121 Towne Street
Stamford, CT 06902Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.harlansocial.com/
- Phone: 2038838000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Stephen Lewandowski
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Harlan Social can cater to any type of event. Our private party menus can be found on Harlan Social"s website under the Private Party tab.
- Entertainment: Harlan Social will host a variety of events such as beer dinners, cooking classes, pig roasts, and wine dinners.
A word from Harlan Social
Critically acclaimed New York City chef Stephen Lewandowski opens his innovative new restaurant, Harlan Social. Based on the gastropub concept, Harlan Social will combine the convivial atmosphere of a traditional neighborhood pub with a menu of fresh, creative contemporary fare. Chef Lewandowski"s cuisine will celebrate the regional food of America's Northeast with flavors from his travels around the world. Harlan Social is a place where guests can enjoy a refined culinary experience in a relaxed neighborhood meeting place.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGastro Pub
Harlan Social - Best Restaurants in Stamford ›
Harlan Social reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)good for groups (30)fit for foodies (28)vibrant bar scene (19)hot spot (15)great for lunch (14)great for brunch (13)great for outdoor dining (12)notable wine list (11)special occasion (11)romantic (8)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- Stunning decor with equablyKateDined on 11/20/2013Stunning decor with equably impressive wait staff. Loved the open kitchen and general feel of the place. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harlan SocialTomSDined on 11/16/2013Harlan Social consistently delivers....great food in a lively setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereCtdinerVIPDined on 11/16/2013The menu is unique in that it offers a variety of styles. Small plates and appetizers offer a way to sample multiple menu items. I tried tuna tartare, veal cheek sliders and braised octopus salad The octopus was the best I have eaten. Wonderfully tender with other fresh ingredients. The tuna tartare was good as well. The veal cheeks were delicious. If I had one criticism it would be the sauce was bland. I think it would benefit from a more spicy or savory pairing. My entree was a grilled halibut that was cooked to perfection. We closed with a cheese sampling served with warm raisin toast and a spectacular honey. Excellent cocktail menu. Reasonably priced. Great food great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed. Food over salted.ChoicesDined on 11/13/2013Disappointed. Food over salted. Service mediocore.Special Features:
- First time here. It was quietEatmorehalvahVIPDined on 11/10/2013First time here. It was quiet but it was a Sunday night. Mussels were tasty. Bibb Salad was too small. I liked the Korean Fried Chicken.Special Features:
- Somewhat disappointedellebelleDined on 11/9/2013We were looking forward to our dinner at Harlan Social Club. It came recommended by a friend who rarely steers us wrong. I ordered a Mojito which was terrible--bitter, fizzy, and not enough mint, I had to send it back. My main course, a scallop entree, arrived and the scallops were cold and very undercooked. It took a long time for my re-heated meal to be brought back to the table. Also, my friend ordered the chicken sandwich that came with a really unappetizing and uninspired gravy on it . I think the staff may have been overwhelmed, it was very busy that night, too busy, I guess. We were pretty disappointed and surprised that this well reviewed restaurant didn't get it right.Special Features:
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/8/2013I have been to Harlan Social on multiple occasions. The food is consistently excellent. The menu is eclectic and no matter what one orders, the feedback is always great. The burger has to be one of the best in CT. Their version of a Manhattan is the best on the planet. The seating is also comfortable and spacious.Special Features:
- Fun and FabulousRBaxterDined on 11/1/2013My wife and I, two energetic foodies in our mid 40's, moved out of New York after 18 years. We've been experimenting with Fairfield's culinary choices, and have been generally impressed, but we were THRILLED with Harlan Social. First, we're still fairly young and looking for a "lively" place. Harlan has a good bar scene with big TV's. You'd almost expect burgers and wings, but what we received shocked us. The food was OUTSTANDING and as good as any NYC restaurant. The Halibut blended multiple flavors like a delicious symphony. The Crab Cakes were original and the best I've ever had. The service was far more attentive and knowledgeable then you'd expect at place that broadcasts UFC bouts.Special Features:
- Hits the Right NotestatecgDined on 11/1/2013This place is not cheap, but it feels like you get what you pay for. Food is of a high quality, service was excellent (restaurant was not 100% full), and the "vibe" of the place felt really good. It's a little loud for having in-depth conversation, but my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly ExcellentbillesqVIPDined on 10/26/2013We had a wonderful dining experience. The food and service was excellent and would highly recommend the restaurant to family and friends. Will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodHrantVIPDined on 10/24/2013First time there and I was pleasantly surprised. Service level was high and attentive, waiter was gracious The quality of the food was good, the warm ricotta and street corn worth trying. The octopus salad was so so, I would have liked the octopus to be warmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet for a Sunday NightRic64Dined on 10/13/2013Title says it all. The menu is eclectic and could be viewed as schizophrenic at best. From small plates to cheese plates with a wide range of choices in between. I was particularly surprised that it was as quiet as it was for 8 pm on a Sunday night in a neighborhood that is "up and coming" with condos and rentals. Not someplace I would go again.
- Too badLuvagoodmealDined on 10/11/2013Food and service were fine, but it was way overpriced. Won't go backSpecial Features:
- Good for the neighborhoodnetherlanderDined on 10/10/2013The burgers were very good, the fried chicken sandwich as well. Prices are a little high for lunch, however, if you shop at Fairway this is a fun place to meet. Quite noisy though for lunch!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun eveningAandBdiningVIPDined on 10/5/2013There were six of us and were seated at a spacious round table in the back, which was perfect. I had the tuna tartar and the shrimp with grits. Both were outstanding! Everyone really enjoyed their dinner and service was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner and Great Service!PhilipDined on 10/4/2013We were a group of five and ordered appetizers and dinner. Everything was excellent including the service. The hostess, the management (Steve) and the waitstaff (Kat) were all attentive and professional. It was a GREAT evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be better!IngaVIPDined on 9/22/2013Portions changed to smaller not the prices, and bacon is in almost every entree.Special Features:
- going back for moredavidawDined on 9/20/2013Excellent service. Cool decor. Fried chicken andburger were very good. Octopus was tender without being chewy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Versatile, accommodating, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/14/2013In need of a quick dinner on the way to a function, we took the advice of a friend and went to Harlan Social. The food is excellent; burgers not to be beat, great beer selection, the group of mozzarella choices delicious. We were particularly struck by the service, which was competent and sweet. The clientele was delightfully varied; families both young and adult, couples, girlfriends having dinner together. All of this indicated a very comfortable and welcoming environment. We absolutely recommend Harlan Social, and look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a neighborhood fav.........gypsyDined on 9/13/2013Great vibes, good food, crowd....friendly severs and bartenders.Special Features:
- Not enough foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2013This is the second time we have been to Harlan Social, and both times after spending over $100 for two people on appetizers and main courses we walked out still feeling hungry and needed more food. The scallop main course I ordered had 4 mid-sized scallops and not much to go with it besides some bacon chunks and small veges. I would not go back again--definitely not a value play and the food quality was good but not great.
- Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2013Started with the baby beet salad and was exceptional - the whipped goat cheese was great. Entree was the Salmon and it was cooked perfectly, as were the accompanying grains/veggies. Excellent experience - all diners agreed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we've eaten there many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/10/2013we've eaten there many times and always enjoy our meal. we've brought friends and they also are pleased. very varied menu and everything is delicious. waitstaff i always very friendlySpecial Features:
- Just average...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2013Food was fine, service so-so; the check came before I asked, the glasses cleared before I'd finished, if they'd been busy I would have been more tolerant of the 'subtle' nudges, but they weren't… I had the Halibut, which was cooked to perfection, but there was at most 1 fingerling potato sliced to accompany the fish. My friend had the Salmon which she described as a little bland.
- 5 starschinesDined on 8/4/2013awesome! fantastic food and service! fun atmosphere! we would come back anytime for any occasion.Special Features:
- Great place!KendraDined on 7/26/2013Dinning experience was great! Food and decor was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good, service poor.WeejobsVIPDined on 7/25/2013Title says it all. After entertaining there twice this week, I will not be back. It all comes from the top.Special Features:
- Great find in Harbor Point!Andy57Dined on 7/25/2013Went to lunch at Harlan Social with North Stamford resident who didn't know the place existed. He was not only happy with his food, but the service was on par with NYC restaurants.
- Service was Uneven & DisappointingTripleLeoDined on 7/23/2013The place has an attractive industrial interior and modern vibe. It had a mixed age crowd and was busy for a Tuesday night - 80% full. The food was good, but the service experience was off at every stage. We were a party of 4 and seated cheerfully, but no one came to our table to serve. After several minutes we flagged down someone (who turned out to be the manager) and asked for water. He took our drink order and served them promptly. Then a waiter appeared. The food order was correct, but the dishes appeared slowly. No bread with drinks. We had to ask for the table candle to be lit well into dinner. The bill arrived and was processed - but it turned out to be for the wrong table and it needed to be redone.We probably won't return.Special Features:
- Too warm to enjoy dinner!KamaxDined on 7/19/2013My husband and I went out for a romantic dinner to Harlan Social. I was very disappointed that the air conditioner was not working very well. It was very warm in the restaurant. We enjoyed the food but had to leave before dessert time since we were so uncomfortable. I know it has been a hot summer but they really need to get the air conditioner working properly. I don't think I will be going back to this restaurant anytime soon.Special Features:
- Harlan SocialTracyDined on 7/13/2013Great atmosphere, hip but not trying to be too cool. Bartender was great and poured an excellent margarita. Food was outstanding.Special Features:
- The best burger!DanHVIPDined on 7/5/2013Gat beer selectin served in mason jars. Innovative menu with nice selection of cheeses and charcuterie...and th best cheeseburger with onion bacon relish I've ever had. Comes served on a wooden plank with a cup of fries. Fantastic!Special Features:
- Exceptional foodGavjoeDined on 6/24/2013Food was absolutely top notch. Service was excellent. Not cheap but worth it becasue it was so good. We got sat in the bar area maybe becuase we had three but the music and overall noise level was too loud. I would definitely go back.. For Stamford, it was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bit below par this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/19/2013We've been to Harlan more than half a dozen times so clearly like the place. Food, wine, ambience, service are usually fine but on this occasion things weren't as smooth as normal. We had booked and were shown to our table promptly but were then ignored for at least 20 minutes until one of our party complained. Once we were served the meal went well and they did make amends on the final check which was a nice gesture. We'd still recommend and go back but hope that the service on this night was just a one-off blip. A more adventurous choice of wines by the glass would be good too. But they mix some great cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicejessicaleigh312Dined on 6/13/2013This was the first time I was at Harlan Social and it was worth it. The staff was friendly and the food was flavorful. My favorite part was the ambiance - it was a large space that felt cozy with the rustic decor. I can't wait to try it out during happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinners for all.Pedalers3Dined on 6/12/2013Fantastic dinners for all. Our guest were very impressed. Even the vegetarian amongst us was served a delicious meal. Service could not have been better. A place to be returned to over and over highly recommended .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual chic hot spotTCK1Dined on 6/10/2013Harlan Social is a rustic chic spot to meet some friends and have some great food. The shrimp tempura appetizer and tuna tartar are a great place to start, both very good. The scallop entree rivals my other favorite at Mediterraneo. It's a noisy bar scene if you want that, but separate dining area where the noise is subdued and controlled and you can have a romantic dinner or meet some friends out to chat and have great cocktails and wine.Special Features:
- a must hitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/8/2013Great place! The food was excellent and tastefully creative! Service was top-notch. We will be back! The burger, Mexican corn and cheesecake were outstanding!Special Features:
- Some of the food was reallyFVdWDined on 6/6/2013Some of the food was really good, some of it very average. Overall very good though.Special Features:
- Nice but no cigar.eat23Dined on 6/4/2013Had heard great things that turned out to be not great but good and in some cases very good. Great modern, industrial space warmed up with wood and wicker; lovely staff and service, food?...fine. or not bad. and in some cased very good. The salads overall the best of the lot; excellent artisanal cheeses, smokey, cheesy burger with light crisp fries. Overall prices are high for what amount to tapas size portions .... however we did not order from the entrees only hope that for what is being charged they are generous. Would go again if in neighbourhood and recommend if you are in the neighbourhood only.Special Features: