3603 E. Indian School
Phoenix, AZ 85018Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.crudoaz.com/
- Phone: 6023588666x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday-Saturday 5p-10p
Brunch: Sunday 10a-2p
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Cullen Campbell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our space is perfect for an array of events. Accommodated Sunday and Monday or daytime.
- Private Party Contact: Maureen 6023588666x
A word from Crudo
Crudo means Raw in Italian, that is one of our specialties. Our sashimi style plates are started with fresh fish, olive oil, citrus and sea salt and finished with perfectly paired accompaniments to enhance the texture and flavor of the plate. Our modern Italian menu is inspired by local and seasonal ingredients to create unique and memorable dishes. In addition to crudo, we have a variety of handmade cooked dishes and wood fire grilled meats. In our bar and lounge you can enjoy a nibble with garden to glass cocktails or sip on after dinner drinks. Now serving Sunday Brunch with a variety of unique twists on traditional classics.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Crudo - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Crudo reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (84)special occasion (58)neighborhood gem (52)romantic (43)good for groups (19)vibrant bar scene (18)great for brunch (18)notable wine list (14)hot spot (13)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Excellent Dning and ServicejellyrollbluesVIPDined on 5/21/2014My wife and I ate at Crudo during Restaurant Week. There's nothing like getting a great deal on a great meal. It had been a stressful day but the staff immediately put us at ease and took great care of us. The cocktail menu reads like a fancy food menu and our selections did not disappoint but the food was the star. The fresh crudo appetizers are excellent as is the farmers salad appetizer; so fresh with bright flavors. Our tentrees were both wonderful and the desserts were worth saving room for. I can pass on dessert most of the time but the budino and he orange olive oil cake were both so good that I'm glad we had saved room. If you are looking for something different try Crudo. Not your everyday Italian but you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- rxmarilynrxVIPDined on 5/21/2014A truly unique dining experience; if you are looking for the extraordinary, this is the place! Kudos to Crudo for not being afraid to try something totally unique and different; for not being a wannabe, but for taking chances and going where others dare not go!Special Features:
- A wonderful find, not to miss.Robear46Dined on 5/20/2014We tried Crudo during Restaurant Week and turned out to be a wonderful experience. The raw fish was excellent as was everything else. The deserts were all winners. Our waiter was terrific and offered great suggestions on the menu. The drink specials added some fun reading their descriptions. Located at the back of a local strip mall, you might have to ask directions. Don't miss this place.Special Features:
- Great "Find" for foodIanKDined on 5/18/2014Wife and I went there for Restaurant week and had the most delicious food - appetizers were very good sized and the Bone Marrow item was super-good - so many whiskeys to choose from also!Special Features:
- Delicious!TurtleDined on 5/18/2014Everything tastes delicious. Don't miss the pork belly or squid risotto! The pig ears are also fantastic.Special Features:
- Fabulous!MaryygVIPDined on 5/18/2014We loved this innovative and new restaurant. The cocktail and wine lists were great and the food was different, interesting and delicious. Our waiter was helpful about the menu and the service was fantastic. I had the Burrata for first course, which was so yummy, large enough for sharing. The short rib for my entree and the orange, olive oil cake was so different and super delicious! Loved the eclectic atmosphere and ambiance. Can't wait to go back and try more of the delicious food!Special Features:
- A-mazing!YummersDined on 5/10/2014Beautiful dinning experience! The food was sublime, the service perfect and the wine list excellent. Joe had cocktails that told of mini journeys...beware the Doctors Order! Couldn't ask for a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Highly impressed with the service, food, atmosphere, spacing of tables....it was our anniversary (I put this in my online reservations note), our server immediately recognized our annivesary and thanked us for coming to them for this occassion. Will absolutely be going back and letting others know they need to experience Crudo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TruckeeDined on 5/9/2014Fresh! Flavorful! Outstanding service (Really felt that the Staff was a team).Special Features:
- Hoppin' PlaceEatBigVIPDined on 5/8/2014I really enjoyed my time at Crudo. For dinner, I ate the albacore tuna with black garlic and aioli, braised short rib, and some type of delicious chocolate dessert. I was so full at the end that I couldn't finish the dessert. The atmosphere was definitely busy but not too noisy that I couldn't have a normal conversation. Excellent! They were also having $5 classic cocktails until 8pm that evening. My choice of drink was the negroni, which was nicely balanced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and food.LVR4foodDined on 5/3/2014The service was outstanding. Staff was willing to explain any questions and make recommendations. I never would have know that such a great place existed but a friend from out of town looked it up and said he wanted to try this place. I am so glad. I will recommend this place to others. Plan on trying their brunch sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!AndyDined on 5/2/2014Crudo is a very creative restaurant that is located in the back of a strip mall. I would've never have found it unless I found it on OpenTable. My wife read about it in a food magazine also. You can pick from different selections of different food themes. This made it fun for my wife and I to pick and choose different foods to share. You must try the crispy spicy pig ears! It tastes like Cicerone and vinegar! The only thing I complained about was they do not have a full bar, but this was a minor flaw in my eyes. I would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky strikeHut49Dined on 4/30/2014From out of town and needed a venue for a business meeting/dinner for 4 people - somewhere with a buzz and life but without the need to shout at the person next to you trying to have a conversation. Looked at reviews in the neighborhood on OpenTable and something about Crudo just seemed like it was the place to try. Sometimes this strategy fails miserably but not this time. The ambience was conducive to having a good time and the service was great. We sat in a window alcove so had a sense of privacy but without being shut away. Noise level was ideal and the food was reasonably priced for the excellent range and quality of the meals. Outstanding all round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The little different restaurant ..The3BelgiansDined on 4/29/2014The restaurant seating is spacious and creating a nice atmosphere, the cocktails are creative we would not drink them again. The food sashimi and Mushrooms were outstanding We also had risotto which was delicious. We loved the pics ears The recommended white wine was good. The price is a bit on the high side, but price quality is ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/26/2014It could have not been better - great, great, great!!Special Features:
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2014Came for my birthday and enjoyed the night. My husband and I each picked 3 from menu and shared: yellow tail crudo, grilled mozza, dumpling, gnocci, brisket, and pork belly. The first 4 were incredible. We found the brisket and pork belly to be too fatty to enjoy, but I'm sure many people enjoy it that way. All the flavors were great and service from our waiter was impeccable. We will definitely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sublime dining experience!Immune1Dined on 4/25/2014First time at Crudo and the experience was memorable. The atmosphere was relaxed and not too loud, so unlike many deafening locales, conversation was actually possible. We all ordered 3 course meals; the ladies enjoyed the yellow tail and burrata/mozzarella dishes along with dessert, while the guys made short work of the red snapper special, squid ink risotto, and short ribs. The pigs ears were awesome! No one went home hungry. The service was friendly and attentive, but not obsequious. All things considered, I would go back next weekend!Special Features:
- Not a chain restaurantgdt1VIPDined on 4/23/2014I think its labeled Italian but its not your typical Italian fare. Must try and make up your own mindSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/20/2014This was our second visit to Crudo - this time for their Easter brunch. The open, relaxed feel of this space is great and the food is interesting and creative.Special Features:
- Loved it!kcfoodiesDined on 4/20/2014From the fun, eclectic atmosphere to the incredible food and attentive service, Crudo scored a 10 with us!! And Kyle at the bar was very interesting telling us all about mixology and some of the different brands of alcohol they use to make their cocktails special...even letting us have a small taste of a special cognac. Will definitely visit again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this areagrlwakemomVIPDined on 4/17/2014If you go here and don't get the Crispy Pig Ears, you've made a grave error. They are exceptional!Special Features:
- Required Phoenix EatingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/12/2014This place is everything that a top dining spot should be these days. Incredible inventive but approachable food, great service and atmosphere, and amazing cocktails. This is truly a five-star restaurant.Special Features:
- Yolanda, our server, was thefoodfreakVIPDined on 4/10/2014Yolanda, our server, was the most knowledgable about food & wine the world has known. The food was exquisite from the butterfish and tuna crudo to the squid ink risotto, to the pork belly and sea bass entres. But the brisket, short ribs & gnocchi were also wonderful. Yolanda's knowledge of wines and bourbon, scotch, rye and all liquor was impressive & greatly appreciated. She was perfectly attentive & described each selection beautifully. But, there is a huge downside--the smell from the woodburning oven made our clothes reek & our eyes burn & we sat at the farthest table away from the kitchen. If this problem could be solved, Crudo would be the best restaurant in the valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findJmptDined on 4/9/2014Inventive, delicious food! It was hard to pass up the nightly special, a two course great deal for two, but we just had to try more of the selections from the four different menu sections. They ranged from fabulous raw starters to full entrees, priced ala carte or as a coursing menu. Nice wine list with a good range of prices. Excellent, knowledgable server. My only complaint was that the high open ceilings and hard surfaces made it a bit noisy.Special Features:
- WonderfulislandjonesDined on 4/8/2014We reserved a table for 6 and were seated in a semi private room at the end of the restaurant. We requested a blind tasting paired with wines (a tradition that we now have annually in April). The meal and service was spectacular from beginning to end.Special Features:
- A dining experience!Worldtraveler2Dined on 4/8/2014Fantastic combo of flavors makes each dish unique. Great service.Special Features:
- First time - was great- waiterBrunchVIPDined on 4/4/2014First time - was great- waiter Chris was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excited to return...BobbyVIPDined on 4/2/2014The online menu had all the promise of a unique culinary experience, and the actual dining experience did not disappoint. The vibe at the restaurant was fun; the menu imaginative, making it difficult to choose; and the waitstaff equally fun and attentive. The convenience of a self-assembled tasting menu and the ability to choose the number of courses in one's tasting menu made Crudo an excellent option for me, because I can never pack enough tastes into a single dining experience. Out of all the delightful selections in my first tasting menu, I particularly enjoyed the yellowtail sashimi with truffle oil, black garlic and julienned Granny Smith. Yum. Next time, I will need to have that for appetizer, entree and dessert...!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative CrudoFoodlvrDined on 3/28/2014I have to admit, but Crudo is just about my favorite restaurant. A very large part of that is the outstanding service that we always get. We have been there quite often that we know Maureen, who is part owner and manages the 'front of the house'. She is always welcoming and remembers our likes and dislikes. This time we had a new (to us) server, who just added another step of perfection to the meal. She was well versed in sake, which we had ordered and was a perfect match of our dining experience. Crudo always has great food, and now has started with some very interesting 'Chef Specials'. This week it was scallop sashimi - with, of course, a lovely marinade and flavor. Best scallop sashimi I have had in the U.S. ever!!!Special Features:
- A true foodie restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/28/2014The menu is less accessible. The service was outstanding, the raw fish very nice. The happy hour is a better bargain.Special Features:
- Great FoodJoshDined on 3/26/2014Rarely a writer of reviews, I must say that the risotto was one of the best dishes I have eaten in a long time. I ordered it for myself and my date kept stealing it away even as her gnocchi sat in front of her. Thank you for a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Phoenix;s bestNinaDined on 3/26/2014This gem is one of the best restaurants in Phoenix, with inspired, imaginative dishes. Our only (minor) complaint is that we wish there were more items on the menu, because we've now enjoyed every one of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Drinks & Great DinnerScottDined on 3/26/2014We'd gone to Crudo once before, but did not notice the bar area. After seeing it on our way out we decided we had to go back. Besides, the food was delicious, so even without the bar we wanted to return. Lucky for me, my wife specifically said that's where she wanted to go for her birthday. This time we got there early to have a couple drinks before dinner. It was happy hour! Generally I find happy hour drink selections that are somewhat limited, but Crudo has a wide selection of fantastic mixed drinks on the HH list. After, we had a great meal that topped off a wonderful day for my wife's birthday. We are already planning a return with some friends to hit up the happy hour again.Special Features:
- Superb in every wayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/25/2014It is rare when one can find just the right combination of all the facets that make up fine dining. Crudo on this particular night came through in Devine glory. Perfection in every way for our party of six. We went very much out of our way as our hotel was downtown, and it wasn't the easiest to find. But are we ever glad we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/23/2014This was a fantastic dining experience. Everything that we ate, from appetizers to side dishes to the main courses was superb. The location of it is a little funny (the back of a strip mall), but the interior has a great ambiance. We had the pork belly and the gnocchi, both of which were great. The prices were very reasonable too. I will definitely be coming back whenever I am in the Phoenix area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, cool atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/16/2014I had a great meal here. The yellowtail is outstanding in every way -- don't miss it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchkalebDined on 3/16/201411am for Sunday Brunch - place deserted - only two other tables had diners while other restaurants are mobbed. No matter what you call French Toast and how you make it, $12.00 is over the top. "Jars" of compote are creative. One and done.
- Great Service and Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014We arrived a few minutes later than our reservation but the staff had no issue with seating us immediately. The server did a fantastic job at explaining all of the options and did not disappoint with his recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findHiexpectationsDined on 3/9/2014Bring social director for Sunday brunch...I was happy to find this cute little restaurant. The staff was pleasant and accommodating. The brunch menu was somewhat limited...but very good. My friend had the risotto and thought it was wonderful...I had BLT ANC it was really a quality sandwich. They offer bread with small jars of "stuff" and we had goat cheese with pears...yumm yumm. Would highly recommend this neighborhood eateryI would recommend this to a friend.
- Over ExcellentGeneDined on 3/8/2014Everything was perfect. The way the menu works is unique and terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.