111 West Kinzie
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.untitledchicago.com/
- Phone: 312-880-1511x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon: 4:30 – 12:00am
Tue: 4:30pm – 1:00am
Wed: 4:30pm – 1:00am
Thu: 4:30pm – 2:00am
Fri: 4:30pm – 2:00am
Sat: 4:30pm – 3:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Joseph Heppe
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining available. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-880-1511
- Private Party Facilities: A wide selection of various creative, crafted menu packages that include fresh oysters, house-made artisanal cheeses, house cured meats, small and large plates, put together with local, seasonal produce and products. Incorporate the experience with various bar packages involving the American whiskey catalog and wine pairings. The multiple rooms of Untitled are decorated with historic artifacts and rustic, yet comfortable furniture that creates a warm and inviting atmosphere for seated diners or standing receptions.
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 312-880-1511x
- Special Events: Special Event booking available. Please contact Chelsey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-880-1503
A word from Untitled
At Untitled you engage in an exclusive, yet warm and welcoming total dining experience. Executive Chef Joseph Heppe's homage to favorites from the supper clubs of the early 20th Century features imaginative creations highlighted in small plates using hand-selected, sustainable ingredients.The extensive whisky list features over 470 American varieties, as well as craft cocktails and beers, and wines from around the globe. Untitled also headlines live entertainment that focuses on American rooted genres like jazz, western swing, soul, jump blues, and others performed 5 nights a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Untitled - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Untitled reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (92)good for groups (87)hot spot (81)fit for foodies (71)late-night find (66)special occasion (65)romantic (31)neighborhood gem (28)notable wine list (17)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Great Live Music and Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014Visiting Chicago for weekend and came for dinner based on recommendation from friend. Loved Unititled. Great live music, great layout, and most of all great food. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014Second time at Untitled, we sat in the lounge area this time the band was playing and the atmosphere was awesome. Food was great so were the Drinks...Our server was very helpful but seemed to disappear and we would have to look for him. The restaurant turn into a club after 11 which I did not know, But it worked out great we were celebrating my husband;s birthday so A little dancing was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a GNOOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/18/2014Went to Untitled on a Saturday night with a group of girlfriends for dinner and dancing. First time there for all, and it was fabulous! Our server was awesome....great with recommendations and very patient with chatty group. We never felt rushed, shared lots of great little plates, and drank some fantastic cocktails. The evening was wrapped up by dancing the night away. So full of energy, great mix of ages in the crowd, and awesome music selections. We had SO much fun and will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Food was great but it was too loud to have a conversation. I would not eat here again.Special Features:
- Amazing food and serviceexpertfoodieDined on 10/15/2014When I picked Untitled to take a group of colleagues visiting from Paris, I didn't know what to expect. We loved the specialty drinks and ate tapas style. Service was attentive, food was fantastic (especially the pork shoulder and seafood tower). Wine list is reasonably priced but good. Ambiance was great, speakeasy with some live music. I'll definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a large groupSmellsLikeRedWineDined on 10/11/2014Went with a group of ten for dinner and had a great time!Special Features:
- Drinks not for DinnerDJ07VIPDined on 10/10/2014Go there for drinks and forget eating there! The Oyster Rockerfeller was one of the worst I've ever tasted. I am not sure there was an oyster under all the breadcrumbs.
- Great food. Rough on timingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/10/2014This is a wonderful spot. The food was great and the service was attentive. The only issue I had is that since this is a tapas restaurant we were told that the food would come out staggered so that we could enjoy each course. Great! (in theory) All the food came out on top of one another... which wasn't ideal bc we felt like we needed to rush eating so things wouldn't get cold. If the timing was better I would have had a better overall experience. For the cost, Untitled needs to get the tapas serving time correct, or change its food style.Special Features:
- Great Date PlacedateNightReviewerDined on 10/4/2014The inside of the place is amazing. It has 3+ bars, many cozy rooms, bands play on a large stage in the main room, entertainers walk through the audience between sets, and the food is amazing. You can ask to be near the music or in one of their quieter rooms for a more intimate setting.Special Features:
- foodieover40VIPDined on 10/4/2014We had 8p reservations and got there early. The place was fairly empty. We had a drink in the "library" which was very comfortable. Our table for dinner was in the main room with the band. The food was excellent. We had a variety of items...squash blossoms, oysters rockefeller, peaches and burrata, meatballs, skate wing, salmon, chicken. All was tasty. The only problem could be noise level. Conversation can be challenging due to the band but the place is an experience. Speakeasy type atmosphere. Awesome evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2014I've dined here many times and without fail I'm always impressed. Right from the beginning having the hostess acknowledge our table request through to the end of wine service everything was wonderful as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early saturday nightVegansVIPDined on 9/27/2014Maybe not the best time to rate a restaurant. It wasn't too busy and service just took a long time. took 10-15 minutes to get a drink and I understand these are crafted drinks but there weren't many people there. Our she was very nice!!!Special Features:
- Al Capone would stop here!mezzDined on 9/27/2014We went for dinner, but this seemed to be the place to go for some adult "refreshments". Coming down the dimly lit stairs (note to restaurant...a little light strip at the very bottom steps at the turn please! Saw several patrons tiptoeing gingerly down the steps, groping for handrails), you enter a very engaging speakeasy atmosphere. The tapas style menu was serviceable. Enjoyed the dishes we'd ordered, particularly the mushroom pappardelle. The real draw here is the atmosphere and the truly enticing lounge with a dramatic backlit wall of whiskeys. There's a slightly "forbidden" air to the place, which made the lounge buzz. Worth checking out!Special Features:
- Always Entertaining & Great Food!SherylDined on 9/20/2014This nightclub and restaurant is outstanding. Great live music and the food is unbelievable. Be warned -- there are no quiet tables for dinner and booths are for 6 or more.Special Features:
- One of my favorite Chicago spots!LadyLenaDined on 9/19/2014My date and I indulged in Untitled's tasting menu, which the chef was kind enough to alter slightly to accommodate a severe food allergy of mine. Every bite was delicious and, as always, the cocktails were outstanding! I can never get enough of Untitled's warm, vibrant, and uber chic atmosphere. From the glam decor to the great live music and their various unique rooms, I never want to leave when I'm here. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must experience.winendinemeDined on 9/19/2014Great ambience, service, food, and entertainment. What more can you ask for in an evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect NightDom1Dined on 9/9/2014I came with two friends for my fiance's birthday. We received comp champagne upon arrival and desert at the end of our meal (with a birthday candle). Service was fantastic! Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Saturday night funAtmospherelessDined on 9/6/2014Dishes made for sharing. Some very notable and delicious. Great drinks if you like whiskey and bourbon. Live music was entertaining and loud. Not good for conversations but fun.Special Features:
- Fun with friends before 8:00GatorInChicagoDined on 9/6/2014I brought some friends from out of town and they loved the scene. The food was good, unique, but very heavy. Once the band started at 8:00 we couldn't hear each other. Wish we had gone earlier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Speak EasyraywillowDined on 9/5/2014Wonderful jazz and big band artists. The food is delicious but its small plates so keep that in mind. The whiskey cocktails are very well thought of...I recommend the Tennessee MuleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great palceFrequentdinerDined on 9/5/2014food was great, band was fantastic, service great as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls NightAnnieDined on 9/5/2014We had a group of 6 girls go out for dinner. This was the perfect spot! Great drinks and ambiance and the jazz music on Friday was a fun touch.Special Features:
- DisappointedDelaneyDined on 9/5/2014Made a reservation ahead of time for Friday night. When we arrived however we were seated in what seemed like their "overflow room" off to the side by the service bar in a brightly lit room away from the music and main dining room. Was trying to keep an open mind despite being disappointed that we weren't prioritized in the slightest for our advanced reservations... But then the glasses and silverware were dirty and the wine tasted like the bottle had been open a while. The food was alright and actually the burger my fiancé ordered was great - but everything felt pretentiously overpriced and this feeling was only exacerbated by the fact that we were seated in the brightly lit bar room.
- Hang Onto Your Hat!lovelylisaDined on 8/30/2014From the dark cavernous rooms to the eclectic food choices...nothing about this dining experience is like anything you've experienced before. It is fun, exciting, and stimulating! The menu is designed for sharing and be prepared for tasting some new preparations of common foods. We ordered 4 appetizers, 2 entrees and 3 desserts for 6 people and that was enough. There are a la carte options if you truly are not into sharing, and while the portions are not standard size, they are enough to satisfy your hunger. The noise level is the only real negative but its part of the experience. Don't chose this restaurant for a romantic night out, better suited to a GNO. We went on a night there was a band and it made the evening even more fun!Special Features:
- Should have spent more timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/28/2014We were in a hurry due to meeting for a play. We had a sampler of eight different and excellent foods for $44.00. It was great, the only unfortunate thing was that we were in a hurry. The staff was extremely attentive. A dirty and empty dish didn't sit for long before a service person removed. We were delighted and definitely will return to spend more time there.Special Features:
- Great food, great musicJmelsdjVIPDined on 8/27/2014This is a spectacular venue for food and music. Our server did a great job and we had the tasting menu which was spectacular. On the night we went there was a string quartet that was just wonderful. From the outside you would never know what a beautiful place it is inside.Special Features:
- Awesome... can't wait to go back!RubyRabbitDined on 8/22/2014I was visiting a friend in Chicago and we tried out Untitled, a "speakeasy" type restaurant/bar with little to no signage from street level. For once, the pretentiousness was worth it - once downstairs, we saw that the place was beautiful and really spacious. The food was nothing short of outstanding, with a family-style small plate sharing menu but good portion sizes and amazing flavours. We were entertained by a really great band all night, with some burlesque thrown in during intermissions - a wonderful bonus we weren't necessarily expecting! The nighttime dance floor and DJ were also tons of fun and catered to a late 20's-30's crowd. I have only 2 complaints: way too dark and way too noisy! But everything else was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/22/2014this was my second time dining here and the service was poor. Aside from coming for drinks I doubt I will ever make a reservation to eat here again.
- PollyDined on 8/19/2014We had a great dinner and great recmomendations! the cheese was plate was fabulous, the salmon a big hit. The steak tartare was delicious. Great service. Very nice gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unique experience - must see!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Truly a unique experience and one which I will be repeating regularly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre Service and a bad attitudeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The atmosphere was a lot of fun! The food was good, not great, but good. The service wasn't great, esp. For the prices we were paying. We sat at our table for at least 30 mins with no drinks, no check. Had to go find our server ourselves. We solved that issue then stepped out to the outdoor patio, found a table, then the server out there told us she couldn't bring the drinks we wanted because she was "way too busy" to get the drinks we wanted. It was ridiculous, to say the least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!Drang2011Dined on 8/15/2014Such a cool atmosphere, one that I have yet to see in Chicago! This is a must do in Chicago!! Great place for entertaining friends from out of town as it is so unique!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AskEv3AskEv3Dined on 8/8/2014Great food, great music & great ambiance- love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, terible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/8/2014We had a reservation at 8 pm, we got seated at the table at 8:10 which is ok, but server took our order for drinks 30 min later apologizing they are very busy, we waited another 30 min to order the food because nobody came to our table, I had to tell the bass-boy 3 times to call our waiter, after we finally order food we had to wait about 40-45 min for food to show up and still no 3rd round of drinks because waiter was to busy......Special Features:
- GenkiDined on 8/7/2014Entertainment was outstanding and you are taken back to the speak-easy days of Chicago. Great for a different type of evening out. Classy, fun, great decor, too. Food portions are a bit small for the prices, but given there is no cover charge for entertainment, maybe justified. However, I would not suggest as a dinner venue, but a place for drinks, light bites and great, sexy entertainment.Special Features:
- Great timeMicheleDined on 8/4/2014The food was very flavorful; a bit overpriced for such small portions. The ambience was great and I liked the larger tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!IlonaDined on 8/2/2014Loved the show aspect of the dinner, it was a nice surprise. The place is a bit loud for intimate conversation but overall, worth a try.Special Features:
- Atmosphere Awesome - Food So-SoLMSarbachVIPDined on 8/2/2014First time here. Great atmosphere. Drinks were good but food not so much so. Steak was cold, pomme frites were soggy as was the "crispy" squash blossom. If I go back I would only order drinks and cheese platter - can't ruin cheese!! Entertainment and burlesque show was nice and we all enjoyed. VERY LOUD...don't count on having a conversation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisySushiLoverDined on 8/1/2014Unique space, separate ambiance thru out the club makes it very vibrant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!CoachDined on 8/1/2014This is a great spot for couples, for groups, and for anytime before a show, dinner, and/or a variety show. We were going for drinks and appetizers before a show, and it was still quiet around 5:45pm on a Friday. Our waiter, Aaron, was fantastic, and encouraged us to take a tour of the place before we left. There a private cabanas that can be reserved. On Thursdays, we're told there's a variety show. They have bands a various nights, and that is all besides the fact that they have the largest collection of American Whiskey in the world! Even the restrooms are fancy! When we were done, our waiter Aaron gave us a tour of the whole venue, and it was quite extensive, 5 bars, a fake door that lead to the entertainment area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.