835 Airport Blvd
Burlingame, CA 94010Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/california/doubletree-by-hilton-hotel-san-francisco-airport-SFOAODT/dining/index.html
- Phone: 6503732237x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily 6:00am-11:00am
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-2:00pm
Happy Hour: Daily 3:00pm-5:00pm, Thursdays 3:00pm-7:00pm
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Peter Ochoa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Banquet facilities for over 300 people in our newly-renovated space.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Der 8886526570
A word from 37 North
Both a Pub and hotel restaurant, specializing in sustainable fresh local foods in a casual and upbeat environment. Offering comfortable seating scattered with overstuffed chairs and couches and accented by outdoor seating around courtyard fire pits. Highlighting artisan menu selections, creative wine and beer lists, including popular draft wines, and contemporary signature cocktails all at affordable prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
37 North - Best Restaurants in Burlingame ›
37 North reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (14)kid-friendly (12)fit for foodies (12)special occasion (12)neighborhood gem (12)romantic (9)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (8)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)hot spot (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great hotel restaurantDianaDined on 3/6/2014I brought a party of 8, everything was perfect. Our server Jesus gave great service. The food and ambience was great. I would definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad hotel restarant!!BeernutsVIPDined on 3/4/2014No intimacy & trying hard to be trendy but missed mark badly. Gastro pub? They changed the menu and décor but kept the same hotel kitchen staff. It was almost empty on a Tuesday night but we didn't get our entrees for more than 45 minutes and everything was overcooked and under seasoned. They used the wrong bread on their chicken sandwich (chicken jerky), the only edible item were the lamb sliders. We told our very nice server about the food and he was not shocked and was generally embarrassed that he had to serve us this Reno buffet menu. He ended up yelling at the kitchen and comping 2/3 food and giving us a free piece of cake. The cake was the best part of the meal and was probably bought from a local bakery on Burlingame Ave.
- Delicious!DateNightVIPDined on 3/1/2014Excellent pastrami in the Reuben sandwich!! One of my favorites! I also enjoy the brussels sprouts appetizer and the goat cheese. There is a nice live jazz band on Saturday nights as well.Special Features:
- In a hotelMikeVIPDined on 2/24/2014I didn't realize this was a hotel restaurant. It is your typical hotel restuarant. I wouldn't go out of my way to go here again unless I was staying at the hotel and didn't want to venture out.
- Good find on the PeninsulaJoeBDined on 2/24/2014Nice and quite. Hopefully that will change when the word gets around about the value and quality service. Made 6:00pm reservations and arrived on time. There seemed to be an over abundance of seating so we decided to have drinks at the bar. The bartender was pleasant and accommodating. Most of the top shelf liquors are available, but had a beer. They have a good selection of beers but wish they had Fat Tire or anything from Boont. Appetizers and dinner were good. Portions were average sized and tasty. Service was wonderful. It turns out our server was from my same high school, just a year behind. In short, this is a nice place with better than average food and excellent service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lamb sliders were very good.djshaferVIPDined on 2/23/2014Lamb sliders were very good. Reuben sandwich was just so-so. The ahi tuna burger was good. We got the brussel sprout leaves which were pretty tasty but seemed pretty greasy to me. It was definitely worth 1,000 points but not sure I'd go back for 100 points.
- Not just for frequent flyersOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/21/2014We twice had good meals at the previous version of this restaurant. The renovated space is more interesting and attractive, the new menu more creative and a definite upgrade. The food was equally as good as what we ate in many excellent San Francisco restaurants throughout our week there. Not the usual airport hotel restaurant by any means, it should be considered by anyone looking for a good meal in the area. We also enjoyed the excellent live music by Ron Borelli's trio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem in Burlingame - A MustLocalgirlDined on 2/17/2014It's surprising to find really good food in a hotel restaurant. The signature truffle and parmesan chips were incredible and the brussel sprouts crisps were out of this world. Who would think that brussel sprouts could be such a great hit but it is. The presentation for the food was great. Try the tomato bisque soup and you will be amazed - pouring the soup is a show in itself. The staff was ever so helpful and attentive! Such a hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfAdriansmommy93Dined on 2/15/2014We had came to 37 north for our fathers 42nd birthday, expecting a great meal & ambiance. That was what we exactly got! Our server was Jesus & he catered to us as if we were VIP. The band was live & pointed out my father & the whole restaurant & bar sang happy birthday to him. He enjoyed every second of his birthday dinner. Also, Nick the manager was very kind & prepared special drinks for my father, who is very specific in his drinks. He nailed it! Overall, everything was a succes! Would highly recomend this place for birthday dinners & large groups!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Valentine's DinnerSandiaDined on 2/14/2014I saw the Valentine's Dinner menu via Facebook and it all looked really good. I thought I would give it a try so I told my husband about it. Even though we drove from San Jose to Burlingame, it turned out be well worth the drive. We were greated by friendly staff and our waiter Jesus (I hope I got his name right) was friendly and attentive. The restaurant was busy but there was a nice ambience throughout the restaurant. I was really impressed when the first course came out. The presentation was great, and the lobster bisque was delicious. And every course after didn't disappoint. And the dessert, was amazing. Congratulations to 37 North, you have a great chef and awesome staff! Hands down the best Valentine's Dinner ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel RestaurantSteveDined on 2/13/2014above the norm for hotel restaurant breakfast. Good food and service but the atmosphere was nothing special.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent, weOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/8/2014The food was excellent, we enjoyed the squid followed by the swordfish and skirt steak. Also, we were pleasantly surprised by the live music . The cheesecake was huge and fantastic. The menu is limited in that there aren't many options in each section, but the things they do have are done well. Carmen was very sweet and gave great recommendations. We will definetly be back soon.Special Features:
- Live music!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2014Visited this place for the first time. Service was great - accommodating and friendly, but not too pushy. The appetizer sliders were so yummy! Bonus was the live music for part of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Music and food at its best!KateDined on 2/8/2014Love 37 North. So welcomed there and the food is great as is the service and ambiance. Love the combo's music. Kitchen is rather slow in getting entrees out but when it comes it is good! Very nice staff. Delicious appetizers, too.Special Features:
- Fresh FareDateNightVIPDined on 1/31/201437 North offers fresh local food in a pleasant environmentSpecial Features:
- Undercooked Chicken, Awkard ServiceBonJuanDined on 1/30/2014My friend and I had dinner here, as she was staying at the hotel. Server, was very sweet but incompetent or had very poor training. She: -Read each menu item to us, after handing us the menus (!) -Served a 1/2 glass of sparkling wine, explaining the other half would come once a new bottle was opened. -Served us a salad with underdone pulled chicken (completely dark pink/red), explaining it was a "marinade" (really?!) (After a few bites, and determining it was indeed, undercooked, we called the manager over, who was horrified, and whisked it away, apologizing profusely). -Presented the bill 3 times miscalculated. Pluses: my ahi tuna burger was good (but drowning in mayo), fries were excellent. Open dining room was comfortable
- Great place to meet and catch upOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/29/2014I have a long-standing buddy whom I see 2-4 times a years. We both drive for hours to meet to catch up. We value not only the quality of the meal, but the service and a quiet atmosphere in which to talk. We met on a weeknight. The pork chop I had was cooked exactly as I specified - not dry (and the chocolate cake was enormous, moist and very chocolate-y). The service was fabulous - our server was that rare combination of very attentive yet not intrusive. We plan to come again!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh FareDateNightVIPDined on 1/29/201437 North is a fun, fresh place to dine. The menu changes with the seasons because they only serve fresh, local food. They have new ways to serve old favorites, like the goat cheese with figs and the fresh berries as a substitute for fries. Great, attentive serviceSpecial Features:
- The food was great! LovedcandyVIPDined on 1/27/2014The food was great! Loved their brussel sprouts crisped shavings, very tasty, their food is always very fresh and flavorful! The service was also great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a delightful surprise!WhitefishGirlDined on 1/17/2014Interesting, inventive menu focusing on locally grown ingredients, including the wonderful craft beer and nice wine selection. The jazz band was unexpected and great and the decor was hip and fun. The general manager, Nick, our waiter, Jesus, and the rest of the staff were attentive, knowledgeable, and energetic. They made the birthday evening quite special and we came away fans of this unlikely airport hotel gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jesus was a personable waiter.VacationDinerDined on 1/4/2014Jesus was a personable waiter. The food was tasty, however, since the dining room is open to the bar, it was hard to hold a conversation when the band was playing.Special Features:
- Great food, value, and service.DoctorMontalbanDined on 12/31/20135 course prix fixe menu for New Year's Eve, nicely paired with some quality, local beers and wines. The short Ribs were excellent, as were the scallops, Ahi Tuna, and interesting take on Smores for desert (spoon, stick, and a creme brulle twist). The new manager, Nick, gave a well-thought out menu and quality service that is appreciated. Not too many people know 37 North yet, as it's in the Doubletree Hotel, but with the solid presentation and quality hopefully word gets out on this underrated restaurant. The environment was fun, with live music (on this night a jazz quartet). It has a dance floor, open floor design, a lively bar, and large screen TV for sports, so it's a more upbeat environment than most restaurants of this quality.Special Features:
- Good food, excellent serviceLunaDined on 12/30/2013Came in for my mothers birthday and was greeted by friendly staff and an even attentive and knowledgeable waiter. He knows the menu and was really patient with us even if we made changes to our choices and kept adding more food. As you can tell we enjoyed the food really well to be adding more! The pork chop where so tender and the brussle srpouts to die for. Chocolate cake and ice cream for dessert nice final touch ?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/29/2013Menu was great!! It was hard to decide what to get and was more than pleased with my selection. I look forward to eating here again and trying something new. Also my husband loved the beer selections! That alone won him over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found a gem!twgpVIPDined on 12/28/2013Such a terrific find! 37 North is located in the Doubletree hotel, making for convenient and plentiful validated parking. The dining room is nicely appointed with large but cozy booths located around the perimeter. We ordered the fried brussel sprout leaves, potato chips, grilled squid, mac & cheese, and the skirt steak entree all for the two of us to share. It was a delicious noshing feast! The jazz ensemble really set the festive mood, really felt like a group of professional musician having a fantastic jam-session with great friends. Looking forward to my next visit!Special Features:
- EAT SOMEWHERE ELSE!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013Terrible food, did not enjoy it at all. My burger was dry, flavorless and chewy, I took two bites and didn't eat the rest. The fries were dry and hard (not crunchy). The worse food I have had in a while.
- Pleasant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013Went there with family for Christmas lunch. The food was not bad. The only negative thing I would say is that the time that we waited for our food took awhile. The time we ordered our desserts are the main entrees, took maybe 20 minutes. However, on the positive note, our waiter was well aware that we had a toddler with us and served the kid's meal 1st. Other than that, it was pretty good for a special occasion meal.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodNateVIPDined on 12/24/2013I picked up my family from SFO. We stopped in for dinner. Service was slow, but Carmen our waitress was very busy and others helped her bring our food. We had 6 at our table. The food was excellent. They even let us park in the 10 min. zone because it was Christmas Eve.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was great,candyVIPDined on 12/23/2013Food and service was great, very comfortable and relaxing atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Event: Holiday Party for 16.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/20/2013Event: Holiday Party for 16. Restaurant did a great job of serving everyone at the same time. Quality of food was fresh and flavorful. Manager and hostess were very friendly and added value. The staff was a little to obvious when it came to up sales, like Voss water and dessert. Overall nice experience and a friendly, comfortable enviroment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who would have thought?????OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 12/15/2013It was a Sunday afternoon and we were looking for a new place to try. We searched OpenTable and liked the menu for 37North. We made the reservation and when we arrived we discovered it was at the DoubleTree Hotel. We were a bit skeptical at first, but once we entered the restaurant, all concerns evaporated and we were treated to an afternoon of great service and delicious food. After we were seated, the manager, Nick, came by and introduced himself. He made some menu recommendations and he was spot on with his thoughts. (Thank you Nick!) We started with a sharing of the brussel sprouts and the truffle and parmesan potato chips. What a great way to start. Who knew brussel sprouts could be so great. We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall satisfiedHolidayPlannerDined on 12/14/2013We had our company holiday dinner here. I chose this place based on last minute plans and not too many restaurants had a table for my group on the day & time I chose. They had 4-stars on Open Table and Yelp, so figured I'd try them. Was a little concerned about the small amount of choices on the menu, but everything was good. Everyone got something they wanted. They easily fit one extra person in at the last minute. The service at the bar was a little slow at first, but the service overall was very good. Interesting find. I would eat here again, and recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- Hidden in the Double Tree HotelandylawDined on 12/14/2013I have been to this restaurant a few times. Very good service. The waiter remembered me every time I came in. The food was very good and the price is about the average at other restaurants. Great live bands each time I was there. Recommend the pork chop and prime rib dinners. Never enjoyed brussel sprouts until 37 North made them with bacon. It was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciously appealing @ 37 NorthTobyDined on 12/11/2013The restaurant's presentation of it's entrees were appealing to the eye, while the compliment of seasonings were appealing to the pallet, making for a wonderful combination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!KateDined on 11/29/2013We had a group of seven for a birthday celebration at dinner the night after Thanksgiving. We did not know what to expect and we were all pleasantly surprised as to how perfect it was. Mellow music from a wonderful trio lent a romantic back ground. Fire in the fireplace added to the warmth and ambiance. The staff and waiters were great and helpful with everything we needed. The menu is not large but the food is delicious and something for everyone. Great also for families as there is a lot of room between tables. It is out in the open off of the lobby of the Doubletree, so easy access. We can hardly wait to go back again. (I even liked the Brussel Spouts! Next time I will try the Pork Chop. Appetizers were amazing, too.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2013Our party of twelve had a wonderful Thanksgiving mid afternoon meal at 37 North. The food was delicious and the service was very good and personal. I was so glad I had found such a delightful place to bring my family on Thanksgiving day. The prices were reasonable for the great food and drink and a good time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was fine, but ifIrishblusuzDined on 11/28/2013The food was fine, but if I was eating in a hotel lobby again I would want to have a view.
- Great food...locarian hotel eatsEveningEatsDined on 11/23/2013The food was outstanding. The servers were friendly. It was a Saturday evening and there was live music...the music was rather loud for a restaurant but it was good. I look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemMichelle1Dined on 11/21/2013The restaurant is located in the Doubletree Hotel lobby. This was a surprise when we arrived, and generally I would not choose an airport hotel restaurant for dinner HOWEVER we were blown away by the food (all local, within 120 miles of the hotel), and absolutely delicious. The pork chop was superb, the brussell sprout chip appetizer was fantastic, and the beignet desert was delicious. The staff was extremely courteous and the restaurant manager has been working hard on bringing the restaurant up to a much higher standard. I give this restaurant a huge recommendation because of the food and staff. If it's in your area, definitely give it a try. Anyone taking clients from SFO to dinner should file this away as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food for a Hilton DoubleBruinVIPDined on 11/19/2013Good food for a Hilton Double Tree. Great service!Special Features: