121 Congressional Lane
Rockville, MD 20852Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mykonosgrill.com/
- Phone: 3017705999x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday Closed, Tuesday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00am - 9:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Mykonos Grill
Mykonos Grill welcomes you and invites you to experience the Aegean, the tranquility of our island, our beautiful colors and our rich heritage. We bring it all together, put it on a plate and serve it to our guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Mykonos Grill - Best Restaurants in Rockville ›
Mykonos Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (109)fit for foodies (71)special occasion (56)good for groups (45)great for outdoor dining (35)romantic (34)great for lunch (26)notable wine list (13)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Fine DiningBigAlDined on 5/17/2014Mykonos has refreshed their decor but the quality of the food and service has remained at a very high level.Special Features:
- Best octopus everAuntieVIPDined on 5/16/2014Hubby and I made last minute reservations to try some place new. The place was bustling. Some prom goers dining in the separate dining room. Love that they offer small plates as well as full meals. Delicious warm bread and olive oil served at each table. Started with the grilled octopus. The best we have ever had - perfectly grilled, tender, excellent hummus as a side. Seafood salad special was delicious and included perfectly cooked calamari, shrimp and octopus. Kreatomezes was perfectly sized (but the lamb chop was a little overcooked). We will definitely make return visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but bad tableLindaVIPDined on 5/15/2014The food was as good as always but this time we were put by ourselves in a back room. It was quiet but we were out of sight, out of mind. Usually the waiters are quick and on the ball. This time one Came by when he remembered us. We'll know next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodHappyDinerDined on 5/13/2014Mykonos has never let us down. The food is always good. The staff is helpful and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmenttheshrewDined on 5/13/2014I have been to Mykonos many times over the years. The food has always been good to outstanding. Unfortunately, although USUALLY the service is excellent, on Tuesday as on one other occasion, the service was bad. I asked to have my salad boxed to take home. The busboy evidently didn't understand me, because I never got my leftovers. After our entrees were eaten, the table was cleared. We were not asked whether we wanted coffee or dessert. We sat at a cleared table for some time and had to ask for the check. Because I was treating my friend to a birthday dinner, the bad service was particularly felt.Special Features:
- A Totally Satisfying ExperienceMoreThanFoodVIPDined on 5/13/2014My wife and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary over lunch at Mykonos. We had an absolutely delightful experience. The setting is attractive and evocative of Greece. The waiter was pleasant, attentive, and helpful with food and wine recommendations. The food was simple, fresh, and clean the plate flavorful. The price was extraordinarily reasonable especially with wine included. We plan to return soon and highly recommend Mykonos to friends and strangers alike.Special Features:
- DisappointedDisppointingDined on 5/10/2014Mykonos Grill has been one of our favorite restaurants for many years, but their Mothers' Day Special was over-priced, mediocre, and disappointing.
- Don't Go On A Saturday NightmadweberDined on 5/10/2014The service was painfully slow, every part. And then they double billed my credit card. They supposedly canceled the second billing, but it's still on my credit card account. But the bread was great. We ate a second basket while waiting for our entrees to arrive. The food was good once we got it. They kept our water glasses full. We have been there on Sunday, much better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchKathiDined on 5/8/2014The chicken kabob was delicious - the rice and green beans were so greasy i could not eat them.
- Two Times at MykonosRichDined on 5/6/2014My two dinner experiences were both the same, excellent and perfect. It is easy to schedule a reservation on their website. The waiters are very experienced, knowledgeable, and make great suggestions. It is a true Greek restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent As AlwaysGrandmaRozDined on 5/3/2014We had a reservation for 5 people on a busy Saturday night, and only 4 of us were able to make it. The restaurant did not have a problem with that, and quickly rearranged so that they could find a table for 4. We are not big eaters, or alcohol drinkers, so ordered only entrees and then tea, yet the waiter treated us very well, and even brought us some cookies to go with our tea at the end of the meal. My entree was the chicken breast, well seasoned and with potatoes and green beans. Mykonos has the best green beans in town! Another diner had the scallops, and several had the vegetarian plate. Everyone loved the food. We have eaten here many times, and have always found the food delicious, and the service great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you can't get to the Greek ilesHUBGRYinDCVIPDined on 5/2/2014This is probably the next best thing in the DC metro area. Good menu, great service. The Mykonos decor may seem tacky unless you've been there - then you know it's a pretty accurate representation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfaction !!!BobsanDined on 4/23/2014All 6 persons in my party were extremely satisfied. It all began with great service and carried thru the dessert. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was all good!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/22/2014Very authentic Greek food. Enjoy! We went because our Easter celebration was not Greek enough, so we followed it with a trip to Mykonos. It fit the bill. Excellent moussaka.Special Features:
- 25 AnniversarymarriedDined on 4/20/2014mykonos made our wedding aniversary very special,it is a great place to come togrther with friends or just beeing romanticSpecial Features:
- Pretty good . . .1977RockvilleDined on 4/20/2014Good food, good service--have been going to this restaurant for many years. Prices are a bit steep, but the quality of food is usually very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Went to Mykonos Grill for Easter Dinner. As always, the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT FOODwinesapVIPDined on 4/13/2014our food was excellent. we took 4 workers for lunch on a sunday. 2 were celebrating graduations and i noted that on the reservation. i called ahead to confirm the reservation. our food was excellent, reallly good quality and beautifully presented. the service was only so-so - our waiter seemed to ignore us for a long time and then i felt that he was just businesslike and a little arrogant when he did help us. Noone congratulated the graduates at all. I think they were preparing for a larger dinner party and we were not that important.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatGizmoDined on 4/12/2014Mykonos Grill never fails to be great. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT NEIGHBORHOOD RESTAURAUNTFINEDINERDined on 4/11/2014GREAT FOOD ALWAYS THE WAITERS ARE CONSISTENT IN THE WAY THEY TREAT YOU. THEY ARE NEVER NICESpecial Features:
- Superb Greek RestaurantGreekphotographerDined on 4/9/2014I took my wife to Mykonos Grill for her birthday and we had a wonderful evening there. The food was fantastic and our server, Jason, was fabulous. We'll be back again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service wereSeymourDined on 4/5/2014The food and service were both excellent. A neighborhood gem, the owners are always attentive to your needs and desires.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opa!IrmaDined on 4/5/2014We love this Greek restaurant. The food is always tasty and beautifully served. A lovely place to celebrate a quiet birthday or other occasion.Special Features:
- As always, the food was excellent,cooker1VIPDined on 4/5/2014As always, the food was excellent, although one of our group found the moussaka, quite cool.Ruth AaronSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- you're treated like family!LisaDined on 4/4/2014You are always treated like Family here. The service is super professional yet casual. The food? Basically, you could close your eyes, point to a couple things on the menu randomly and never feel sorry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service...Great FoodRandyVIPDined on 4/4/2014We enjoyed Mykonos as much this time as the first time. The restaurant has a very european flavor (it is Greek, after all!) but serves and treats its clients as one would expect if one was european on 'the continent.' A total, enjoyable immersion. Food was great and the Greek wines are very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful.OmnivoreDined on 4/4/2014Exceptionally pleasant. One could almost forget one was near the Rockville Pike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Greek menu with lovelylocalVIPDined on 3/27/2014Fine Greek menu with lovely setting and excellent service, warm hosts.Special Features:
- Almost PerfectBrianDVIPDined on 3/26/2014My wife and I celebrated a birthday at Mykonos last week and it was a very good experience. The food was outstanding. We shared the Saganaki appetizer, which was delicious, as well as a grilled shrimp with feta appetizer, which was good. I had the lamb chops, which were cooked exactly as requested. My wife enjoyed the haddock special. The portion was so large she could not finish it. Overall, it was a very good experience. The only criticism is that the entrees were brought to us before the second appetizer was finished. otherwise, this would have been a five star night.Special Features:
- Good food, okay serviceeoslickDined on 3/26/2014As always the food is great, the service is just okay. Authentic Greek food always reminds us of our honeymoon in Greece.Special Features:
- been many times...but thistravel4foodDined on 3/23/2014been many times...but this visit the food was a notch above and i told our waiter that. lamb shank especially was memorable and better.Special Features:
- Awesome Greek foodLilblueyesVIPDined on 3/22/2014Not much else to say! Food is fantastic. Ambiance is fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll Be BackToddGVIPDined on 3/21/2014We've driven past Mykonos Grill for almost more than a decade. Thanks to Open Table reviews we finally decided to try it. Service was outstanding from the moment you're greeted at the door and the food couldn't be higher quality. We'll be regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodLilblueyesVIPDined on 3/13/2014I've been wanting to try Mykonos Grill for years ... and I'm so glad I did! My brother and I ate lunch there yesterday, and the food was superb, even down to the pre-meal bread and olive oil. I ordered the combination platter ... the dolmades (stuffed grape leaves) with lemon sauce were especially tasty. My brother ordered the grilled chicken, and he indicated that the chicken was juicy and tasty. Excellent wait staff. Adorable decor. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Best fish aroundfoodieDined on 3/12/2014Fabulous grilled fish. Crisp salads, charming ambiance, professional friendly service. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEVER A BAD MEALDarganVIPDined on 3/8/2014I travel a long distance to eat at Mykonos often. The service is terrific (for all ages...) and the food classic but also up to date. The octopus is very tender and well prepared, the avgolemono soup to die for and tarama extremely good (if you love cod roe). Since the kitchen was upgraded a few years ago, it's been consistently good. If you have not been in a while, try again.
- Great food and service!RockvilleisgreatVIPDined on 3/7/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Mykonos Grill! The grilled octopus was wonderful, just like we've had in Greece, and the favs bean purée was delicious. I also really enjoyed the hot vegetarian platter-great grape leaves and spanakopita and imam bayildi which you don't see very often and was perfect-we'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek night!Jfiller45VIPDined on 3/2/2014We brought an out of town guest with us, who is raving about our dinner. Great staff, apitizers to desert are prepared perfectly. We will return for another great meal.Special Features:
- Great food as alwaysGR8experienceDined on 2/28/2014The food at this restaurant never disappoints - great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a nice little placeLindaVIPDined on 2/27/2014Mykonos has first-rate food and very good service. It does get a bit noisy with tables full of nearby office people who seem to have no volume control. But the restaurant has no control over that, unfortunately. Many people are simply loudmouths with no class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.