254 Chauncy street
Mansfield, MA 02048Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cibomattocaffe.com/
- Phone: 5083399800x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Sunday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from Cibo Matto
Inspired Italian cuisineContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cibo Matto reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (74)fit for foodies (71)great for outdoor dining (35)special occasion (31)good for groups (29)great for lunch (25)notable wine list (19)romantic (17)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (7)great for brunch (4)Show More
- mdkfDined on 6/21/2014The food was great! The quality of all of the ingredients were top notch. You wouldn't expect a restaurant like this in the suburbs. The fried goat cheese salad was fresh and flavorful. The crab cakes had plenty of crab. The shrimp and scallop dish was well cocked and was well paired with the homemade tortellini and greens. The braised beef special was extremely tender. The waitress kindly split the salads for us and checked on the table regularly.Special Features:
- Good Food, Reasonably PricedYoungCoupleDined on 6/21/2014My Fiancé and I love Italian food and tried Cibo Matto based on favorable reviews. We were not disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cousins ReunionSandyDined on 6/20/2014We have decided to make our cousins reunion a yearly event. I chose Cibo Matto as I have had previous great times there. My entire party loved the food and we were able to stay and laugh and enjoy each other for a few hours. Great place, great food, wonderful cousins to share it with.Special Features:
- pralixDined on 6/18/2014I great local find. From the salads, to the appetizers, to the entrees the food was fantastic. I would highly recommend this restaurant, and I look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Really Nice PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/16/2014Went on a Monday night to celebrate our anniversary. Food was excellent, I had rabbit and my wife had duck, both were tasty and well presented. The service was great. It was not crowded on a Monday night, so it was quiet, low noise level. We chose to dine inside rather than outside since it was hot out that night, but we've eaten outside in the past and enjoyed it. The restaurant is a bit pricey, but worth it. I would prefer they did not have so many tables in the place, it can get crowded and noisy on a weekend night, but since we went on a Monday we enjoyed the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Local fun dinning with good food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014We had a very enjoyable dinner! The service was very good and the manager recommended a very interesting ,wine which we really enjoyed! Good local restaurant !people seemed to be having a fun evening .Special Features:
- Good Food, Wine and Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/13/2014We were a party of 7 and enjoyed our lunch immensely. The food was delicious, the wine list extensive, and our server met our every need. We were not rushed and celebrated in style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hit or missAnnieDined on 6/10/2014The basket of bread was disappointing partly due to the accompanying additions for the dipping oil. A pitifully small amount of parmesan cheese, some salt and pepper, red pepper flakes and a mild herb were offered. Besides a much bigger serving of cheese, some garlic would have been welcome. The herb crusted goat cheese salad was very good, but my pizza was tasteless. My friend's chicken parm was also bland and uninteresting. On the other hand, the veal chop ordered by my husband was beautifully cooked and delicious. No complaints about the service, and the atmosphere was friendly and casual.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodChristineab147VIPDined on 6/6/2014Food is excellent. Can't get a bad dish. Service was good, but not great. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food & staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014My niece recently moved to Mansfield and she raves about Cibo Matto. She kept inviting us and we finally relented. I went there with my family for lunch one day. I was little skeptical because of the location. It's across from a CVS and in a shabby parking lot with a liquor store and yogurt shop. The staff is very friendly and efficient. The food was fantastic. We had 1 person in a party of 8 that didn't like the sauce...he was Irish. Lol. We sampled a number of apps, ordered a few pizzas and dinners. Loved every bite. My only complaint would be cost. I think it's a little pricey for the neighborhood. For those prices, I would expect to be eating in a high end waterfront restaurant or downtown Boston. Would I go back? No.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but can be priceyDinesOutFrequently2014Dined on 5/31/2014A little pricey but consistently good. My husband had the tuna special which was excellent. We think they are getting a bit out of control with the pricing though. This is a neighborhood restaurant. There is nothing special about the atmosphere, no views or anything like that. Having said that, the menu is very good. Talented chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dining Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/30/2014We had a 7:30 PM reservation on a Friday night and we were seated right at 7:30! The food was great! The service was perfect! Just enough attention without being annoying! She was there when we needed her but she did overdue it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 129 reviews are from the Cibo Matto reviews archive.
- laurclDined on 5/25/2014We had gone years ago and something we couldn't pinpoint kept us from going again. We made reservations with OpenTable and were seated right away, though the place was pretty hopping for a Sunday night. All of our meals were delicious. The chicken came with pasta, but it wasn't clear from the menu. Other entrees told the accompanying sides in the description. I think that is the issue I couldn't figure out. The lack of the little details lead to confusion and our waters weren't filled after being empty and the appetizer plates weren't removed. For the highish price of the meal, for the area, the service didn't match. Lots of effort is put in the kitchen and not in training the staff. That may be what kept us from going back for so long.Special Features:
- Nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014The food is great and the restaurant has a nice interior. The only drawback is that the building is not large which makes the wait for a table challenging.Special Features:
- Saturday NIght Dinner and a ShowSandyDined on 5/17/2014Fantastic. The food was wonderful and our server Nancy was just the best. She was there whenever we needed something and went over and above in making our dining experience at Cibo Matto the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, nice atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/14/2014Cibo Matto is our newest favorite restaurant. The food is inventive and delicious. There is a nice range on the menu for different tastes. The desserts are delicious and the drink menu (cocktails, beers on tap, wine) also has a nice range from reasonably priced to more upscale tastes. It is a great place for date night or to meet up with friends for a drink and dessert. The fact that my husband and I BOTH love this place is a testimony to its wide appeal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surprisePaulDDined on 5/12/2014First time diner but won't be the last. Great menu, great service, great food and great ambiance.Special Features:
- Business entertainmentRoamer99Dined on 5/12/2014Hosted some business associates here. They were impressed with the variety and quality of the food. The service was notable. All things considered, a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visit!FeliciaDined on 5/11/2014Went there for Mother's Day. It's the third time my family has eaten there. food was very good. service was normal. Being a special day the restaurant was packed so the meal for 6 took almost 3 hours! I will eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cibo Matto - DinnerGirlsNightOutDined on 4/30/2014This is a great place for both casual/family and date night. The food is amazing and I have dined here several times and keep recommending it to anyone that is looking for a place to meet for dinner. A++++Special Features:
- Good food in a neighborhood settingRusmaDined on 4/26/2014Met a friend half way point for us. No idea what to expect. Seated promptly at 6:30. Place was already busy. Waitress down to earth and pleasant. Food was excellent. Little noisy table small but all in all very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CiboSummerDined on 4/25/2014Crowded, noisy. Atmosphere more Olive Garden than anything else. Food had been very good in the past. Not so this time. Ordered two simple Italian specialties. Undercooked pasta and overcooked chicken. It was obvious food suffered in an effort to turn tables quickly.
- Always good...EJM3Dined on 4/22/2014We go to Cibo Matto about once every two months and it is always good. We have never been disappointed with any meal we have ordered, always great tasting, hot, and no mistakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memories shattereddesmtDined on 4/17/2014I first ate at Cibo Matto 18 months ago and loved it so I had been anxious to return. Too much has changed - and not for the better. We had the calamari and crab cake appetizers. To say the calamari resembled a rubber band is an insult to the rubber band. I sent the first order of crab cakes back because they were still cold inside! We ordered the squash stuffed ravioli and clams in a red sauce. The ravioli should have had a sweet brown sugar butter sauce but something else was added that threw off the flavor profile. I wouldn't eat them. The red clam sauce was a bit off too - orange in color and it seemed to have the same odd flavor as the ravioli. So disappointing and very pricey too.Special Features:
- Always solid. Always good.rickracerVIPDined on 4/15/2014I always have a good meal here and did once again. Great service. Quick, efficient lunch stop for work. Always have a good meal.
- Dinner for twoCarolineDined on 4/12/2014Cibo is consistently good, I've never had a bad meal there. Kyla at the bar is awesome, as are the wait staff. The apps and the entrees are excellent but the desserts are only ok. I would definitely recommend trying it if you have not been yet. Try the cod dish, it's fabulous, best cod I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joyful EveningSuncactusDined on 3/28/2014We brought some friends to share a celebration dinner. They arrived ahead of us and from the grins on their faces we could see they were already in good hands and happy. They raved about the breads and the waitress, Jenna. Even a glitch in some of the dinners was handled well and returned with wonderful changes as well as sincere apologies from the chef, manager and server. I had requested a special dessert and it came, timely, with a lit candle. We all agreed we would soon return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!HBREVIPDined on 3/27/2014We were in the area and tried Cibo Matto. What a pleasant surprise. The bluefish was absolutely delicious - so fresh and an excellent preparation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for local & unusual pairingsSerpaldenDined on 3/23/2014What a great find. The menu is impressive; full of different choices being house made gnocchi to ravioli to seasonal vegetables, etc. My 7 & 9 year old girls found delicious kid choices and they even customized their salads to their taste!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodAlbeDined on 3/21/2014I was pleasantly surprised with the food here! Absolutely delicious and worth every penny. This area is known for horrible restaurants so it's nice to see one in the mix. Would highly recommend the pork Milanese.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner, Long WaitDrew68Dined on 3/15/2014We arrived on time for our reservation to be told it would be a minute to sit, so we ordered a glass of wine at the bar. We waited 15 minutes until the woman at the front came up and said it would only be a few more minutes. As we were waiting for another 15 minutes, they sat 2 couples that walked in withoutb redervations at the bar tables next to us. It would have been good to offer the people with reservations a choice of the table instead of making them wait while others were seated. We were quite upset about that. Other than that, an excellent selection of wine, good appetizers and tasty entre's. My marsala could have used a bit more sauce, but was excellent. Short ribs were cooked perfectly. Overall a long, but good experienceSpecial Features:
- Great local spot. FantasticrickracerVIPDined on 2/28/2014Great local spot. Fantastic food and always good service!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely go back....MacThomDined on 2/22/2014We made reservations for a Saturday night and when we arrived, there was a bunch of people waiting and we thought oh no we're going to have to wait for our table even though we have reservations....not the case, they took us right on time. Service was excellent; we both enjoyed our dinners: my husband had the bolognese and I had the grilled shrimp/scallops over tortellini. The portions were just right. They also have an outstanding wine list. We noticed the table next to us had pizzas which looked incredible....we will be going back to try their pizza! All in all a great experience and would highly recommend Cibo Matto's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerDanKDined on 2/21/2014A packed restaurant at 5:45 on a Friday night is a great sign, and the food did not disappoint. The lobster fettucine was terrific, very flavorful sauce and lots of lobster. Keep it up!!Special Features:
- Consistently goodtsankDined on 2/17/2014Once again Cibo does a good job, which at the end is all you really want is consistency. We love the warm spinach salad, with the side salmon. I had the grilled buffalo sirloin, which wasn't cooked perfectly but no complaints. Would definitely go again - again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceCarolineDined on 2/17/2014I can't remember our waitress's name but she was outstanding. We had two elderly people with us who were very slow to make up their minds what they wanted to eat/drink. She could not have been nicer to them, very sweet girl. I had the brussel sprout salad with salmon, the salmon was perfectly cooked but I found the salad tasteless. My husband had the beef bolognese and said it was very good. Our guests both had the mussels and a caeser salad and said they were excellent. We all had apple tart for dessert and it was good, not great, but then we have a baker in the family so it's hard not to compare:) This is a great restaurant with excellent service, we go at least two or three times a month and I would definitely recommend it!Special Features:
- Suburban Stand outCastroDined on 2/15/2014A welcome relief in the land of suburban chain restaurants. You will feel comfortable whether dressed up or casual. The staff is great and will pick up on your attitude and cater the experience for the table whether you are seeking a formal experience or just out to have some fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night at Cibo Mattolove2dineDined on 2/12/2014Great night at Cibo Matto as always. I had the chicken piccata which was delicious. My friend had a fish dish (don't remember what!) which was also delicious. Both were very large portions! Service was great as always too. A Wed night and the place was packed. Will definitely be going back again soon!Special Features:
- Incredible dinnerRubyVIPDined on 2/12/2014Cibo Matto has gotten better over the years and this week was the best by far. I chose my meal from the specials menu of the night. The ceviche appetizer was excellent. Seafood was very fresh and cold. My entree was Eel medallions with squid ink risotto. Absolutely exquisite. Bravo! The restaurant keeps improving with excellent basics, but has also added a component of items that are creative and unexpected at a rather small restaurant in downtown Mansfield!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night outHarveySDined on 2/10/2014I had the oysters on the half shell as an appetizer. I thought overpriced but I have to say even on the small side that they were the best that I have ever had, oh so sweet. The portions are not huge but not petite. Both my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the meal and can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.