Mizumi - Wynn Las Vegas
3131 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
Wynn Las Vegas and Encore
JapanesePrice: $50 and over
Mizumi - Wynn Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://wynnlasvegas.com/
- Phone: 7027703320x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Devin Hashimoto
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The handsome teppan room magnificently transcends the typical teppanyaki experience with floor-to-ceiling windows framing postcard views of cascading waterfalls and sparkling lagoons. Eight spacious cooking stations are available, accommodating a total of 64 guests. Mizumi's exclusive semi-private dining room offers a more intimate setting in which to savor chef Hashimoto's extraordinary cuisine. The crimson decor theme is enhanced by a fanciful display of hand painted and gilted Japanese fans. A maximum of 14 guests may be accommodated at one rectangular table. Mizumi's signature floating pagoda offers a truly unique al fresco dining experience at the foot of a coursing waterfall.
- Private Party Contact: Restaurant Events 7027702251x
- Cross Street: Las Vegas Boulevard South at Sands Avenue
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available at the Wynn Main Gate, located on Las Vegas Boulevard, or the Wynn South Tower Gate, on Sands Avenue off of Las Vegas Boulevard. Complimentary, fully-enclosed self-parking is available at the Wynn self-park garage located off Las Vegas Boulevard just past the Wynn Main Gate.
A word from Mizumi - Wynn Las Vegas
Star chef Devin Hashimoto, whose talent for marrying Japanese flavors with French technique earned critical raves as chef de cuisine at Alex Stratta’s five-star temple of haute French dining, now brings his deft modern touch to the Mizumi experience. Like its sister restaurants at Wynn and Encore, Mizumi is dramatic to the eye, a sweeping space framed by panoramic views of a tranquil lagoon and Zen-like gardens. Sliding glass panels open onto two majestic waterfalls, each cascading into a shimmering koi-filled pond. A diverse range of imaginative and authentic dining experiences are available here - from Hashimoto’s a la carte menu of creations both classic and trendy to the authentic robata grill cooking, the more theatrical teppan yaki room where chefs prepare multi-course dinners tableside, or the superb sushi and sashimi bar offerings. With its iconic waterfalls, stunning décor creative Japanese fare, this oasis of tranquility offers world-class dining in the heart of Wynn.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
Mizumi - Wynn Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in Wynn Las Vegas and Encore ›
Mizumi - Wynn Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
romantic (51)scenic view (51)special occasion (48)fit for foodies (39)great for outdoor dining (19)hot spot (17)good for groups (16)notable wine list (12)late-night find (8)neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Perfect for a romantic datewillDined on 6/27/2013Mizumi is a perfect combination between outstanding food and one of the most beautiful pplace where to have a romantic date. The waterfall outdoor is simply marvellousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top scorer on all frontsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/27/2013On this visit, we tried the hot stone Ohmi beef that we cooked ourselves at the table. One word: superb. No need for the sauces that were provided, the beef was flavorful enough. The oh toro tuna belly sashimi was fabulous, well worth the cost. The ambience is great with the waterfall and the interior design. Service is excellent and unobtrusive. All in all, a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another World!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/16/2013This was my first time dining at Misumi. What a wonderful experience! Not only was the food exceptional, but the waterfall and green trees transformed the open air restaurant. We were seated inside but on the edge of the water with windows fully opened. It was my Husband's birthday. There were 4 pages of menus! What a selection! My Husband had sushi and I enjoyed California rolls. The best part was the lobster miso soup. We enjoyed the robato grill selections which were grilled skewers of meats. There was a separate room for the hibachi grill where food is cooked on a grill in front of you. Our area was much more enjoyable overlooking the falls! What a memorable meal and evening! The waiter surprised us with a birthday dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is all about the viewOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 6/15/2013The view in this restaurant is beautiful. However there are so many great sushi restaurants in vegas, and this one is not one of them. The food was not tasty and the combinations did not always go well together. It wasn't bad, it just didn't compare to the many amazing Japanese options in Vegas. This was a disappointment given the great food at the other Wynn Restaurants.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant, great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/2/2013If you enjoy Japanese quisine, you must try this restaurant. Situated in the Wynn, you find yourself transported to other world with a lush foliage covered hill and a 100ft waterfall. We tried a little something from each section of the menu. The tuna sashimi with cilantro oil and chles was amazing. The sushi was delicious and notably, remarkably restrained, with minimal rice and actual bite sized pieces. The selection of charcoal grilled skewers was amazing due to the diversity of favors and sauces included.our waiter was informative without being annoying, present when necessary, without being fawning, and provided excellent suggestions, when asked. If you've never tried chilled saki, do yourself a favor and try some here. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKFoodie2400VIPDined on 5/29/2013The restaurant offered different Japanese styles of food; i.e, sushi, sashimi, tempura, robatayaki, etc. They had a page dedicated to vegetarian options and offered bimbibap. Oops, we ordered the bimbibap in a Japanese restaurant, which was a mistake, but had to try it. Since they seem to specialize in robatayaki, we ordered several dishes. The dishes were good, but nothing special. There are other restaurants outside of the strip that have better food, but the service was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such potential- wastedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/27/2013If this was not considered "fine dining", it would be fantastic. But it is, and it's not. Let me say that the food was exceptional. Our server was great, although a bit informal. What really detracted from the experience was the behavior of the hostess and the sommelier. When we first sat down, we had not even pulled our chairs forward when my guest was admonished to remove his (cowboy) hat. Then after we ordered cocktails, the first wine was poured even before the cocktails arrived. In the first situation, the receptionist should offer to check the hat, or give my guest the courtesy to remove his hat at the table on his own. In the second situation, we should be allowed to relax and enjoy our cocktails first.
- Authentic and tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/25/2013Mizumi offers a sushi bar, a robata bar, a teppanyaki area and table service with a wonderful waterfall view. The food is excellent and no effort is spared to make the food experience as authentic as it can be. Sashimi quality is unparalleled, the robatayaki uses imported japanese charcoal and the finest meats, vegetables and seafoods, and the other offerings are innovative and beautifully presented. Treat yourself to Omi beef, you'll be glad you did and you'll never waste money on expensive, locally sourced Wagyu beef again. This restaurant was great as the Okada but is even better in its new incarnation as Mizumi. We eat here 3 or 4 times a year and always leave knowing we've had a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi!!MereVIPDined on 5/23/2013The sushi is amazing!! One of our favorites in Vegas!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great foodGreatVIPDined on 5/5/2013I really expected more of this place I didn't seat at the teppanyaki tables but the food wasn't great The sushi rice was sort of overcooked and the sushi roll wasn't exactly well made it all came apartSpecial Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/5/2013Absolutely awesome sushi @ seafood! One of my all time favorite meals!Special Features:
- Amazing sushi and sashimisignoret76VIPDined on 4/3/2013Amazing sushi and sashimi plates. We had a tasting of several and loved them all. Even the moshi ice cream was just delicious. Also the cocktails and imported beers are well selected.Special Features:
- DisapointmentCL2013VIPDined on 3/24/2013We were disapointed with the salad, the wine list starts at $130 for white wine??? We got our 3 entrees delivered 15 minutes apart from each other. Not worth our $480.Special Features:
- Far too expensive for theOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/21/2013Far too expensive for the quality and serviced received
- I thought Mizumi was a solidOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/13/2013I thought Mizumi was a solid meal at an insane cost. But it's Vegas, so that's par for the course. I have had some of the best sushi in the world, and this place doesn't play on that level. But it still manages to charge upwards of $40 for some of its special rolls, which is laughable. I got the regular sushi, which I found fresh and tasty. Definitely a good meal, but at $127 for just myself (yellowtail scallion roll, shrimp tempura roll, 2 pieces of octopus sushi, 2 of squid sushi, 2 of king crab sushi, miso soup, a mojito, and a beer), that's pretty steep. If money is no object though, there probably aren't too many better sushi spots on the strip.Special Features:
- Unfortunately dumbed-downBayAreaVisitorDined on 3/10/2013Unfortunately dumbed-down Japanese menu with repainted Chinese style RED & BLACK interior. Gone is the elegance and style and gone is the service with it. Presumably this is meant to be "more accessible" to a broader customer base but it fails miserably. Food is just OK with notable exception of the miso soup and soba noodles. Sushi was mediocre, tempura was limp and not served hot. The service was spotty, perfunctory and too casual. Easy to do better especially at this price.
- WOW!!!!!!sctrojan2003Dined on 3/8/2013The food was exceptional and very high quality. Fantastic service and ambiance. I had the 72 Hour Braised American Wagyu Short Rib and it was insane. It was like butter!Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceJoePVIPDined on 3/5/2013Excellent dining experience from the moment we walked in. The decor is subtle but pleasant. We sat outside the waterfall which was lovely. Our server was attentive, funny and always helpful. The staff attended to our water, cleared plates between courses and weren't intrusive. The food, King Crab roll and Seafood Toban, was superb. Sake selection was ample. Prices are expensive but comparable with Vegas and absolutely worth it.Special Features:
- Although I received my foodPaigeDined on 2/16/2013Although I received my food cold, the food was actual very good. The plate was promptly returned to the kitchen and I was made a whole new plate of food. The robato was well represented with various proteins and veggies. My boyfriend enjoyed his shrimp tempura and veggie fried rice.Special Features:
- The atmosphere is trendy,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2013The atmosphere is trendy, with bright red walls and masks of Japanese faces hanging in lines on the wall. Giant windows look out on a man made waterfall. Be prepared - all the items are sold a la carte and the portions are rather small. The menu is on the pricey side, but every dish was all delightful and artfully presented. My coworkers' desert was a piece of art that was almost too pretty to eat!Special Features:
- The Dragon roll was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/22/2013The Dragon roll was excellent. The menu could have used a few more rolls, but what we ate was excellent.
- Small portions, slow service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/22/2013Small portions, slow service. Waiter disappeared and wouldn't let me order a 2nd drink.Special Features:
- I had requested a table withLebRunVIPDined on 1/17/2013I had requested a table with the waterfall view, and were seated in the corner. They brought a complimentary ice cream since we were celebrating a birthday. The menu had a very limited choices, food is overpriced and the portions are so poor. I wouldn't recomend it.
- The food is good but for theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/16/2013The food is good but for the price I would not recommend it.
- Excellent qualityDeliciousVIPDined on 1/11/2013Excellent sushi, but portions were on the slight size. Left still a bit hungry.Special Features:
- Wonderful setting, exceptionalfennyVIPDined on 12/7/2012Wonderful setting, exceptional service, but they forgot one thing. The food was just average.
- One of a few Japanese eateryYukiDined on 11/23/2012One of a few Japanese eatery in Vegas with the skilled chef. Consistently good and keep itself fresh for repeaters. Still great service yet used to be at exellent...after name change I noticed a bit less of authencity.Special Features:
- As always Mizumi deliversLorimccarDined on 11/3/2012As always Mizumi delivers great food and service in a beautiful setting. The staff is attentive without hovering, amending the menu to suit your individual needs and wants. When something was not done to our satisfaction, they fixed it immediately while maintaining a positive, helpful attitude. Steve Wynn and his staff got this right!Special Features:
- Very good food. ExcellentAmazingVIPDined on 10/19/2012Very good food. Excellent menu. A little pricey but worth it.Special Features:
- Not too different from Okada,RichardVIPDined on 10/12/2012Not too different from Okada, formerly in this space, other than they painted the walls red. Excellent quality fish and gluten-free sushi rice. Not a very creative menu compared to some other modern Japanese restaurants but try the toro tasting.Special Features:
- First time in Las Vegas andReikiHelpsVIPDined on 10/11/2012First time in Las Vegas and the first time in Mizumi. This was one of the best Japanese restaurants we have ever been to. My wife is a Japanese American and knows authentic Japanese food when she has it. This restaurant is really wonderful - the Sushi was fresh - and my wife said the thin Udon was just perfect, reminding her of Japan. The service was just as good as the food.Special Features:
- High Price foe Very Normal Sushi!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/10/2012Very normal sushi. Not better than a local place. $200 pp is rediculous for this quality. This has no relationship to high end sushi in NY or San Fran.. It is, however, priced like it. Nobu is no longer the best but it is cheaper & better than this!
- Wow. We had a party of 7OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2012Wow. We had a party of 7 for dinner, taking clients out. Really creative cocktails. Fabulous food, you eat it family style. We were able to order to satisfy everyone - sushi, robatataki, salads, apps, veggies. It was really delicious. Be sure to try the corn with truffle butter. Highly recommended!! Note though that it is loud! We were screaming across the table to each other.Special Features:
- Atmosphere was great, serviceJAshDDined on 10/6/2012Atmosphere was great, service was pretty good too but food just OK. Too many other better options at Wynn/EncoreSpecial Features:
- This is my favorite VegasjeffDined on 9/27/2012This is my favorite Vegas restaurant. Not only is the food delectable, but the service delightful and the view of the garden and waterfall breathtaking and romantic. The refurbishing of the restaurant is classic and simple, yet elegant and eye-exciting. One might think a bit pricey, but the experience of service, ambiance and delicious tasting is not going to be beaten easily!Special Features:
- Everything was fabulous.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/23/2012Everything was fabulous. Of course the prices are high so I had very high expectations, but even my high expectations were exceeded.Special Features:
- Was dissapointed with serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/20/2012Was dissapointed with service and the Sushi was average. My expectations are higher for a Wynn property.Special Features:
- The food was very good withFoodloverDined on 9/15/2012The food was very good with the waterfalls being the focal point of the entire restaurant It was very nice and service was very attentive No real bad points here, but nothing over the top eitherSpecial Features:
- Over the top restaurant, wealwayshungryDined on 9/3/2012Over the top restaurant, we had the best cocktails ever, dinner was superb, great service but pricey.Special Features:
- Decor is very stark. ChinesefrequentdinerVIPDined on 8/31/2012Decor is very stark. Chinese red for a Japanese restaurant but all the food was very good. Small portions but well worth going to. Waitress had several tables so she was always late in taking our order and cancelled our additional items after 10 minutes servicing other tables and never placing our order. Also took about 15 minutes before anyone came to our table when we arrived. Fun drinks as well.Special Features: