254 Chauncy street
Mansfield, MA 02048Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cibomattocaffe.com/
- Phone: 5083399800x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Sunday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from Cibo Matto
Inspired Italian cuisineContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cibo Matto reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (69)fit for foodies (68)great for outdoor dining (32)special occasion (27)good for groups (25)great for lunch (24)romantic (17)notable wine list (17)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (6)great for brunch (4)Show More
- The food was well seasonedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/30/2014The food was well seasoned and prepared nicely. Service was better than average. Only complaint was in my reservation I noted it was a special occasion (wife's birthday) which was not acknowledged in any way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server Megan was absolutelyJennyVIPDined on 1/26/2014Our server Megan was absolutely wonderful she was very patient with all of our questions answered everything we could possibly imagine the food was amazing thank you
- better luck second timeBrindineDined on 1/25/2014Have tried a few times and each has been better than the first on New Years Eve. Food excellent, great menu selections and range. Very noisy and wish the bar area was a little bigger. Also - my husband is 6'5" and obviously cannot be squashed into a tiny corner so hostess staff could use a little more common sense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is absolutely delicious!EmmaDined on 1/24/2014Food is absolutely delicious! The service was fantastic and we didn't have to wait long to get the food. I have recommended this restaurant to several people..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crazy Bites keep you coming back.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/24/2014My wife and I have had the pleasure of dining fairly regularly at Cibo Matto since it opened several years ago. This restaurant started out as a local eatery featuring Italian fare with a flair that has evolved into a first rate gem and hot spot for dining on excellent and creative cuisine. The owner and Chef, Peter, always promotes local and fresh ingredients as he continues to creatively tweak the menu and his recipes, the one more mouth watering than the next. The food here is simply outstanding, good cocktails and an excellent wine list., and the service is always friendly and attentive. Always, always, always pay attention to the Specials as they will never cease to amaze you and will keep you coming back time and time again.Special Features:
- Excellent this time aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/18/2014We have been a Cibo a few times and this time was the best. The salmon entree is by far the best so far. Also, the short rib is very good. The gingerbread sundae is exceptional. The wine by the glass Malbec is not recommended.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversaryfsafety25Dined on 1/10/2014Great local spot to enjoy fare that you have to go to the city for.Special Features:
- City feel, quaint for realMichelleVIPDined on 1/10/2014Love this small restaurant. It was deceiving. The place had a city feel of a large place. It was a little loud for a small venue but once the family with small children left, it quieted down. The choices on the menu were fantastic. Everyone can find something as there are many choices. Want a pizza or salad? Or a veal chop? Our table of 6 had it all. Everything was delicious and cooked perfectly! We will make this a regular date spot. Our waitress was very attentive. She was perfect! We will be regulars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/8/2014I was looking to try a new restaurant for my birthday. We were in the Norton area and I found Cibo Matto after a google search for Italian Rest. in Mansfield. It is conveniently located of Rt. 140. I liked the open kitchen concept. The menu and atmosphere were great. The food and wine list was very good. It is worth a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/6/2014Cibo Matto was a perfect restaurant to celebrate my birthday with my honey. Food was outstanding...veal piccata and swordfish. We had calamari and a cocktail to start that were also both perfectly made. The bread from the hearth oven was to die for! We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Everything was very good !DebbiebhappyDined on 1/4/2014We started meal with Goat cheese salad... Delicious. I had the brined Hampshire pork chop & my husband had the scollop, shrimp. & cheese tortellini both meals were excellent . For dessert we split the gingerbread cake & ice cream. Overall out server was friendly and service was prompt. It's a unique place with casual atmosphere but upscale menu. We will go back...Special Features:
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/3/2014Our second time at Cibo. We found the food to be just OK, nothing special. The potato encrusted cod with spinach was fair. The piece of cod was huge and is actually covered with potato slices, which didn't really add any nice flavor. The spinach was good but a little oily. The kids meals (pasta with butter and grilled cheese) were prepared with excessive oil. The bread of the grilled cheese was soaked with oil. I wouldn't let my kid order that again, just too unhealthy, and she didn't really like it anyways.
- MixedBrindineDined on 12/31/2013Had reservations for New Year's Eve/wedding anniversary. Vey noisy, waitress obviously more attentive to next (larger) party. Great choices but risotto was tepid, though shrimp special itself was fabulous; Veal chop superb, but again, cold side. Great bread, salad. Will try again though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantDominicLPDined on 12/30/2013Food here is good and inventive. We were surprised by rabbit on the specials menu, enjoyed the chicken livers, were blown away by the homemade mozzarella and carpaccio. And then the wine…Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hopefully, just an off night.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/28/2013First time visit to this restaurant after receiving a couple recommendations. Arrived 5 mins prior to our reservation time and then waited 20 minutes before we were seated. Water arrived right away and then we waited another 20 minutes before very friendly waitress arrived. No acknowledgement of our wait and rushed us through ordering (drinks and all). Food was slow to arrive. While the appetizer was delicious, the entrees were good, not great and not what was expected. This place has potential if they can figure out how to provide a better, more timely and tasty experience. Will try again just to be sure it wasn't one "off" night for the establishment.
- Good Local FindOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/28/2013We just moved to Mansfield, so thought we would try this restaurant on our search to find some new go-to spots. The food was delicious - antipasta platter is a must; and i loved the White Clam Sauce. My husband enjoyed the Short Ribs, with a lot leftover. The table next to us raved about the Rigatoni Bolagnese and the Gnocci. The Creme Brulee was good - good sugar crust - though the whip cream wasn't sweet, sorta odd. Our only "issue" was the wait, even with an OpenTable reservation - but it did help us jump the line and we only waited 15 minutes. We will be back - want to try the pizza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gemronsterDined on 12/28/2013local gem of a restaurant - food always good and service is always excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expected, to crowded,ReenVIPDined on 12/28/2013Not what we expected, to crowded, people standing near your table waiting to be seated. Just not what we like
- Great food no roomStaceyDined on 12/27/2013We made a reservation in which we were sat timely. It was very busy. We were two and sat at a small two person table between two tables of four. There was absolutely no room it was hard for people to get in and out. The service and food were both excellent. It was uncomfortable speaking because we were basically on top of the other two tables and could hear everything they we saying too. The worst part came when the server asked if she could put a pizza tray between our tables. Their pizza hung over on to our table which was too small to begin with. It's unfortunate because it would be wonderful except for being stuffed in a corner. They really should just remove the two person table from that set up.Special Features:
- Food is always solid here.JPG7VIPDined on 12/26/2013Food is always solid here. Pasta and pizzas are reasonably priced, delicious and well sized so you won't go hungry. The calamari appetizer is excellent. Nice beer list of local craft beer on draft and decent wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceLuvItalianDined on 12/23/2013We had a late reservation after a high school hockey game. There were 10 of us - 5 adults and 5 teenagers- service was excellent and the menu had something for everyone including one vegan :) Great family dining. Not the least bit rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date nightshanscatsDined on 12/21/2013Had a great time with my man celebrating my last day of school. I made reservations in advance, was seated in a booth( which I requested). Service was timely and to the point. I love the ease of the one page menu. Great wine selection, and the food was amazing. I had the sole and my partner had the veal, both cooked to perfection! Loved the vibe of the restaurant as well, energetic and casual at the same time. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding meal. The menuCherylVIPDined on 12/19/2013Outstanding meal. The menu is great! The spinach salad was exceptional.Had the veal chop which was so tender .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great salads, delicious entreesMBethDined on 12/18/2013Great salads, delicious entrees and interesting drink list. Our waitress was friendly, attentive and very helpful. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotPM30Dined on 12/12/2013Great spot, unexpected too see such a upscale resteraunt in Mansfield on Rt 106 near the Foxboro line. Great small bar, interesting food choices, with standard Italian dsihes and venison also on the menu. prices comparable to Patriot Place resteraunts. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Steady as a rockFirstClassRealtyGroupDined on 12/11/2013I've eaten here at least 2 dozen times and I'm never disappointed. The food quality is always superb. House made pizzas with surprising combinations are fabulous and are cooked in the wood oven. I've never had a bad dish and I've never had the same dish twice. Good wine selection and friendly staff. Always clean. Outdoor bar area is great in the warmer weather. Just a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite resturantDebbieDined on 12/6/2013The food is amazing, fresh and so tasty! Look forward to it. It is our date night restaurant.Special Features:
- small surpriseTerryDined on 11/24/2013A small gem. The food was delicious, nice flavors, and generous portions. It is a small place but with the row of booth type seats, it feels more private, and the lighting has a nice ambiance without being too dark or bright.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad mealeyesofbuddhaDined on 11/21/2013This was my third time there this week. Any questions?Special Features:
- A bit too crowded. Staff friendly.btwnDined on 11/21/2013A bit too crowded. Staff friendly. Food excellent!!Special Features:
- Made the reservation on aJohnnyDined on 11/14/2013Made the reservation on a friends recommendation, not disappointed. The food was very well prepared. Really a hidden gem in a small strip mall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood spotfrankieb3Dined on 11/2/2013My husband and I dine here often. The food is terrific, they have a great wine selection and we always feel welcome. It's so popular that I suggest making a reservation (the weekend wait can be as much as 45 minutes and there's not much room for waiting). Dining at the bar is a great option but get there early or late since it only has about 10 seats. This is a gem for a small town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!AEMHDined on 10/26/2013Food was great! Atmosphere was lively, but not too loud!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always go for the Chef's SpecialsMikeRDined on 10/12/2013Hen of the Wood is one of the best starters especially when cooked to perfection and only gets on the menu this time of year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timefourfriendsDined on 10/12/2013Met friends from a distance at halfway point-how fortunate! We had a wonderful dinner-even invited the chef for a drink for a drink-too busy! We'll definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They missed it this time!johnVIPDined on 10/11/2013we frequent cibo matto, usually once a month and the food is usually very good. this time, when i ordered the tuna puttanensca i wish i had recalled the advice that Anthony Bourdain gives in the book Kitchen Confidential; ...if Fish is on the menu as a special.... there's probably a good reason! the 3-4 oz piece of tuna while cooked ok was so over-seasoned it was barely edible. instead of puttanesca sauce, it was served over a bed of spaghetti in a tomato/pork meat sauce. YUCK !!!! CLEARLY nothing in this dish resembled puttanesca. This was either a clean-out the kitchen special, hoping the fool that ordered it wouldn't know what to expect, or the cook didn't know what he's doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a positve experienceDJCBDined on 10/10/2013When we have friends visiting or are celebrating with family, this is our restaurant of choice. Varied menu and reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindmanunitedDined on 9/21/2013Excellent food,service and atmosphere. You have to go here if you are in this area. We sat inside, very cozy but still private. Servers were very aware of you at all times even if they got busy. Food was just delicious. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findpaulineDined on 9/21/2013great restaurant, great food - awesome outdoor dining experience. Large portions - will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before the showSuziQDined on 9/21/2013I found this restaurant on TripAdvisor and decided to try it based on the reviews and that it was close to the Comcast Center. So glad we went. We decided on salad and pizza, it was delicious. I had the steak and cheese pizza and never got to eat my leftovers because my son ate them. He commented how good it was! Would definitely go back.Special Features: