved our dinner. Go for the freshest seafood in Annapolis, you will not be disappointed. The scallop appretizer out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerAnnapvisDined on 4/12/2014We ordered the crab cakes...truly outstanding, loaded with tasty, sweet crab meat. Even the side vegetables were cooked to perfection and the sauces were very favorable. The wait staff were truly on their game and made the dinner a success also. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Good, with one glitchJoeVeeDined on 4/11/2014The War Shore Oysters on the half shell and Oysters Italienne were fresh and very good, but I would hold back ordering the crispy Virginia Oysters. Maybe it just didn't fit well eating fresh oysters. Surprisingly their Creekstone Farms Cowboy Ribeye was excellent and I actually thought the steak was much better tasting than their seafood. The lobster cappucinno soup was outstanding and perfect; not too milky as with some bisques. The only glitch was with our request to change from a table to a more private booth. I noticed an open booth and asked if we can move. We were told that a party of six will be arriving and their booths were for parties of 6's. A party of four arrived (not 6), I complained and was the only time we were moved.Special Features:
- Annually for sureWallyDined on 4/11/2014This resturant is an hour and a half drive but I am required to visit it at least once a year by the wife. We usually do it three or four times each year. Great food, better service, and a superior environment.Special Features:
- Didn't live up to its repOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/11/2014We wanted a very high end dining experience but this didn't meet expectations. The food was fine but nothing special. We Won't go back.Special Features:
- Spring Saturday NightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2014Still my favorite crab cakes in Maryland. Took 2 out of town guests there on Saturday night and they can't stop talking about how much they loved it. The scallop app was a nice surprise as well. Parking is still a bit of a pain, but we were able to find street parking about 3 blocks away and it was a nice evening to walk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Water ViewnonamegivenDined on 4/5/2014Food and service was very good, only disappointment was we thought there would be a water view which is not the case.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WishWeWereRegularsWishWeWereRegularsDined on 4/5/2014Excellent food, friendly atmosphere, and we love our waitress Elaine. Parking is convenient and on the premises. My husband and I love dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great GrouperOysterHumperDined on 3/29/2014Celebrated my boyfriend's birthday at O'Leary's last weekend, and had another phenomenal meal. Great appetizers, especially the fried calamari with chili aioli. Wine selection was very good by both the bottle and glass. He had the grouper, which was the best I've ever tasted, I enjoyed the Pacific Rim Tuna and the memorable wasabi mashed potatoes, and my daughter loved her seafood Alfredo. The staff there is excellent! Go and enjoy, I know we'll be back soon!Special Features:
- It had been several yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/28/2014It had been several years since I had Benin Annapolis for dinner. I had formerly spent many weekends in Annapolis and frequented O'Leary's. The broiled crab cakes were just as delicious as I remembered. Additionally, everything else which my dining partner and I had was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.