Crush Kitchen & Winehouse
114 West Street
Annapolis, MD 21401Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Crush Kitchen & Winehouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.crushwinehouse.com/
- Phone: 4102169444x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday: 4pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Michael Morrone
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call Chris Chambers at 301-775-4710 for details.
A word from Crush Kitchen & Winehouse
Located on West Street in historic downtown Annapolis, Crush Kitchen & Winehouse offers an eclectic American menu served in a unique and casual atmosphere. High ceilings, exposed brick and a spiral staircase to nowhere are remnants of the buildings’ 80 years as a fire and rescue station, adding a sense of the unexpected to every meal. Chef Mike Morrone's culinary creations combine unconventional ingredients with traditional comfort foods - alligator sausage served with green chile coleslaw and shepard's pie made with bison and red wine. Finish your meal with a house-made dessert, updated seasonally and ranging from decadent chocolate cake to a summer fruit crisp. Whether you drop in on a Tuesday night or make us part of a special occasion, every visit to Crush Kitchen and Winehouse will be warm and welcoming, but always unique.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Crush Kitchen & Winehouse - Best Restaurants in Annapolis ›
Crush Kitchen & Winehouse reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (27)fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (18)special occasion (15)good for groups (13)romantic (13)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Wine-tastic!AirbaronDined on 9/8/2013Had great dinner with my wife. When we sat down the waiter, Keith, brought us over two complimentary Orange Crush cocktails, which is better than just ice water,which he also brought. We ordered the Bruschetta and Crab Dip for appetizers. They were both excellent. For entrees my wife had the Lamb-Beef Meatloaf, which she enjoyed, and I had the Blakened Ribeye which was also excellent. Keith kept a close watch on our table to anticipate our needs without being intrusive. When I needed more wine I nodded to my glass and it appeared instantly. We used a Living Social coupon. We have lived in Annapolis for 12 years and never came to this place or any of its variuos incarnations. A very good experience and we would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had several delicious appetizersSallyDined on 9/6/2013We had several delicious appetizers that were wonderful but the Curried scallops were outstanding!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Knots!Lafra13Dined on 8/31/2013Great wine, ahi tuna delicious, only complaint... Expensive wines and one annoying Knat!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay But Not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2013I think Crush is slightly over priced. The food was average. The crab dip was nice but the queso was over seasoned a bit. The steak salad was okay at $17 but I have had far better elsewhere. The wines are a typical 200-300% markup without much explanation why they are good at that price. The concept has promise but needs work. We did enjoy the fact that is was a fire station at one time.Special Features:
- Good placeJWLJRVIPDined on 8/19/2013Everything I have had there has been good. Although it is a bit on the pricey side, especially the wine. The wait staff are fun and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2013One of our favorites places to wine and cheese! Excellent food and spirits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice PlacetuffVIPDined on 8/5/2013We enjoyed our meals. The supposed "small plates" - salads with either salmon or steak were plentiful and delicious. The food is very well-prepared and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waitress was fantasticBobbDined on 8/3/2013Our waitress was fantastic she made our whole dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to talk with friends,karenDined on 8/2/2013Good place to talk with friends, check ahead as they do often have private parties . Had the salmon salad and crab dip, very well doneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really niceGeorgeVIPDined on 7/28/2013This was my first visit, and was very nice. The waiter was very knowledgable about the wines we chose, and the wine list was diverse and extensive. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant was advertisedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2013This restaurant was advertised as tapas but it definitely was not. Portions were large and worth the money. The cheese and charcuterie selection were amazing. I would go back and just order starters and one of their big salads next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious wine and appetizers!WineLover120Dined on 7/20/2013This place has wine flights where you can try 3-4 different "tastings" of wine. They give you about half a serving of wine. All the wines we tried were delicious! We did the European flight, amazing!!! We also did the white wine flight, also very good. We also got the mini crab cakes, scallops, and brie. All delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for getting togetherrelaxationenthusiastDined on 7/18/2013Great for getting together with friends to enjoy some wine and some foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed...EatingoutAnnapolisDined on 7/12/2013Service was slow. Unable to get a water refill in spite of asking more than once. Server was nice enough and apologized that they were short handed (on a Friday night?). Wine was ok. Food was uninspiring. We won't be back.
- nice place!!GDawgDined on 7/12/2013This was a nice place, waiter was friendly food was good!Special Features:
- Amazing!jberDined on 7/11/2013Crush Kitchen & Winehouse was awesome! The wine flights were really good - I think the owner/manager stopped by our table to talk about the wines in the flights and he was so knowledgable about the wines. The food was great! We had 4 appetizers: Brie, Crab dip, bruschetta, and a queso dip. The queso dip was ok, not particularly special, but the rest of the appetizers were really yummy. Their crab dip was especially delicious! All in all it was a great restaurant and I would definitely return again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In the midst of a private party ...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/9/2013While the service was good and the food nice as well, my reservation was accepted on a date while the restaurant was holding a private party. Four tables were cordoned off, meanwhile a private party was full on. The noise level was awful and my friend and I had to shout to hear one another. The atmosphere was simply awful and awkward. The restaurant should have contacted patrons we made a reservation and disclosed about the private party. This was my first time there and, sadly, it was a real miss.Special Features:
- Totally enjoyable!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2013The wine flight option was a great way to try wines. The food was delicious. Thought the scallop casserole would be creamy and heavy, so I didn't get it, but my friend did. It wasn't at all, it was SCALLOPS and cheese that was delicious! I Raspberry bread pudding was heavenly! Server was knowledgeable, gracious...and she is the one that made the bread pudding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time at Crush!WhyNotSGWsDined on 7/5/2013Our group of six enjoyed the(complimentary) Crush drinks and wine flights as we shared delicious small plate appetizers and salads. Our server was very accommodating. We loved every bite! It was just the type of meal we were looking for to kick off our evening in Annapolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellent - foodvisitingfrombaltimoreDined on 6/29/2013Service was excellent - food left a lot to be desired. Used a living social deal so it made it worth it; would have found it very difficult to pay $90 for two wine flights, queso which I could have made at home with velveeta, and some half-decent bruschetta (though the mozzerella and prosciutto was a nice touch). Typically not a difficult person to please, but I would not easily come back to this venue.Special Features:
- Overall, A winSullyDined on 6/21/2013We went to town on this date. Wine flights, the crab dip app, steak for my husband and scallops for my self. Everything was good if not great with the exception of the steak. The crab dip was fantastic and we ordered some extra crackers finish off the remains of the bowl. My wine flight was perfect. My husband ordered his steak medium rare, and his first steak arrived well-done. The second steak came rare, which we accepted, but incredibly under seasoned. No where near the 'cajun ribeye' listed on the menu. My scallops baked with cheese and breadcrumbs were amazing though, and overall we had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/2013Very pleasantly surprised. Great food. Even our kids liked it, and they are very picky. Cool music played in the background.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotEatnheimerVIPDined on 6/14/2013We like this wine bar. It's vibrant, but not overrun. Wine selections and menu choices are concise and creative. Not vast or cutting edge, but appropriate for a wine bar. Easy to drop some coin if you get carried away. Nice ambience; I like the interior, and the crowd is not what you might pigeon-hole; a bit upscale, but welcoming and unpretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crush-ing on this wine barOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/12/2013One word: love. Great wines. Delicious, inspiring appetizers - my guest and I ordered 4, never making it to the entrées - the curried scallops are a MUST. Service was wonderful - Chris (one of the owners) was very attentive and made great wine, food, and dessert recommendations. The only thing I'd change is that they don't have a full bar... I know, it's a Wine Bar. Overall amazing and I will be returning with more friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great exceptCindiCDined on 6/8/2013Everything was great except the table. High table with stools and no backs. In dresses and slacks you felt like you were going to slide off the stool. Also, a couple of menu items were not available, but we weren't told until we were placing the order for those itmes. Not a big deal, but it would have been better to know prior to ordering. All the food was very good, and their wine list is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On it's wayOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/28/2013Crush Kitchen is making a transition from a great winehouse to a dining destination as well. The menu selection is good, and the entrees were well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We used a CertifikidDateNightDined on 5/25/2013We used a Certifikid which gave us discounted pricing for a bottle of wine, 2 apps, 2 entrees & 2 desserts. The service was outstanding, the wine was lovely & the atmosphere was nice. The food was good.. but not great. We ordered the crab dip and mozzarella caprese. The crab dip was amazing.. I mean, really the best crab dip I've ever had. The Hawaiian steak was very tender, but not such a great taste. I ordered salmon with a lobster butter sauce. I really enjoyed it, though it was a little over cooked. Shout out to whoever makes the desserts!! We got the irish cream mousse and tiramisu. Wow. The mousse was incredible. We had a nice time, but don't think we would go back and pay full price... maybe we'd stop by for the desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crush- AnnapolisValvalDined on 5/21/2013Great Atmosphere and wonderful wine selection. A good spot for a romantic rendezvous. Food was ok. One of our Entrees, Veal was way over cooked. Also, food is very expensive and portions for entrees were small. Wait service was sub par for this type of place, and it was a very slow night. Probably would only go back for a drink or appetizer.Special Features:
- Excellent service and good foodCrystalDined on 5/15/2013Menu with some eclectic items. We really enjoyed the alligator sausage and the roast duck. The service was awesome. Our server was very responsive and cheerful. Overall, a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crush Winehouse is a hit!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2013The food was absolutely marvelous! The dessert (blackberry bread pudding) was the best we have ever eaten. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone....the menu is simple but everything on it is a hit! Enjoy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the priceFarra14Dined on 5/10/2013We picked 4 starters, none of which were worth the money. The tuna tasted like grocery store tuna fillet and the queso tasted like tostitos from the jar, which was served with Fritos chips. My husband got alligator sausage which tasted like the summer sausage that they sell in the mall at Christmas time. Very dissatisfied.
- Yummy and filling!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2013The alligator sausage appetizer was delicious, the scallops were melt-in-your-mouth yummy, and the salmon salad was very good. Not crazy about the chocolate and cayenne pepper dessert, but the pinot grigio was very good and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were there on a SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/5/2013We were there on a Sunday at the end of the First Sunday Festival. Only two tables of people inside and another group outside. It was nice and our waitress was friendly. The food was good but not great. We ordered entrees because we had a coupon. My husbands salmon was to fishy tasting for me and my crispy duck was nice but not great. I would like to go back and try appetizers because several sounded good. The description of the place says "small plates" , so I wonder if those would be better then full entrees. We only have another gift certificate for entrees so we are unsure if we will return anytime soon. Maybe to sit outside with a glass of wine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vast improvements have beenextrapulpVIPDined on 5/3/2013Vast improvements have been made; we'd quit coming because the food had gone to heck in a handbasket. Very rewarding evening - nice refresh of the menu - and great waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2013This wine bar is AMAZING!!! The food was incredible, especially the curried scallops. I went for an early lunch and loved the atmosphere. Our server, who I am pretty sure is the owner, was especially helpful. I brought my two year old daughter with me and he kindly offered to make her a grilled cheese sandwich and brought a huge bowl of fresh fruit along side. I was worried about bringing my daughter and her being out of place, but he made all of us feel welcome and my daughter loved her grown up lunch with Mom and Grandma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The noise level is this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/13/2013The noise level is this restaurant is very high... I think because the room is so open, the noise permentrate through the entire restaurant. I think that section should be created with movable walls.
- Very loud, poor service ExpensiveCarolTDined on 4/13/2013Very loud, poor service Expensive and not worth the cost
- Since they've changed management,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/7/2013Since they've changed management, the food quality has gone down. My sister found fruitflies in her cocktail. The main entrees were flavorless. Luckily we had a great waitress who took good care of us. The best part of the restaurant is the desserts. They were delicious!
- Very good food and an incrediblemhaha520VIPDined on 3/25/2013Very good food and an incredible wine list, but service is spotty and sometimes there aren't enough servers to adequately cover the dining room.Special Features:
- We had a groupon to use sogmattjohnsonDined on 3/25/2013We had a groupon to use so we braved the snow and made the trek down to Annapolis. The experience was great. Our appetizers were fantastic and the wine was really good. I did feel bad for the owner and chef as they were the only ones there working. I will be going back again.Special Features: