782 Center St.
Ludlow, MA 01056Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.europaludlow.com/
- Phone: 4135476443x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Steakhouse, Portuguese
- Executive Chef: Mike Rodrigues
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Let us make your next event memorable. With over 30 years experience.
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment every Fri and Sat
A word from Europa
Welcome to Europa"s Black Rock Grill. The ultimate interactive dining experience, we present your meal cooking on our volcanic rocks at your table. You can then enjoy a meal freshly prepared and cooked to your personal taste. We also offer full service catering and banquet space. Eat......drink....relax....celebrate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Europa - Best Restaurants in Ludlow ›
Europa reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (7)fit for foodies (6)romantic (4)special occasion (4)great for outdoor dining (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Nice but needs help!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013The decor had a feel of the 70's with dark paneling on the walls. Appearance needs some sprucing up! Waitress had no idea what gluten was as I inquired about gluten free dishes... 2 appetizers I ordered were definitely gluten. However my salmon was nice and everyone seemed to enjoyed their meals.
- Good food and reasonably priced.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2013Good food and reasonably priced. Used a Groupon for added value. Business was good on night we were there. Wait staff were hopping.Special Features:
- The food is always very good,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2013The food is always very good, but we went on a Sunday night -- and as they are closed on Mondays, we found they were out of a few items. Three of us had the tenderloin -- romancing the stone -- and the sweet potato cheese casserole. Both were very good. Desserts were yummy.Special Features:
- I had been to Europa whenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013I had been to Europa when they were located in South Hadley and being Portuguese, I was looking forward to a good Portuguese meal. Not only was I disappointed but I was mad! I ordered broccoli rabe as an appetizer and it was so tough that my jaw became sore trying to chew it. They also had the fans going because of the hot stone meals but it made my meal cold. I ordered the fried cod and they must have forgot to soak it because it was so salty that I could barely eat it and again our meals got very cold very quick because of the fans. I don’t complain at restaurants, I just don’t return but I really wish I had said something to the waiter about this meal. It was truly that bad. To add insult to injury I ordered a glass of white wine,which w
- Give it a Try....OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/27/2013This visit was our first, with a Groupon. Decor was dated, very 80's. The piped in music was awful/OLD. The menu was also quite large and without a discernable theme, on a busy night the kitchen could get bogged down. However, the food we got was surprisingly good for the most part- creative goat cheese and risotto ball appetizers, very tasty. Crazy Alfredo was a generous portion, worth price even for pasta, lots of chicken, etc. Salt cod did have lots and lots of bones, though, which really turned my husband off fish. In the end we agreed we would go back with another Groupon or with a group of friends. Comedy night looks fun!Special Features:
- Dining room was full. We hadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013Dining room was full. We had to wait about 2o minutes even though we had reservations. It was well worth the wait though.Special Features:
- This was our 6th time at Eurpoa.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013This was our 6th time at Eurpoa. The food and service has been excellent each and every time and we will continue to go here. However, this restaurant needs some serious TLC with the decor. First impressions could easily put people off and they'd miss out on delicious food and great service!Special Features:
- My husband had salmon andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2012My husband had salmon and I had the pasta special. The salmon was cooked just right, the spinach was delicious but the little rice thing on the bottom was a fried mess .....fried in old used grease you could taste. My pasta would have been delicious if it didn't have the funky red sliced peppers that gave it such a weird taste and over powered the dish so much that we took 2 bites each and couldn't eat it. Such a waste since the portion was so pleasing to the eye. We ended with their special Portugese dessert which was refrigerator burn. It happens to be one of my husbands favorite desserts and even he did not eat it. Our server was very polite and very attentive without being in my face which is a plus since I dine out a lot.
- I bought the groupon to giveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012I bought the groupon to give it another try. It was ok. Three if the four people at our table had the steak entree. The two steaks that we're cooked on the stone were great, the third had a big piece of grissel in the center that should be removed before serving. The sauces for the steaks were vinegar flavored. I had ordered chimichurri sauce snd it was a red oily mess. The fourth entree was the paella. It had no saffron, and some of the shrimp still had the shells and feet on them!!! I feel if you are going to cook classic dishes they should be done correctly or not at all. This dish was bland and not cooked well. The appetizers were fine. I would definatley not run back for another dinner.
- Our food and the service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2012Our food and the service was great. We were not rushed and the timing of of our different dishes was terrific. Our dinner for two allowed us to enjoy the portion of food that was perfect for us and a little to take home.Special Features:
- The food was great but theOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/23/2012The food was great but the service was lacking. They automatically tacked 15% on to the bill, so probably figured they didn't really need to work for their gratuity. Took about 20 minutes to get drinks after being seated and the courses came out very slowly from the kitchen. The waitress was friendly, we just didn't see her frequently enough.
- The food is creative, deliciousthePolchlopeksDined on 10/13/2012The food is creative, delicious and amazing; but the restaurant itself could do with a face lift. I assume there is a late night club downstairs because the nice music from the dining room was competing this Saturday night with the boom-boom-boom from below. That kind of killed the mood but the service and food managed to win us over for a return visit but maybe on a Monday-Thursday night.Special Features:
- First time at Europa and weOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012First time at Europa and we will definitely return. Hot rock cooking was a good experience. My scallops and prawns were done perfectly and the rock was used by my husband to heat up bites of his brisket as he ate. All the wait staff was friendly and helpful although there were a couple of long waits. We weren't in a hurry so not a problem for us but anyone on a tight schedule may have been disappointed. Varied menu with alot of Portuguese dishes to try. Desserts are truely homemade according to our waiter. Cheesecake and flan were very good.Special Features:
- The food was good, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012The food was good, service was very good.We had drinks at the bar after dinner, the bartenders were very nice, drinks were good. Only down side it turns into an 80's style dico after 10 pm, bad music.Special Features:
- was just ok. Found the foodLucyDined on 8/11/2012was just ok. Found the food to be tasteless. Probably will not returnSpecial Features:
- Europa Hot Spot In Ludlow MAOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012The food was great as usual food came out quick you dont feel rushed and the drinks are great!!! Gotta say one of the best Sangria's i ever had!!! After dinner we headed over to the bar where they had DJ Baby Gap we sat there had drinks danced and had a blast!!! Highly Recommended!!! Dont forget Tapas Tuesdays!!! Give it a try!!!Special Features:
- The paella was delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/3/2012The paella was delicious. We also ordered the new York strip steak on the stone. Although it was a fascinating way to get your meal, I probably would not order it again. I would be interested in ordering some of the other portugese dishes however. The ambiance needs some work, our service was remarkable! They haven't been open long so hopefully will work on the decor.Special Features:
- First time here and food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012First time here and food was cold when received, service was bad and multiple orders were messed up. Instead of giving us a little discount on our bill they gave us some gross deserts for free to take home and we never ate.
- What a shame! A restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/17/2012What a shame! A restaurant with Portuguese owners that serves Kale soup that tastes like dish water! Grilled seafood was dried out. Paella was mostly rice. They tried and failed in South Hadley location and now they are on the same path! We had been there previously on Mothers Day for a buffet which was fantastic! What happened??
- Food was fresh. My husbandOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2012Food was fresh. My husband had the pork on a stone, so he "cooked it himself" at the table. It was very good. I had the paella. LOTS of rice, clams, scallops, shrimp, prawns. It was good, the seafood maybe a tad overdone. Side salad was very nice--fresh and a good assortment of veggies.Special Features:
- Slow service. Very different menu.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/2/2012Service was very slow. We waited about 1 1/2 hours after being seated for apetizers and had to finally ask another wait person before they were delivered. The waiter apologized every time he visited our table, but spent much of his time filling our water glasses. The excuse given was that there was a 20 person party in the other dining room, but apparently he paid more attention to that party than his other tables.Special Features: