O'Learys Seafood Restaurant
310 Third Street
Annapolis, MD 21403Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
O'Learys Seafood Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.olearysseafood.com/
- Phone: 4102630884x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Gary McGinley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Buyouts available by request. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Wil Peterson 4102630885x
A word from O'Learys Seafood Restaurant
Located in the historic Eastport section of Annapolis, O’Learys Seafood Restaurant offers seafood cuisine that is strictly nouveau/fresh, along with “the best small wine list in Annapolis"!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
O'Learys Seafood Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
O'Learys Seafood Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
176 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (104)fit for foodies (102)romantic (79)neighborhood gem (77)notable wine list (38)scenic view (11)good for groups (10)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (6)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- murphyDined on 7/23/2014Always a good meal and quality friendly service. Chef is always coming up with clever combiniations of flavor.Special Features:
- bonlomDined on 7/22/2014Nice restaurant, but not on the water so all the tables are about the same. Food was good--crabcakes were delicious. Mussel appetizer, though tasty, was not big enough for two so don't be afraid to order it alone. A little disappointed in the way our waitress handled my husband's seafood allergy ...almost everything has shrimp, crab, or lobster in it and since he stops breathing when he tastes those, we asked if we could sub in something in its place. She offered to sub in a few veggies for the large shrimp. Really? The restaurant does have a romantic feel...dimer lighting, a little quieter than some others near by.Special Features:
- Outstanding Fish Dish PlaceWow2eatDined on 7/21/2014Our party had three different fish dishes requiring different preparation. All of them were excellent, beautifully presented, tasty, and surprisingly memorable. Food quality was excellent. For people who have shellfish allergies it required some discussion with the waitress on what to order since many of the fish dishes have shellfish in the same recipe.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014An inviting atmosphere, friendly staff and excellent food. A comfortable walk from the city dock in Annapolis or drive on over and park next door. You will not be disappointed. We will be back in the fall!
- A perennial favorite, for how long?WestonsDigestionsDined on 7/19/2014I've been going to O'Learys for over a decade, when I used to call it the "the Annapolis Kinkead's", after the acclaimed seafood restaurant in DC. I think there was a point when O'Learys was easily the best seafood in town (at least for us non-yacht club members); over the years that distinction has probably faded a bit with some of the new competitors setting up shop nearby. Still, it is invariably where I go whenever I want a good seafood meal in a pleasant, yet unpretentious environment. The seafood is always fresh and nicely prepared. The service is attentive and professional. One quibble is that the wine list lacks many choices for light-bodied reds by the glass, which would have been nice with my Catalan zarzuela.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every wayCandidmanDined on 7/19/2014First time here. Restaurant was busy, but had a reservation and seating was immediate. Menu selection and specials were are well described. Had the soft shell crabs - these were the best ever. I live on the Chesapeake so I know what I'm talking about. Only slight criticism is beer selection could be better.Special Features:
- Great Seafood RestaurantTomKatDined on 7/16/2014O'Leary served the best seafood that I have had in the last year. Simply superb.Special Features:
- Delicious seafoodRhosueDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I chose this restaurant based on reviews when we were in Annapolis for a wedding. We shared the crab tower as an appetizer, which was very good. He had a fish special and I ordered the salmon phyllo. Both were delicious. We shared the fresh berry shortcake for dessert. The fruit was great but the drop biscuit was a bit dry. Our server clearly loves her job - she was warm and attentive. We were seated in a small room in which were crammed about 10 tables, so it was difficult to hear each other. Overall, we definitely recommend O'Learys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceLuvOlearysDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary and we decided on O'leary's having never been there but heard great reviews from friends. We were not disappointed. Service was excellent as was the food. Loved the ambience also. Would highly recommend O'leary's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodNoproblemIIDined on 7/7/2014Beautifully prepared and presented in waterfront neighborhood in EastportSpecial Features:
- Hidden Gem in AnnapolisShesSavvyVIPDined on 7/5/2014This place had outstanding reviews, which is why we chose it. When we drove up it seemed to be an old house near the Annapolis harbor. On the inside there was a tiny bar with 3 seats. It was very cozy and felt more like I was in someone's home than in a restaurant. As soon as we were seated, we noticed all of the meals coming out from apps to desserts, everything looked amazing. We ordered the Lobster Cappuccino and Crab Tower for starters, the Crispy Flounder and Crab Cakes for entrees. When I say everything was delicious, everything was delicious. The portions were huge so I ended up having left overs. Pretty sure I've never had crispy fish the next day that was just as good as the night before. Excellent service & food! We'll be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2014The greeter made us wait because he wanted to seat people who were return customers (I do understand this, just could have been handled better). Unfortunately, it is very small and with a bar that would fit in a closet, no chairs available for waiting couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe a bad night?HigherHopesDined on 7/5/2014Service and location are outstanding. Lobster cappuccino was very good. No side dish offerings on the menu so the entree selections become important. Our entrees (soft shell crab and seafood medley in a tomato base) were, sadly, average. Not quite what we had expected at this price point.I would recommend this to a friend.
- July 4th dinnerKwantumDined on 7/4/2014Great food. Add kids menu. Service was excellent. Really diverse selection. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annapolis' best kept secretMrThomasDined on 7/4/2014The family and I had dinner at O'Learys before the fireworks on the 4th, walked to the Naval Academy for the show, and walked back for coffee and dessert afterwards. Both meals were exquisite, and the service was perfect. Everything we ordered came out quickly, the server suggested an amazing wine, and the food was beautiful. I recommend this restaurant to anyone for a first date or your 50th anniversary. The parking lot is a huge plus as well. Go! Tonight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Good!HungryManVIPDined on 7/3/2014O'Leary's has some wonderful new additions to their old standby's on the menu and they are excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodAngelBearDined on 7/2/2014Visited over July 4th weekend and loved the food. The fish was very good and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!!JessieDined on 6/29/2014Food was amazing! Seafood is my love and they were right on with every level of service and preparation...Special Features:
- crab cakesNT125Dined on 6/29/2014Best I've ever had and I've had quite few since it is one of my favorite entrees. My husband had a special fish (cobia?) and thought his was excellent also.Special Features:
- Not on the WaterdinneroutDined on 6/28/2014Unfortunately, our table had a great view of the parking lot. The service, however, was very good as was the meal. If you are into crab, get the crab cakes - and if soft shell are in season - get one soft shell and one crab cake. A better value than two soft shells (the second one was no jumbo). In all, we will return and had a good time.Special Features:
- great birthday dinnerMelanieDined on 6/28/2014I made a reservation with open table for dinner for my husband and myself for a special birthday dinner. We showed up 15 minutes early and taken right to a table by the windows overlooking Annapolis harbor as the sun was setting. The server was helpful with the menu items and specials. I ordered the whole lobster special and substituted the mashed potatoes for the risotto without a problem. My husband had the whole rockfish with risotto and sugar snap peas. Both meals were wonderful but we were too full to even look at the dessert menu. We look forward to eating there again and trying some of the other items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service five starsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014The food, service and drinks all make o'learys an excellent restaurant. The small dinning room and accompanied noise level take a bit away from the experience.Special Features:
- BD DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Was out of towner, and restaurant was recommended by relative. In a word...outstanding food and service. Best grouper I've ever had, my wife really liked her seafood as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- embarrassed and never going back!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2014I was told how great o'learys was and drove from from DC and invited a friend to meet me there. The server was attentive when we ordered our wine and was was very good to us when reading the specials. My friend ordered crab cakws which were good and I orderwd shrimp and grits. I 2as the most horrible sight when my dish arruved. The gritts, sausages were floating in water. Politely my friend and I asked our waiter chris that this is not right. He says "let me drain the water" what? I did not finish my dinner and did not want to mkr a scene. Im wondering if any men of color got the same treatment at this place. I'll take my expense account and spending dwsire other places. Recommend other places than this.
- Outstanding!!!SFC81VIPDined on 6/24/2014The crab cakes on fried green tomatoes are worth a very long trip to have them. We came from Atlanta and will be back for more the next trip to Annapolis. As expatriate Marylanders, we make a point to have crab whenever we are visiting the Free State. These crab cakes are really excellent. Service was great, too.Special Features:
- Eastport treasureBmoredinerVIPDined on 6/22/2014Over in the east side of Annapolis in Eastport you'll find many good restaurants, but we always come back to OLearys. The food is delicious and never boring. The bartender is knowledgable and friendly. The waitstaff is friendly but professional. It all adds up to a great evening. I was going to have the crab cakes, then was torn when one of the specials was soft crabs-so the server said the chef would offer a combo of one each and it was exactly what I wanted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth returningExceptionalDined on 6/21/2014Although the lobster bisque was excellent the remainder was abysimal. There are many other places in annapolis better than this spot.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Fabulous food and presentation. Great service and available parking. Nice wine selection too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014As always superb food. A little pricey, but great for special occasions.Special Features:
- Best Annap gormet Seafood Period.NoThanksVIPDined on 6/20/2014Subject says it all. You get what you pay for, which is perfectly prepared seafood dishes in a small, intimate setting. Don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance, Service, and FoodSeaCrisVIPDined on 6/18/2014We have been going to O'Leary's since it opened many, many years ago. It continues to be one of our favorite restaurants in Annapolis. If you want fresh fish, well prepared, friendly and prompt service, and a quiet neighborhood feel, this is the place.Special Features:
- Incredible!jenbDined on 6/17/2014Our server, Joe went above and beyond for my wife's birthday on Tuesday evening. Even though I don't eat seafood (sad, I know), I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner with Joe providing me with many options. While I have recommended O'Leary's to many visitors and locals over the years from others' experiences, I can now fully recommend the restaurant from my own phenomenal experience! Thank you so very much! And special thanks to Joe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annapolis Seafood at its Best!FoodieAtHeartDined on 6/16/2014I had heard wonderful things about O'Learys, and so I thought it was the perfect place to celebrate Father's Day and my husband's birthday. Jessica was our waitress, and her service was top notch. She was cheerful, knowledgeable, and just happy to be there! As our dishes came out, all of us were impressed by the presentation. Everything looked and tasted amazing! The food is incredible. We enjoyed a bottle of wine with our meal, and the pairing was perfect. To top it off, Jessica brought out dessert on the house for my husband's birthday! The chocolate mousse was to die for! Although it's a bit pricey, you won't be disappointed. The beautiful scenic views, funky art, exceptional food, and unbeatable service make O'Learys worth the visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and staffexcellentDined on 6/15/2014I was surprised at the taste and quality of food. I was extremely impressed and would recommend to friends and family. Very nice staff. Limited parking available but didn't have any problems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerdinnerwokidsDined on 6/14/2014We arrived early for our reservation and were seated promptly; I thought parking would be tougher and take more time. When we arrived it was tad too noisy for me, towards the end our meal it was a quieter. We had a mini lamb chop appetizer. Lamb was tender and juicy and didn't taste like lamb to me. My wife had a crab cake and soft shell crab. Crab cake was lump without filler and server with traditional mayonnaise/mustard sauce. I had a fish special - which was great, but it was served with a red bell pepper sauce that I didn't care for. The fish was served with lump crab meat as well. Fish was tender, flaky, and juicy. We shared the berry shortcake for desert which was awesome! Great meal for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014The food was great. The drink that my server recommended was not bad at all. Its a small restaurant but the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb diningRayAnnapolisDined on 6/14/2014The "Crispy Grouper" dish, said to be on the menu since 1998, was among the best meals I've had in my life--incredibly complex and coordinated in taste and textures. My lady's crab cakes were excellent. The Grey Glacier wine (I prefer reds, regardless), though apparently not on the online menu, was also excellent Unless you're in the 1%, however, the prices will probably make this restaurant a special-events-only destination, and the relatively ordinary interior design made the ambience fall short of the outstanding cuisine. But your taste buds will not care about ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceracetrackDined on 6/14/2014Had the Grouper, best that I ever had in my life. Oysters on the half shell were a great start to the meal. Parking was easy. They have their own lot. which is a plus in Annapolis. Will come back.Special Features:
- pcje4VIPDined on 6/7/2014First time at O'learys and based on the reviews was looking forward to a great dinner. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. Very disappointed with the crab tower as it had pieces of cartlidge in it. My fish dish dry and lacking in flavor. Nice restaurant but food just ok.
- Happy 60th BirthdayAgedtoperfectionDined on 6/7/2014Loved all of our meals: soft crabs, tile fish, and shrimp & grits. Service was excellent.Special Features: