Ruth's Chris Steak House - Baltimore
600 Water Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ruthschris-waterst.com/
- Phone: 4107830033x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining Manager - Lynette Haynie 410.783.0033
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Baltimore
Expect nothing less than an extraordinary meal and first-class service from one of the most outstanding prime steak houses in the world: Ruth's Chris Steak House. Among the most distinctive dining destinations in the area. At Ruth's Chris Steak House your service will always be first class-attentive but never fussy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Baltimore - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (75)romantic (54)notable wine list (33)fit for foodies (24)good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (8)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- FIRST TIMER!DOUBLEDESERTDined on 2/21/2014the food was amazing, the atmosphere was impressive, our waiter was most knowledgeable, and very personable. one of the best experiences i have had had in a long time. He made us feel very comfortable. The establishment was very clean, and extremely friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/21/2014This is an accomplished restaurant. Very capable staff, quality food and a pleasant ambience made for an enjoyable dinnerSpecial Features:
- I sent the steak backwawuDined on 2/21/2014My rib eye steak has too much fat. this was discussed with server that I don't like fatty steaks. they took it back and sent me a strip steak that was very good. it took entirely too long for second steak. the manager was very nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was PerfectEricDined on 2/21/2014Everything was perfect from the food to the service.Special Features:
- Disappoint Bday dinnerdddkirkVIPDined on 2/20/2014My husband and I each ordered salads, only one was delivered. We flagged down a nearby waiter after waiting over 5 minutes to request the second salad and then we waited a total of 15 mins for it to be delivered. Our waiter did not appear to check on us during this time, we had to flag other staff. My husband and I also decided to split the 16oz T bone veal chop. At other RC restaurants, the waiter would offer to divide the entre to two at table side for us. Instead the entre was delivered rare, not med-well as requested, one plate and no waiter until 10 minutes after delivery. We decided to eat the meal as is since returning it would disrupt our guests meals with another delay. We were very disappointed
- Signature drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/20/2014This was my first time at this up-scale restaurant. I did not know what to expect. My party of four was greeted with a friendly staff from beginning to end, starting with the vale parking to our waiter. Matt was very knowledgeable about the history, menu and the wine list. It made our ordering very easy. He checked on us to make sure that we were comfortable and that the meal was good. The Pork chops was excellent, also the salmon and cream spinach. The Dirty CEO was one of the best martini's I every had. Now I am making that my signature drink. I will return to have my Dirty CEO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melt in your mouthKDelishDined on 2/20/2014The steak and broiled tomato simply melt in your mouth. AMAZING! We had excellent service, even the manager stopped at our table to see how the meal was going for us. It's pricier than I typically can afford for dinner, but it's a steal and a must-go for restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeBdubDined on 2/19/2014My first time at this restaurant. The food is incredible. The restaurant week deals really make it worth; I wouldn't be able to afford eating here otherwise.Special Features:
- A wonderful dining experienceGreatDined on 2/19/2014Our party of 4 recently dined here to celebrate a birthday. There was bit of a wait but that was expected due to it being restaurant week. However, we were immediately acknowledged and the wait was explained satisfactorily. Once we were seated, the menu was explained to us and our drink orders were taken. The food was excellent, one of if not the best steak I've ever eaten. This place is wonderful and we will definitely visit Ruth Chris again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations MetRickeyDined on 2/19/2014My most recent experience at Ruth's Chris was just as fantastic as every experience I have. The service and ambiance are as fantastic as the quality of the food. The manager made a personal visit to our table, and was very sincere in his demeanor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruth ExperienxeKuraDined on 2/18/2014Have been to the other Ruth Chris around the city and this one was by far the most elegant. Food wait was a little long considering the restaurant wasn't that packed for a Tuesday night, but service was great and food exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Value... for restaurant weekMikeofBaltimoreDined on 2/17/2014Got the filet, seafood gumbo, and cheesecake All excellent; ordered medium well, but it was more on the medium sideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!firstodineDined on 2/17/2014Although I had a reservation, I still had to wait about 10 to 15 minutes to be seated, but it was worth the wait. The waiters were excellent, the food was excellent. Although the mixed drink was not as strong as I would like, for the price, the overall experience was excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very bad experienceNickDined on 2/16/2014I went to another location before just weeks before, there I was blown away by service, ambiance, class and how spectacular my meal was. I made my reservation for the Water Street location, expecting the same. I did not recieve the same. My waitor was classless, the server's spilled water on our table cloth, on my self and on my family member twice (he did not replace the soaked table cloth nor accomadate us with fresh napkins) The food did not sizzle when it came out and nor was it even hot. A family member of mine ordered a beer, not only did he not pour his beer into a glass for him, he took his glass before he could pour it himself. Crumbs were never swept. It was a mediocre experienceand not worth going back.
- My gumbo was cold and so wereNellyDined on 2/16/2014My gumbo was cold and so were my side of potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okayAnnabelle663Dined on 2/16/2014There was 4 of us that went during restaurant week, as we always do. I got the salmon, which was dry, and had no flavor. I got it 2 years ago, and it was great. My husband got the steak, which was good but rarer than what he asked for it to be. Our friends got the stuffed chicken breast which was excellent. The service was outstanding. Always refilling our glasses, or asking if we needed anything. It was overall a good experience, but we will try a different restaurant next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCarlaDined on 2/16/2014I had heard so many good things abour Ruth Chris, so my husband and I decided to go during Restaurant Week, because we understood its a bit pricey. Well, we both were disappointed. I checked everywhere on line first to see what was included on the special and couldnt find it. The sides were not included which costs us an extra $19.00. Ridiculous. The food was so-so, bread was dry...our waiter kept forgetting to get us things we asked for....this was nothing to rave about and the portions were equivalent to a kids meal. Small, dry chicken breast and small salmon. Im sorry, I just know what all the talk is about. Our meal ended up being over $100. We will not be back.
- FoodExpensivepoorserviceDined on 2/16/2014This was during restaurant week usually we attend the Ruth's Chris in Annapolis. Much better service and food in Annapolis Ordered a lobster tail with the steak. When the the meal arrived it had the lemon on the plate. My steak ended up tasting like lemon. The waitress always reached across or over your food. NEVER said excuse me while preventing us from eating our food. I felt like we bothered her at her job. During Restaurant week in Annapolis one side order was always included. Not here. For a meal that cost over 160 for two people I will not return.
- special occasion dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2014I had forgotten how much more ambiance this Ruth Chris has. Beautiful interior, attentive service and the normal good food one expects here added up to a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointed with the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/16/2014Always a wonderful dining experience at Ruth Chris....have recommended to so many people to go there for the best steaks !! Going back next weekend for my husband's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Disapointed that there's a $19 charge extra for a diner for valentines day I eat at Ruth Chris several times a year from baltimore to Philadelphia Charlotte pikesville Orlando Coral Gables
- Great for special occasionsfoodieDined on 2/15/2014Simple menu with excellent execution. Steak was cooked propeely; friendly and knowledgeable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Insanely overpriced for what it isOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/15/2014We will not eat here again. We ordered calamari & oysters apps, & both came barely warm. Waiter apologized & ordered again. Calamari was piping hot, but oysters were just OK. Both ordered filet mignon, & they were superb. We asked for meat to be cooked medium rare plus, but they were medium rare minus at best. For steaks that cost $63ea from a place that specializes in beef, meat that is not cooked properly is inexcusable. With 2 apps, 6 drinks, 2 filet mignons, 1 coffee and 1 dessert, bill came to $250. If meat/apps had been perfect, no prob. Steak was worth $30, max. For a $250 meal, serving lukewarm apps that had been sitting on warming shelf is outrageous. Our waiter, Bernard, was terrific. He was not a wait staff drone and was fun.Special Features:
- My first visit...ThaHairGoddessDined on 2/15/2014I really was so excited to go to this restaurant but I really was not impressed. My husband loved his steak but I felt like everything else was just mediocre. The food and drinks were overpriced for what we ate but I have to say that the service was second to none. Great wait staff.Special Features:
- ValentineOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/15/2014The food was prepared as ordered. The food was delicious. The server was attentive and pleasantly social.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my best experienceJuaquettaDined on 2/15/2014The creamed spinanch were runny almost soup like and the garlic mashed were not has heavy/thick and garlicky as before. I was a little disappointed. However the surf and turf was fabulous along with the Dirty CEO. It was my Valentine's dinner. :)Special Features:
- Great FoodMkex5x1a3Dined on 2/14/2014Great. But expensive. Is it the best I ever had? Maybe close....but for the price it should have been the best without a question. Id still go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the restaurant!ReneeDined on 2/14/2014Love the restaurant but must say that because of the Valentine's Day crowd the food seemed to have not been served as hot as it is usually served. Usually the steak plate is sizzling. It was not sizzling during this visit when it was brought to my table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although a chain not yourtonyDined on 2/14/2014Although a chain not your typical chain extra ordinary food special.menu good idea for Valentine's DaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014My first experience at Ruth Chris was a memorable one... Mainly because of the food. The steak was prepared perfectly, and the appetizer and sides were amazing. Sweet potato casserole... It is a must have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow what a nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014This was by far the best night I have had in a very long time. The food was off the charts and with the help of Mark out waiter making it a very personable experience along with Joe and Dave from the management staff who made sure we were well taken care off it just felt like home. Thank You for a wonderful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ValentineStanleyVIPDined on 2/14/2014Excellent service. The entire staff made Valentines even more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night outTeresaDined on 2/14/2014We booked reservations early Valentine's Day and Had a very nice romantic evening outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!leharrison15Dined on 2/1/2014Had a wonderful experience celebrating a birthday at Ruth's Chris. The restaurant itself is rather quiet but my group livened it up quiet a bit. Everything was outstanding and we had an amazing time. Would definitely recommend this location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak perfectionChipRDined on 1/25/2014We dined at Ruth's Chris recently and everything was outstanding, from the valet guys and hostess, to the kitchen and the waiters. Everyone seemed happy and wanting to do their part to make our dining experience excellent. The ahi tuna appetizer was very fresh, the lyonnaise potatoes were so good, and the steaks were amazing - thick cuts seasoned and cooked to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great four course meal.3kidsDined on 1/22/2014Had a great four course meal. Our server Dan O. was excellent. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but spotty serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/18/2014We came to celebrate my birthday. Have been several times before. food was very good as expected but service was disappointing. It took forever to order. Our waiter went the table next to give the long historical spiel about the restaurant before coming to get our entree order, even though we had waved at him and he had acknowledged us. Our food took a long time to come out. One of our sides had about half the amount as the other two sides we ordered. When we were able to finally flag our guy down and said something, they brought us a new one that was equal size. The new potatoes were piping hot and melt in your mouth amazing. It then took forever for them to clear our table and We had to ask for the check at least twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerLutherDined on 1/10/2014My faith in Ruth's Chris has been restored. After a horrible experience at the pier 5 location , I was hesitant to spend my hard earned money at Ruth's Chris, but I had a balance on a gift card for the restaurant so I wanted to give the chain one last chance. In short, my experience was great, as they allow you to BYOB of wine for a $25 cork fee. All of our dishes came to our table within minutes, and Joshua our server was excellent. He was very attentive to our needs without being over talkative to our table. All of the food was hot, and again, we had a great dinner at this location. We will return.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerAnniversaryCoupleVIPDined on 1/10/2014We had a late afternoon reservation for the two of us. We were greated and seated quickly. There were only 2 other couples in the restaurant. The adjacent bar however was somewhat crowded and rather noisy. Our previous experiences in this restaurant were a nice quiet dinner, not the case this time. We found ourselves repeating ourselves frequently due to the high ambient noise. We love the restaurant. Don't like the noisy environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks and baseball?JasonDined on 12/31/2013Everything was terrific but it was just a little odd sitting in the baseball hall of fame...not the ambience you expect for New Year's Eve!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.