111 West Kinzie
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.untitledchicago.com/
- Phone: 312-880-1511x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon: 4:30 – 12:00am
Tue: 4:30pm – 1:00am
Wed: 4:30pm – 1:00am
Thu: 4:30pm – 2:00am
Fri: 4:30pm – 2:00am
Sat: 4:30pm – 3:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Joseph Heppe
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining available. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-880-1511
- Private Party Facilities: A wide selection of various creative, crafted menu packages that include fresh oysters, house-made artisanal cheeses, house cured meats, small and large plates, put together with local, seasonal produce and products. Incorporate the experience with various bar packages involving the American whiskey catalog and wine pairings. The multiple rooms of Untitled are decorated with historic artifacts and rustic, yet comfortable furniture that creates a warm and inviting atmosphere for seated diners or standing receptions.
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 312-880-1511x
- Special Events: Special Event booking available. Please contact Chelsey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-880-1503
A word from Untitled
At Untitled you engage in an exclusive, yet warm and welcoming total dining experience. Executive Chef Joseph Heppe's homage to favorites from the supper clubs of the early 20th Century features imaginative creations highlighted in small plates using hand-selected, sustainable ingredients.The extensive whisky list features over 470 American varieties, as well as craft cocktails and beers, and wines from around the globe. Untitled also headlines live entertainment that focuses on American rooted genres like jazz, western swing, soul, jump blues, and others performed 5 nights a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Untitled - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Untitled reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (98)good for groups (93)hot spot (84)fit for foodies (71)special occasion (68)late-night find (66)romantic (36)neighborhood gem (27)notable wine list (19)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- UnderwhelmingdyanDined on 4/4/2014I liked the ambience, however, the tables were pretty close together. The different areas of the restaurant were cool but the food didn't knock my socks off. I think the food was a little over-priced for the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe I'm old butYuck23VIPDined on 4/3/2014Don't go here if you want to actually talk during dinner. Way too loud for normal conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing else like it in theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014nothing else like it in the city. very unique. love the whiskey library!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cool vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/29/2014Visited on a Saturday night, had the tasting menu, food was very good, service was great, waiter and multiple others were clearing plates, bringing the next dish, filling water glasses and taking new drink orders very frequently. Decor is speakeasy, 20's dark restaurant and bar, which fits the vibe. The only tiny complaint is that the food came way too fast. Tasting menu has small plates, but we were never finished with one course when the next one or two showed up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise?? Untitled is the way!!SanamDined on 3/28/2014I took my wife to this place and they surprise me with a bottle of champaign :). The waitress was awesome and she has a preety good idea of the drinks, music was superb too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place was very clean andSilentdinerVIPDined on 3/27/2014The place was very clean and the set up of the dining area very nice. Music was nice. We attended dinner and to check out for possibly having a party there in the future. Variety of food, private and open areas . Hostess at front when checking in was excellent and outstanding. She was very attentive, friendly and professional. The gals for checking in coats were very friendly and attentive even with a crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool vibe with just ok foodHavemorefunDined on 3/26/2014The space itself is very cool and chic. The food, however, is a tad overpriced for what you are actually getting. I had the fillet and it was mediocre at best. I know it's not a steak place, but for $45.00 with no sides, it should at least be decent. I would return, but more for the drinks, atmosphere and perhaps the burlesque show on Thursday night.Special Features:
- Side dining room isn't as fun...JEnniferDined on 3/22/2014I wish there was a way to know if you will be seated in the main dining room with the live music. We ended up in the side dining room and it was a little disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a placeThreasaVIPDined on 3/21/2014hip and happening venue in Chicago, dinner was okay .the entertainment was outstanding. great night had by all. what an amazing concept. will recommend to everyone visiting this wonderful city.Special Features:
- small beers!texterDined on 3/21/2014I loved the food and ambiance but could not get over the beer sizes! They are gouging customers with city prices for 12 oz. beers! I paid $7 for a 12oz pilsner!!! it wasn't even high alcohol to justify the cost. For that reason I will never return to Untitled.Special Features:
- Better in the bar or on aSusanVIPDined on 3/18/2014Better in the bar or on a livelier night. The restaurant was a little cavernous on a Tuesday.Special Features:
- Fun and Lively - Great Live MusicChicChicagoDined on 3/8/2014We went with a group of 6 and had the tasting menu, which while pricey, was a great way to try a TON of food. It was too much food. The entertainment was GREAT - the soul/funk band was amazing and the burlesque show was a great throwback to the prohibition era. Overall I would say skip dinner and go for drinks although don't go too late - there was a line around the block when we left. Great bar scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the experience. A bitmasaDined on 3/8/2014Loved the experience. A bit pricey buy must be seen as a whole experience and not just a mealSpecial Features:
- Loud but worth itIheartFranceVIPDined on 3/7/2014We had a group of 6 and were at one of the booths, which was great because we closed the curtain to cut down on some of the noise. The high ceilings make the echo really terrible so it was hard to have a coversation, but the food was great and the atmosphere itself was fun. Try the brussel sprouts and scallops!Special Features:
- AMAZINGKirstigalDined on 3/7/2014This was quite possibly the most amazing date I have every been on, and though my companion is spectacular Untitled is what really made this a memorable night for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rightfully NamedSalinaDined on 3/7/2014I can see why this place is named "Untitled"....I'm not quite sure any name would suit how amazing it truly is, and the fact that the ambience is early to mid 1900's just gives it the extra umph some of us so desire. From the whiskey bar to the burlesque dancers to the amazing food we indulged in, Untiled might just be my favorite Chicago spot ever.Special Features:
- ** Please don't go for theMichaelVIPDined on 3/6/2014** Please don't go for the food. This place is amazing and fun I love it every time I go. I have had 4 dinners there and the food was just OK at best. The people and the place is what keeps us going back.Special Features:
- Atmosphere was awesome andgirls1Dined on 3/4/2014Atmosphere was awesome and staff was pleasant but the food was very bad. Definitely would go back to hear a band but not eat.
- Food's not great; the drinks arejbr863Dined on 3/3/2014We got the deviled eggs starter, chicken & waffles starter, potatoes gratin and apple & huckleberry pie. The potatoes were undercooked, the chicken breading tasted a bit like salted fish sticks and the chicken meat itself must have come from Jewel's freezer section...and it was also a bit undercooked. The eggs and the pie were great. The pie was REALLY good, actually. The drinks were another matter entirely though. The whiskey selection in this place is vast though and though limited, I found the beer selection to be very well selected. Overall, I'd come back to this spot if I was with a whiskey drinker and we were planning to eat elsewhere...or maybe just for pie.Special Features:
- Great variety of small plateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2014Great variety of small plate options, all really well executed. Excellent service and attention to detail. Good specialty cocktails. Solid beer list. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long waitMacdeezVIPDined on 2/28/2014We had a Reservation at 8:45 and they did not seat us until 9:30. This happened last time we had dinner at 9:00 they didnt seat us till 9:30. it was extremely frustrating and the hostess just kept saying IM sorry theres nothing we can, i will never go back for dinner because of this awful planning. The food on the other hand was pretty great but our waitress barely came to our table after we ordered to see how we were and it took us 30 minutes to get another bottle of wine.Special Features:
- Unique Chicago experienceJenYDined on 2/28/2014Great spot that has a speakeasy feel to come and listen to live music. It's a nice surprise and awkward for some to be entertained by the burlesque show during live music intermission. Fun place for groups but a little too loud to carry on any meaningful conversation. Beware if you stay after live music commences, this place turns from a classy club to a crappy college bar blaring acdc and old school hip hop like a scene from Dusk till Dawn!! It's an all around fun time but perhaps plan your late night dance party elsewhere!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to start an eveningeddie2handsDined on 2/26/2014Although the quality of service tends to vary a little more than I'd like from server to server, on a whole this is still an excellent place to set the tone for an evening out. The music is always upbeat, and the selection of cocktails is interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and perfect knobOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/26/2014Great food and perfect knob creek old fashions. Would recommend the food and the bar scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot!SmokinDined on 2/24/2014My wife and I went for our anniversary, and had an amazing time. We went with the tasting menu - more food that we could have possibly imagined. Everything was fantastic, there was only one dish (out of 9) that we thought was only good, the rest were incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!JennyVIPDined on 2/22/2014An absolutely wonderful restaurant! Chef Joe's creations are always delicious as well as a great staff & entertainment!Special Features:
- The Atmosphere is WonderfulshpepaDined on 2/22/2014I like the the portions are designed big enough for sharing. The combination of the low lighting and plush decorations make it a nice spot for a third date. It is a little pricey. The drinks are wonderful though. It does tend to be crowded and there will definitely be a line after 9pm, making a reservation remedies any problems stemming from that though. The volume might turn off some people but the advantage to that that is that you have lean in close to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bar, Average RestaurantChicagofoodie5290Dined on 2/21/2014I frequent this bar weekly and decided to try it for dinner. They have an outstanding whiskey selection and the bartenders (Matt, Pito and Robert) in the "Whiskey Library" are world class. Impeccable hand crafted cocktails worth every penny. The restaurant was a different story- overpriced food, cramped quarters, and average service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place to go toOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/21/2014You will have a great time with the entertainment and food is good. But know it is very loud so you can't even talk to the person next to you and the table are very crowded together and after 9pm people will be standing by your table with a drink in hand blocking your view of the entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Speakeasy with entertainmentPammerDined on 2/21/2014Love coming to a place that has great food, drinks, live music and on the weekends when the band takes a break, a dancer comes out and performs. Great people watching! It gets loud when the band is playing, so it's hard to talk without screaming at each other during dinner. There is not a cover charge unless there is a special event going on, but the drinks and food are expensive to make up for not having a cover. Great vibe....I've already made a reservation for the next time in Chicago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oopsswt21VIPDined on 2/18/2014Mistakes on delivery of food made dining experience disappointingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ambience, poor serviceCattersDined on 2/15/2014We made a reservation for a Saturday night. Getting seated was terrible as front desk staff stemmed to ignore us and help everyone around us but us. They seemed annoyed to even help us and we were just a party of 6. I understand Saturdays are quite busy here but they didn't have to be so incredibly disorganized and rude. Food was also mediocre as we ordered from most of the menu. Small menu and some items were overcooked. The only good thing was being able to access the bar in the lounge area after dinner.Special Features:
- An Absolute Must TryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014If you have the chance to try Untitled, jump at the opportunity immediately. A definite experience like no other. It is absolutely everything you'd expect and simultaneously nothing you've ever experienced. And that is the key to Untitled - it is an entire experience. Yes, the food is incredible. Yes, the atmosphere is electric. After descending the dimly lit stairs to the candle lit landing the experience begins. It is what you make it. Our dinner was incredibly romantic and felt intimate, then we moved to the live room to check out the performances and were absolutely blown away. Then the dancing started... You can do the math from there. Go. Be. Take it all in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Engagement CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014My fiancé proposed on Valentine's Day and dinner the following night was a continuation of our celebration. The food was great, ambience definitely happening. Our server in The Library was okay; she didn't seem to be into it and, upon giving us our check, she requested if we could give her the tip in cash b/c it would "help her out". Rather uncool. However, our server in the main dining room was not only attentive and gracious but also very classy. We were there for a little bit of the live music show and it was off the chain. Overall, a great place and we'd make a return visit.Special Features:
- Valentine's dinner and live musicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014We wanted a decent meal and live music to follow. Did not disappoint. seated immediately and the food was great. My wife had the hanger steak and she said it was one of the best she has ever had. We shared the short ribs and scallops, melt in your mouth, highly recommend. The waiter paired nice wines recommendations for us, and my salmon with wild mushrooms was delish! It will be a bit on the pricier side, but we do not get out often, so worth it for us. A blues, rock band was just starting next door, if going after 8pm and you want to talk during your dinner, find out where you are seated, if by the band, it might be too loud. Entertainment was good and burlesque show in between sets was interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day DinnerMaz1018Dined on 2/14/2014Had a Great night the mood and scene were amazing, very romantic yet energetic, the food and service were both amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJKelDined on 2/7/2014Went for restaurant week and enjoyed every part of the tasting menu. The waiter was very knowledgable about everything. No one in my party was disappointed. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingRockstarVIPDined on 2/7/2014Great selection of excellent food...I highly recommend the tasting menu. Excellent service from waiter Kyle (thor).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Cocktails,EntertainmentGALSDINNERCLUBDined on 2/6/2014We've been to Untitled several times and have never been disappointed. Love the atmosphere, great food & cocktails, and the entertainment is outstanding. Great find for a night out.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekEllenDined on 2/6/2014Being able to sample the menu with the restaurant week offerings was great. Everything we had was delicious. The service was great as well. Louis was friendly and knowledgeable. We also had drinks before and after which were great. Michael was an amazing bartender!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.